Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #1  

Default Another Buddy request

I just joined a few days ago and I would really like a buddy (or a few) to chat with. I am a 28 year old SAHM in South Florida. I have 2 great kiddies (5 yo girl and 2 yo boy) and I am really working hard on chnaging my eating habits os they won't have to deal with the issues I had to, especially my daughter. it has taken me awhile to like who I am and be happy with myself. I promised myself 13 years ago after being fed up with my low self-esteem isues due to my weight and the unhealthy practices I tried in order to lose weight, that I would not go on a diet or fix my body until I was sure it was coming from a place of love and health not of self-loathing and unhappieness with who I am and what I look like.

So here I am. I decided that I ma ready to go for it and I have been on the SB diet with my hubby (his nutrionist recommended it after he was diagnosed with diabetes) for 2 months, give or take a few days. So far I have lost about 20 lbs. and my short term goal is to lose another 10 before our vacation to Disney in 2 weeks. As a family I am trying to promote healthy eating but I am not being fanatical with my kids. Though it makes it harder for me I refuse to throw away every cookie and pancake and potato just because I can't eat them. My main concern is getting my kids to eat healthy but not have it linked with body issues.

I would love a buddy to chat with through e-mail or the website. Good luck everyone.
35lbsontheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #2  
Aleecia

Lana,
Congradulations on your 20lb weight loss so far. Good Job.
You sound like you are really motivated to make this work.
You'll definately find losts of support here.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

congratulations on the 20 lbs. lost and keep up the good work. There are a lot of great people here with inspirational stories that can help keep you on track. I am here because I need the support too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 125/125/105

i'd love to help and support you =D

i just started the SB diet too, i find it to be hard, and being young, i eat 1-2 fruits a day just so i can get my vitamins and dont go defficient in anything, after all i still need all my nutrition to grow =D
xfudge3 is offline   Reply With Quote