Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/230/140

Unhappy Need Help with Setting Goal for 11 Weeks

I need to know if I follow an exercise plan and eat healthy.....what would be the Max I could expect to lose in 11 weeks????

I am suppose to got to a wedding in Las Vegas, where my Man will be seeing his Ex. wife/high school sweetheart, plus I will meet some of his family I have never met before.

I have been trying to get into shape and have lost weight, but now since I know about this I feel alot of pressure. I'm not jealous so much, as I want to look good and be proud of myself.

I have chronic health issues, but really want to do this to be healthy. Now I feel somewhat rushed.

I know your supposed to lose 1-2 lbs. per week, but I weigh 230 lbs.... do you think I could lose more???? Faster????? Have any of you done it????

Thanks
Brania
Brania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:12 PM   #2  
Cuban Cutie

S/C/G: 250/233.8/150

Girl.. the easiest way to lose 10lbs "quick" is to stand up straight - other than that I'm thinking it's a no-go.

You SHOULD be proud of yourself - and I'm sure you'll look a LOT better than you did 20lbs ago. PLUS you've got 11 weeks .. that's another 20 lbs or so !

I'd be wary of anything that will make you lose weight "quickly / upfront" because it can do you more damage than good in the long run (ie. slowing your metabolism)
Mrs SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

When I first began losing weight, the most I was ever able to lose was 4 pounds a week.. I was eating 1200 calories a day and exercising every day for one and a half, and somedays two hours a day...Only Sundays were my day off from the gym.. I couldn't continue like that for long, I think I lasted 9 weeks before I was completely burnt out :O) I know how it is to feel "rushed" I heard low-carb diets lose quickly in the beginning?? Good luck..
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:23 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

i know a few people that have gone the low/no carb route. its a pretty quick fix, but, once you start to eat normally again, you gain it back. diets dont work. lifestyle changes work. so whatever it is you choose good luck!!
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #5  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Great job! on your weight loss so far. Slow is the way to go -- you don't want to lose the weight and gain it right back. This is a lifestyle change. I had to learn this too. You'll do great.

Wishing You The Best
Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

I agree; don't do low-carb unless you intend to make it a way of life!! You will indeed regain every pound lost and then some..The same goes with whatever diet you choose, it has to be an ongoing lifetime commitment in order to not regain your weight :O) I wonder if maintaining my weightloss isn't gonna be even harder than the losing it?!? Good health .
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:46 PM   #7  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

I hesitated to write anything about how to lose weight quickly - but this may be an option for you....The HMR Program

If I had 11 weeks to lose possibly 40-50 lbs, I'd do this program. It will take major strength of mind because it's a liquid diet. My husband is almost through with his 12 weeks on the diet and he's lost about 75 lbs. Granted, it's very very VERY strict - only 5 shakes a day. But believe me, once you pass 2 weeks - it's almost clear sailing.

It's medically supervised and most people that I know who have been on this program are doing well and are healthy. The shakes are very delicious and filling. We use diet rite to make the shakes and sometimes add a bit of fruit. This diet, coupled with walking 4-5 times a week will allow you to drop a great deal of weight quickly - of course this isn't a long time diet and it's best to study what type of food diet you want to be on when you finish the fast.

Good luck!
chaoskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #8  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Oh, if only we could wave a magic wand and have it all gone... YESTERDAY!

You've done great already, dear! 20 pounds, gone! And, at a steady 1-2 pounds a week, you could potentially be another 15-20ish down in 11 weeks. But don't give yourself any kind of ultimatum... just stay as true to your program as you can.

And if you're worried about his ex... remember, that's exactly what she is. The Ex. You're the Now .

Get yourself a snazzy outfit, treat yourself to a professional manicure (and pedicure, if you want!), hold your head up high and strut on in there with him!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/230/140

Thanks for the replies. I have just joined YMCA and will start exercising next week. They offer a 12 week program and you meet with a trainer 4x to teach you how to use the equipment and make sure you are getting the optimum of your program. So I do plan on making it a lifestyle. I lost the 20 lbs. mainly on portion control. Now I am stalling and know I need to add exercise for this to be a healthy plan.

I have never really dieted.....have tons of books, but seems pretty complicated. Trying to learn about counting calories and trying to keep a food journal. I don't like to cook fancy. I like easy to prepare/simple meals, that taste good.

I am trying to do a low cal/low carb and really watch portion sizes. I'm learning.

I have really just started to care about myself. My weight always was up/down due to unhealthy eating habits/lifestyle.

I quit smoking 8/22/04 and have been trying to improve myself----mentally, physically, and spiritually.

I feel a little overwhelmed sometime because I have so much to work on.
Brania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #10  

You asked for help in setting an 11 week goal. How about instead of assigning a number goal you just commit to being especially diligent with both food and exercise. Make your goal to lose as much and reshape your body as much as you can over the next 11 weeks. Kick up your workout and eat as clean as possible. If you fail to meet the "lose x by y" goal you may find yourself on the way to this wedding discouraged and feeling poorly of yourself. That is the LAST impression you want to make on this particular group of people. Set a goal that you can feel good about no matter what - then walk into this wedding with your head held high knowing that you look and feel a good as you possibly could have.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote