Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206.5/197/130

Cool Hi---I'm Jen

Hi All,
My name is Jen. This is my 6th week with WW. I've dropped 17 lbs. so far, but I've got about 60 more to go.
I'm 36, married, 2 daughters (14, 11) & a stepson (14).
I especially struggle with exercise (I HATE IT!) and trying to find healthy, tasty, low-point WW meals my family will eat. So if any of you can help me out with those things, give me pointers, tips, recipes, etc., I'd really appreciate it.
This looks like a great site. I hope to get to know some of you.

Jen
Old 05-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

17 lbs is great. You are starting in the about the same place I am. I have been going to WW since January.

I serve a salad with dinner every night. While DH and the kids have salad, veggies, carbs, and some protien. I just put the protien (chicken, fish, tofu, whatever is served) on the salad with some lowfat dressing and skip the pasta, potatoes, french bread, or whatever else it is that I cooked. I don't make junk food that often, but I keep veggie burgers and veggie corn dogs in the freezer. If DH wants to do hot dogs with the kids, I can have veggie one for very few points. Actually, at this point, mostly the family eats the veggie stuff with me because the kids like it and DH wants to lose a few lbs too. He is 6' and 185, but like to be at about 170. I am 5'2 and 185 this week.

If I make a really fattening meal (like spaghetti with meat sauce), I just skip it all together and make my own salad, or save up enough points to have some and make my portion sizes reasonable.
Closed Thread