Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/247/160-170

Height: 5'7

Question Anyone on Pilates and does it work???

Hello I was just wondering what everyone thought about PILATES?? I am planning on doing it with my WW and was just looking to see if other people are on it and what they think!!

Thanks a Bunch
MrsKeltsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #2  

I have been doing pilates style exercises for 12 months, and have just started proper pilates classes. I love it. It won't burn fat, but it helps with core strength and stability, balance and co ordination.

I use it together with cardio, strength training, yoga and swimming (gosh it sounds like I am scarily into exercise written down like that!)
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #3  
I WILL get in a bikini!

S/C/G: 125

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I have been doing pilaties every morning for the best 3 months and have noticed a big difference in my flexability, balance, and it has decreased my stress levels significantly! I'm a over-time college student so this has been a life saver for me! I use pilaties with cardio, strength training, stretchig, and yoga every morning. I'm also on WW and all these things put together has changed my body so much! I went from a size 11 to a size 2! And My body has gotten so toned it is unreal to me! Just remember that it takes alot of work and more than anything, patience.
Tiffy_Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #4  

Lindsay--I've only tried Pilates once, but I'm sure it will help you reach your goals. It's a lot harder than it looks!

Tiffy--How long did it take you to where you are now? I am always interested to hear from people who have reached or surpassed their goal.
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #5  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Like others have said here, I also use Pilates in combination with cardio & strength training. I LOVE it. I really like the Winsor Pilates method. Especially the Bun & Thigh Scultping dvd. Since adding Pilates into my routine I have been losing inches faster than when I wasn't doing it. Try it!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #6  
1 day at a time

S/C/G: HW300/283/241/160

Well I love pilates it took me awhile to get used to it but, now I find myself doing the advance pilates. I do pilate abs, pilate cardio, pilates ballet. I find my body starting to tone up and thats a good thing lol. I lost 12 inches in just my belly well my pic should says it all lol. I think you will like it if you haven't yet give it a try. I have my mom doing it now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lesaall.jpg (32.9 KB, 59 views)
Lesa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #7  

Lesa25,
I just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss! You are doing great! Your before and after pictures are wonderful.
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #8  
1 day at a time

S/C/G: HW300/283/241/160

Thanks Rose so much
Lesa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I've been doing pilates regularly since November and i love it. I've lost so many inches all over my body. It can be tough at the beginning if you have a belly. There are still moves I can't do in the advanced but I plug away and one day I'll get it but it's has helped me strengthen my abs/core after having two c-sections and I can do a roll up now.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #10  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I wouldnt say that pilates doesnt burn fat.

It certainly does burn fat, it conditions the muscle and the muscle in turn burns fat also, when your are toning all you are really doing is burning the layers of fat over top of the muscle.

I am a huge advocate of pilates, it will "tone" and sculpt your body in a very feminine way.

Confessor- I think pilates is a great way to tighten that extra skin left by a csection, Im just hoping I can get mine to tighten back all the way lol.. keep dreaming right?
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/141/125

I second the "Pilates Doesn't Burn Fat", it is not aerobic enough to burn a lot of calories but it is great for your muscles and giving you that extra tone to get that "dancer's body" long and lean. You will want to do it as well as cardio and weights. I have been doing pilates on and off for a while but always come back to the moves for my ab workouts because nothing else builds my core up. It's also great if you have any back problems because you will be more focused on strengthening that core area and having better posture. Plus I immediately feel taller after stretching out my spine in a pilates session. Try it out and you will really enjoy it!
KriWes is offline   Reply With Quote