Old 03-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #1  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb Tip for getting Kids to drink water

My kids (4.5 and 6) were KoolAid Junkies and I hated it....one day my son asked me why I drink so much water. I saw this as an opportunity to teach him something so I told him.

"well what happens when the outside of our bodies gets into a bath tub of water?"

of course he answers "we get clean"

I then said "well this is why I drink water, the clean clear water gives all my insides a bath. My heart and tummy and brain and everything that helps mommy be a good mommy gets all nice and clean when I drink this water. It gives me an inside bath."

He thought about it for a while and the next day when he had lunch he asked for a bottle of water instead of Kool Aid. My daughter followed suit and now they both drink MAYBE one glass of KoolAid and the rest is either milk or water.

Water, its scrubadub for your insides......
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:17 PM   #2  
Heather/Caterpillar

What I do for myself, to trick me into drinking water and it works when I have my friend's kids round is to add a little food colouring to the water, it tastes exactly the same but looks more pretty and more like kool aid! Sometimes if I just want flavour I'll get half a glass of fresh orange or apple juice and top it up with sparkling water...then you get vitamins too and it tastes better than soda!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:28 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Lealee, that is one of the most wonderful kid-friendly explanations I've ever heard! Wow, that's brilliant!!!

Such a good Mom you are! I love it!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

LeaLee, I hope one day i may be as creative as you are and patient with children... Lord knows i lack the creativity...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote