Old 03-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Question What rewards are planning for yourself?

I am thinking as I drink my morning coffee about what I will do to reward myself when I accomplish certain losses.
1. I know at 240 I am going to start getting my nails done again with acrylic tips and I am going to celebrate the first new set (Because it means I lost 17 pounds) with nail art as well.
2. I am hoping to be at a 64 pound loss by the end of Nov. (I looked at the calendar and did two pounds a week give or take for vacations etc.) I want to shop this Christmas when I go home to the states at Banana Republic (although I am not sure I will be in their size clothes by the summer … I am positive it will be a reality when Christmas gets here) Why Banana???….because my petite older sister has always shopped there and always looks great.
3. Another goal is to climb the Great Wall of China next spring break. I went there when I first got to Asia and I could not make it up to the peak of the wall where we visited. I do want to mention it was 32 degrees, there was ice on the steps, and the steps are really uneven (you almost have to go hand over fist) I went up about thirty steps and turned back as the rest of the group made it to the top. (I felt awful.)
4. Probably the biggest one is making fitness and outdoor sports a way of life. I was pricing bicycles the other day at our PX. I have this great river walk right outside my house I would love to explore. This is my “onederland” reward.
5. The next goal is iffy I might get a tummy tuck to get rid of sagging skin when I lose my weight. Not sure at what weight but I am not sure about the tummy tuck either.
6. The last one is to take an adventure vacation where I know my old weight would of held me back. Some kind of hike either in Europe, the US or Asia.

What are you planning?
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #2  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Yes..... I type toooo fast. I meant "What rewards are you planning for yourself?" Turning a year older this week I guess has taken its toll....
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #3  
Slow and Steady

Wow Dolly, those are some fun rewards!

Mine are just kinda boring...
By my kids' summer vacation I would like to be down to 220 or so. I'm planning on getting a professional pedicure when that happens (I'm a complete pedicure virgin, lol.)
By my 40th birthday in August I hope to be down to 200. I'm going to get my hair professionally colored and cut. I have never had a professional color my hair and I don't get it cut very often either!

I haven't thought much past that point. I'll have to come up with some fun ideas like you have although a cool vacation is out of the financial question. I'll live vicariously through you though. Please be sure to keep us updated on your adventures!
Quirky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #4  

When I'm at my goal weight, I am going to do a spa thing. Thinking about a full body message and seaweed/mud wrap, pedicure, facial, hair, etc. Then hubby and I will go out on the town. I think after 126 pound weight loss, I DESERVE IT.
LivingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, my goal is to be 200 pounds by my 21st birthday, and to celebrate, I'm going to buy a new outfit, and go OUT and have fun! I've never been to clubs or anything, so I plan to live it up!!! I've still got about 14 months, so here's to hoping the rest of this weight just SLIDES OFF! LOL!

After that initial goal, I've been thinking more and more lately, that I'll probably want to be to around 170-180, although when I get to 200, I'll start seriously thinking about my wedding...as I'll be able to have a NICER dress than at 350 pounds!

I haven't really given it much thought, other than a whole new wardrobe, really. I've been saving up all my change in a jar, and not going to spend it...and then when I get to goal, count it, and spend it all on new clothes/strappy fun shoes!

kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #6  
Losin' it forever!

Hmmm...i am still thinking about short term rewards, but I do know a few things I'd like to do once I reach a healthy weight.

Learn to horseback ride
Shop at Land's End, The Gap and this little store downtown called "Figure head II". I love the displays in the window!
Go biking with my kids

Wow. I must be tired as there must be more!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

While it's not really ME giving it to myself.. my bf is going to give me 100 dollars for clothing shopping for every 10 pounds I lose. I could nearly end up with 800 dollars! I'll probably shop at the GAP, Jacob, and definitely RW & Co. These are mainly "skinny" stores, and while I can get into an XL at all of the above, I'd rather be a Medium!

