Does it Work? - Body Brushing (anyone tryed it)

View Full Version : Body Brushing (anyone tryed it)

Lady Jackyl
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I was just wondering if anyones ever tryed body brushing? I know its when you use a medium stiff brush like a back scrubber on trouble areas with celulite and loose skin..... but I want to know if it works? and if so how long did you have to do it to see results?

cindy63
03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Ouch! I wonder if this does work, Gotta hurt though with all my cellulite.

I will have to watch this to see what everyones in put is!

xenigal
03-29-2006, 10:40 AM
I have done it a few times and have to say it is great for exfoliation but I haven't done it enough to see results for what it is suppose to be for. I think it does increase circulation to the parts that are brushed so it does seem to make sense that it could make a difference in skin tone.

I'll watch this thread myself to see if anyone else has more experience.

Meg
03-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately, if you're left with excess skin after weight loss, dry brushing can't make it disappear. Skin is an organ - in fact it's the largest organ in your body! - and increasing circulation to it won't diminish its size. Just like rubbing your nose won't make it smaller. :lol:

Check out our Weight Loss and Skin FAQs (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040) for more info on skin and weight loss. ;)

happytx
03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Ive done it, but strictly as an exfoliate, and it felt really good, and I liked it, it really woke me up in the mornings before my shower, but I didnt see any changes in cellulite or anything like that. But I also didnt follow through, its one of those things that when I remember, I do it.

Lady Jackyl
03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Figures that it doesnt work although I dont have a problem with loose skin more like celulite on my butt and upper thighs.. and a little around my belly button, very frustrating when you lose all that weight and you still find things to complain about. ;)