Carb Counters - Weekly Chat...3/27-4/2

View Full Version : Weekly Chat...3/27-4/2

lady_adnerb
03-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Morning everyone. Well, I drank WAYYYY too many soda's this weekend and not enough water. Yup, scale is up and I know it's my fault. Told DH I had to start exercising to see if that'll prompt weight loss. He asked what I was doing different this time than last. Well, soda is a big part and not as much exercise as before is the other. So I've got to get my lazy butt moving. Going to try and work it in today, but probably won't have time tomorrow. But the rest of the week should bea ble to :)
Youngest DD is home "sick". She has a sore throat and a slight temp. Enough that she can't go to school. So she's in our bed w/the electric blanket on trying to get some sleep. She doesn't ACT sick...but decided to make her stay home. :lol:
Goal for the day: Exercise and water (not looking forward to the headache I'm going to get from no caffeine).

RobinW
03-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

Brenda~ I hope your dd is feeling better soon!! I love those electric blankets when Im sick! Do you have any green tea still laying around the house? It has caffeine, you might be able to replace the soda with that?

I have my plan all worked out. I'm starting today, and I'll check my weight on wednesday, just to make sure Im loosing. I hate changing things up only to find after a week, it didnt work!!

Dh and I had a wonderful weekend, we did get to the Dinosaur BBQ yesterday, and filled up our bellies :D I have to remember to wear stretchy pants next time. Its a long ride home in jeans that are tight :lol:

Im cleaning out the basement today....dh and I have decided to expand the business, or rather change gears. I dont want to do big sign installations anymore, so that means I have to hone my artistic talents (buried deep) and we need to make room for more equipment. We are both going to be taking air brush classes in the next couple weeks, and Ive got my pencils sharpened to set myself to practise my drawing. Ultimately what we want to do, is build the business in a way that when it comes time, we can pack it up and move out of buffalo and have it not effect the business any more than 30%.

So...many changes in the wind, the stress level has evened off a bit...and Im in a good place :)

Have a great day ladies.

Tennessee
03-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Robin, sounds like things are going well for you and DH - yeah!

I hope DD is feeling better soon Brenda. Ya know, sometimes you just need a day to rest up under the blanket in the big bed :)

THings are crazy busy but OK in my corner of the world. Spring is always busy with craft shows and my garden. I'm excited to know I'm going to hit the 50 pound mark this week - who'da thunk?

Falon
03-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Morning Ladies:

Brenda -- Just like Robin said, replace it with tea. My favorite hot tea is Lady Grey or regular iced tea with lemon. It's low enough in caffine to not affect much, but enough to help with the caffine withdrawls. Since I knew that stall wasn't caused by soda, I bought some of the coke zero, and have to work hard not to have more than 1 of the little 12oz bottles. I enjoyed it yesterday with vanilla rum, so I have to really make sure I don't over do it. If I do, you and I will be in the same boat! My other vice is Crystal Light. Might be my demise.. Good luck getting moving!

Robin -- Your work sounds so interesting. Do you have a webiste with any of your work? I'd love to see what you do. Air brushing always sounded fun, but hard. When I was a kid (late 70's & early 80's) airbrushed t's were a big thing. Rember them? They would say so-and-so forever.. etc. It looked hard to create, and sometimes in the mall you could watch the artist in the middle of creating one. :) I'm an art major, but don't produce a lot, and haven't in years. I do love my computer graphics tablet, and PSP 9! They get a good workout, otherwise the pencils and paints are seriously dusty. *sigh*

Well TOM snuck in this morning and I wasn't expecting it. I hadn't kept track this month, so it threw me off gaurd. Oh well.. was still at 184 this morning, and I only expect it to go up this week, so i'll stay off the scale. I knew my chocolate craving was a little much last night, but still was blind sided. LOL Anyhow, DH weighed in this morning (remember I started 2 weeks before him) and he's down 30 pounds. I just wanted to choke him. I'm proud and happy for him, but deeply envious of how friggin' easy it is for them. I know it's not his fault, but after popping out 2 huge 9 pound babies, and changing my body forever, to see how easy it comes for him SUCKS! :mad: 30 is still wonderful, and he has 70 more to go. Since I've got about 40, it would be nice to at least reach goal before him, but at this rate, I don't see that happening. LOL
He asked me last night if I was going to get back to the gym, and I said I sure hope so, but i'm busy today. I asked if he was ever going to make it (since he hasn't yet) and he said yeah.. so we'll see. With TOM I don't know how i'm going to feel about going.. i'll force myself though.

Well, Chelsea has a show for the Red Hat Ladies Society today, so i'm gonna read the other posts, and get off this machine. Since March is almost over, we'll get to breath soon.. :dizzy:

Have a good day ladies... :hug:

RobinW
03-27-2006, 11:11 AM
ooOOoooOoooooo coke zero and vanilla rum :T

Tenn~ Wow!! Thats great!! You've worked hard, and you've earned it girly!! Great job!

