Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Unhappy graveyard shifts

Last night, I worked a graveyard shift (10pm-6am, and I'm back at it again today). I hate how it messes with my body!
Last night, I got so hungry, but my stomach was upset and I was super tired (I had been up since 11am!), so I didn't want to eat, but I felt like I had to. So I had a low-fat cran muffin (350ish) and some PC Blue Menu fat-free yogurt (100 cal). I completely went overboard with the mochas to stay awake, though...I had 4 of them and sicked myself out for the near foreseeable future!
Then when I got off work, me and a couple girls were going to get breakfast, but nothing was open...so I ended up just having 1 french toast stick from BK (78 cals). Crawled into bed, slept for 3 1/2 hrs...I have an alarm clock in my head that won't go away, which wakes me up at 1 pm at the latest every day no matter how late I've been up the day before. Plus, my body was killing me...I've been having alot of pain in my arms and lower back lately, it gets bad at night and wakes me up frequently.
When I woke up, I had an open-faced peanut butter & banana sandwich *lol* and then caved in and had half a peice of cheesecake left over from my sister's birthday party yesterday. When my bf went to work, I went back to bed for a few more hours, and when I woke up, I had another breakfast...a knockoff of Ikea breakfast, because that's what we had wanted in the first place, but it didn't open until 9:30. I caved in a little with the Pillsbury wholegrain croissants I baked - I had two.
I'm still at 1195 cals for the day, so I should be ok to have a light supper before I start work or whenever I get hungry, and then maybe something halfway through my shift. I really hate trying to figure all this out, though. I've gotten NO exercise today, and I'm going back to bed as soon as my laundry is done...

By Tuesday morning, I'm hoping I feel normal again! Thank God this is the last set of latenight shifts I'll be doing!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:34 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

As a former graveyard shift worker , I can sympathize. I also had a hard time staying asleep during the day and felt hungry all night . You are doing a great job with the weight loss and I can't wait til I only have 5 more to lose. Congrat's.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

been there and done that,,, I found my body reacted violently to coffee...which it doesn't normally. my oldest son has done a few graveyard shifts but he seems to like it,,,could be that he is usually up all hours.
hope you don't have to ever do them again or not for a long time...
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #4  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

I can empathize I did them for 2 years straight! They are horrible, I neer got used to them. Now I have to do about 1, 11 - 7 a month. Just the thoughts of it sickens me and it takes me 2 days to recouperate. The only thin I can eat on that shift is breakfast foods such as cereal or toast or a bagle. Thats about it. Luckey youll never have to do them again!
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

thanks for the words of support, guys!

I ended up eating a salad about an hour after I got to work...then I didn't eat until I got off at 6, and by that time, I was starving! So we went to Denny's for breakfast (I have a soft spot for breakfast *lol*), and I had the two egg breakfast. It's about half the size of one of their regular breakfast entrees, but I still ended up only eating 1 peice of toast, the eggs and half of the hashbrowns.

But it was so yummy!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote