Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #1  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Cool Can we just fast-forward through this week?

I have an exam on Wednesday, a huge assignment due Friday and another one due Saturday.

I haven't started any of them.

I have taken procrastination to a whole new level!!!

I spent 2 and a half hours at the gym today... weights, cardio, stretching, playing squash. Exercise has become my new method of avoiding homework... who'd have thought...

I hope all you students out there are getting more done than me!!

Last edited by futuresurferchick; 03-27-2006 at 11:04 PM.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #2  

Man, I'm with you! I'd like to just fast-forward the entire month of April. Through the dregs of my undergraduate career. Through the completion of my thesis, through my thesis presentation, through two more Italian assignments, through my last seminar essay, through my final three exams.

I wish.

At least exercise is a good way of procrastinating, it helps reduce stress and keeps you sane throughout the trials of school! I, on the other hand, procrastinate with Desperate Housewives downloading, online apartment shopping, and eating Tostitos. Tomorrow: back to the gym!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

When I was a student (in high school and college), I woke up 2 or 3 hours earlier the DAY the assignment was due and did it then, I can't tell you how many times I did that. Usually my paper was still warm from the printer when I turned it in. I worked best under pressure. I thought I couldn't get away with it when I started college, but a paper I finished literally a minute before class was praised (and read) by the professor in front of the class. I was shocked. That's how I discovered I was a pretty darn decent writer and I do very well under pressure. You don't have enough time to over-think it. I think it's healthy. If I go to grad school, I'm continuing this habit. I graduated magna cum laude using this method, so why give it up?
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Nope not getting more done at all. In fact I had a paper due Thursday and made up a fabulous excuse for not going to class and the prof told me just to bring the paper next time, and I STILL haven't done it. I don't know what's wrong with me. I wish that I could just concentrate on getting in shape and not have to work or go to school, that'd be great!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #5  

Procrastinating to that degree only works rarely for me -- but never 3 hours before a class! I can't get an essay done in 3 hours, for one thing, since that's pretty much the extent of my assignments (English student). I work under pressure when I sit down at 11pm to write an essay until 7am and then go hand it in... My highest essay mark ever was on an essay written like this. However, I've also had this method backfire, so I don't rely on it. It's more worth it to me to work things out little by little, when I have the patience and will to do it!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I absolutely know and hate that feeling when everything is due! Thats how it was for me about a week ago, and how it'll be in about two more days. Sometimes the work seems never ending!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:41 AM   #7  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

I had a five page paper due yesterday (that was written the night before), have a 10 page draft due today (that is currently 5 pages) and a Stats midterm in less than 3 hours that I have yet to study for.

And the swing dance event I've been planning for the last 5 months is happening this weekend, so I was really hoping to get ahead this week
swingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:06 AM   #8  
back in the game

Default I survived (but ate A LOT of junk!)

Well... I survived the week! I wrote my 15 page paper on Thursday night in like 18 hours... then I slept, then I wrote another paper!

In the last 4 days I've eaten cookies, chicken fingers, fries, fried potatoes, white rice, fatty chicken, pasta with sauce, and beer to celebrate finishing it all [the work, that is--not the food ]!

I've climbed back on the bandwagon today--although I did eat some cookies my roommate gave me. I did resist making it worse this evening though, when the temptation struck me to eat for no reason. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I'm gonna eat healthy!

I hope everyone else survived too!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:29 AM   #9  
Going steady

S/C/G: 181/139/127

Height: 5' 8

I had a presentation yesterday, and I was sooo stressed I couldn't eat. This morning I checked and I lost 1 kilos !
The bad thing is, I have a paper due thursday, and I'm going to regain it all!
DoonieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #10  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

LOL - are any of you my student!?! When I saw the title of this thread I was drawn in before I noticed it was the 20 something page. I am 50 something and a professor. This week, I have to attend two 3 hour interviews for a new professor, present awards at a student awards banquet, attend 2 days of Freshman reviews, hang a new show in the gallery, attend a faculty senate meeting, apply for a grant, teach 6 classes, hmmmm, I know I am forgetting something. Well grade some stuff. And all I want to do is get my workouts in and have time to cook something decent. This time of the year is INSANE for everyone involved in school.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #11  
back in the game

Hi Ledom, welcome! It's nice to know the professors are struggling too! Just kidding... I hope we can all make it through this crazy month.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #12  

I've noticed it's a lot harder to actually see professors outside of class time this time of year.... they teach their lessons and scurry away to lock themselves in their offices! Don't know why, when we students are just SO easy to deal with....