Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking TGIF Log - March 24th

Good Morning,

I'm so glad its Friday but its going to be a loooooong day is here.

B-coffee, butternut squash soup (yeah I know lolol)
L-salad
D-hotdog maybe or ww pizza
S-none I hope
Water:

Aunt Flo is here, finally and I'm ready to kick her out the door lol.

Whats everyone got planned for the weekend? The only thing I have planned is seeing my Mom.

Have a good Friday chickies
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

Surprise - It's busy at work today!

Leenie - you don't like breakfast foods for breakfast? it seems you have some "unique" things for breakfast But I do believe this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone having soup for breakfast tho.

I plan to exercise in the morning and do some picking up and wash clothes (that is an everyday thing), then I need to do the FAFSA form online for my youngest son's scholarships and grants. That is a bugger of a form that always takes me awhile to fill out.

gotta run - later gaters!
hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good luck with the forms Cathy. Yes I like different things for breakfast. I'm not a big cereal fan and as far as sweets go, like pancakes, french toast, I like that stuff later in the day. I enjoy hardy foods when I get up like eggs, toast, bacon, and yes soup LOL !! I ate the soup b/c it was the only thing I had here at work lol. My favorite breakfast is a bagel from a real bagel store with onion cream cheese and a slice of tomato on top YUM!!!

Have a good day
Old 03-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #4  

That sounds awesome, Leenie! I'm curious what the WW pizza's like.

My weekend's pretty packed. My grandma had knee replacement surgery so I'll be going over there to help her do her exercises today after I get off piano school. Then tonight I'm going to a piano concert.
Saturday and Sunday I have off from work, luckily. Sunday night I'm seeing 'Waiting for Godot'. My co-worker won tickets worth $58 !!!

Oh...and about the 'breakfast food for breakfast' bit...I've been eating my dinners for breakfast and my cereal for dinner the past 3 weeks or so. I noticed a greater loss. And I also felt satisfied all day. It's 10 am, and I just finished my pesto pizza heheheh...
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #5  

Leenie,
Butternut squash soup makes me anxious for winter to be over and gardening to begin. Can't wait for all those fresh vegetables.

Peanut butter, wow you're really making progress on Jenny Craig. I've been wondering about that program and how effective it is. You're chart makes me want to find out more.

I've got cleaning and grocery shopping to do today. Neither one of those is panning out to be as easy as they should be with a 20mos old son and a new puppy underfoot. I'm thinking of tossing the "plans" out the window and just spending the day enjoying those two. And now I'm hungry for squash and bagels with cream cheese and tomato slices...might have to go shopping sooner than I planned. ) Have a great weekend!
huffnpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Pnut,

The WW Pizza is weight watchers brand.... and personally IMHO its kinda gross. I haven't had a ww pizza in a long long time and they taste different to me than I remember. I won't be buying them again.

They say that the bulk of your food should be in the morning, then noon and your dinners should be very light... I believe that whole heartedly but I was raised the opposite and its so hard to reverse that. We eat cereal for dinner lots of times.

Your doing really great with your WL... GOOD JOB !!!!

You sound like your weekend is just full of great things to do..... enjoy them !!! How long have you been playing the piano? Must be exciting.

Hugs !!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Huff, we posted at the same time

I agree, its never easy to take a toddler to the store, my DD is 4 and it takes me so much longer in the store now than when she fit in the cart. 1/2 the time I forget to pick things up b/c I am busy watching her lol.

You and me both sister !!! I want winter over with NOW!!! I used to be a fan of the colder months but these past few years I am singing another tune. I like the warm weather, sunshine and blue skys. Can't wait to go swimming.

Okay girls, I'm pressing my luck here... my boss will be here any second

TTYL HUGS!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #8  

Well, my house is spic and span! Our neighbor, the president of the church is coming over tonight for pizza. Then, we're going over the secretaries notes for the past few years looking for some lost documentation I'm turning over the duties of secretary soon and we want to sort through the old dusty (aaaa choo!) papers. They were a mess when I got them and I don't want history to repeat itself.

This weekend will be shopping for flooring for the kitchen, living room, office and two bathrooms. A friend of my DD's gave us a good estimate for installing the flooring, plus finishing the woodwork that Roger has been prograstinating about forever.

Well,am off to do a bit of biking and hopping into the shower!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #9  

Hey everybody....busy day!

I worked.......no breaks all day
Had cereal for breakfast
bannana loaf for coffee snack
2 pieces ham and pineapple pizza late lunch
and now eating popcorn with a corona for my Happy Hour!

I am happy.......I am grateful.

Weekend busy but manageable.....studying every free moment for big exam April 1!

xoL
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #10  

Leenie, I was raised the same way - dinner=heaviest meal of the day. I've had to avoid eating dinner at home so I signed myself up for late shifts at work.
I've been playing piano over a year...I'm self-taught...but I started with learning advanced songs. Plus I practice 2-3 hours a day. I don't do classical...I do contemporary/modern. I didn't perform at the concert..hehe I watched and recorded and oohed-and-aahed.

HuffnPuff, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me. Like costs..etc. Personally, I'm surprised I'm doing well myself, because it feels like I'm eating so much. The first three weeks on it, I still had my binge-eating tendencies. Then when I saw the results I was motivated to get serious. I think my consultant plays the greatest role because she's the only person who's supporting my efforts. My friends are still accusing me of bulimia (a thing of the past).

The Jenny Craig food is terrific, in my opinion. But then again, I only order the italian foods and cheesecakes.

Good luck studying for exams, Liz!!!

I'm off to shower...I just did 2 miles wtp.
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:11 PM   #11  

Thanks for the kind wishes PNB!

Congrats on your weight loss..........well done!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote