Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Question Danskin Workout Balls

I see several threads here about the larger stability balls... but am wondering if anyone has tried the smaller weighted workout balls by Danskin. I bought a set of three-pound ones today and so far the workout feels great. I've been googling to find more exercises but it would be neat to hear if anyone else is using them and what you think of them.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

They are wonderful!!! I do pilates at home and have added the balls to my pilates routines. They're great for pilates or ab routines!!!
hud7285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 AM   #3  

Thanks Hud!! I do tons of outdoor walking for my cardio and we have a fitness center but it is hard to get the time to go to it so would like to find more things I can do just at home. All I have done so far is some simple exercises but they felt really good! I have heard of pilates but don't know what they are; perhaps I need to check that out more too!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 AM   #4  

I have been thinking of getting some of those, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. What exercises have you done with them?
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:41 AM   #5  

Well I just got them today and have been using them, and I love them!! Mine are just three pounds and are perfect. I stood and did some outward and also front lift arm lifts but mostly I have lain on my bed and done a variety of exercises while listening to Internet radio! I actually did this for over an hour just because they feel so good; almost like the muscles being massaged. LOL I will probably be sore tomorrow!

I laid so my head was at edge of bed and held both balls together and put arms behind head... an exercise that is fabulous for abs and also building chest muscles to reduce the bustline... which I really need. I even tossed them up in the air while lying on my back and caught them... one at a time... and did with one hand and with both. Different arm exercises just lying in bed! And on my side lifting them up while stretched all I could. I haven't done anything else yet but I googled and got some great ideas. These things are fantastic!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #6  
1 day at a time

S/C/G: HW300/283/241/160

I believe the balls you is talking about I have I got the watp balls from Lesiles Sanson site. I use them to walk and to do my weight training with them. I love them they easy to hold and better to work with
Lesa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 PM   #7  

Hi Lesa... wow I sure am impressed with them! I wish I had bought them a long time ago LOL