General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #1  
faithless60

S/C/G: 11 st 8 lbs

Default hi all new here! CANNOT get motivated!

Hi all, am new here, need motivation, every day passes without the start of the 'diet', it was goingt obe today, I was coming home to go on exercise bike and have tinned toms and poached eggs on ww toast but NO I had sausges and sat on *** all morning long!!! so I need a good swift kick up me bum!!!!!
By way of intro, I'm Paula, 32, about 11 and 1/2 stone, 3 munchkins and love food and wine far far too much!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You've come to the right place. Come here every morning and just soak up the inspiration.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:44 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hi Paula!

You might want to check out the UK chicks thread... We're all crackers over there! Also almost everyone who joins turns into an exercise nut! We're the people who have subscriptions to Runner's World! Don't worry, there's some less-hardcore people too.

Just logging on here is a step in the right direction

Just out of interest how tall are you?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #4  
faithless60

hey up ladies, thanks for replying!
I'm 5' 2" most folks say there's nothing up with me but I just feel far too flobby to do owt these days!
I've just got in from nursery run and have to bake 2 cakes with the 4 year old for mother and mother in law for Mothers day but once we get organised I shall go over and have alook at the forum you suggested hun! thanks!
hope to talk soon xxxx
Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

CAKES! I hope they're fatless sponges

Why don't you find something fun and active to do with the tiddlywinks, like swimming or out playing in the park (I know it's a bit cold...) or bike riding, will get you off your @rse and spend some quality time with the kids.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:07 AM   #6  
faithless60

yep this is my thought exactley, I'm taking all of them off to Ponds Forge on the morning, on Sunday we're going for a picnic and it's too cold to sit on a blanket so will be running me wobbly butt off with the boys! Sheffield is far too hilly for a bike altho it'd definately work my legs! the cake however are not for me, I just have to keep my fingers out of the mixing bowls!!!!
All good advice, looks like you're doing great, I make excuses that I don;t have time but really I'm a lazy moo, but I decided no more tomorrows! I will do it today!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Some motivators you could try to help you not make excuses is that if you have ever been thinner, to hang a picture of you at your thinnest next to one of you now on the fridge door. You can also buy an expensive outfit one size smaller than you wear and hang it where you will see it everyday. Or hang a picture of someone who's figure you'd love to have (model or actress?) on your bathroom mirror.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #8  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Hey there,
Check out some of the posts with before and after pictures on there, they are really great!!!
It motivated me to get off my bum and do something!
I put a picture of myself from before on the tredmill and look at that as I walk and walk and walk
There is alot of posts on here that will help to motavate you.
GOOD LUCK
Old 03-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #9  

You've gotten great advice so far! I still thought I share something with you that helped me get started. I was talking to a friend (this was years ago) and we were discussing having children. His wife had just given birth to their second child. I made the comment that DH and wanted children but we were waiting until we could afford it. My friend said, "Children bring you so much joy but if you wait until you can afford it you'll never have them." He wasn't suggesting that someone should have children even if they can't afford to feed them. We were talking in terms of waiting for the ideal situation - affording them the perfect life, college, etc.

This conversation came back to me when I was deciding to lose weight. I wanted to be thin but I wasn't motivated to do what was necessary to get there. I realized that if I waited for the perfect combination of motivation and desire I'd be fat for the rest of my life. I knew I had to just jump in - whether I was motivated or not. Motivation is a funny thing. When you have it everything is awesome. But, it comes and goes so you can't count on it to get you to where you want to be.
Closed Thread