I like the idea of a pedicure, but I just had silly toe surgery and my toe is gross still, manicure maybe!

My most desired goal is to be in a REGULAR size 16 by April 22nd! I am flying in May, and would like to fit in the seat properly, yah know?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I plan to buy myself an IPod this summer so I can go walking out in the nice weather and do it for stress release as well as exercize.
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #9  
Heather/Caterpillar

I hadn't thought about it, I have various things I want to achieve though.
-After I lose 100lbs I will get hair extensions.
-After 50lbs new hair style
-After 80lbs, spray tan
-At target I will shop in skinny shops purely because I've never been able to!

I want to be significantly thinner by the time my best friend comes back from China in July, I've always been big and I think that if anyone will notice, she will, we have been best friends now for close to 20 years. My big thing is my dad noticing although I firmly believe he wouldn't notice even if I was a size 2 dancing around in my undies with a sign on my head!!! He is a man after all!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:17 PM   #10  

I'm going to Australia in June, and I'd really love to be 180lbs by then, but if I don't make it, I'm cool with that. I'm still going to Australia!!

At goal I am going to go on a swimming holiday in Greece.

I'm also going to buy myself a dress at Ghost. I really love their dresses, and I'll wear it every opportunity I can!

Once I'm at goal I am going to start looking at a career change - physiotherapist, personal trainer.........I don't know. I want to do something with my body, I'm sick of sitting in front of a pc in an office all day!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

My mom did help me purchase my new wardrobe when I went from a size 28 to size 22/24 pant and size 22/24 top to size 18/20. I think shopping will be my main thing as I love shopping but I'm holding off on buying too many clothes. It has been a struggle for me.

kykaree - I love love love Greece, I went there for 2 weeks a few years back.

My personal fitness goal is to be able to do glacier hiking in southern Argentina where penguins live. I am going to China in a little over a month and I am definitely looking forward to that.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Erm, I haven't decided yet. Seriously though, rewards have got less important to me as I've got closer to and then hit goal. I've realised that I'm doing this for me, not as an excuse to treat myself to stuff that I either don't need, can't afford, or should just buy when I see it not when I see an arbitrary number on the scale.

Every day when I wear my new thin clothes (which were bought whenever I needed them rather than at pre-determined intervals), and every time I head out for a long run, is a reward for me. Spending money on a treat isn't going to make that any less true. I do want to do something to celebrate what I've achieved, but I want to take the time to think of something that really means something to me.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #13  
Going to ONEderland

Clothes as I lose.

If I get to where I want to be, I'm going to get rid of all my underwear and buy only cute under things to wear.

If I get to my ultimate goal I'm going to take an ice skating class.

If I get to my ultimate goal I'm going to color my hair. I'm not coloring it until then.

Mainly the reward will be seeing the looks on people's faces. Particularly people I haven't seen in awhile.

My real problem is the rewards on the way down. I will make progress and then not really value the progress I've made. Not feel happy or satisfied with it, and wind up getting discouraged because although I've done well, I don't FEEL like I've done well enough.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/249/160

I take some issue with 'rewards' for weight loss. Obviously, as I shrink down, I'll need to buy new clothes and be physically able to do more things, but I don't necessarly see those as a rewards, just things that I'm looking forward to. The thing is, if I were to deny myself manicures and vacations and nice things until I lost weight, it would seem to me that I'm denying my 'fat-self' all the nice things that I'll only give to my 'thin-self'. It creates poor body image, I think, at least in my case. I can't keep putting off living life until I'm thin, y'know? I like myself as I am right now (I just recognize that my body can use some work) so I'm willing treat myself to things whenever I have the time and money.
Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:59 AM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Anyone suprised that my rewards are jewerly? I can't buy these things now, as they wouldn't fit!!!! I would need a larger necklace and bracelet and they don't come that way.

Here is my 100 lb reward (I hope they fit then!)

An of course when I reach goal I will buy a spectacular tennis bracelet!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote