Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default Everday Exercisers ~ Tuesday 7/31

Welcome to Everyday Exercisers -- a daily thread that focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goals are to stay active, stay hydrated, and make healthy eating choices. We share our exercise plans for the week, and check in each day to share our progress...and our set-backs. Here you'll find a supportive and encouraging environment in which to pursue your fitness goals, and a community of people who share your commitment to fitness and provide motivation and inspiration to each other. Welcome!
Old 07-31-2001, 09:45 AM   #2  

I am going to yoga for an hour this morning and am planning on doing some cardio while I am at the gym. I am not feeling too motivated today - so I'll edit this when I get back home and tell you all what I got in.

~~~~~~edit

Well I missed yoga (I got the time mixed up and was an hour late). But I did 30 min stairmaster, 30 min stationary bike, 300 crunches, some other ab stuff, and 20 minutes of stretching.

Last edited by morrigan; 07-31-2001 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2001, 10:07 AM   #3  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Good morning, everyone!

Oh, I am so sore today! Actually, dh and I moved a big ole desk on the weekend, so I was pretty stiff yesterday too, whch is why I skipped Curves.... I did have a real good yoga workout last night.

Morrigan! No TV! I can't even imagine! Now I see how you manage to get so much activity in! If only I were that strong....

jusdoit... If you can find a yoga class to take, please do... I found it to be so good to know that someone was watching me to make sure I got the asanas right. It is sooo worth the cost! I think that the yoga video that I ordered last week is in at the post office.... so I'll let you know how I do with it!

Stamper, I'm not sure about another class or not... I really liked this one, and the instructor teaches year round, but I think I'm gonna give videos a try first. If I don't like them, or don't keep up with it, I'll look at the fall classes. We'll see.......

Dena, you look fabulous! Doesn't it feel great when other people notice your loss, and feel the need to comment? I love that feeling! Keep up the great work! And I'm sorry, I missed your birthday! Happy belated!

Congrats, ageoldie! You'll have that towel before you know it! I know that free stuff has always been a great motivator for me..... earlier this year, Curves had a promotion that if you worked out a minimum of 3 times a week for 2 months, you got a water bottle. You should have seen me! All for a cheap little bottle that leaks all over me every time I drink out of it!

Question of the Day! How many different size groups of clothing live in the back of your closet/dresser? Honestly, I have some clothes in the the size I'm in now, but I also have a size or two smaller in there too..... And to be totally honest, I have some "fat clothes" too.... although I have to say I'm keeping them for comfortable maternity clothes! Let's make a pledge to go thru our clothes that don't fit, and get rid of at least some of them! We deserve new clothes, don't we?

As for me.... I'm not sure about Curves today because of the soreness in my back and arms, so I'm playing that by ear. At a minimum though, I will be doing my new yoga tape, as long as I get to the post office in time to pick it up!

Have a great one!
Old 07-31-2001, 12:11 PM   #4  

Wink Mornin' All!

Stamper - The only bad thing about vacations is preparing for them and coming back from them , but they're still worth it! Are you a list person? I find that lists always help me. Try to relax and then have a wonderful vacation .

Dena - YOU GO GIRL! You are looking HOT in that slinky black dress. Seriously though, that's great that you are reaping the rewards that you deserve for HARD WORK. CONGRATS!!!

Ageoldie - That h20 pump class sounds awesome! That towel is as good as yours .

Morrigan - Your workouts always amaze and inspire me. The idea that you are not feeling motivated today so you're ONLY going to do an hour of yoga and some cardio makes it clear to me how you've been so successful at losing weight and keeping it off. You have such a great attitude. Thanks for sharing it with us !

Marvin - I appreciate your advice about taking a yoga class. I really, really want to. Like anything else, it's just a matter of making it a priority and making time for it. I WILL do it. Let me know how the yoga tape is. As for clothes sizes in my closet......it's a little complicated right now because I still have my pre- and post-pregnancy clothes in there. I should move them to the closet with my maternity clothes. The other problem is that different sizes fit me depending on the garment. Okay, this is my way of not really addressing the question. Perhaps I should look into politics.....

Here's my situation today: I got to the gym this a.m. and did 40 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes of weights. I plan to workout for the next 4 days as follows: Wed-swim; Thurs-bike/weights; Fri-swim; Sat-run. That will make 5 days in a row and 5 days for the week. I WILL DO THIS!

Take care everyone and keep moving
Old 07-31-2001, 03:26 PM   #5  

Thanks justdoit! You have to remember that right now I have no job, no TV, and no kids. I am sure that makes it a lot easier for me to get in workouts than the average 30 year old woman. I just hope exercise becomes such a habit that when school starts I can keep it up.

I think about the last few years where I would kill time after school and before a football game by grading papers at the local mexican restaurant and eating dinner and about 2-3 baskets of chips. Maybe this year I can work out after school, grab a quick bite to eat, and grade papers at the coffee house or the library instead.

Question of the day answer: I took all my size 12-18 clothes to the goodwill 2 weeks ago. There is no turning back for me.

Cool thing of the week: My DH said he came around the corner at the gym and didn't even recognize me for just a second when I was lifting weights.

Last edited by morrigan; 07-31-2001 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:52 PM   #6  
Theres no stopping me now

Talking I'm getting back on track

Hello ladies, can I come back??

I used post in this thread earlier in the year, but a family illness took away every spare minute of my time so I gave up the exercise - it was either that or not sleep, might have been a better choice. I used to post as Big Sal, but changed my name to something more congenial (sp?) I'm still just as big though. Well Dad is much better now, but deaf as post, but that's the last of my worries. I have lost all my fitness & muscles. I'm starting right back at scratch where I was in January - but I got there once I can build it up again.

My plan for the week

Mon - 30 min walk, 30 minute bike ride - all done
Tues - 30 min walk, 30 mins aerobics - done
Wed - 30 mins walk, 30 mins bike ride
Thur - 30 mins walk, 30 mins aerobics
Fri - 30 mins walk, swim 25 (at least) lengths
Sat & Sun - active life style - in otherwords I won't be a couch potato all weekend.

That aerobic video just about killed me this evening - I used to do the whole thing twice a week but 30 minutes was a big challenge tonight - but I will get there.

Marvin I'm glad you're still heading off to curves is Copperblu still around ?

Carol
Old 07-31-2001, 10:06 PM   #7  

Ageoldie: Congrats on keeping on track to win that towel. The H2OPump class sounds interesting.

Dena: I bet it was great to fit into that black dress on your trip. Glad you had a good birthday trip.

Smiling Sal: Welcome back. I just started on this thread in May. Copperblu is still here. I think she might be on vacation? A lot of folks have been in and out lately for vacations.

Morrigan: Sounds like you had a good workout even though you missed the yoga class.

Justdoit: Sounds like you are determined to get your 5 days of workouts in this week!

Marvin: Hope your muscle soreness gets better. If you got your yoga tape today, maybe the yoga will help.

My update: For Q of the Day: I have my Large clothes that I am wearing and medium clothes that I hope to fit into. Over the past year I have gotten rid of a lot of clothes that were 4 sized smaller than I am now. Having them hanging in the closet made me feel worse instead of motivated. So I just kept things I had a prayer of fitting into. I have been doing a lot of wash and grocery shopping and have a pretty good start at my packing so I feel better. I swam and did water aerobics for an hour tonight.
Old 07-31-2001, 11:37 PM   #8  

Well, today was kinda hectic so I didn't get to go to my gym, but I did manage to walk a total of one hour (1/2 hour this morning and 1/2 hour after lunch). I plan to walk one more time this evening. I feel so much better when I'm active.

Stamper, congratulations for swimming and doing water aerobics in spite of getting everything ready for your trip. You're doing a fantastic job!

Hi Smiling Sal! Glad to meet you. You'll see that video will get easier and easier. Good for you for getting back into it!

Morrigan, that is so great that your hubby didn't recognize you! Looking good! Keep up the great workouts!

Jusdoit, I know you'll do those exercises 5 times this week. You are doing Grrrrrrrreat!! I don't have any kidlets, so it's easier for me to work out. We are in this together!

Marvin, thanks for your warm birthday wishes! To answer your questions about my clothing in the closet... I gave my clothes away in spurts. First I got rid of my XXL tee shirts and moo moos with pleasure. Then I got rid of my size 16 clothes, then my 14's. I was so happy when I could wear my size 12's and 10's, even though I looked like I just stepped out of the 80's. I finally stepped up to 2001 with my size 8's and bought a few size 6's for incentive. I can actually wear those new pants if I don't breathe.

I'm so glad we have this thread and the support of each other. We are getting stronger and healthier everyday!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 08-01-2001, 01:28 AM   #9  

I was wondering if I could join you ladies. My name is Pamela and I am currently trying to lose weight after gaining 60 pounds with my son last year! He is almost one now. I have only really gotten motivated this past month and so far have lost 13 pounds. I too work out every day (I think I need to for my particular body type).
My plan for the week is this:
Monday: did a fat burning video
Tuesday: walk around downtown Minneapolis for a couple of hours (our ac broke)
Wednesday: video
Thursday:video
Friday: video
We share a house with my dad and he usually watches Emmett in the morning while I bike for an hour. He is away in Colorado right now though. At least it is too hot to overeat. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Oh as far as the clothes thing goes, I haven't given away anything yet. We're actually ttc #2 but I'm glad I'm out of those 18's. Might be able to use them for maternity and postnatal clothing
In Christ,
Pamela
Closed Thread