Exercise! - Opinions on HRM's

View Full Version : Opinions on HRM's

Darl2541
03-24-2006, 06:12 PM
I would like any personal opinions of heart rate monitors - what you have, if you like it, price, etc. I never really thought too much about them over the years, but now that I'm on the downside of the 40's, I'm noticing the ole heart a pumping harder. I'm thinking it's time for me to invest in one, but don't want to purchase one that's more than I need or get one that is not good. Input would be appreciated!

Darlene

LucyGoosy
03-24-2006, 08:39 PM
I just got a Polar f4. It was about $80.00 at Target. It has some basic functions like HR, time, date, average HR. You can set upper and lower limits. You can program your weight and age and see how many calories you burn depending on your HR. It is smaller sized for ladies wrists. It's not a bad looking watch either. The chest strap is pretty comfortable.

Polar also has some pricier ones that uplink to your computer and act as a virtual personal trainer. Polar's website has some great training aids. You can pick your goals and it will develop a program for you and then your watch will keep track of how you are doing.

I also looked at some Timex versions, they seemed pretty nice too, I picked the polar mostly because I know they have been doing HR monitors forever, and I liked the styling of the watch better.