South Beach Diet - Monday morning chat

View Full Version : Monday morning chat

RNMOM
03-27-2006, 04:31 AM
Hello all, it's 0-dark-thirty and I'm doing a night shift in the ER, all's quiet on the Western front right now.

Had a pretty good weekend except one meal of eating out. Back on track today. I lost a total of 10.5 pounds doing phase 1 so it was worth it. Now to be disciplined for phase two.

My son gets to come home on leave in a few weeks so the whole family will be here, after he leaves he'll head for Iraq. It's going to be good to have him home for a week.

Horrid storm over the weekend, I'm ready for spring. Will all of you who are planting stuff send some warm weather my way????

Everyone have a great day!

Ruthxxx
03-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Good early morning, RNMOM. No planting going on around here as the ground is still frozen aside from the top two inches. The Girls had bones yesterday and tried to bury them so I know this stuff! Please don't look at my kitchen floor!

I had a good weekend as far as fun was concerned. The dinner theatre went well and yesterday's sugar bush excursion was just great! Little kids are just so enthusiastic! I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Somehow I got convinced to have pancakes with butter and syrup. The things we do to seem part of the group! My ticker is definitely lying this morning but it's too discouraging to change it.

This morning is just gorgeous! :flow2: It sounds and looks like Spring although it's still only 28ºF. We should get into the mid 40's later and I plan to have morning coffee out on the deck this morning.

Token housework is on the schedule for this morning and I have my painting class this afternoon. I've not done a darn thing about painting this week so am feeling a bit guilty about going to class with nothing to show.

What's happening on your stretch of the Beach? Sit and chat a bit. :cofdate:

scrappinRN
03-27-2006, 07:43 AM
I've been MIA all weekend because I worked to 12 hour shifts in a row and was super busy in the NI. But I love my babies. I knew noone would see my postings and I was exhausted by the time I got home( I have and hour commute:rolleyes: ). Anyway, stayed OP -phase 1 , even though our neo Dr. brings in yummy bagels on the weekend- I was strong and didn't have a single crumb. Start phase 2 today and am a little nervous about adding back my whole grain carbs, because this is the stage I failed at last time. I'm just going to try oatmeal at breakfast for a couple of days:eek: , hope it works. Anyway, got to get kids ready for school, TTFN.:hat:

RNMOM- How did you lose 10.5lbs on phase 1-Good for you:bravo: :cb:

Ruth- I know what you mean about no planting, I was thinking yesterday was I did with tulip bulbs, but its to frozen here in our area to. Here's hoping for warm weather.

chipper15173
03-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Moring all,
Everything is good in my part of the beach.
I got a new treadmill and my stove yesterday. Excited about that. Now if I could get my breathing under control it wouldn't be so hard to do it. (asthma).
Any whoooo the scale gave me a nice surprise this morning. It's a little scary sometimes (when it drops so fast), so, having the flu so bad I just don't know if it was worth it. Now to work at keeping it off.
Hope everyone has a great day. For me it's housecleaning, laundry, but, first have to pay some bills.
Cathy

Schatzi
03-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Spring is in the air here in loverly Nerth Caroliner!!! :dance: :flow1: :flow2:

RNMOM: 10.5 pounds how flippin FABUUUU 4 UUUUU!!! :bravo: U Go GIRL :dancer: My "neice" will be coming home this week from Iraq. Her tour is suppose to be up in July/August. I won't get to see her - since home is in Pennsy -

Ruth Your weekend sounds like it was soooo much fun! Sigh, my kitchen floor and living room carpet are full of muddy puppy prints...I usually have them WAIT at the door as I wipe down their feetsies, but only helps soo far...

ScrappinRN: You Havem strong :dust: give yer self a pat on the back fer avoiding those bagels! and yes, add back one carb at a time...

Well all my plans went Kaput yesterday.. No shopping fer flower boxes... I ended up spending the whole day in the kitchen: cook, make a mess, clean up mess, cook,make mess, clean up mess :lol: I made my cheesy spinach stuffed Portabella mushrooms, 3 bean salad, balsamic greenbeans, and stuffed cabbage rolls.. so I'm stocked fer the week! And I'm proud to report that FINALLY my ticker aint lyin!!! Today I'm off to Curves, have some more resumes to get out.. and obligatory cleaning! :wizard:

Have a great OP DAY my Poultry Pals!!! :sunny:

Schatzi
03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Oooh Chipper!!!! Congrats on the Dreadmill and Stove!!!! What kind of stove is it????? lectric/gas/flat top??? I love new appliances !!!! I'm askin DH to drag my dreadmill up from the garage.. I useta love it!!! Now start rackin up those miles chipper :tread:

want_it_bad
03-27-2006, 08:20 AM
:cheer: goodmorning everyone
sorry ladies it's still so cold you should move down south it will be 70 here today and by the end of the week almost 80 so spring is coming not much planned for today but a walk on the treedmill and do some house work ..what fun yay...ive lost almost 3 pounds seens thursday is that good well i gess i need to go cook up some eggs and take a walk i hope every body has a good OP day stay warm and happy:dust: to everyone

beach bum
03-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Good Monday Morning Ladies

Was busy yesterday so I didn't have a chance to post.Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Had company for the third weekend in the row,but the last one was unwelcomed. Its was EATTING VIPER that visited. I just snacked and snacked all weekend long,and this morning my weight is up. Will I ever learn????????????GRRRRRRRRR!!

Well!! today is the day I start fighting this battle of the bludge.Really I have been slacking in exercising and what I put in my mouth. TG my hubby has a schedule to arrive at the center and now I can plan my menus better.

Today the treatments start at 11AM and than for the rest of the week its 10:40 AM except for Wed. when I have to go foa mammogram early in the morning ,so DH appointment is delayed to 1:40 PM. I should fit my planned meals around those times.

Will post later hugs :) BB

Kelly J
03-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Happy morning Chicks! The sun's shining and it looks like it's going to be a nice day on my little stretch of beach right here. I'm going to throw myself a little pity party, so please feel free to ignore this next part :D

I'm sick and I don't feel good. :cry: I have a huge head cold, I'm all stuffy and was up all night coughing up a lung....I just want to go home and veg on the couch but I have to be here at work and even if I went home there would be babies to take care of WAH!

Okay, pity party over with....on with the rest of the day. :dizzy:

RNMom - I don't think I ever said congrats on the new grandbaby! :woo:

Scrappin - :carrot: good for you for resisting the bagels!

Chipper - Yeah! on the new stove and treadmill. Have fun with both of them :D

Schatzi - those mushrooms sound so good. They've been on my "want to make" list for awhile.

Ruth & Want - Have a great day!

soon2Bfab
03-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Morning everyone! I'm busy this morning, so this will be quick. We have inventory today at work & I'm making some food for the team....cupcakes, fruit pizza and taco salad. (Don't worry I plan on wearing a crest whiting strip when making the sweets!)
Have a great Monday!

SunLit
03-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi chickadees....I'm down 3.5 pounds since last week! I actually ate more than I usually do over the past week, especially more fruit. Maybe that helped? Plus, I switched up my workout routines, spending more time strengthening and dividing my cardio time between elliptical, Stairmaster and treadmill (I still hate the Stairmaster).

Tis the season for new appliances, I guess. My parents had to finally get a new furnace after a loooong time with very iffy water-heating capabilities. It's being delivered today. But it was a weekend without heat or hot water, which made me VERY glad to be back to my apartment last night.

I'm gearing up for a dinner out later on this week. My SBD dining guide is not hugely helpful on the subject of the Cheesecake Factory, which is where I'll be going (no nutritional facts are provided, but some meal suggestions are given). Any chicks eaten there in the past and might know what's OP? (Please say the cheesecake :D )

Have a great day, everyone!

MsCrockett
03-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Weighed in Yesterday, I lost 3 more lbs.... wooohooo.

Stll cold here, and snow still on the ground,,

JanaM
03-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Mornin' Ladies. Got a rainstorm last night, so looks like my plan of working in the yard this morning will have to wait for a little bit. Oh well - I've got lots of other stuff to occupy my day. I think we might be done with the hard freezes, so I'm going to plant lettuce in the planter I have on the deck.

RnMom, Want, Sun & MsCrockett - Congrats on the loss!!!!

Scrappin - Way to go on resisting the bagels. They are one of my weaknesses.

Chipper - Glad you finally got the stove. :love: new kitchen toys!

Schatzi - Sorry you didn't get to have your fun yesterday, but at least you got to get most of the cooking for the week out of the way!

Beach - Don't beat yourself up too bad over snacking. With as much stress as you've been under, you've been holding up GREAT!!!!

Sun - I haven't been to Cheesecake Factory for a while, but I think they do have sugar-free cheesecake. Can't speak for how healthy their salads are though.

Ruth & Soon - :wave:

Barb0522
03-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Morning, gals! I did get some exercise in this weekend. Brian and I got another resistance band and some hand weights (a set for me and a lighter pair for him) and we did some exercising between his practicing his presentation. He would rather exercise than practice! And it doesn't help that he has either a bad cold or really bad allergies right now so he's dealing with a bunch of drainage.

I'm very busy at work today and have something planned every night this week. Tonight is our Arrow of Light ceremony where our fifth graders move up to Boy Scouts. I'll be signing boys up for Twilight Camp so I have a lot of stuff to get ready first.

Dinner last night was good. I fixed a Braised Pork Tenderloin along with the Kale and Black bean recipe with rice and asparagus. I've got leftovers for lunch today. Yum! I love that Kale recipe. I think next time I might add a can of Rotel to it along with the diced tomatoes it already has. I think that might improve it even more.

pinkeagle
03-27-2006, 10:23 AM
just catching up on everyone's news and progress--new appliances, cold weather, etc. etc.

Even if we are having a cold spell here in Tampa (40's at night), I planted the front yard bed with begonias--my first gardening for the season:flow1:

Mondays are also my official weight-in--down one lb. Hasn't been the greatest month for me--had visitors from out of town twice and heavy social calendar with lots of lunches and dinners out. So--I ended up gaining and losing the same 2 lbs twice:rollpin: One more week in March so need to keep OP for sure.

Just a suggestion when eating out--at Cheesecake Factory--or somewhere else--look for good salads and order dressing on the side--or look for grilled chicken sandwiches (or even a hamburger) and just eat the meat with no bun--that and a side salad makes a good lunch. Dinner tends to be a little easier. It's surprising how many restaurants will substitute all the carbs for a double order of their veggie of the day--or a small house salad. I eat out a lot and that's how I get thru most meals. Seems like the wine is my biggest downfall. Sorry--no cheesecake!

Take care all!

scrappinRN
03-27-2006, 10:43 AM
What is fruit pizza? It sounds good.

Kiko
03-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Morning gals...

I am home today as the baby's daycare is closed through Wednesday. She will be home with DH tomorrow and then a friend is keeping her on Wednesday. My other daughter wanted to go ahead and go to preschool, which I initially felt guilty about, but then decided a break with only one kiddo would be nice. I am so tired and crabby, I don't kow what the heck my problem is. :(

RN 10.5 pounds!! You go girl- that is fantastic!!!!!! :flow1:

Ruth Glad to hear that your weekend was fun! Kids are amazing- aren't they??

Soon I am nervous for you too. Please be careful!!!!

Barb Sounds like a super busy week for you!! Maybe we will postpone our coffee date until this summer. :)

Good morning to all the other chicks! :flow2:

We had my parents over for dinner last night. Thursday is my mom's birthday, so we did a birthday dinner. It was very fun and relaxing!

Alright- I am going to go curl up on the couch with a book. I don't get to do this often, so am going to enjoy it!!

Weezle- We are waiting on pictures and reports on the wedding!!! :D

Stephanie Osborne
03-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Morning ladies,
Well I am up I am not even going to say how many lbs...officially starting over. Was on a mini vaca and as I usually do used that as an excuse :( Hoping to be an exercise diva from now on and an OP eating goddess. Not much in store for me today. Working as usual and some housework. I will workout tonight, even if it is just Strength Training...Here is to a nice OP day :)

rnmom - congrats, 10 lbs is a huge success...

ruth - You sound like you have been busy. I too went to the theater over the weekend. I was pleasantly surpised to find that if you wait to buy your tickets until about an hour before the show most of the tickets are heavily discounted. Don't feel bad about your painting...I know how much you love it, which means if there had been time to fit it in you would have.

scrappinrn - oh my that is a lot of working... Right on for being such a strong chickie and avoiding those nasty carbs! Just take it one day at a time with ph 2 and I am sure you will be fine. Fruit pizza is just what it sounds like, pizza with fruit and a fruity type sauce on it.

chipper - I love having a treadmill at home. Gives you that no excuses attitude of working out. It is a lot easier to break something up int o smaller parts to and who ever heard of going to the gym 5 times a day...

schatzi - obligatory cleaning...I have some of that to do myself. Have fun at curves and congrats about that truthful ticker, those are the best :) Isn't funny how making your ticker honest can serve as motivation?

lindy - oooh send some of that nice weather my way!

beach bum - hard to stay OP when you have such a busy schedule...wishing you the best of luck hun.

kelley j - I hope you get to feeling better hun. I threw myself a pity party last night, sometimes you just need to vent a little.

soon - thats a pretty good trick wearing a strip while cooking...I will have to try that.

sunlit - congrats on the loss hun! I bet it was the switching of the cardio routines, being challenged and not bored takes it up notch. They have a low carb cheesecake actually...also their salads are huge and delicious. I am sure you will find something that will fit SB, the only problem is almost everything they make their is so delicious it would be hard to get something SB.

MsCrockett - 3 more lbs, I feel like you are vanishing before our very eyes :)

barb - I love having hand weights at home, makes it more convenient to exercise while watching tv or doing ordinary things since weight training is usually broken up into sets anyway.

pinkeagle - good tips on eating out. I always try to order a side salad no matter what then I can eat that before my meal comes out and also be doing something while the others are consuming that 'free bread' that every restaurant seems to force on you now.

SarahinBalance
03-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey you guys,

Had a horrible weekend of eating, but was just a temporary stray off the path. Today marks the first day of the rest of my life and day one of my 5 week program to get as sleek and lean as I possibly can before Hawaii. My ticker is lying because my scale said 152 this morning, but it happens EVERY WEEK where at the beginning it says something like 150ish and then by Wed-Thurs I'm down to the 140s. Anyways, I posted this in my "goal section" but this week I am going to change my binging habits. If I finish a meal and am still "hungry," and see myself starting to munch then I'm going to hop on here, call a friend, write do whatever it takes to process those feelings. Also the weekends are tough because we always go out partying (is the nature of my friends and my BF is a big drinker) and I end up drinking too much. Going to set limits for myself and stick with them and ONLY drink wine (and not too much wine). Also going to write every day in my journal. Anyways, enough rambling...

Stephie - I feel the same way! Let's make today Day 1, take it one day at a time... are you starting over on Phase 1?

Kiko - Hang in there and be nice to yourself. Sorry you're feeling so crabby... we ALL understand what that's like!

Pink - I too have been regaining and losing the same weight! Vicious cycle, let's break it!

Barb - Good job on the exercise! Your dinner DOES sound delicious!

Jana - I'm jealous, we need rain desperately!

MsCrocket - You're an inspiration! Good job on the weight loss! :carrot:

Sunlit - That is so awesome! Congrats on the weight loss! I plan to incorporate more fruit in my diet this week so maybe that will help me as well!

Soon - Holy cow that's a great idea (Crest White strip) I'll have to try that myself!

Kelly - I'm sorry you aren't feeling good honey! Just look forward to the hot bath, hot tea and rest you are going to give yourself tonight. You can do it!

Beach Bum- Don't be too hard on yourself, you are having and incredibly difficult time right now... :hug:

Want - Way to stay OP! Thanks for the Will Power Dust... I sure need it!

Schatzi - That food sounds delish! Way to stay strong and congrats on the loss!

Cathy - Glad you are feeling better! I wish I owned a treadmill!

Scrappin' - You are doing great! Phase 2 will work for you this time, just take it slowly!

Ruth - Mmm... Pancakes... I always read your weather posts and think that we are on opposite ends of the world! Would love some sun today though because it's nice and overcast here (and 70)

RNMOM - Good luck on Phase 2! You are doing AMAZINGLY well!

want2babeachbabe
03-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Well hello chicks!
I'm excited to move my ticker down 2 lbs. That makes 6.5 lbs lost in Phase 1. I guess that is good, but I did stay on P1 for an extra week. I will start adding carbs back today. I already had 1/3 of my son's pb&j. Not good, I know, but I'll consider that my carb for the day. It was nat. pb and supposedly ww bread. Real jelly though. I gained 8 lbs over the holidays, so in 1.5 lbs, I'll consider myself back at my preholiday weight. I'm ready to be in the 150s! I also did not exercise last week, so I'm going to try to exercise this week and possibly cut down on some of my fats.

weezle
03-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Afternoon ladies! The wedding went fine. I love Misty, but Misty's other 2 bridesmaids are the most worthless "friends" I've ever met in my life. Thursday night, I was the only one who helped set up for the reception (5 hours.) The next morning, I put in 5.5 hours and Megan came for 2 hours. Friday night, I was the one who stayed until past midnight making sure everything was cleaned up and set up right for the reception. DH and I stayed at the reception until 2am because the other two girls bugged out early and Luke and Misty needed a ride. We also were the ones who picked Luke up at 7:45am later that morning to take him back to the reception hall, and helped him clean the place for 3 hours. The other two girls showed up 20 minutes before we got done, and basically stood around while everyone ran circles around them.

I found out Friday that the Maid of Honor (who did absolutely nothing for the shower and I had to do everything for her) refused to give the toast. Guess who got to give the toast! I'll give you one guess. I had 24 hours to come up with something. It's a really good thing that the bridesmaid I replaced couldn't be in the wedding, because she was from Omaha and wouldn't have been here at all, so Misty wouldn't have had any help at all. The other two girls didn't even SMILE for PICTURES. Grrrrrr.

The reception was awesome, really fun. I'm just still exhausted. I have pictures at home for you all to look at as soon as I can get them posted, hopefully this evening. Hope you all are doing fine. I'm falling asleep sitting up at my desk, and have to go purchase piano books for some students after work, and then teach piano at 5:30. YAWN. Talk to you all soon.

Lisa

batmomm2000
03-27-2006, 02:04 PM
well it's kinda late to jump in but here I am anyway!

I had to random people(girl at the babysitting room at the gym and lady at tae kwon do) tell me that I look great:) Nice way to get my day going.

Not too much new here. I finally finished painting my bathroom that I started on Thanksgiving:dizzy: Did some yard work so the front is finally clear of leaves. I've got my MIL coming in a week, then my SIL the week after then my mother 2 weeks after...ay-yi-yi-yi gotta get back to cleaning

weezle
03-27-2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.geocities.com/adcockwedding/Girls1.JPG
I'm on the left.

http://www.geocities.com/adcockwedding/LisaMomDad.JPG
Me with my parents.

http://www.geocities.com/adcockwedding/LisaLuke2.JPG
Me dancing with Luke during the Dollar Dance.

Barb0522
03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Weezle - You look BEAUTIFUL! I can see why that dress is not flattering to the other bridesmaids but you look great in it!

Stephanie Osborne
03-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Ok I am so losing my motivation to work. Had a great start so far with eating though. Now just have to make time for that workout...B O R E D....isn't anyone else bored like me?

SARAH - Ok lets agree fresh start? :) I have been trying to follow SB as closely as I can, ,I am having some financial problems and some of the foods I need to stay OP all the time are pretty pricey, I am more calorie counting than anything else.

dee - don't you hate that holiday weight? Great job and getting it back off.

weezle - That is aweful about the other bridesmaids, I can relate though. My DH had 4 groomsmen and we wanted to even out on both sides. I do not have very many female friends and they one or two who were kind of chosen to fill out the pictures were awful...a burden more than a blessing. You look fantastic in the pictures, I love your hair hun and all that hard work has really paid off!

batmomm - you do look great :) Remember to take a break from all that cleaning as a reward sounds like you have a ton to do.

Kiko
03-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Weezle You look gorgeous!! I agree with Barb- that dress is really flattering on you, but not well chosen for the other two.

Stephie I hear you on trying to do SBD and watch your budget. It is tough! I have been doing more Weight Watchers this school year and will follow SBD over the summer when I have more time and more $$. (We hopefully will only pay partial daycare for one of the girls this summer!! :crossed:)

I am so taking it easy today- I haven't been this lazy in a long time. The only thing I have done is feed the baby and a couple loads of laundry. (Oh- I did manage to shower!) I think I am going to curl up again when she goes down for her afternoon nap. Older DD has dance class tonight, so that will be our big outing.

SarahinBalance
03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Weezle - you do look gorgeous and I totally understand about being the only one putting effort towards the wedding! My friend got married last summer and I was the only one of any of the friends (or bridesmaids) that showed up to the Bachelorette party! So the entire night was out of my pocket and it was up to me to keep her entertained. We had a GREAT night just the same though...

Kiko - I'm jealous, I need a day off! I was up in Dallas (Wylie actually) for my cousin's bday and spent half the time on the phone with a client. Yesterday as soon as I got back into town I was up here at the office negotiating a contract. Enjoy your day off and do a little relaxin' for me 'k?

Stephie - It's a plan! I count cals too because of the simple fact that you just gotta burn more calories than you take in.

Demeter
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
OMG! Batmom & Weeze, you two are looking GREAT! Wow!

We redid the bathroom this weekend. Home improvement isn't all it's cut out to be. It's hard work. The walls were papered with a ugly hot pink wallpaper & now the walls are painted a pretty Antique White. We also replaced the floor trim & got new fancy towel racks. It looks nice.

I'm gonna try and get in here earlier tomorrow.
I'm heading over to the recipe threads to find myself some new recipes for the week.

Talk to ya soon!