Falon~ its in my profile. :)

SherryA
03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Morning girls, it is back to plan for me. I think I've recovered some of my enthusiasm. I enjoyed the weekend off, but not the resulting rise in the scale! No problem, Water weight usually comes off pretty quickly if you stick to plan. I got some of those cravings out of my system, realized that some of the foods I was missing weren't all that wonderful anyway, and remembered how rotten I feel on too many carbs.

I'm re-reading my body clutter book, planning to get back on my exercise bike and maybe even get down to the basement for a real workout with my weights today. Got the ketostix and plan to be in ketosis by Wednesday. So I'm ready to go again. Reenergized and renewed.

Getting the kids off to school this morning was annoying. I need to do something about them. They both have alarm clocks but don't set them properly and so don't get up until I wake them. My son doesn't get up even then. We'll be ready to walk out the door and he'll still be in bed. My daughter hates being late for school, she doesn't like getting in trouble, but I'm always up an hour or more before it is time to take them to school. They just can't seem to make it on time even then. I wish there was something I could do to my son's bed to make it automatically eject him at a certain time every morning.

I guess I'll have to make them go to bed at 9 from now on, and get up at 6. They'll hate that, but I don't know what else to do. It is just getting too ridiculous.

Anyway I'm going to try and start this week right. With a happy disposition and hope for the week. Definitely anxious to get back on plan and start losing this weight again.

Tennessee
03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Sherry, you can do what my sister does with her kids, they have to go to bed 15 minutes early every time they don't get up, and it's cumulative. So, if they don't get up Monday, they go to bed 15 minutes early the rest of the week. If they don't get up Tuesday, they go to be 30 minutes early for the rest of the week. She tells them that if they can't get up they aren't getting enough sleep and she's going to move by 15 minutes increments until they figure out just what time they need to go to bed so they can get up on time. WHen they fuss that they don't need to go to bed earlier, you can tell them that starting next week they go back to regular bedtime, but till then, you're going to try earlier and see. You have to be consistant, but it worked pretty well for her.

good luck!

hockeyfan7
03-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone! It was actually nice to get back to work today where I'm not worrying about fetch me this, bring me that, my ice pack needs to be changed, etc. I love my husband, but men who are sick are sometimes too much!

Robin, your business sounds like fun. The only thing I know about air brushing is when I get my nails done.

Brenda, are you sure soda is the issue? I drink the stuff with Nutrasweet all the time -- always did -- and still lost the weight and turned the pee sticks color.

I blew it yesterday. I had potato chips, popcorn, tortilla chips, chocolate chips and jelly beans -- see a pattern here? Today it's back to square one. I'm munching dry salami and cheese right now. I love cheese - I must have been a mouse in a former life.

M&Gmom
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Sherry - I know how you feel about getting the kids up and ready to go....it stinks when they don't cooperate! I like the idea of putting them to bed early for every night they don't get up.

Robin - your business does sound very interesting. good luck with the basement and cleaning.

Good day here. TOM arrived last night so I'm up a pound, but I'm sure it will be gone by the end of the week..or it BETTER be gone by the end of the week. Been eating on plan. Also been working on reservations for vacation...VERY EXCITED about that. My kids are very excited too. I have to buy...a digital camera, a new bike for my daughter, and 2 more big coolers, but then I'll be about ready. thank goodness I have 3 1/2 months to get it all done.

:wave: talk to ya'll later.

ilovemike4alwayz
03-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi ladies! Well I had a really good day today. I stayed on track and went to the gym and sweat my booty off. I will weigh in on Saturday. I am so excited. I know that I have lost.

Ok my mom use to come into my room and turn all the lights on, rip the covers off my bed and throw them in the hall and that surely got me out of bed. Her cure was early bed times. It works. I hated it, but it worked.

nasus40
03-27-2006, 08:16 PM
I woke bloated on sunday and todeay I weighed up 4 lbs I am NOT changing my ticker. I think TOM is near but it is too early but that is the way I feel but then craved salty stuff yesterday (Ham and today hotdogs) so some of the 4 is all my fault. so I am drinking drinking drinking.

Not much time for personals but HI to all and does sound like most ofyou ar doing great or have great momentu ready to fire. I am here bearly and holding (this week ) and excpect to be back to full form by the end of the week!!

plb@m
03-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi everyone, I'm on day 3 and have been doing good so far keeping my carbs around 16-18 . The scale has already moved down:carrot: . I can feel the change as I'm must be starting to get in to ketosis .
Ok , alittle about my self ............I'm a single mother (33yrs old ) of 5 girls(16,15,13,12 and 9) :dizzy: They are pretty good about getting up for school, but they know if they stay home they have to clean the house and I get the day off from it if their not sick .
I started counting cals on Jan 2 2006 and have lost 40lbs ( 2lbs of that is from the last 2days , but my scale only moves every 2lbs so who knows) .
I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping me with all my ?'s I had before I started and I know I'll have more along the way.
Have a great days girls !!!

