LA Weight Loss - Benefiber?

View Full Version : Benefiber?

chsgls
03-28-2006, 07:33 AM
I am a believer in getting enough fiber and eat Fiber 1 cereal every morning. What I was wondering is if there is room in this plan for adding some benefiber to water to help in our regularity? I am eating my veggies but am still trying to get about 35 grams of fiber in a day. What do you all do?
Cheryl

Boo'sMom
03-28-2006, 07:47 AM
I don't know about the powder as far as calories/etc, but I have the caplets and won't take them--they are loaded with stuff I don't need--I save my calories for the good stuff--LOL. Plus, you have to take so many! I would say check the label then decide. If the calories, sugar, sodium, etc., aren't much it probably can't hurt. Just MHO. I added flaxseed oil caplets to my day for extra help.

arabianflower
03-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Check the label for the calories and ask. The easiest way I guess is to add more multi-grain, high fiber selections to your diet, such as apples, spelt bread, or soy milk. Try using ground flax seeds and sprinkle them on your salad or in your yogurt--they can give you your necessary fat while adding more fiber.

MTdebster921
03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
At my center, right by the scale they have a sign that says fiber powders should be counted as a starch but the pills are freebies.