Old 03-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat...3/27-4/2

Morning everyone. Well, I drank WAYYYY too many soda's this weekend and not enough water. Yup, scale is up and I know it's my fault. Told DH I had to start exercising to see if that'll prompt weight loss. He asked what I was doing different this time than last. Well, soda is a big part and not as much exercise as before is the other. So I've got to get my lazy butt moving. Going to try and work it in today, but probably won't have time tomorrow. But the rest of the week should bea ble to
Youngest DD is home "sick". She has a sore throat and a slight temp. Enough that she can't go to school. So she's in our bed w/the electric blanket on trying to get some sleep. She doesn't ACT sick...but decided to make her stay home.
Goal for the day: Exercise and water (not looking forward to the headache I'm going to get from no caffeine).
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ I hope your dd is feeling better soon!! I love those electric blankets when Im sick! Do you have any green tea still laying around the house? It has caffeine, you might be able to replace the soda with that?

I have my plan all worked out. I'm starting today, and I'll check my weight on wednesday, just to make sure Im loosing. I hate changing things up only to find after a week, it didnt work!!

Dh and I had a wonderful weekend, we did get to the Dinosaur BBQ yesterday, and filled up our bellies I have to remember to wear stretchy pants next time. Its a long ride home in jeans that are tight

Im cleaning out the basement today....dh and I have decided to expand the business, or rather change gears. I dont want to do big sign installations anymore, so that means I have to hone my artistic talents (buried deep) and we need to make room for more equipment. We are both going to be taking air brush classes in the next couple weeks, and Ive got my pencils sharpened to set myself to practise my drawing. Ultimately what we want to do, is build the business in a way that when it comes time, we can pack it up and move out of buffalo and have it not effect the business any more than 30%.

So...many changes in the wind, the stress level has evened off a bit...and Im in a good place

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #3  
TemporaryFatChick

Robin, sounds like things are going well for you and DH - yeah!

I hope DD is feeling better soon Brenda. Ya know, sometimes you just need a day to rest up under the blanket in the big bed

THings are crazy busy but OK in my corner of the world. Spring is always busy with craft shows and my garden. I'm excited to know I'm going to hit the 50 pound mark this week - who'da thunk?
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #4  

Morning Ladies:

Brenda -- Just like Robin said, replace it with tea. My favorite hot tea is Lady Grey or regular iced tea with lemon. It's low enough in caffine to not affect much, but enough to help with the caffine withdrawls. Since I knew that stall wasn't caused by soda, I bought some of the coke zero, and have to work hard not to have more than 1 of the little 12oz bottles. I enjoyed it yesterday with vanilla rum, so I have to really make sure I don't over do it. If I do, you and I will be in the same boat! My other vice is Crystal Light. Might be my demise.. Good luck getting moving!

Robin -- Your work sounds so interesting. Do you have a webiste with any of your work? I'd love to see what you do. Air brushing always sounded fun, but hard. When I was a kid (late 70's & early 80's) airbrushed t's were a big thing. Rember them? They would say so-and-so forever.. etc. It looked hard to create, and sometimes in the mall you could watch the artist in the middle of creating one. I'm an art major, but don't produce a lot, and haven't in years. I do love my computer graphics tablet, and PSP 9! They get a good workout, otherwise the pencils and paints are seriously dusty. *sigh*

Well TOM snuck in this morning and I wasn't expecting it. I hadn't kept track this month, so it threw me off gaurd. Oh well.. was still at 184 this morning, and I only expect it to go up this week, so i'll stay off the scale. I knew my chocolate craving was a little much last night, but still was blind sided. LOL Anyhow, DH weighed in this morning (remember I started 2 weeks before him) and he's down 30 pounds. I just wanted to choke him. I'm proud and happy for him, but deeply envious of how friggin' easy it is for them. I know it's not his fault, but after popping out 2 huge 9 pound babies, and changing my body forever, to see how easy it comes for him SUCKS! 30 is still wonderful, and he has 70 more to go. Since I've got about 40, it would be nice to at least reach goal before him, but at this rate, I don't see that happening. LOL
He asked me last night if I was going to get back to the gym, and I said I sure hope so, but i'm busy today. I asked if he was ever going to make it (since he hasn't yet) and he said yeah.. so we'll see. With TOM I don't know how i'm going to feel about going.. i'll force myself though.

Well, Chelsea has a show for the Red Hat Ladies Society today, so i'm gonna read the other posts, and get off this machine. Since March is almost over, we'll get to breath soon..

Have a good day ladies...
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

ooOOoooOoooooo coke zero and vanilla rum

Tenn~ Wow!! Thats great!! You've worked hard, and you've earned it girly!! Great job!

Falon~ its in my profile.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #6  
Going to ONEderland

Morning girls, it is back to plan for me. I think I've recovered some of my enthusiasm. I enjoyed the weekend off, but not the resulting rise in the scale! No problem, Water weight usually comes off pretty quickly if you stick to plan. I got some of those cravings out of my system, realized that some of the foods I was missing weren't all that wonderful anyway, and remembered how rotten I feel on too many carbs.

I'm re-reading my body clutter book, planning to get back on my exercise bike and maybe even get down to the basement for a real workout with my weights today. Got the ketostix and plan to be in ketosis by Wednesday. So I'm ready to go again. Reenergized and renewed.

Getting the kids off to school this morning was annoying. I need to do something about them. They both have alarm clocks but don't set them properly and so don't get up until I wake them. My son doesn't get up even then. We'll be ready to walk out the door and he'll still be in bed. My daughter hates being late for school, she doesn't like getting in trouble, but I'm always up an hour or more before it is time to take them to school. They just can't seem to make it on time even then. I wish there was something I could do to my son's bed to make it automatically eject him at a certain time every morning.

I guess I'll have to make them go to bed at 9 from now on, and get up at 6. They'll hate that, but I don't know what else to do. It is just getting too ridiculous.

Anyway I'm going to try and start this week right. With a happy disposition and hope for the week. Definitely anxious to get back on plan and start losing this weight again.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #7  
TemporaryFatChick

Sherry, you can do what my sister does with her kids, they have to go to bed 15 minutes early every time they don't get up, and it's cumulative. So, if they don't get up Monday, they go to bed 15 minutes early the rest of the week. If they don't get up Tuesday, they go to be 30 minutes early for the rest of the week. She tells them that if they can't get up they aren't getting enough sleep and she's going to move by 15 minutes increments until they figure out just what time they need to go to bed so they can get up on time. WHen they fuss that they don't need to go to bed earlier, you can tell them that starting next week they go back to regular bedtime, but till then, you're going to try earlier and see. You have to be consistant, but it worked pretty well for her.

good luck!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #8  
Susan hockeyfan7

Hi everyone! It was actually nice to get back to work today where I'm not worrying about fetch me this, bring me that, my ice pack needs to be changed, etc. I love my husband, but men who are sick are sometimes too much!

Robin, your business sounds like fun. The only thing I know about air brushing is when I get my nails done.

Brenda, are you sure soda is the issue? I drink the stuff with Nutrasweet all the time -- always did -- and still lost the weight and turned the pee sticks color.

I blew it yesterday. I had potato chips, popcorn, tortilla chips, chocolate chips and jelly beans -- see a pattern here? Today it's back to square one. I'm munching dry salami and cheese right now. I love cheese - I must have been a mouse in a former life.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #9  

Sherry - I know how you feel about getting the kids up and ready to go....it stinks when they don't cooperate! I like the idea of putting them to bed early for every night they don't get up.

Robin - your business does sound very interesting. good luck with the basement and cleaning.

Good day here. TOM arrived last night so I'm up a pound, but I'm sure it will be gone by the end of the week..or it BETTER be gone by the end of the week. Been eating on plan. Also been working on reservations for vacation...VERY EXCITED about that. My kids are very excited too. I have to buy...a digital camera, a new bike for my daughter, and 2 more big coolers, but then I'll be about ready. thank goodness I have 3 1/2 months to get it all done.

talk to ya'll later.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #10  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies! Well I had a really good day today. I stayed on track and went to the gym and sweat my booty off. I will weigh in on Saturday. I am so excited. I know that I have lost.

Ok my mom use to come into my room and turn all the lights on, rip the covers off my bed and throw them in the hall and that surely got me out of bed. Her cure was early bed times. It works. I hated it, but it worked.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I woke bloated on sunday and todeay I weighed up 4 lbs I am NOT changing my ticker. I think TOM is near but it is too early but that is the way I feel but then craved salty stuff yesterday (Ham and today hotdogs) so some of the 4 is all my fault. so I am drinking drinking drinking.

Not much time for personals but HI to all and does sound like most ofyou ar doing great or have great momentu ready to fire. I am here bearly and holding (this week ) and excpect to be back to full form by the end of the week!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #12  

Hi everyone, I'm on day 3 and have been doing good so far keeping my carbs around 16-18 . The scale has already moved down . I can feel the change as I'm must be starting to get in to ketosis .
Ok , alittle about my self ............I'm a single mother (33yrs old ) of 5 girls(16,15,13,12 and 9) They are pretty good about getting up for school, but they know if they stay home they have to clean the house and I get the day off from it if their not sick .
I started counting cals on Jan 2 2006 and have lost 40lbs ( 2lbs of that is from the last 2days , but my scale only moves every 2lbs so who knows) .
I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping me with all my ?'s I had before I started and I know I'll have more along the way.
Have a great days girls !!!
plb@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

plb@m~ thats lotsa girls ....all I could think about was dealing with the pms that must go on in that house Good luck on your weight loss journey

Sue~ I just noticed your ticker is 30lbs lighter!!! WTG!!

Im doing good, my first day is in, and Im down 3 lbs already. I'll keep a close watch on things this week....I hate starting a new plan, and have nothing move at all all week But so far so good.

Yesterday was a very busy day, I didnt get as much done as I was planning, so today Im back in the basement getting that mess cleanned up. Anyone else have spooks in their basement?? I hate that "being watched" feeling!! I have to get dh to install some more shop lights down there. Its one of those old damp basements, my house was built in the 1920's...so that gives you an idea as to what my basement is like "yucky"

Anyway, all is well in my corner of the world......have a great day ladies!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #14  

Morning Girls:

Hey Sherry: my father was such an *** getting me up for school. He had 2 methods -- The first was he'd put his foot on the end of my bed, and bounce it up and down really hard while doing "Revelrie" (sp?) at the top of his lungs. Of course the blankets had already been ripped off. The second was, ice cold water... After so long of this going on, I started get out of bed before the alarm went off! LOL

Sue: Congrats on the #30!! Kicking butt woman!

Jackie: I'm so excited for you and your trip. I can't wait till you get back, and tell us all about it. Hope you reach your goal in time!

Brenda - Hope the kiddos better this morning.

Robin - Good news on the re-intro scale move. I got mine back down but then TOM came, so I won't know until afterwards. Blah! Keep up the good work lady... Oh and nice work on your lettering business. I loved the embossed work on the pickup truck.

Susan: Glad your back! Sounds like you really appreciate hubby's housework even more now than he's out of commission.

PLB@M: Sounds like your doing great despite having your hands totally full! My oldest will be 13 in June, and that's plenty in the teenage years for me. I bow to you lady for caring for several teen girls at once!

Not much here -- just up early due to cramps *sigh* but I don't mind. I'm going to work on yoga with Chelsea to help get her more limber. Her high kicks aren't high enough and it's because she doesn't stretch as well as she should. We're also going to work on early American history for the next several weeks to prepare for our trip. I want them to know the significance of what they are looking at in the museums. So, lots of research today.

Have a good one ladies!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #15  

HOLY COW plb....that many teenage girls...eeeks....I don't know if I could do that or not. One is enough for me at times. to you.

Robin...I know EXACTLY what you mean about basements like that. They creep me out and I always have to have ALL the lights on. Good luck with your cleaning today.

Hey everyone else....how's it goin?

Good here. Just headed to bed. I'll check in later. Have a great low carb day!
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote