Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 07:16 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - Week of March 27/06

Good morning all. How was the weekend?

I went to the play on Friday nite. Lisa - I erred on the name, it was En Suite. Set in an Irish B&B. Very funny. The lead was fantastic. The role itself was physical as well as very verbal; I don't know how actors do it. Some days I can barely remember my name.

Otherwise, my weekend was quiet. I got more stuff done around the condo; it's looking pretty good even if I do say so myself. Really only one room left - the den. I'm waiting on quotes for built-in computer area, sewing table, book shelf, etc.

Last week wasn't a good one for exercise, but I see by my scale this morning that I'm down another 1.5 lbs. Can't wait to get back into the 140s!

Hi to Melissa, Pam, lala, Austingal.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Well the sun is shining here this morning and the temps are rising! The sun sure makes you feel more energetic.

Susan: I'm happy for you that the scale is showing a loss!! Keep up the great work! It sounds like you're making great progress with getting things situated in the condo--that has to feel really good. I managed to get some household things done this weekend as well and it felt good.

I had a semi-busy weekend. Saturday evening both the boys were gone so the house was pretty quiet. My eating was so-so. Friday evening we decided to go out for dinner and I had some fried fish and homemade pierogies--tasted really good but I have to admit that it kind of sat like a lead weight in my belly because I'm not used to eating that kind of thing. Saturday I made homemade pizza but made one healthy--I used artichokes, kalamata olives, chicken breast, feta cheese, spinach and fresh tomatoes. It was tasty!

On another note TOM arrived a few days early but that could be from the different meds I'm on so we'll see how the scale goes on Wednesday. It's been crazy here in the office my boss' mom passed away on Saturday so I've been trying to get some things taken care of for him and we're getting a lot of orientation phone calls already! It's definitely making the morning fly by!

I'll catch up more later...hi to Lala, Pam, Austingal! Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:34 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, thanks for getting the thread started. The play sounds funny. Yes, sometimes, actors have many lines to memorize. So do it well and others don't. I used to do shows with a man who was just great on stage. He had such stage presence, but he could never remember his lines. Whenever I was with him, I had to know his lines as well as mine so that I could keep the plot going. That will keep you on your toes. I'm glad about your weight loss. Here come the 140's!

DH and I went to two plays this weekend. We saw "Annie Warbucks." It was so-so. We saw "Once Upon a Mattress" and it was terrific. My music group put on a show on Saturday afternoon and it was well-received.

On Sunday I went shopping with a friend and I verified that I have gained too much weight. It's all my fault. I'm still in my comfort zone, but not where I want to be. I did not fit in any slacks I tried on, so it was a further wake-up call. I've been OP three days now. I've got to keep going.

Melissa, glad you have sunshine. The pizza sounds yummy.

Hi lala, Pam, and Austingal.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies,

Lots of sunshine today which is so very nice...temps should get in the mid 50's. I had a nice weekend. Brought DS back to school yesterday, just a few more months until his graduation. This week will be spent (unfortunately) working on tax returns. Still need to file my state return and work on my parents and my aunts. Yuck...why do I wait until the end to do all this.

Susan sounds like your condo is coming along nicely! You are doing such a great job taking off the weight. Are you liking the Bob Greene tapes? You'll be in the 140's before you know it.

Melissa I LOVE homemade perogies. I can't go near them because I just can't stop eating them. My absolute favorites are the cabbage filled drizzled with melted butter. Yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I remember when I was pregnant with my son my mother in law would make them for me. I could easily eat a dozen at once!

Lisa I'm going to the Providence Mall this coming Saturday to do some spring clothes shopping and unfortuantely I think I may have to go up a size in my shorts and capris. The ones from last season feel a little snug. I'm with you in that I'm in my comfort zone but at the very high end. Just a few pounds can really make a difference.

Hi to Lala and everyone else!

Well time to fill up my water bottle. I really need to start pushing the water. How much do you all drink each day? I try for 64 oz but don't always make it.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #5  

Pam, taxes are done, but I haven't paid them yet. : ) Yes, a few pounds really do make a difference. Last week I was eating sweets like they were going out of style, so it's all my own fault. I also try to drink about 64 oz. of water, but don't always make it, usually close though.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 AM   #6  

Good morning. Another beautiful day - a little chilly but it's early yet.

Pam: I am trying to get back into the habit of 64 oz. a day. I have no excuse - there's a water cooler 10 feet from my desk. However, habits are as difficult to form as they are to break Re Bob Greene - his book is okay, just common sense. It has inspired me to incorporate regular stretching and to attempt once again a regular strength training routine.

Lisa: I got a bunch of money back from the tax department this year. Gotta love that.

Melissa: I think perogies are an acquired taste. That, or I've never tasted a really good one. That pizza, on the other hand, sounds like it's right up my alley

My condo closes today - finally. Can stop paying that darn per diem occupancy fee. It was a pleasant surprise to hear the final number from my lawyer yesterday - not as much as I expected. I may have enough left over for a cup of coffee Now to get that bank balance built up again so that my retirement plans stay on track. November 2009 is the target.

Still no interesting home exchange offers. Sent an expression of interest to France yesterday; could be an opportunity to give my ailing French a workout.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #7  

Susan, you must be rollin' in the dough!! LOL I can't remember the last time we got a tax refund. I too have started stretching more; it's important especially as we age. I bought a Swedish ball and am trying to use it more.

Melissa, I forgot to mention that I really like pierogies; I just wish they were lo-cal, lo-fat.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #8  

Hi ladies,

It's just gorgeous here today sunny and warm, ahhh spring has sprung I'll go outside this afternoon for a walk in the park and try and walk again tonight when I get home. Exercise is so much more pleasurable in nice weather.
I finished our state tax return last night and somehow we managed to get a whopping $247 refund. I'll try not to spend it all this weekend while shopping at the Providence Mall.
Yesterday I didn't get my 64 oz of water, I only managed to chug down 40 which is really bad. I seem to be on track with that today.

Susan Congrats to you on the condo closing. It's always nice to have a little unexpect $$. Good to have a firm plan for retirement. My goal is to retire at 59, we'll see, hopefully I can stay on track.

Hi to Lisa, Melissa and Lala.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #9  

Good afternoon ladies! The sun is shining here and it's 48 degrees! Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer and the end of the week is looking really good (68). It's so nice to have the sun shining. I put away my heavy winter sweaters and I started to pull out some of my Spring sweater sets--I'm so ready for different clothes!

Pam: My favorite pierogies are sauerkraut, followed by potato & cheese and farmer's cheese...yum! Like you I could easily eat a dozen with no problem, lol. We ordered some from the Greek Orthodox church and they make them the size of Mrs. T's so they're not huge. Congrats on the state refund! I have to finish up our local taxes and I'm hoping to do that this weekend. I don't really keep track of how much water I drink--honestly I know I get more than the usual 6-8 glasses. I rarely drink anything else other than coffee.

Susan: Not everyone likes pierogies--my DS (21) doesn't care for them but my DS #2 (14) loves them. Personally I don't like raviolis and you would think I would since pierogies are very similar. Anyway, if you had a really good one you might like them

Lisa: I love pierogies but the bad part is that I could eat way too many of them! I made some at Christmas but generally I've been ordering them from the church. The ladies there do an awesome job. I'm working on more strength exercises--I'm finding I feel better doing them and from what I've been reading it really helps with increasing your ability to burn calories. We'll see.

Lala: Where are you???? I hope your travels went well and that things at work are going okay.

Austingal: Hi!!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #10  

It is a beautiful day here--70's and sunny, low humidity. It's a postcard day. Went to Applebees for lunch, so I'm doing pretty good this week staying OP. I really need to lose about 6 pounds.

Melissa, I'm surprised that you don't like ravioli. They're very similar to pierogies.

lala, ditto what Melissa said.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #11  

Good afternoon ladies! It's a cool 48 here but tomorrow is supposed to be nice--high 50's so I'm looking forward to that! My crocuses and mini daffodils are blooming and the regular daffodils are ready to bust open--how I love spring!

I went to my meeting at noon today and we talked about our relationship with the scale and how we feel--it was good and we didn't talk about pounds, etc. It was a good meeting all the way around. I was up 1.4# but I'm not too surprised since TOM is here and I did eat some higher sodium foods the last couple of days. I'll make sure I drink some extra water to get things flushed out. Overall though I feel good about what I'm doing. We have a staff meeting on Saturday and we got an e-mail that we're going to be weighed in. Oh well...it'll make me stay on track!

Lisa: I know ravioli are similar but I'm not a fan of ricotta (don't even like it in lasagne) but I do love Italian foods (gnocchi, cavatelli, etc.).

Hi to Pam, Susan, Lala & Austingal!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:22 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick hello as I run out to another meeting.

Melissa It's 70 and sunny here today Sure is making it hard to stay inside and get any work done.

Hope to be back a little later.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #13  

Pam, ah Spring!!

Everyone, don't forget to turn your clocks ahead before you go to bed on Saturday night.

This weekend, DH and I plan to play golf on Friday and Saturday. We're going to a play on Saturday night, "Not Now Darling." It's a farce and very funny. I auditioned for it, but didn't get selected. On Sunday, I'm singing in the oratorio again. Another church asked our group to sing it at their place. I guess that's enough lined up.

What is everyone else doing?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:58 AM   #14  

Good morning! It's sunny here this morning and 58 degrees--it's supposed to get as high as 69! Later on we're supposed to have some t'storms and a cold front will move in but I'll take the nice weather while it's here!

My weekend is kind of shot--tomorrow morning I take DS #2 to his last week of league bowling at 8:30 a.m. and then from 1-4 I have a WW staff meeting so I really won't have any "fun" on Saturday. Sunday I'll work at WW in the morning and the rest of the day I'll probably play catch up.

DH is heading to Toledo (OH) for rugby play-offs today and won't be back until Sunday afternoon. He's not playing--he saw the doctor yesterday and he's scheduled for arthroscopic surgery on May 12th. He has some floaters and possibly a slight tear in the miniscus (?) In any case, he's not running any races.

My boss called this morning and will not be coming in--it's been really quiet and we've been able to keep up with things so he felt comfortable with that. I'm glad he's taking the time.

My daffodils are blooming in the yard and my lilac bush has lots of buds. I love this time of year!
Closed Thread