RobinW
03-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

plb@m~ thats lotsa girls ....all I could think about was dealing with the pms that must go on in that house :dizzy: :lol: Good luck on your weight loss journey :hug:

Sue~ I just noticed your ticker is 30lbs lighter!!! :cb: WTG!! :bravo:

Im doing good, my first day is in, and Im down 3 lbs already. I'll keep a close watch on things this week....I hate starting a new plan, and have nothing move at all all week :( But so far so good.

Yesterday was a very busy day, I didnt get as much done as I was planning, so today Im back in the basement getting that mess cleanned up. Anyone else have spooks in their basement?? I hate that "being watched" feeling!! :crazy: I have to get dh to install some more shop lights down there. Its one of those old damp basements, my house was built in the 1920's...so that gives you an idea as to what my basement is like "yucky" :lol:

Anyway, all is well in my corner of the world......have a great day ladies!

Falon
03-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Morning Girls:

Hey Sherry: my father was such an *** getting me up for school. He had 2 methods -- The first was he'd put his foot on the end of my bed, and bounce it up and down really hard while doing "Revelrie" (sp?) at the top of his lungs. Of course the blankets had already been ripped off. The second was, ice cold water... After so long of this going on, I started get out of bed before the alarm went off! LOL :D

Sue: Congrats on the #30!! Kicking butt woman!

Jackie: I'm so excited for you and your trip. I can't wait till you get back, and tell us all about it. Hope you reach your goal in time!

Brenda - Hope the kiddos better this morning. :)

Robin - Good news on the re-intro scale move. I got mine back down but then TOM came, so I won't know until afterwards. Blah! Keep up the good work lady... Oh and nice work on your lettering business. I loved the embossed work on the pickup truck.

Susan: Glad your back! Sounds like you really appreciate hubby's housework even more now than he's out of commission. :p

PLB@M: Sounds like your doing great despite having your hands totally full! My oldest will be 13 in June, and that's plenty in the teenage years for me. I bow to you lady for caring for several teen girls at once! :D

Not much here -- just up early due to cramps *sigh* but I don't mind. I'm going to work on yoga with Chelsea to help get her more limber. Her high kicks aren't high enough and it's because she doesn't stretch as well as she should. We're also going to work on early American history for the next several weeks to prepare for our trip. I want them to know the significance of what they are looking at in the museums. So, lots of research today.

Have a good one ladies! :hug:

M&Gmom
03-28-2006, 08:50 AM
HOLY COW plb....that many teenage girls...eeeks....I don't know if I could do that or not. One is enough for me at times. :bravo: to you.

Robin...I know EXACTLY what you mean about basements like that. They creep me out and I always have to have ALL the lights on. Good luck with your cleaning today.

Hey :wave: everyone else....how's it goin?

Good here. Just headed to bed. I'll check in later. Have a great low carb day!

bnbsmommy1
03-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Robin: oooooh airbrushing!!! Let me know when you start doing business, there are tons of things I'd love to have airbrushed, even my phone!! BTW I've never heard of a dinosaur bbq, you must explain!!

Brenda: good luck with the caffeine withdraw, I think the Robins tea idea sounds great!

Tenn: Do you like craft shows?? I've only been a vendor at one and I spent
more money on everyone elses' goodies than I made :)

Falon: sorry that TOM is visiting, maybe when it leaves you'll have lost a little more. You are doing wonderful!!

Sherry: good luck girlie, way to jump on the wagon :)

Susan: grab my hand and hop back on the wagon girl!! Write down somewhere how crappy you felt after you ate it all, that helps me sometimes

Jackie: you're so lucky that you're doing something fun for vacation, and what a good incentive to lose weight! I bet when you jump back on the scale after TOM you'll weigh even less than before TOM :)

ilovemike: I'm sorry I keep forgetting your name, but AWESOME job! And what a great mom you have to encourage you to go!!

sue: :wave:

plb: you must have NERVES OF STEEL!! Welcome aboard!!

Well, I went to a plastic surgeons office yesterday. I went with a friend who had constructive surgery after breast cancer. Anyway, I couldn't get in for a consult on such short notice, but I did get to look at the before/after tummy tuck pictures and they were amazing!! I also got a lot of literature and made an appt. for a consult so that's an incentive to lose these last 23 lbs!!!

What kinda scared me was the office, it was elaborate and huge, a mondo fresh flower bouquet on the center table, little cookies in little pretty wrappers sitting out with fresh iced tea in a gorgeous pitcher that I'd be afraid to even touch and a whole bunch of other flashy things. So that kind of scared me...kind of afraid to see what the cost is LOL but it will be fun to go

got 5 miles in this morning and have tons to do!

Squeeze every bit of goodness out of today (you deserve it!) and see how many people you can get to smile today (I dare ya!) :)

(can you tell I'm still on my aerobic high? LOL)

Lacey

RobinW
03-28-2006, 10:56 AM
BTW I've never heard of a dinosaur bbq, you must explain!!

Its this evil little place in Rochester NY, that has smoked everything!! I told dh, if they had one of these in buffalo, it would be seriously dangerous!! :T I love it.....its always a special treat when we go, because its about an hours drive away. (good thing too)

I dont think I can post a link, but if you google it, it takes you right to their site....not a very diet friendly place....but nice for a treat

dahliameow
03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Morning Ladies. Sorry I haven't checked in, I've had a bit of the flu. I mentioned before that I couldn't tell whether it was coming off the carbs/sugar or if I was getting it. Well, I got it. I still haven't weighed in yet, it's almost like I am scared to. It's not something I feel a huge desire to do (yet) so I won't push it. Maybe I will wait until I am two weeks into induction... We'll see.

Oh, and about my business I mentioned before that I am trying to start. Everytime I got up this weekend/Monday (which wasn't often...) I tried to work on the website. Ok, php kicks my a$$. I thought it would come easy, since I am pretty good at html. HA! I need a book. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Sorry I can't catch up on the personals right now. This is my first day back to work, and I have lots to do.

Have a great day everyone!

SherryA
03-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone.

Scale was down by two pounds this morning. Good. I needed to see something better than yesterday's weight!

My son got up early today, we all did, but we still were rushing to beat the clock at the last minute. Frustrating situation. I had bought the kids some insulated cups that I wanted to be able to use to send them to school with something hot. Well my son's was missing the lid today. I had it all ready, but no lid, and he didn't know where it was. Finally admitted he probably lost it at school!

So after school I went thermos shopping. The two I finally decided on I am going to have to take back, because they have glass in them and knowing my kids they will get broken. Isn't life with kids fun????

I made my daughter a little jacket last night. It was kind of fun. I bought some pretty blue Asian looking brocade yesterday and some blue satin. I made the jacket reversable, and without using a pattern, I was terrified that I would screw it all up, but it looks pretty good so far. All I have to do left is to hem it, and that is going to involve making sure it is even on all sides first.

It is to go over a beautiful white dress I bought her not long ago. The dress is rather adult looking. Looks lovely on her, but not something I want her wearing without a jacket over it. It is strapless. The jacket will cover that so you wouldn't know. Funny though I thought the brocade side would look good with it, but it looks like the satiny side will be better. So she is excited.

We were up late last night sewing it and trying it on her to make sure it was all right. I got the most terrible pain in my back though, right below my right shoulder blade. I couldn't wait to get to bed so I could rest it. It still hurts today, but not as bad. I've been trying to stretch to get rid of the tightness in it, but it is only helping in a limited way. Must be the weather. We are having storms which get blown away by pretty weather and then the storms come back.

Anyway my first day back on plan went almost well. I did well until I had my daughter make dinner while I was sewing for her. She made orange chicken, and it was breaded (frozen package). I've made it before without breading the meat and with limiting the amount of sugar in the recipe, but this wasn't like that. So I didn't eat very much of it.

hockeyfan7
03-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Robin - the Dinosaur BBQ has no dinosaur on their menu -- bummer!!! That would be a lot of protein!

I have a recipe for elephant stew. It calls for one large elephant, one rabbit, a couple of gallons of water, salt, pepper and garlic. You put the elephant in a very large pot, add water and spices. But throw away the rabbit because no one likes hare in their stew! :lol: :rofl:

By the way, all my jokes are bad!

I feel fat today. I don't know why, but I do. Must have been all the junk food the other day. Or I'm holding water from not having drunk any for 4 days while I was home with DH.

John is doing better today. He can drive starting today. He's now developed a large bruise right below the incision -- it took 4 days to pop up. So I'm putting Arnica gel on him to get rid of it. He actually slept all night without tossing and turning and groaning and waking me up.

We scheduled a vacation for June -- we're going to Ohio to my parents' house with a friend of ours and we are going to Cedar Point. The two guys want to ride roller coasters. I haven't seen my folks for a little over a year, so it will be good. My brother will come up from Kentucky too. I saw him last year when he met us in Maryland. I miss my Mommy!

nasus40
03-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Dinosaur started in Syracuse as a biker hang out and has really progressed to a several restaurant and mobile food cart. (they do the fairs and many big get togethers) they also have thier own line of seasonings you can buy at the store rubs and sauces all really good.

Yes my ticker is down by 30 (though there is some water hanging out this week) I am keeping the ticker the same!! I worked hard for the right to be in virgin territory! :lol:

Sherry you do need to take a picture of the outfit and post it. I think it sounds just beautiful!!!

Susan I know the feeling of missing Mommy (and Daddy) I see mine so rarely and for such short times. I get the phone bill raised every time It gets to be a while since I have seen them!!

dahliameow I hope you are feeling much better. the flue will kick butt!! take it easy for a few days before you jump right in to the diet.

robin my house is from 1875 so you can guess I have nucks and crannies and tons of cob webs spiderwebs and anything else you can think of in my (basement that is)

Well working hard to dump that 4 lbs of water we will see how today pans out, DD1 started to exercise with me so I can not slack!1 UGH what a slave driver!!!

RobinW
03-28-2006, 09:05 PM
let me ask you Sue, since your house probably has the same types of walls as mine.......whats on them? I have paper, and when I peel it, the wall crumbles underneath :( Any ideas?

lady_adnerb
03-29-2006, 07:12 AM
This stinks. The scale is back up the 3 pounds. Lack of water and too many carrots w/ranch dressing (they were calling to me!!) I'm guessing. Dang!!! I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to up my carb intake (when I'm finally LOSING weight and go into OWL) when I can't eat carrots or stuff like that. This happened last time as well. Yes, I jumped into eating more now before I even STARTED to lose weight. Yup, my own fault. I think it's because of when I first started this WOE I dropped all the weight but when I added carbs I GAINED weight so I gave totally up and ate junk (figured if I was going to gain I'd eat something "good"). So now I'm not LOSING it like I want and back to wondering what IS going to happen if I get back down to where I want and start adding carbs. How to prevent the gain again. Suggestions?
Basement is wet (again) and still a problem so I've go to head off to make phone calls on that. Sorry no personals :( :hug: everyone :wave:

M&Gmom
03-29-2006, 08:23 AM
:wave: good morning to you all.

Brenda - I'm so sorry your 3lbs keep haunting you....they WILL go away for good, I know it. Hope you get the basement dry!! Wet basements stink!

Sherry - I would love to see the outfit also. Sewing is such a great talent. and I hope your back pain is gone.

Susan....WAY TO GO on the 30 lbs. I can't wait to get there.

Lacey - I can't wait to hear how your plastic surgeon visit goes. I'll probably never be able to affort it, but I would love the tummy tuck too. And probalby a boob lift. Ohwell....I can dream. Please let us know how the consult goes.

Hey everyone else.....:wave: and have a great day.

RobinW
03-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Just a quick hello this morning :wave:

Brenda~ are you keeping track of everything on fitday? You're weighing yourself everyday again? :nono: Carrots and ranch dressing shouldnt make you gain 3 lbs, even if it is water weight. Sometimes keeping track will help you see something that is doing this. For me, when I come off induction, and into OWL, I have to lower my fats. Otherwise, nothing moves. Its almost as if Im adding more veggies, but giving up the sausage or bacon..kwim?

Jackie~ :wave: have a good sleep!

Falon
03-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Morning Ladies:

Lacey - I want to hear all about the boob lift consult! Ok, at least that part of it.. Tummy tucks scare me, but i'll take a titty lift anyday. I can't seem to get mine to come back from their long vacation in Cancun.. not since my last child was born anyway (9 yrs ago).. *sigh* Are things getting better at home btw? Suuuuureee hope so. :^:

Brenda: Logically you know you didn't eat enough carrots to gain weight. Just hang on, as you've already been doing, and the water will come off. It wasn't ho-ho's for crying out loud! LOL

Susan: Glad DH is better. Bruises are a funny thing. They can show up so long after that you can't even remember what you did to get it in the first place. That gel is awesome! I use it on the kids when they need it..

Nothing to report on here. Just a regular day. Oh, Zane started class with Chelsea yesterday, and loved it! Also her teacher asked me to sign her up for a compitition on the 23rd of April, so we'll be preparing for that. I also have to force Andy to sit down to night and start mapping out our holiday. Dates, etc!

Anyone know of a hotel (resonable in price) that is local to the sites in D.C. so we can be in walking distance of the metro or even of the sites themselves? I know a few of you have been there.. :)

Have a great day ladies! :hug:

M&Gmom
03-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Falon....your vacation sounds like fun!! Isn't it exciting to have something planned? I just love the anticipation and planning...and it is such great incentive.

SherryA
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Morning girls,

Don't you hate the see saw ride the scale takes us on sometimes? I've become convinced that our "normal" weight is about 5 to 7 pounds higher than whatever the scale says. On Atkins we lose so much water weight at the beginning and keep it off as long as we are on plan, that the minute we eat carbs 5 to 7 pounds of water comes back.

I figure that depending on how fat we are, 3 to 7 pounds up on the scale is nothing to worry about. Brenda, your weight is pretty low already. How tall are you? Have you taken fat percentage measurements? It could be (depending on how muscular you are and what size frame) that you are closer to goal than you think. Or it could be that with some serious exercise you could tighten up what you have and reach a goal that looks right without losing any more weight.

It depends on your age and your height of course, but if I was as low as you are in weight, I think that is where I would put my focus. Start lifting some weights, build some serious muscle and even without losing more pounds you will probably firm up to the point where you look like you want to. Sometimes we focus so much on a number that we forget the real goal is to look good. Numbers on scales don't determine that. No one is ever going to see that number but us anyway. The do see what we look like however. And lifting exercises can make you look really good even if your weight isn't that low.

Anyway I thought the scale would be down today and it wasn't. As much water as I've been letting go of I really expected to see a change. I had a muscle cramp last night so got up in the night and took some potassium. I had a weird feeling all day yesterday, I guess it was the transition again from carbs for fuel to ketosis, a headache that kept nagging at me, pain behind my eyes and in my forehead where I usually feel it when I add or remove sugar from my diet. Probably ketosis will be here soon if it isn't already.

My boss increased my hours yesterday. I'm going to be working 6 hours a day instead of 4, and may go to 8 a day when things get more busy. I really value this gradual thing. I do need more money, and all, but I'm not really ready to be full time yet. I like that I can get used to the idea more slowly. Maybe I can get organized enough to handle it when it comes.

Today I plan to be much more tight about diet. I've been good for the last two days, but I think a little flour crept in the first day and then yesterday I used cream of mushroom soup as gravy for our meat. I think it has some (not much, but a bit) of starch in it. So today I'm going to be a little more rigid. I'm sure it wasn't more than 20 grams anyway, but the third day is always easier for me than the first two. Move into ketosis gradually rather than all at once seems to help not have the extremely rotten feeling accompany it.

hockeyfan7
03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Sherry, I'm glad to see you are working through this and coming up with some good insights. Cream of mushroom soup definitely has wheat in it which means carbs. There really aren't any commercial soups that don't. I can pretty much tell you every food out there that has flour in it. :o

Falon, you might find a better price on a hotel if you stay in Maryland. There are tons of Metro stops there that will get you to DC quickly and easily. I would suggest pulling up a Metro stop map on the Internet and looking for hotels around them. I never stay in a hotel -- we have family right there.

Robin, be careful how much paper you pull off those walls - don't want them falling down on you. ;)

After breakfast and lunch, I'm about ready to fall asleep for the afternoon. Thank goodness there's only 2 hours of work left for the day. And I ate mostly protein too. Must be the weather change.

ilovemike4alwayz
03-30-2006, 07:33 AM
Hi guys, I dont have time to read everyones posts right now, but I will catch up on them later. I just wanted to check in and let you guys know that I am seeing major changes in my body and I am so excited. I decided this week to amp up my cardio at the gym and do more of it to see all over fat burning and let me tell you, I worked my fanny off. I will get my weight this saturday morning since TOM is gone now. Hopefully I will have made my goal. I am trying for 6.3 lbs a month. Ok I have to head to work, so I will catch yall later.

-Sandra

Falon
03-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Morning Gals:

Susan: Thanks for the idea! I had yet to think about a metro stop map. I usually go through Priceline.com for hotels. We can get really nice ones for cheap. An example: About 4 years ago we went to Andy's fam reunion in Chicago, and his aunt negotiated a floor for the family at the Raddison for $70 a room. She was so excited that she got that deal out of them.. she was gloating the whole time. I went through Priceline, and got a room at the same exact hotel, 1 floor below, for $39 a night! LOL Oh she was livid. ha ha ha! It was sweet. :D

Sherry: Hope your 3rd day is a breeze. I know for me it's the worse. I agree about the normal weight of 5 -7 pounds. I'm in ketosis, and since TOMs here, the scale isn't going to move, but I hope I have a whoosh when it's over. I think it will be heartbreaking if there isn't. Cramps have prevented me from walking but i'll get back on it after the weekend. I'll be finished by then.

Sandra: Congrats on the changes! I'm guessing the potential chance to be with your honey in Japan has really kicked your butt into gear. LOL Nothing like an insentive.. especially one like that! Good Luck!

Jackie: The trip is my insentive to hit goal by mid July, but with the rate i'm going I don't see it happening, even though I think i'm doing everything right. At least I know i'm still staying OP. I want the Smithsonian to be my reward for the work. No matter what it still will be. It does help to have a focal point, like your camping trip, and Sandra going to Japan. :) Good Luck to all of us!

Nothing here. Just having my coffee with you fine ladies this morning, and hopefully will get some much needed cleaning done and trip research. Hope you all have a great day... :hug:

SherryA
03-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Scale was down another pound (that's 3 since Monday morning) but no ketosis yet. I'm going to have to get more strict I can see. I'm glad I bought the ketostix. At least now I know how much stricter I have to be.

Tennessee
03-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Sherry, great work, WTG! Do you have any other Ketosis symptoms? Dragon breath, metalic taste in your mouth, stinky urine? The sticks won't always register ketosis if you're drinking a lot of water.

M&Gmom
03-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Way to go Sherry!!! :bravo:

Falon....YOU WILL MAKE YOUR GOAL!! Just keep doing everything right!

:wave: to everyone else.

I can't wait for TOM to leave so I can weigh again.

hockeyfan7
03-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Sherry, those sticks never worked for me. I never got above registering small on the stick all through the first 100 lbs loss.

Falon, guess where I'm going next Thursday? The guy who was supposed to go to our office to take care of a furniture issue can't go and I volunteered. I also was able to find a cheap ticket on Southwest for my husband so he can go along. And I don't have to pay for my flight, hotel or rental car. But I will have to spend time with his family. And he's trying to talk me into going with him to a Baltimore Orioles game -- maybe I should tell him he's going to a Washington Capitals hockey game instead :D

ilovemike4alwayz
03-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I AM GOING TO JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have to wait till December, but I am going! I have also been cheat free for 11 days. I have been working my butt off at the gym and I have even up'd my cardio. I am going to lose a nice chunck of weight before I go to japan. I can do this girls I so want to suprise my hubby!!!! I am doing a happy dance!

M&Gmom
03-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Sandra - THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING!!!! :carrot: :carrot: You are gonna look great for your hubby. I'm so happy for you. :D

SherryA
03-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Susan you must have drank lots and lots of water or else you had a bad batch of the ketostix. I've turned them dark purple sometimes. But that level of ketosis makes me feel rotten. I've had bad batches of the stix too, so that they don't seem to change color much at all.

I'm not sure about these yet. They could be a bad batch, or it could be I've been letting too many carbs slip in. I just tried again with them and it was very beige around the edges, a little pink in the middle. I've seen that before and it usually means a bad batch. But I'm not convinced of that yet. I'll see if the rest of them do that after I've been a little more solidly committed for awhile. Once I know it isn't me, I will decide if they are bad or good.

Anyway the scale was down another 2.5 pounds. Still not back to my most recent low (of 241), but 244.5 is better than Monday's 249.

I really need to get this next 3.5 pounds gone so I can start working on some NEW weight loss.... I hate playing catch up!!!

Falon
03-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Evening Ladies:

Jackie -- Thanks. If I don't make the goal, i'll at least work to get close. You, sister, are going to be wearing those shorts on your camping trip!! :D

Sandra -- Congrats! That is great news, and you have a good stretch of time to get in shape to surprise your husband!! You'll make it.. you're doing awesome! :carrot:

Susan -- You suck! *sticking out tongue* Have fun! I hope the weather is good for you, and most importantly, enjoy yourself and the time with your husband. I just can't wait to go... :cool:

Sherry -- :hug: I'm feeling every bit the same.. lady. Every single bit. At least it's going back down. That's the point right?

I just wanted to check in. I am tired and going to bed. See ya'll in the morning. Night Night..

lady_adnerb
03-31-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure I could catch up on personals if I tried. And unfortunately I don't have the time today either. ARGH! Today they're suppsoed to come mark where the electric/gas and other lines are so we can start digging up the pipe that runs out from the house. To see if that's squished. So that's waht I'll be doing today. Plus oldest DD is home with TOM issues and youngest DD is home with allergy problems (at least, I think it's allergies. Sniffling, sneezing, runny nose). So between those 3 things I'll be hopping. Good news: I've been exercising....Better news: The scale went DOWN. Tomorrow is official WI so if it's STILL down I'm taking it because it's stayed on these numbers for the past couple days :lol:
Sorry I've not done personals!!! :hug: I'll try and catch up when our water problems are done!!!

M&Gmom
03-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey Brenda, congrats on the loss and way to go on getting your exercise in. Hope you get your water problems fixed soon. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.

Morning everyone else too. Its my day off...I get to clean out my garage :( but then also get to go to the mall and a couple other places. So maybe it won't be a bad day after I get the garage done. Its :sunny: here so that makes it all a little better anyway.

:wave: to you all. Have a great day. I'm sure I'll be checking in periodically.

hockeyfan7
03-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Brenda - I'm happy to see you are exercising!

Falon - I'll have some crab for you. I want to see the new WWII memorial in the daylight when it's not raining -- when we were there last July, it poured rain the night we decided to hike around the Mall. But being on the lawn of the Capitol for a Capitol Fourth was just fun.

Sherry -- I tried 6 different brands of the sticks including buying them from the Atkins site back when they sold a ton of products and none of them worked. I never drank water so maybe that was the problem. Or it could have been that I didn't give up my diet Coke. But I lost the weight which was all I cared about.

Sandra, that's so exciting! Japan sounds like a wonderful place to be. Our church has a couple of missionaries over there working with the military in Okinawa and they were back in Denver last week to update us on how their work is going.

M&G Mom - I'm sorry, but I can't remember your name. Would you like to come help me clean when you are done? DH still can't do anything major with his stitches although he did say he was going to clean the house today. We'll see. He said he was going to put the laundry away in the drawers yesterday and it's still in the basket.

We want to go see Ice Age 2 tonight -- I love the squirrel and the sloth!

lady_adnerb
03-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Jackie: Sounds like you've got a busy day planned yourself! Have fun shopping and I don't envy the cleaning out the garage!

Susan: My kids tell me we have the 1st one but I don't remember ever seeing it. Let me know if you like the 2nd one :) Enjoy

Well, a hole is dug and then I stopped. DH called and when he asked where I was digging and I told him he said I was in the wrong spot. Yah, like I'm gonna continue to dig when I'm not even sure WHERE I'm supposed to dig? That's where he TOLD me to start :lol: Hey.....how many "miles" is 1 hours worth of digging a hole (hmm....now that I think about it, it's about the size of a person. Anyone need a hole?) :lol:

RobinW
03-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Sandra!! Im soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! That is so exciting!! I wish I could be there to see the look on your dh's face when he sees is hot sexy wife!!

Brenda!! Dont be giving them any ideas!! :sssh: :lol3:

Nothing new around here, just busy, but keeping ontrack!

:wave: everyone

lady_adnerb
03-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Robin: WTG on keeping on track! And what ideas would those be?:bubbles:

Well, the guy never showed up with his tractor to finish digging out trench. So looks like I'll be out there again tomorrow digging some more. Exercise!!!:carrot: We decided if he doesn't show up we're going to call someone else. Sure they might be more expensive but probably (would hope) more reliable! We NEED this done NOW. Might be getting another tattoo tomorrow. DH is for sure getting one. They're not sure if they'll be able to do mine--depends on the time.
My sis is having a party for my nephew (and Godchild)....he joined the Army :( He leaves on the 5th :( So I've got to figure out how to get there as well.

SherryA
04-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Well this evening the ketostix finally measured. Seems I'm up to moderate ketosis this evening. Odd how that worked this time. From nothing (beige) to a pretty dark color, nearly to the deep dark stages. I honestly feel like sometimes whether the ketostix measure or not depends on how much fat you have been consuming. I had quite a bit of "fat" at lunchtime. A hamburger with cheese and two sausages. I had a bit of homemade tomato soup (that I thought might have been skewing the results) too. That and a carbsense fudgesicle. For dinner steak, with A-1 sauce, sauteed mushrooms cooked in butter, wine and garlic, brocolli, some strawberries with cream, salad with ranch. It was a wonderful feast of a meal. Amazing to think that you can go into ketosis with such wonderful food there. Hope I can also lose some weight with such wonders to eat!

nasus40
04-01-2006, 07:06 AM
robin unless you remove the wall and place wall board up you leave the paper on as some of the paper is there to hold it all in place.

Not much here except lots of work (work to clean and work from work) so Hi to all. I did drop finaly the 4 lbs that I had filled up with last week and now waiting to see if any more came off this week. (goal for 2 lbs a week)

Still have a drainage problem from my main shower so trying to find out why if comes out of a light fixture will be the focus this next week. I do not play with electricity well, last time I did that I set the house (well the electric circut box) on fire and cost about $1600 to fix, what a mess out of electricity for 3 days!! Did you know you can not blow out a fire while you are screaming??? :rofl:

lady_adnerb
04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Sherry: It all sounds WONDERFUL!! Glad you enjoyed your feast and glad the sticks are turning the color you want. Keep up the great work!!!

Sue: OUCH with the electrical! And having shower water come out of a light? Sounds as messed up as my house!! Umm...I imagine it's VERY hard to blow out a fire while screaming (can imagine myself trying it!!)

Well, those 3 bouncy pounds left and took another 2 with it. The scale has registered the same for the past 3 days so I'm gonna take it!! TOM is coming so I'm going to (try) to stay off the scale. :lol: 2 more pounds and I'll actually make my "Easter dress" challenge!! The first challenge I've met in I don't know HOW long!! Well, not counting it "succeeded" until it actually happens. My SIL's wedding is next weekend so that might put a kabosh on it. We'll see. At least I know the scale can still move down :lol:

dahliameow
04-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Ladies. I am so sorry I haven't been keeping up with you all. I feel bad that I joined in, and just kinda slacked off. I had (what I thought was) the flu, and lately I have been so tired and weak. I stepped on the scale yesterday and I have lost a whole 5 lbs. It was funny, because my pants were feeling much tighter, and I was getting kinda frustrated. Well, I have a good excuse...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dahliamarie/IMG_0037.jpg

I just found out this morning. I had been trying off and on for five years, and had many drs tell me it would never happen. I am in total bliss right now. So, needless to say I am not LC'ing to loose any weight right now- for at least another 8 months. I know I wasn't around much, but I enjoyed my time here. I will be checking back to chat, when I can. Good luck with your goals and weightloss. :)

Oh, and everyone I have told has asked, and no it is NOT an April fools joke. Although I still don't believe it myself!

Falon
04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Congrats! What wonderful news.. and blessings to you, your family and new little bean on the way! :)

M&Gmom
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Congrats Dahlia....that is very exciting news.

SherryA
04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Wow congratulations! Make sure you still eat healthy. Nothing wrong with keeping to a moderate low carb during your pregnancy. Do you have that thing that women get that prevents pregnancy? I forget what it is called, PCOS or something? The one that eating low carb helps? If so it might be good to stay close to low carb during the pregnancy. Your body may actually need it.

Either way healthy meats and vegetables low carb style can only be GOOD for the Baby.

SherryA
04-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh and Brenda? Congratulations to you too! Sounds like whatever you are doing is working! Those slow times can drive you nuts, but the whooshes make up for it don't they?

hockeyfan7
04-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Congratulations Dahlia!

We went to see Ice Age 2 last night and it was soooooo funny. I thought it was better than the first one. I spent the whole movie laughing.

I think it's nap time -- I hear my pillow calling me -- and it's dark and gloomy outside.

RobinW
04-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Dahlia!! Wonderful news!! Congratulations!! Dr's told me I wouldnt ever have kids either. I have a beautiful daughter...she loves being told that she was a wonderful surprise. She used to ask if she was planned, and I explained things to her, and she loves being told that she was a wonderful special surprise. :hug: Im so happy for you!