Old 03-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #1  
Losin' it forever!

Default Speaking of scales....

What kinds of scales does everyone recommend, especially when you have a good bit of weight to lose? I think the one we have had forever is pretty much crap, so I am in the market for a good one. I would so much rather weigh at home than at the gym!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have a health-o-meter scale that I set 5 lbs heavier (it's a mental thing). I've had it for quite a few years and it works.
Something similar to this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006SKLW/

Speaking of gym scales, the one in the bathroom at my gym is majorly broken. The other day it told me I weighed 250, I wanted to take it home with me
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #3  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ance&n=3760901

That's the scale I currently have, but as I was talking about in my thread, I'm ready to throw it against a wall. Other than that, I like digital scales because it gives you a reading with decimals (like 150.8), and that one can keep track of 5 different people, and shows you the last weight it recorded for you.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:00 PM   #4  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

As I mentioned on Virgo/Lathish's thread, I have a DemeTech Health Scale and I like it a lot. Well, as much as you can like a scale.

I bought it sometime in 2004, but didn't really start using it diligenetly until this past January. We sort of... had a bit of a falling out in December 2004. It told me things I didn't really want to hear (it's brutally honest), so I gave it the cold shoulder for a year.

I decided, though, that it was really time to stop being such a baby about it, so I made peace with it and we're on speaking terms now. It's still not my best friend, but I'm hoping our relationship will improve over time!

It's accurate (I tested it against my doctor's scale last week). It was very easy to assemble. I did it in about 15 minutes, and I'm not particularly handy. At $129 (with shipping, it came to about $160), it's a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. I think I'll have it for a long time.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote