Exercise! - Coast to Coast.. the challenge

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Coast to Coast.. the challenge

HealthierMe
03-23-2006, 06:45 AM
Good morning-

A group of us are going to log or steps/miles and walk, via the magic of computers, Coast to Coast. We will start out in a small town in Massachusetts, called Hopedale and walk our way to Seattle. Please join us? Together we can do it! Here are the details:

First, please sign up in the "Coast to Coast Challenge...Signup" thread (stickied in the top of the exercise section.)

Then every day or every few days just post the number of steps (or miles if you prefer) that you can contribute for that past day or days.

Please use this format:

Days that the steps or miles were logged:
Steps/miles for that time:
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge:

We are starting in my homwtown and walking to Dance4Joy's hometown via I-90. I will keep track and map our way across the US. Along the way I will research and provide information about where we've just walked and where we are walking. Also anyone that wants to share information or pictures about areas we are walking through, please do share. We'll honor you are we walk through.

I am starting this thread today so we can chat, but need just a few more days for the planning. So please feel free to chat, and we'll start logging with Saturday's steps/miles.

Let's Go!

Misti in Seattle
03-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Yay, we will be off soon! HealthierMe thanks for organizing this... I can't wait for Saturday to start logging in my miles!!

Jayde
03-23-2006, 09:00 AM
and we countdown to the start of our trek...... :)

Misti in Seattle
03-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi Jayde

I look forward to walking with you! :) I am glad you and others are signing up as this is going to be a LONG walk home for me LOL and we will need all the help we can get! :)

Jayde
03-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Joy, we might all have to stay at your place once we get there.. I'll have to get a plane ticket back... or someone could always carry me home.. hehe

LadyFirelyght
03-23-2006, 09:18 AM
I can't wait to get this started! *bounces* :running:

No Spring Chick
03-23-2006, 12:43 PM
I just signed up and I am really looking forward to learning about the different places along the way. Right now I am "stuck" on an island and need a change of scenery hehe!
Thanks to all who helped prepare this challenge.

HealthierMe
03-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Yay, we are to 10 of us, double digits, woo hoo! the more the merrier.

Dance, no problem. Thanks for all your suggestions. I am excited for the weekend.

No Spring chick, we are glad to have you along for the ride, I mean walk :D

Hello Jayde, welcome to you too! I've always liked countdowns, why should they be reserved for New year's eve only.

Lydia, don't use up all your energy bouncing, we need to save some for this long walk.

Have a nice evening.

Jayde
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi there Spring Chick.. and welcome!

I did a little research on Hopedale today. I found out its only about 18 miles from Mansfield.. which is a place I lived when I was a kid.. I thought about "walking" from my old house to Hopedale and meeting all of you there by Saturday morning.. but I would need 8 more miles to add to my warm-up before Saturday. .. so... I don't think I'll do it.. hehe...

Hopedale's weather for Saturday is supposed to be cold and rainy. http://www.city-data.com/forecast/w-Hopedale-Massachusetts.html

Better pack some raincoats!

I was also wondering where we are going to meet. The walking tour that goes past the Hopedale Village Cemetary, Draper Field and the Town Center sounds nice even if it will probably be raining.

BaileySG
03-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the welcomes on the sign-up thread! I am excited. I am originally from Boston, but think I will be driving to meet you all on Sat.

I walked 2 miles today, but I am not sure if it is exercise as I am required to stop every 5 feet to allow my walking buddy to pee on a bush - OH well...

See you saturday!

Misti in Seattle
03-24-2006, 01:15 AM
I am originally from Boston, but think I will be driving to meet you all on Sat.

Ummmm you DO realize this is a cyberwalk, right? ;)

Glad you are getting in the walking, even with the necessary pee stops LO

And Jayde, yes, tee that is the nice thing about a cyberwalk... you can sort of just "magically appear" at the starting place. :) I will be doing the same since I am the ENDING point and I certainly don't intend to walk 3066 miles tomorrow to "meet" you out there Saturday morning and walk back to Seattle LOL

BaileySG
03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
lol - yes. I guess a well-placed smiley would have been useful there! Thanks for setting this up.

Misti in Seattle
03-24-2006, 01:26 AM
LOL well I figured you did but never know!! :) (Unless you literally want to walk to Seattle LOL). Can't wait to see you on Saturday... and I agree with Jayde... we need a meeting place LOL. Your suggestion sounds good to me... HealthierMe, how does that sound to you; did you have another location planned? LOL makes no difference to me since I don't know the location at all anyway. :)

LOL they are saying not only cloudy with chance of rain... which will make ME happy as can be as I love rain... but chances of SNOW in Hopedale on Saturday. We had best bounce out of bed early and get out of town or we might get caught in a cyberblizzard LOL

So far we have 10 people signed up so that is an average of 306 miles apiece LOL; hopefully more will join soon! (I think they will and this is going to be a huge success.) How do all of you like my new "advertising" ticker LOL? I am planning to redecorate it at big cities and as we cross state lines. It will be fun after Saturday to start filling in the mileage!!

HealthierMe
03-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Good morning everyone-
We can use Jayde's suggestion as the starting point. I think it's so cool that people even know where Hopedale is, since even alot of people that live is other parts of Mass don't. I actually live about a few hundred feet from Draper field, LOL. :D

I got my daffoldils from the American Cancer Society, and that means spring is here. We can't possibly have snow. Didn't you know about that rule?:)

I love the ticker Dance, thanks for recruiting.

Misti in Seattle
03-24-2006, 08:06 AM
LOL HM you won't have much of a journey to get to the starting place! We had another new sign up this morning so that is 11. Hey HM just a thought but you might want to put a link on the sign up thread so people make their way over here for chat.

Thanks for the promise of no snow. I am in Seattle so a little RAIN won't phase me LOL :snow4:

Misti in Seattle
03-24-2006, 08:34 AM
WOW! I even found a website with pictures of Draper Field so I can see where I am going LOL! This is great! I am impressed by all the stuff about Hopedale on the Internet!

Jayde
03-24-2006, 03:20 PM
My warm-up walk has taken me from my old house in Mansfield to the intersection of 495 and Hartford Ave... 15 miles... I am about 5 miles short..

So... someone pick me up.. I'll be the one standing on the side of the road with a big smile on her face.

Really if I could do five more and get there on my own I would.. but hey.. someone is going my way, aren't they? ;)

NavyWifeDee
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll be starting out a 5 am in the morning, so for all you that sleep in.. you can catch up later in the day! :)

Dee

Misti in Seattle
03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Jayde, I would be glad to pick you up but I got a direct airline flight tonight from Seattle straight into Hopedale! I was amazed that there was an airport there big enough to land a jet, wow! But I would think surely there is someone here who could spot you and give you a lift on in. Bailey said she is driving so maybe she could stop for you.

Dee I often start around 5 AM too but I can see you are going to have me beat... because that would only be 2 AM if I was back in Seattle, and I will probably have jetlag so it will SEEM like it really IS 2 AM!! So you will probably be in Milford before I get started (assuming that is the town we are going to LOL I don't know that area at all and just looked at Mapquest). Also tomorrow I work at a food bank part of the day so may not be able to get off to a very good start on the miles.

By the way there was one drawback to the direct flight... it doesn't actually LAND in Hopedale but in Boston. So if you see a jet going over Draper Field, look up and wave... I will be the one jumping out with the parachute. They promised to drop me right over the field!!!

Oh... and since I do not really like to be called Dance4Joy but prefer "Misti" I will sign myself as that... somehow the other got started from my sign in name which is old old old LOL. I am sure I will get addressed as both but here among friends I would rather be Misti. (As in Misti in Seattle).

Misti

Misti in Seattle
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey this is great!!!!

http://www.hopedale-ma.gov/Public_Documents/HopedaleMA_Parks/photos

Be sure to click on "Draper Field Today"

See you there bright and early tomorrow LOL

Here is the starting lineup so far:

HealthierMe - Hopedale MA
Michele - Iowa
Jayde - West of the Atlantic
Lydia - San Antonio TX
Kathy - ?
Bailey - MA
No Spring Chick - ?
Apple Blossom - Sacramento CA
Dee - Florida Keys
Lala - Central Florida
Misti (aka Dance4Joy) - Seattle WA

Misti

NavyWifeDee
03-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Well guys... the heel pain is really getting me today, but I got 1.5 miles in, and plan on doing more later today. I guess I'm going to have to get a cortisone shot in that heel after all, OUCH! Hope everyone has a great morning and a great day.. I'm going to be at my kid's hockey games this morning, but then I'm going to attempt to walk home.

Dee
3/25- 1.5 miles so far

NavyWifeDee
03-25-2006, 06:43 AM
OH, and Misti, good luck on that parachute landing.. if it is as windy in hopedale as it is in the keys today, it may be a rough one, :)

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Great start, Dee! Hope your heel gets better! I understand, as I have plantar fascitis (sp?) and bone spurs... not always easy to get these bodies i shape!!!

It is 4:40 back home Seattle time and I just landed safely in Draper Field... whew you were right; that wind was rough!!! :) I am just now changing into my walking clothes and ready to hit the streets!!!

Will meet up with the rest of you a bit later!

Misti

HealthierMe
03-25-2006, 08:17 AM
The first thing that I should tell you is that Joe Perry from Aerosmith is from Hopedale. They played their first gig at Nipmunk Regional High Scholl, up the road. When they were inducted into the MTV Hall of fame they actually wore Nipmunk shirts. So it's befitting to listen to a little Aerosmith music if you'd like. Now the historians would argue that this fact is not the most important one.

Today Hopedale is a small community with about 6,000 residents, it is 31 miles SW of Boston. The first recorded settlement was based around a mill that was set up to grind corn in 1669 by Benjamin Albee. Then in 1842, followers of Reverend Adin Ballou, would were looking to combine christian values with relgios freedoms, formed a community. They combined farming and manufacturing and took strong social stands again on many pressing issues such as women's rights. The area was called Hope Dale, it had formerely been called just The Dale.

Sadly, there were disagreements that ended in bankcruptcy in 1856. Two followers of Ballou, George and Ebenezer took over the land and eventually started making textile machinery. These machines were sent all over the world, and many believe that those shipments by the Draper Mill were what resulted in the textile industry moving to the South.

The mill has long since closed, so Hopedale does not really have an industry. In fact there is no bank, no supermarket and but one gas station. We do have a small airport and a small golf course. Other things you need can be found in nearby Milford or Bellingham.

So, we are walking out way to I-90, which is about 11 miles away

Glad you made it Dee and Misti!

More to follow.....

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Wow thanks for all the good info, HM! It is neat that I am also learning about the country. In researching Hopedale I found it fascinating! It sounds like a wonderful place to live!

I am logging in my first 3 miles!!!

I will be looking for a church to "attend" tomorrow so am hoping we can make it to Milford in time LOL

Misti

Odaley
03-25-2006, 09:44 AM
This sounds like fun! What a good idea. A great incentive for me to get off my butt and go for a long walk or job. I'm going to go and sign up!

LadyFirelyght
03-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Misti, you forgot about Lena!

I'm off to a slow start already. I blame it on jet lag!

Jayde
03-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Welcome, Odaley… so this makes us 13 now, doesn’t it? Or did I miscount?

Days that the steps or miles were logged: March 25
Steps/miles for that time: 3.2 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: HM… we are putting cumulative miles for the whole group here, right? If so, it is 7.2..counting what I just logged in.
We need 3.8 more miles to get us to I-90..

HM thanks for all the info on Hopedale. It seems like a peaceful place to live. I saw a picture of part if the old mill wall… buried in the woods.. it reminded me of an old house foundation I came upon as a child wandering in the woods..

I am absolutely sore today.. last night I could barely move.. so I am surprised that I got on the treadmill.. let alone stayed on it.. after the first half mile I was ready to quit.. I kept the incline as usual.. but think my next spurt might be a walk on flatter terain... But I feel great.. sore but great.

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 10:28 AM
I am confused... I thought we were starting to count the miles for the coast to coast today, 3/26. I only show 4.5 miles... but LOL, HM is keeping it all in a database so will see what she shows and make mine match it. :) Good thing we have an official milekeeper since we (or at least I) are confused before we even get out of town... LOL poor HM!!! :)

Yikes, how did I miss Lena?? LOL sorry Lena... I did know you were here!! Humbly begging your forgiveness! :fr:

LOL Jayde that is one thing about living in Seattle... I can forget about the idea of walking on flat terrain. There isn't any!!! When I first moved back from Fort Lauderdale (flat flat flat) it took me a while to get my "Seattle legs" back LOL

Misti

BlynC
03-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Good Morning! Just stretching and getting ready to get started but...did you all leave without me? :lol: I am walking right now will be back with miles..Did we start today Saturday or Did I miss it yesterday...Oh well I could maybe run a little :rofl: and catch up.....Blyn

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Nope we started today, Saturday! You are right on time! A couple of us early birds were out at 5 AM so got a bit down the road but we will wait for the rest of you to catch up so we can all stay together LOL

Misti

Michele L
03-25-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm here! I just did the 3 mile WATP-Abs workout! Nice to see you all!

Happy Saturday!

Michele :wave:

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Updated list:

LENA - Midwest USA :hug: :)
HealthierMe - Hopedale MA
Michele - Iowa
Jayde - West of the Atlantic
Lydia - San Antonio TX
Kathy - ?
Bailey - MA
No Spring Chick - ?
Apple Blossom - Sacramento CA
Dee - Florida Keys
Lala - Central Florida
Misti - Seattle WA
Odaley - Canada
Blyn - South Dakota

That makes 14 so far! Great group!

Misti

dalai_lala
03-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey! Wait for me! :D (Puff puff puff, as I run to catch up) I've got to go get my pedometer today, but I'll toss in my steps/mileage as soon as I can. I wish yardwork counted for miles... :snail:

I should cue up the Aerosmith on my iPod whilst I dig!

-Lala

HealthierMe
03-25-2006, 11:26 AM
We started today, 3/25 and I get 7.7 miles (1.5 + 3.0 + 3.2), so far.

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 11:29 AM
I wish yardwork counted for miles...
-Lala

Ummmm... it CAN if you wear your pedometer while you are doing it and get steps... 2000 steps = 1 mile. I wear mine all day and count them!

Misti

HealthierMe
03-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Welcome Blyn and Odaley, so glad you could join us!

HealthierMe
03-25-2006, 11:36 AM
So with Michele's 3 miles we are at 10.7, just about at I-90. Yeah, watch out for the cars, you know what they say about us massachusetts drivers, LOL:)

BlynC
03-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Whew...just did 2 mile WATP for Abs also!!! 4724 steps and counting.....

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks HM... now I have the mileage straightened out LOL. :)

Wow we are getting really close to I90! Thanks for the caution!!! Actually we would be there except I was only reporting mine in .5 increments; I actually had almost another mile but I will log that in with the next update so as not to confuse things any more LOL.

HM great advertisement!!!!

Misti

Michele L
03-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Are we adding all our miles together on this trek across the country? I'm a bit confused!

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Are we adding all our miles together on this trek across the country? I'm a bit confused!

LOL YES! Were you going to plan on walking them all by yourself! Wow you ARE gutsy!! :dance:

Misti

Jayde
03-25-2006, 01:07 PM
HM, I'm glad your are keeping track.. I missed an entire half mile.. shame on my math! :)

Michele.. if we weren't combining it I'd say I might get there in 4 years! Yikes!

You all might have to tug me along tomorrow... I am sooooooo sore...............

Less of Lena
03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Whew, you guys start early!!! I'm still just getting up, finishing up a great cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee :coffee2: (mmmmm mmmmm!). Man, how I've missed my Dunkin Donuts!

But, I'm being good -- I've bypassed my absolute favorite, the glazed doughnuts! Oooooo the temptation!

Anyway, my cab is just leaving Logan (airport) in Boston now. I'm assuming we'll take the tunnel and then head out along the Mass Pike (Massachusetts Turnpike, which starts in downtown Boston and is also the zero-mile marker for Route I-90!). It'll take us a bit to get to Hopedale, but I'm sure I'll catch up with you all this afternoon!

Yippee, we're on our way!

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 03:26 PM
LOL yah Michele I am really impressed that you had the courage to sign up thinking you had to walk all that way yourself!! :) I want to get home someday in this lifetime!! Jayde, four years is very optimistic LOL.

Hey Lena glad you are on your way... glad you had a nice flight; that was smart to take a cab. As Dee warned me (too late!) that parachute jump over Draper Field was pretty harrowing; fortunately I missed the pond!! :shocksn:
And don't worry... we will make sure to wait up for you before we get too far ahead!!!

Well I went to work at the food bank this morning... this makes me at LEAST the THIRD person on my church's teams who went on the WRONG week when it was not our turn LOLOLOL.

Misti

HealthierMe
03-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Good evening, unfortunately I won'r be contributing any miles today, I've either got strep throat or the flu. Don't worry I'll hang back, I don't want to pass it to all of you.

Well we are at a total of 12.7 miles, we are on the Mass turnpike and heading to our next historic stop Sturbridge, after that it's the Berkshires. Time to change the music :D

BaileySG
03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey all, sorry I am lagging so far behind. I only have 1.5 to report. However, it would be a lot more if I had a pedometer, as I spent the whole day SHOPPING!!!

I will try to catch up soon...

NavyWifeDee
03-25-2006, 07:22 PM
I miss shopping so much... the keys may be beautiful... but it's over 150 miles to the nearest mall, walmart, or target... Aaargh. I go maybe once every 2 months.

On to the real point here.. do rollerblading miles count? If so, I'll be adding some of those as well as my walk tomorrow, as DH and DK's and I all rollerblade a mile or more at least once a weekend (pretty cool when the 4 and 6 year olds are better than mommy, lol).

Dee

Great Job today guys... watch out for cars, and I can't wait to learn about our next stop.

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Oh Chris, I am sorry you got sick on our first day out! Sending hugs! :hug: Don't worry; we will be sure to wait up for you! :)

And Bailey, hey NO need for apologies.. it isn't a contest LOL and I am sure there will be days when all of us lag behind... LOL for me that will probably be tomorrow since I don't do that much walking on Sundays usually.

Oh and I have two more miles

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 3/27
Steps/miles for that time: 5 (Note this includes the 3 I put earier, so 2 more)
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 5

LOL I got excited and posted early... I will post only once a day in future. Don't worry, by the time we get to Seattle I will have my act together. :)

===hurrying to look up Sturbridge===

And Dee... to be honest I missed shopping and nice stores when I lived in Fort Lauderdale, let alone the Keys LOL! Compared to the Seattle metro area there was not much there.

Now on this thread I should NOT tell you about this but my friends and I went to Key West and had a Cheeseburger in Paradise at Margaritaville! Wow it was the best ever. Then we got frozen key lime pie on a stick covered in dark chocolate. We were bad bad bad that week and now I am paying for it by having to walk to Seattle!!! :dance:

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh darn, we just missed the Maple Days Harvest at Sturbridge.. it ended the 26th! Probably just as well as they were giving away free maple candy and stuff... ha! WE don't need THAT!!!!! :nono:

MY thing would have been the art exhibition but that is in April and I can't hang around that long but have to keep walking right on through town!!

Everybody bundle up well tonight as it is only 37 degrees in Sturbridge and we don't want anyone else getting sick!!! :faint:

I decided to hang back a bit and attend church at Metro West Christian Life Center in Marlborough. Apparently it is close to Woodville (hope hope) since it was listed under their list. :) Sounds like a vibrant place and I could use some uplifting input after all the moving on today!

Less of Lena
03-25-2006, 09:04 PM
What do you get when you combine a cloudy, overcast day (like it was in Sturbridge today) with a beautiful, inviting bed and a beckoning pillow (like the ones at the Oliver Wight House in Old Sturbridge Village)?

You get a nap!

Whoops, sorry folks, I was such a slacker today! Best of intentions, not so good on action! I'll be lucky to break 2,000 today, much less 10,000.

((Weather at home should be much better tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a nice walk outside)).

Anyway, Sturbridge is a fantastic place! Old Sturbridge Village is a living museum, a recreation of a typical 1830s town. Lots of buildings to wander through -- homes of the rich and famous (for those days), and homes of the modest and thrifty. Businesses, even places of worship! The docents all roleplay, so you really feel as if you've been physically transported back to the 1830s. They are in costume. It's really neat!

You can eat 1830s-style food, too (it's fabulous!). I haven't a clue about the calorie counts, though!

It's a wonderful time for kids and adults, and you can easily spend hours, if not days poking about! I remember one time when we went, my son played 1830s-style games all day. He even learned stilt-walking and hoop rolling!

Anyway, good job you've all done today! Yahoo!!!

I'll see you tomorrow! And I'll post my paultry little contribution for today!

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Well I just realized we are still about 30 miles away from Sturbridge. I don't know about you but I am TIRED so giving it a rest for the night in the Woodville area! Then I can get a good night's rest and be all fresh for church in the morning. I am still recovering from that breezy parachute drop. Lena, hope you are doing okay with the jet lag.

LadyFirelyght
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I've been a busy girl today, you'll love me in the morning. For now.. *hits the hay*

By the way, Misti, I love the new avatar picture. Great, great smile! :D

BlynC
03-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Wow a NSV's! My first day reaching 10379 steps! wahoo!
Okay this is for Saturday.. I actually was coming home from a friends birthday party..realized that I had 9012 steps and needed to reach 10000. So I asked dh to stop and let me out of the car at 11:50 at night. Of course he thought I was crazy but stopped the car. After I get out I remembered that my trusty pedometer clicks over at Midnight to the next day. So I begin to walk/ run :rofl: my tushie off because I want it to say 10000! Well when I got to my driveway I had 10379 steps and the clock clicked over and I WIN!
Have a great day tomorrow...where are we now? Me Imma gonna pass out:dizzy: ........Blyn

Days that the steps or miles were logged: Saturday
Steps/miles for that time: 10379 Steps
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 10379

NavyWifeDee
03-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Awesome Blyn! Congrats on reaching your 10000. I may have to get a pedometer, as much as I run around with 3 kids and 2 dogs, I must be getting close most days. Hope everyone has a wonderful morning. I slept in this morning, but you'll all see me rollerblading by with my jogging stroller later, :)

Dee

Misti, great new avatar, and wow, it took me awhile to realize that you had changed your name on your title/avatar thingy. Hope that church is wonderful, I may see about dropping in to join you.

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Lydia, sounds as if you have a surprise for us this morning, LOL can't wait!

Blyn, I am cracking up at your determination to get your miles in. LOL I hope your husband stayed nearby in the car while you were running around out there racing the midnight clock!!!

Dee, hope to see you in church! I will be the tall fat chick wearing sneakers. But LOL I should be able to recognize you; there probably won't be too many people there with rollerblades and a stroller! :jig:

Thanks for the compliments on the Avatar... I knew it would be a bit confusing changing the name and Avatar, but I was tired of that old stuff from when I was a "Florida girl." Nothing wrong with being a Florida girl, of course, LOL, but I've been back in the PNW for years now and couldn't stand the sight of that "short hair" look on me any longer!!! :)

Michele L
03-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Woo Hoo!!! I have a new personal step BEST to report!!! :D

Saturday's steps: 19028!!!!!!! (9.5 miles) (That includes the 3 mile WATP I reported earlier) :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Are we reporting steps and keeping a running total, or are we reporting miles? I know we agreed to 2000 steps per mile for consistency. Just wanted to be giving the correct information (and keeping it as un-confusing as possible for everyone).

Happy Sunday!

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo Michele!!! :woo: !!! Look at you go!!! Congratulations! We will be in New York in no time!! LOL

If your pedometer measures miles, or treadmill, that is great too... I just am not about to bother trying to figure out how to program mine so will use the average LOL; and use the miles if I use a treadmill.

That Dee is out there on rollerblades LOL... I am jealous; wish I could do it!! I have thought about buying some and learning!!! I did try it one time when some kids I was with loaned me theirs. And you are still going "under your own steam!"

LOL I decided I had best wait to update my ticker until Chris posts the official totals... otherwise I am going to make a big mess out of it!!! :(

HealthierMe
03-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Give yourselves all a big pat on the back. Collectively we walked 25.7 miles. I am posting eveyone's total reported below. i think that I've got it right but just correct me if I messed up.

BlynC- 5 miles
Bailey- 1.5 miles
Misti in Seattle - 5 miles
Dee- 1.5 miles
Jayde 3.2 miles
Michelle - 9.5 miles (wow, if you keep posting those kind of totals, perhaps you could log all 3,066 miles by yourself:) )

Great job everyone, so glad you all got to see a bit of my little town. :carrot:

LadyFirelyght
03-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Alright girls, it's morning! Time to report my miles for Saturday.

*drumroll* 3.36! I wanted to do more, but I realized that it was midnight and my pedometer had reset :rofl:

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 10:25 AM
WOW! I am impressed! This group might actually "force" me to consider getting off of my butt on Sunday afternoon and logging in some miles.

LOL Michele... you just MIGHT make it to Seattle all by yourself!! :)

That is interesting that your pedometers reset themselves at midnight!!!! Are those the Omrons???

BlynC
03-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Misty: Yes mine is an Omron. I just got it about a week ago. I LOVE it! I have had several others but this one is great! Off to walk...see ya later.

Blyn :)

Michele L
03-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, the Omron has a clock and resets itself at midnight. That is one of the many features I love about it. I don't know the difference between the HJ105 and HJ112, but I LOVE my 112! It was just under $20 at Walmart, but you have to look in the pharmacy area of the store. The ones they have in the sporting goods area are mostly sportline and I haven't had much luck with accuracy with those.

My old one was an Oregon Scientific and I loved it, too. It was pretty accurate and it had a built-in radio (it came with earphones). It was about $20 also, but the clip was not designed very well (it just slipped over my belt). As it got used, it stretched wider until it was so weak, it just snapped. I much prefer the ones with the pincher-style clip. The key is finding one that is ACCURATE for your lifestyle. I wear mine from the minute I get out of bed (I clip it to my robe) until I go to bed. The only steps it doesn't get are the ones from those middle of the night bathroom runs. I have measured how many steps that is and I add that many on when I total for the day (yes, I'm that anal about how many steps I walk!).

Anyway...I've been on the computer long enough this morning! I MUST go do some chores AND walk!

Check back with you ladies later!

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I am glad I did not buy the HJ-105 -- I am checking it out and it is a "standard" model and does not have the neat features of the 112!

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi Michele and thanks for the info. My OS does not have a radio and the clip is SO tight I have a hard time getting it onto my pants but then it does not fall off. But yesterday it actually took me at least 5 minutes to get the thing ON there! I never thought of attaching it to my nightshirt at hip level... will give that a try! I guess I am going to have to take a trip to Walmart! But I was just looking on eBay and there are some great deals there too so maybe I will bid on one. It would be good to have a spare anyway before I go on the cruise... I would be REALLY upset if something happened to mine and I could not get another one esp. with all that walking I plan to do LOL. Have to head off to church and then I think all of you have shamed...er I mean inspired :) me... to go out walking LOL

Heather
03-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone! I hope it's okay that I just joined the challenge. I posted my info in the sign-up thread, but to summarize live outside Chicago.

I don't have a pedometer, but walked on the treadmill yesterday (1.5 mi) and today (2.0 mi), for a total of 3.5 miles!

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 11:03 AM
WWWoooo hooooo :welcome3: Wyllen! Great having you! Thanks for adding the miles! We are off to a fantastic start with 15 people yay!!!!!

HealthierMe
03-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Welcome Wyllenn, glad to have you along for the walk.

I just found the infamous Omron HJ-112 on Amazon for $19.99 with free shipping, plus if you link through this site 3FC will get a portion of the sale.

Less of Lena
03-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Good morning, good morning, good Sunday morning, everybody!!!

:welcome: Wyllen! I'm so glad you decided to jump on in here! This is a great party! You're really off to a great start, too! I've travelled I-90 a lot, too, driving back and forth from Boston to various points in the Mid-West and back! I'd love, one day, to do the other half and head on out to the West Coast! Glad we're doing it virtually now!

I'm another HJ-112 fan -- have loved it since the moment I got it out of the box! Feel naked if it's not in my pocket. Sadly for me, I wasn't nearly as lucky on the price as some of you were (I paid $35) but it still was worth every penny!

Misti, you continue to amaze me with all your walking. You're aces!

Wow wow wow, Michele, 19K steps!!! Amazing!!!

And look at Lydia go!!! Over 3 miles, you are fantastic, lady!

Whoops, there goes Dee, zooming about on her blades! Go, Dee, go!

As for me, I just barely missed the mile... 1,919 steps :o . But today is another day, it's supposed to get wayyyyyy up to maybe 45 degrees and it's sunny, so I will probably be enticed outdoors for a bit of a stroll!

Great job, everyone! I'm so happy to see this project take off!!! Wheeeee!

Heather
03-26-2006, 12:04 PM
I just ordered the HJ-112 from Amazon! This thread was just the incentive I needed -- been thinking about a pedo for a while!

NavyWifeDee
03-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Welcome wyllenn! This is great fun, I had actually gotten very lax about posting, and not very motivated, but decided a couple of days ago to move up my marathon to one that is run near my hometown on Thanksgiving weekend, so I have to get going. This is such a good kick in the rear for me, and informational and inspirational too. Hope you enjoy the trip as much as I am. Thanks to all you ladies for getting me back off my bottom and on my feet. Unfortunately, I have to go do some housework now before I can zoom around on my blades, but see you all on the road this afternoon!

BlynC
03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Whew...just got back and I went for a 2.5 mile walk ...but hang on hope to have my 10000 steps in today! ......Welcome Wyllenn you will love your new pedo. I absolutely love mine and Im with you Michele I clip it on my undies the moment I get out of bed. Don't know how I walked without it!..Really works to motivate me to move a lot more....bye for now! blyn

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Wow I went to Walmart and they didn't have it! I would order from Amazon but I don't think they take PayPal. I couldn't find any info that they do.

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 03:14 PM
As for me, I just barely missed the mile... 1,919 steps :o .

Yes but you already have most of one to count toward the next day's postings!!! :carrot:

Heather
03-26-2006, 03:22 PM
dee -- are you running an actual, honest to god, 26+ mile marathon? if so, have you done one before?

Michele L
03-26-2006, 04:12 PM
I'll post my totals tomorrow, but I had to come tell you that I did 3 miles of WATP today! I'm at about 8000 steps so far. Hubby just called and he'll be home earlier than expected, so that means I have to COOK tonight!

Right now, it's off to the showers and then to the kitchen!

Jayde
03-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Welcome Wyllenn!!!! I don’t have a pedometer either but log treadmill miles.. Let me know how you like your pedometer when it arrives. The treadmill and I are becoming friends again.. It’s not yet a mutual love situation.. I don’t trust it.. and I am sure it wishes it could tell me to lose some weight! 

Michele, WOW…. You’ve helped us get off to a great start!

Chris, I hope you are feeling better. Try a cup of fresh ginger tea. I’d make it for you if I could.

Blyn, after reading your enthusiasm to log in more miles after the party and one by Misti about her walk with new sneakers I’m beginning to find some energy deep down to get me off my … you know….

Misti- changing the avatar and name confused me for a bit… your smile is full energy. I like it.

Lydia- more than 3 miles!… good for you.. where were you when I needed someone to walk a few more miles for me to get to Hopedale, huh!? 

I am not pleased with my attitude today. I decided to take a day of rest and stay off the mill...thinking it would be good for my legs to rest up.... but late this morning I found myself enjoying the rest too much.. and then getting worried that I would eek another day of rest in tomorrow when my routine changes.. (I've been on vacation.. tomorrow I go back to work). The only way I can possibly get through this is to get on the treadmill and work in a couple of miles.. perhaps until I make this a non-negotiable routine my day of rest will have to be a day of just taking it a little easier than usual.. like not using the incline and only doing a mile or two...

The only way I can mend my self esteem and not be worried is to get up and do it.. I guess I'll be back in a bit to log in a mile or two..

I'll feel better then..

Ciarra
03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi, I just posted my information on the challenge thread. I'm in Texas, but I walk a lot. Hope I can add a few miles for the group.
Saturday night: 1 mile
Sunday afternoon: 2 miles.
Hopefully ...
I can add some more tommorrow!

iowasteph2
03-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi, ladies. I'm just joining you as well. I also posted on the intro thread, but here's a brief intro...I'm Stephanie. I currently live in Iowa. I use to live along I90 in Wisconsin, so I'll chime in when we get to that area.

Way to go everybody!!

I walked 3 miles today.

HealthierMe
03-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Jayde I wish you could make me a cup of tea, too, LOL. Thanks for all the well wishes, I am starting to feel better now that I have a day of antibiotics in me (it was strep throat, ughh) I so missed walking with you all this weekend, talk about bad timing:(

I am going to have to walk double time once I feel better to catch up with all of you.

I will post totals later today, and locate our new position.

Since Misti mentioned Auburn in her signature, I'll share that the Auburn mall has an "As seen on TV" store so you can buy all that stuff from the infomercials without paying shipping. I've stayed far away because I probably would walk out with 10 things:o

..and welcome Ciarra and Stephanie, I hope I haven't missed anyone. Glad that you've joined us and please do share the history when we get to those areas on the route! Welocme to Annie, I can't wait to try that swappucino recipe that you posted, yumm.

Wyllen, I just know we are going to love those new pedometers, I can't wait to get mine.

Misti, I hope you enjoyed the local church service this morning.

Have a great Sunday!

Odaley
03-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi, all--

It was beautiful out today, albeit windy. However, it was time for me to explore the new area I live in. I dragged my husband along and we did 4.4K which equates to 2.73 miles.

NavyWifeDee
03-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Yes, I'm hoping to whip myself into shape for an actual honest to god 26.2. but if not, I will do the 1/2. No I haven't run one before, but I used to be quite a dedicated runner, and am finding my inner fitness nut again. I've also got everyone and their brother telling me I can't do it, except my husband and his dad(who used to be a very competitive marathoner), who actually think I can. I'm actually having some progress on the heel pain today, so may be able to run tomorrow as opposed to walking. But here's my schedule. from now until Father's day, I will be walking/running 3-4 miles in the mornings at least 5 days a week, doing a video workout (biggest loser) in the afternoon, and running the 2 miles home from work on the days I work.. so I'll definitely be logging in some miles to help us all get across the country. I start actual marathon training June 18, with the marathon being Nov 25.

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Yay, welcome Ciarra and Stephanie!! Glad you joined us!!

Sorry about confusing everyone with the new name and Avatar! I was planning to change the name first from that old old one that I never use anymore and then wait to do the picture... but I just could not stand to look at that horrid photo another minute!! :)

And hey yes, Chris, the service was great!!! :) It was great to meet up with Dee there too!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just walked 4 or 5 miles, plus was at church, the store, etc... and my pedometer shows 3000 steps! Darn darn darn this is the FIFTH decently priced ped that doesn't work! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I thought it was strange yesterday when I walked a regular route and expected to be really close to or over 10,000 -- and it only showed 7xxx. Anyway until I can get another one I will walk familiar routes that I pretty well know what the mileage is. And for today I will count 6 miles as I know I got at least that.

Hope you are all having a great Sunday, and so glad to have the new ones on the team!

NavyWifeDee
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Well guys, i'm done for the day, time to get dinner for the kiddies. But here are my miles.

1.5 on the blades
1 running around the block twice with the doggies. would have only done a half mile, but have to take each around once, or the other pouts.

hope everyone had/has a great sunday, and can't wait to see where we made it to today!

Dee

Jayde
03-26-2006, 06:52 PM
The mill and I played nice... 3.3 miles.. at my regular 1-6% incline.

The last mile and a half was at a snail's pace of 2.4 mph.

I do feel better. I think a day of taking it easier will be better than a day of rest.

NavyWifeDee
03-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Great job on the mill, Jayde!

HealthierMe
03-26-2006, 07:23 PM
We are trucking!

Here is what I have so far for today (again let me know if I missed anyone, it certainly wouldn't be on purpose)

Lydia- 3.36 miles
Wyllen- 3.5 miles
Blyn -2.5 miles now don't go walking around at midnight by yourself 2nite:)
Michele- 4 miles
Ciarra - 3 miles
Odaley- 2.73 miles
Stephanie- 3 miles
Dee- 2.5 miles
Jayde - 3.3 miles
Misti- 6 miles

for a total of 33.89, add that to yesterday, drumroll please 59.59 miles (cool number, eh)

Keep up the great work!

spcdcider
03-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Sorry for not posting yesterday. I finished 3 miles before tearing up my shoulder. Laid up today so not many steps, sorry. Way to go everyone.
Kathy

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Great job, everybody!!! Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

:welcome3: to Annie!!! Glad you are joining us.

Kathy, sorry you are laid up but just take care of yourself and don't worry; we will make sure you catch up with us before we get too far west!

Chris -- wow that is great about the totals! Yippee... we are moving!!!

Does this mean we are near Oxford???

Wow only 7 more miles and we will be under 3000!

Apple Blossom
03-26-2006, 08:09 PM
I can finally post a little milage. I went for a hike today and I can kick in 2 miles...

HealthierMe
03-26-2006, 08:29 PM
with spcdcider and apple blossom (heh , cider and apples) miles we are at 64.59 woohoo:carrot:

Now, I thought I was pretty familiar with Massachusetts, but while looking up our current locale, I learned something new. I found a town right off rte 90 called, get this, "Little Rest" I wish I had realized sooner, it would have been a great planned rest stop. LOL

We are past Oxford, past Sturbridge and trucking toward Springfield, home of the Basketball Hall of fame (nice tie-in for March)

I am starting to feel like myself, and will be joining all of you tomorrow.

Hello to everyone, you ladies are great, can't wait to join you.

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the update, Chris! LOL yah Little Rest would have been a great place for a rest stop! I am excited too that we have so many people joining in already and this is only our second day! :cp: By the time we get to Seattle I may have to rent a cyberhall for the party so there is room for everyone!! :dizzy:

LOL good point about cider and apple! Sounds like people from WA state LOL. Perhaps we can have some apple cider along the way to give us pep!!! It is nice and healthful which is of course important to all of us!! :hat:

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Hope I didn't miss anyone! If so please speak up so we can get everyone accounted for. Don't want to leave anyone behind back in Sturbridge! :)

1. Chris- Hopedale MA
2. Lena - Midwest USA
3. Michele - Iowa
4. Jayde - West of the Atlantic
5. Lydia - San Antonio TX
6. Kathy - ?
7. Bailey - MA
8. No Spring Chick - ?
9. Apple Blossom - Sacramento CA
10. Dee - Florida Keys
11. Lala - Central Florida
12. Misti - Seattle WA
13. Odaley - Canada
14. Blyn - South Dakota
15. Wyllen - Near Chicago
16. Ciarra - Texas
17. Stephanie - Iowa
18. Kathy - Delaware
19. Annie - ?

AnnieFannie
03-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcomes. I just wanted to quickly posted my miles for the day. I walked 4 miles. I am hoping to get in another 4 tomorrow. This is going to be so much fun walking. Night all.

Annie

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2006, 11:57 PM
That's great, Annie.. thanks for helping us move on down the road a bit! You just put us under the 3000 mark, yay!!! I love your Avatar LOL

NavyWifeDee
03-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Woo hoo.... I didn't do too much this morning, but the heel is feeling better, so I'm thinking the stretches and rolling it on a ball are helping, thank goodness. I'd hate for someone to have to drag me across the country :) . I did 1.5 miles, and don't know if I'll be adding more throughout the day, but will give a total tonight. Hope everyone has a great morning, and looking forward to Springfield.

Dee

Jayde
03-27-2006, 06:33 AM
I woke up early to exercise. ... but didn't. But I will after work.

spcdcider
03-27-2006, 07:28 AM
I see a question mark on my location, Delaware is where I am. I am going to put a sling on and at least get 3 miles in today. This challenge began with my decision to make changes in my life and not going to let this stop me. Kathy

Michele L
03-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Sunday's miles: 4.5

I spent much of the day putzing around the house, but I did do 3 miles of WATP. Hoping for more today. I only need 55 minutes to hit 1000 for the month! That's my next goal. Then it's onto breaking my 2005 miles (I only need 25.45 miles) AND getting to a MILLION steps. I'm shooting for Easter for those. I can't believe I actually have exercise goals that I am achieving!!!

Have a great Monday!

Misti in Seattle
03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Sounds as if everyone is off to a great Monday start! Thanks for clarifying the location, Kathy! Hope you do okay with that sling on!! Dee and Jayde, glad you are up and at 'em!! And Michele, wow, you are doing great on the walking.

I am disappointed today that no pedometer. <sigh> But at work I will stay on my regular "path" instead of wandering so I kind of pretty much know how many steps it is.

Heather
03-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Dee -- Wow! Marathon! You and YP (Helen) should hook up if you haven't already! You'll get tons of support here!

As for our location. Somewhat north of 90 a bit east of Springfield is Mt Holyoke College, my alma mater! Founded in 1838, it is the oldest continuing college for women in the country! The campus is simply gorgeous, especially in the fall. Mt. Holyoke is part of a 5 college consortium with other local colleges: UMass, Amherst, Hampshire and Smith. The 5 colleges are all located in what we used to refer to as "Happy Valley" -- I miss the beauty of the place!!

LadyFirelyght
03-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi ladies, not much to contribute for Sunday. Just 1.88 miles. Don't worry, though! I'm going to find a show to watch this afternoon and walk in place during it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the Couch to 5K challenge until I get a treadmill because the weather is so wonky this time of year. One day it's hot, the next day it's cold and raining. The next day it's 42 in the sun. The next day it's 87 in the shade. Way too unpredictable to set a workout around it.

Less of Lena
03-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Man, you folks start early! Woohoo!!!

I was able to get a bit more in gear yesterday, so I'm going to combine my Saturday and Sunday totals for my contribution. Here we go (I hope rounding to the nearest .50 miles is ok :) ) :

Date(s): Sat/Sun, March 25/26

Miles walked: 3.50

Total contributed: 3.50

I hear you, Lydia, about wonky weather. Yesterday here it was 45ish and sunny. This afternoon, we may get snow showers. So goes March! I'm sorry it's making problems for your C25K program, though. I know you were looking forward to jumping right in there! Soon, I hope!

You're right, Wyllen, the area around Springfield is stunning, especially in the fall!

Ciarra
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Today: 4 miles!

cagirlygirl
03-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

I just went and signed up on your sticky. I'd love to join y'all if you don't mind. This will be fun. The only way I've ever crossed the country is in an airplane. A virtual walking tour sounds like just the ticket. ;)

Anyway, I did 2 miles this morning.

cheers! :hat:
paula

BlynC
03-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Whoops...I forgot to post last night.
Days that the steps or miles were logged: Sunday 3/26
Steps/miles for that time: 6450 steps
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: ?
Sorry I'm so late posting ...
Will have more miles tonight! See ya then!...Blyn

Less of Lena
03-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry, ladies. I think I'm going to have to drop out. You're all posting more miles per day than I can manage. You've got miles... MILES... in before I've even awakened for the day. 5... 6... 7 miles by 5am -- it's just way too much for me.

I know it's a collaborative effort but I don't think I can pull my weight with this group. I also can't keep up all with the posting. I don't know how you all do it and all before 5am. I am so not a morning person.

I'm feeling too much pressure to do more than I feel capable of. To do more than I *want* to do. I know it's internally-created pressure, but it's pressure nonetheless. Pressure is something I don't want, because I know how I am. If I feel too much pressure, I'll burn out and then I just won't do anything at all.

So, I wish you all the best of luck and I'll just do my little bits of casual walking on my own at my leisurely pace. Have fun!

Odaley
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Lena, you shouldn't go. I'm sure that it isn't a big deal that you don't do as much as the other people. I know some people here wear a pedometer and post their daily mileage. I'm starting the Couch to 5K and going to post that. I used to be a runner, but had to take a few years off. Believe me, my mileage isn't anywhere near what it used to be. No matter how much (or little!) I do, I'm using this as a motivator to get off my butt and out there, supplimenting my other workouts. I'm sure no one has a problem if you contribute 1 or 10 miles a week. I know I don't.

Odaley
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I clocked 3.5 miles jog/walk this morning. It was nice here, but windy again. I'm not used to this Canadian prairie winds. If anything, it gets me moving faster to get my butt indoors. :)

start8
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I think 2640 steps per mile is more accurate than 2000 as the average female walking stride is 2 feet.

start8
03-27-2006, 04:26 PM
USING YOUR HEIGHT TO CALCULATE STRIDE these are rough estimates:

Individuals will have various strides, but this is one way to measure estimated stride length by your sex and height.

Females: your height in inches x .413 equals your stride length

Males: your height in inches x .415 equals your stride length

Examples

Male: 6’0” ft. = 72inches x .415 = 29.88 or 30 inches (rounded)

Female: 5’ 7”ft. = 67 inches x .413 = 27.67 or 28 inches (rounded)

Female 5’ 4”ft. = 64 inches x .413 = 26.43 or 27 inches (rounded)

How to calculate stride using your pedometer:

Using the examples above, i.e. 30 inch stride, you will need to convert that to feet to enter into the pedometer, as it uses feet or centimeters. Since many people are more comfortable using the standard vs. metrics measures:

Male: 30 divided by 12 (inches) = 2.5 feet as rough average stride length. You enter 2.5 feet

Female: 27 inches divided by 12 (inches) = 2.25 feet as rough stride length. You enter 2.25 feet

Female: 28 inches divided by 12 (inches) = 2.33 feet as rough stride length. You enter 2.33 feet

To calculate # of steps per mile:

5,280 (feet in a mile) divide by your stride length in feet.

Using the two examples above:

Male: 5280 divided by 2.5 = 2112 strides per mile

Female: 5280 divided by 2.25 = 2346 strides per mile

Please check your pedometer settings periodically and adjust as needed.

LadyFirelyght
03-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh Lena, don't go! You're not the only one who's not even awake before most of the others have miles in. I haven't even gotten a mile in yet today :p Don't be discouraged! You and me can hang back while the others are up front. Slow and steady wins the race, eh? :D

Heather
03-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Lena -- I 4th the don't leave! I'm not going to be able to log as many miles either-- I'm doing it for the comraderie! A way to make the walking more fun -- something to think about WHY I'm walking!!

Apple Blossom
03-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Lena, every mile counts! I just don't have the time to walk very far everyday, but it's fun to follow the trip and help move it along even a tiny bit...
Today I can add 3 miles, but I totally blew off housework just to do it..my norm will probably be 2 miles.
Misti, I USED to live in Seattle! I drove along the 90 to the 82 frequently to visit my husband in eastern Oregon. (long story)
I went to college in Buffalo, so I'm looking forward to that part of our trip too!

HealthierMe
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry to have been slacking today, I am not up to full speed again quite yet. I didn't get a chance to check in before work and can't log in there either. I actually have to run, bit wanted to say HI! I'll post totals later today, unless one of you ladies can't stand the suspense and wants to tally. Chat with you in a few hours, after the little one is sleeping.

NavyWifeDee
03-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh, please don't leave! Every bit counts, and I'm not doing too much either. The only reason I am up at 5am is that it is the only time of day that I have just for me. I have 3 kids, 2 dogs and a navy hubby. I sometimes would rather do anything than get up, but it is my only time just to myself with only my MP3 player for company. Don't let your mind pressure you. I know that it happens like that, but no matter how much you do, it'll be a great trip, and we won't leave you behind.

Dee

Misti in Seattle
03-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Lena... no no no, please don't go! It isn't a matter of how MANY miles you get and we certainly don't want anyone overpressured! And if the posting is too much it is fine if you just post once a week or whenever you feel you can. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa please don't leave us!!! :cry:

And Lydia, no you don't have to hang back nor does Lena. :) It is our TOGETHER mileage we are going by. We need people to feel welcome here if they just get a few steps when they can!! It's NOT a race!

Lena you CAN'T go... we will send a cyberposse after you LOL. And we have enough walking to do without having to get on our cyberhorses to chase anyone down!!! If you leave this is what I will do!! :tantrum:

Misti in Seattle
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Welcome to Paula and Smart!!! Yay good to have you here!! :welcome3:

Smart, thanks for the data. We do realize that people walk at different strides but a LOT of us don't want to do all the calculations, program our pedometers if we have them, etc. I'm one of them LOL... my pedometer would measure my personal stride length but no way on earth am I going to get out there and measure it and try to program it in LOL... It is FINE for those who want to do that; but we all agreed that for others we would use the 2000 steps per mile. It isn't meant to be a scientific calculation; just fun!! :dancer:

Great that you have joined us!!

And Paula -- yay another West Coaster here!!! So glad you signed up and will get to see the country with a closer view than in the air. :cp:

Heather
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I walked 1.6 miles on the treadmill today, so I'll count that!

Misti in Seattle
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Well I took my ped back to the store today and they replaced it so I can update. However, since I have decided to keep it on until I go to bed and I am on the West Coast, mine will not be "up" until late.

BlynC
03-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Lena...please stay...you are an inspiration and the reason that I came over here to the coast to coast challenge. I myself do not get anything in the morning. No time before work...so post when you can and walk when you can....

Today: Monday 3/27
steps/mileage: 10020 steps! yea!
total to date: no clue

Thanks see ya'll tomorrow..
Happy Walking!:D

Misti in Seattle
03-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Today I got 6.5 miles... whew

Jayde
03-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Yesterday afternoon.. 3.2 miles on the treadmill... usual incline intervals.. I am working out my schedule .. I plan on waking up early (whether I exercise in the morning or not), eating a healthy breakfast and bringing a nice lunch to work.. above all to take care of myself every way that I can..

Lena!! I followed you into the sign-up challenge thread.. You are credited for getting me of my *** and onto the treadmill.. I am serious....

Now you are going to drop? None of us want you to go or stay because you feel pressured.. but I want you to know that the whole idea of a group challenge is why I joined up. I knew that people wouldn't be concerned about how many miles I was doing.. but how many we had accumulated and how they were doing against their own personal goals.

My legs are just now not feeling sore. I know I overdid it for a few days but I was just so excited an inspired. I don't know what it was about you and this challenge.. but I owe this burst of energy and conscious effort to do something about my health to this challenge and you. I know the rest is up to me... but you got me started...

Lena.. if you do decide to drop anyway because it is too much.. I still want to be a friend.. Please hang around close by..

Jayde

Michele L
03-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Monday's mileage: 5 miles

I barely made 10000 steps yesterday. I HAVE to bump it up if I want to hit my million by Easter!

Happy Tuesday!

PS: Lena--I hope you stay! We can use whatever steps you can add AND we want to get to know you along the way!

dalai_lala
03-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Okay, sorry I'm late... I've got my pedometer set up, I think, but I'm still confuzzled about the steps/miles thing. According to the instructions that came with my ped I have a very short stride and 5000 steps is a mile for me (going left-right-left). Hmmm... well, it also calculates milage, so starting today I'll start jotting that down instead of # of steps to make it easier for our walk leaders to add up. So, here goes:

Date: 3/26
Miles: 1 mile

Date: 3/27
Miles: 3 miles

Total so far: 4 miles

Not too bad for a chronic couch potato!

-Lala

start8
03-28-2006, 09:32 AM
I had 15,000 steps yesterday which is 6 miles for me so it was a good Monday.

Misti in Seattle
03-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi Start... yah you did great!!! Congratulations

Lala, nice going for you too!!!

There won't be much for me today!!! I woke up with the crud so it is going to be a very light easy day!

LadyFirelyght
03-28-2006, 10:08 AM
My contribution for Monday wasn't too swell... only 1.28 miles! There's a reason for that, though. I just got a brand new game that I've been wanting for awhile and I literally played it ALL DAY LONG. I had a blast, but today I've promised myself that I won't be playing it at all until after I've exercised for at least an hour. Talk about motivation :D

Hrm, I just realized that I haven't been keeping with the format I'm supposed to. A day late and a dollar short, hahaha.

Steps/miles for that time: 1.28 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 6.52 miles

AnnieFannie
03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm a little late with contribution as well. Better late than never. I only got in 2 miles of walking yesterday. I really need to get me a pedometer so I can count the steps I chase after my daughter that would add up to alot. Anyways, this is really fun.

Steps/miles for that time: 2 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 6 miles

Misti in Seattle
03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Lydia, great motivation... that would sure do it for ME LOL!

And for sure, Annie... you must get a BUNCH of steps in chasing after your daughter LOL

spcdcider
03-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Ok I am slow also with this darned shoulder. I only got in 1.5 miles, that is for the entire day. I hope to do better today. Lena I hope you have read this forum and stay with the group I need someone with me to lead up the back of the pack. Kathy

cagirlygirl
03-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I ran 2 miles this morning - speed work for me today. If I can cut another 1:12 off my time, I'll be running sub 10 minute miles. Woo! :D

Happy walking, everyone!

Cheers! :hat:
paula

Misti in Seattle
03-28-2006, 02:57 PM
LOL I could not believe it... the new replacement ped I got yesterday stopped working today! I am going to try to return it to the store for credit but not sure since I don't have the receipt. Drat! :) I just ordered the nice Omron one from Amazon but guess I am without until it comes. <sigh>

Apple Blossom
03-28-2006, 04:16 PM
3-28.....2.5 miles.....5.5 miles total

LadyFirelyght
03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
LOL I could not believe it... the new replacement ped I got yesterday stopped working today! I am going to try to return it to the store for credit but not sure since I don't have the receipt. Drat! :) I just ordered the nice Omron one from Amazon but guess I am without until it comes. <sigh>

You seem to be having very bad luck with your pedometers, Misti! Hopefully your Omron will last you a long time. You got the HJ-112 model, right? I absolutely love mine. And I've had no more scratches ever since I put clear tape on mine!

Misti in Seattle
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi Lydia

Yes I cannot believe it! The first one I got at Best Buy and it didn't last a day. Then I bought 3 different Sportsmasters -- not one of them lasted longer than a month or so and the last one a couple days (the store swapped two of them but they still didn't work is why I had three). Then I bought an Oregon Scientific and it lasted two weeks; I swapped it and put the new on on this morning and walked to the store and back; it showed 20 steps. <sigh> All of these have been $20-30 peds.

Yes I ordered the Omron HJ-112!! Sure hope it works as this is really getting ridiculous.

HealthierMe
03-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone-
sorry I didn't update yesterday when I tried to hop back on last night my server was down, and I didn't have a chance this morning.

First, let me say LENA, "don't gooo, don't go away", don't make me sing, I'll do it and it won't be pretty - fair warning.

Seriously though, this is not meant to be a competition, it's meant to be a fun way to log our miles and chat.

Anyway the new total is 134.55, too many entries to list individually this time. I will report back shortly with the new cyberlocation.

HealthierMe
03-28-2006, 08:56 PM
According to mapquest we are now around Chatham, NY. Goodbye Massachusetts, I'll be back soon.

We are heading toward Schenectady, don't know exactly what's there, though I've heard it mentioned a lot, but think it's a funky name. off to do some research. Have a great night :)

NavyWifeDee
03-28-2006, 10:04 PM
No miles for me today, and no really good reason, except that I was LAZY. I didn't do housework or anything today. I need a good kick in the rump, so I guess I'll have hubby give me one to get me out of bed tomorrow morning, lol. Just wanted to say good job to everyone though. We'll be across the country so fast at this pace. Have a great night everyone, and I'll be back on track again tomorrow.

Misti in Seattle
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Well LOL my stupid ped broke again after ONE day but I was home sick and didn't do much. I did walk down to the store so I think overall I got at least 1.5 miles.

LOL Chris, I was going to redecorate my ticker at Springfield MA and here we are past it and into NY... Yay!

Jayde
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Dee.. you need a swift kick in the rump? I'll do it for you.. no charge! :D

1.6 miles on the treadmill today. I was out of time so that is all I could manage.. I had to go fast.. 3.5mph-4.5mph.. 1-6% inclines. Actually if I hadn't procrastinated I would have had time.. So .. maybe I need the kick in the rump. ;)

So we are in NY... great! Making lots of progress.. every step counts. :)

Misti in Seattle
03-28-2006, 10:34 PM
LOL well I was a slug today too but I don't want any kicks in the rump; I do that quite well to myself. I think we have all been keeping up an incredible pace so far and deserve a slow day now and then!! puff puff puff :woo:

BaileySG
03-29-2006, 04:32 AM
Sorry I haven't had a chance to pop by here...

Sunday = 2.5 miles
Monday = 1.5 miles
Tuesday = big fat 0

Michele L
03-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Tuesday's miles: 6.25

Sorry I haven't had more time to chat! I AM reading everyone's posts, but ending one term and starting the new one has kept me SUPER busy! I am hoping thngs fall back into a pace that is more manageable SOON!

Yay, it's Wednesday!

dalai_lala
03-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Yesterday was a big butt sitting in the chair day for me.... bad lala! :devil:

Date: 3/28
Miles: 1.6
Personal Total: 5.6

Today should be better, it's a school day and I am scheduled to do the two mile campus walk with my friend, plus my running in place when I get around to my morning exercise.

Happy Wednesday!

-Lala

LadyFirelyght
03-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 3/28
Steps/miles for that time: 2.74 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 9.26 miles

Yesterday was quite a good day for me, exercise-wise. I did walking, aerobics, AND calisthenics. I rewarded myself at the end of the night (mostly because I needed more calories to hit my low-number) with a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. It was delicious, but I think it combined with all the other foods I ate yesterday are NOT agreeing with each other in my tummy. It's been rumbling all morning.

AnnieFannie
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Ok.. I was a bum yesterday. I was busy on the phone trying to get utilities set up with appointments for us moving into an apartment. I'm living with my parents right now plus hubby and almost 4 yr daughter. Finally, we are moving out. It's so stressful trying to get everything hooked up. Here a deposit, there a deposit. Man, I'll be glad when it's over. :)

Here's my totals for yesterday. I'll be better today. I have lots of running around to do.

Steps/miles for that time: 1.5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 7.5 miles

BlynC
03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Good Morning All!

I had a great day yesterday! My biggest yet on my pedo! 11,148 steps!

Steps/miles for that time: 11,148 = 5.57 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 37,967 steps = 19 miles is that right?...whew...no wonder my calves are sore!...:lol

Have a great moving day! Blyn:D

BlynC
03-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Misty: I have the omron hj 112 and I absolutely love it! I know its been talked about before on here. I had purchased and returned several other pedo's and I have not been disapointed by this one at all. I got mine on ebay and I only paid 23.00 including shipping....very worth it!

Blyn:running:

start8
03-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Yesterday was 13500 steps so I can add in another 5 miles.

So Monday 6 miles plus 1 hour of Taekwondo

and Tuesday 5 miles plus 1 hour of Taekwondo.

start8
03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey Misti-

This might should weird but you might have chemical in you skins that disturbs the mechanics of the ped. A good friends of might carries a high amount of some mineral in her skin that interfers with watches. No matter what, they break after a month and her skin eats gold so its only platnium for her. Her doctor ran some test and I think she had a really high amount of alklines that's not harmful she just can't wear gold or small mechnics.

iowasteph2
03-29-2006, 07:25 PM
3 more miles to add (I just ran two miles and walked one!). This group is amazing!! I can't believe how much some of you walk. This is great!

Heather
03-29-2006, 08:19 PM
I have 2 miles to add for today!

AnnieFannie
03-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I've got 2.5 miles to add to today's total. I wanted to get out there because I don't know if I'll get much walking done tomorrow. We're supposed to have some thunderstorms. I don't have a pedometer so I can't really do my inside walking. Maybe my mom has one laying around the house. Anyways, this is really great. I'm so glad I joined.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 3/29
Steps/miles for that time: 2.5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 10 miles

NavyWifeDee
03-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I don't have any miles to add, this heel thing is really kicking my rear, but I will be back out there tomorrow morning. I did actually work out today, but no walking/running/blading to add.. Great job everyone! I hope that I can add at least a mile or two tomorrow.

Dee

Misti in Seattle
03-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Great job, everyone

Days that the steps or miles were logged: Weds, 3/29
Steps/miles for that time: 5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: Lost track LOL; will have to figure them up when not sick :)

Blyn, I just ordered the Omron HJ-112 from Amazon... got it for $25 including shipping. I was going to get it off eBay but for some reason they are saying my password is bad (it isn't) and the Help section couldn't respond for 24 hours sheesh!

Start, wow I hope that is not the case with my not being able to use a pedometer! I do have allergies to metal and can't wear much regular jewelry at all. Hopefully the Omron will solve the problem!

And LOL Stephanie, yah this group is on the move!!! :)

Greetings to all... I would respond individually but have a bad case of the crud LOL.

Misti in Seattle
03-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi Dee and everyone... again :)

Hey I think it is normal if our mileage starts to slow down a bit... LOL we kicked this thing off at an "insane" pace LOL. I couldn't believe I managed to do my walking today even though I felt so bad! At lunch I walked to Home Depot and got a "broomstick" for a pole to do my exercises with.

I also found a horrible picture that someone took of me a while back that I am saving for a "before" picture although I don't know I will ever get the nerve to post it LOL. Also, I thought of one friend I can get to take pictures of me on a monthly basis or so, so I can have progress pix. I am not embarrassed to ask her to do it! :)

cagirlygirl
03-30-2006, 01:48 AM
2 more miles today - walking this time. :D

is there a particular format I should be using to record this? just checkin'... I went back and read lots of the posts but maybe I missed something?

hope y'all have a great day tomorrow!

paula

Misti in Seattle
03-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Hi Paula

Here is the format Chris asked us to use (see first message in the thread)

Please use this format:
Days that the steps or miles were logged:
Steps/miles for that time:
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge:

I noticed I had not been doing it too so am trying to remember, to make it easier for her to keep score!! :)

NavyWifeDee
03-30-2006, 06:25 AM
I definitely did better today. I actually got up a bit before 5 and let the doggies out, and then walked 2 miles. That will be all that I get in today, as I am going to do my BL workout, and my kids have hockey practice tonight. So:

Days that miles were logged: 3/30
# of miles: 2
# of miles in challenge so far... Hmmm, i don't know

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Dee

Jayde
03-30-2006, 07:18 AM
I didn't walk on the mill yesterday but attended my yoga class. I'll log some miles in this afternoon.

I am feeling great.. both inside and out.

Later ladies.

Jayde
03-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Dee, is your walking that early in the morning on the mill or outside?

Michele L
03-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Date: 3/29
Miles: 7.5 miles
TOTAL: 32.75

Sorry I haven't been using this format. I must have missed that note, too! I will TRY to remember for the future!

I hit my 1000 minutes of cardio for March last night! I am so proud of myself! I'm almost to 70 miles for the month (I've had to increase my goal 3 times!)! And I'm within 20 miles of beating my mileage for the ENTIRE year of 2005! With all this walking, you'd think the pounds would be coming off. I've lost 9 pounds since Jan 1 and NOTHING for a couple of weeks. I can tell that my pants are a bit looser, but I want that number on the scale to change! I want to be in ONEDERLAND!!!

Anyway....have a great Thursday!

Misti in Seattle
03-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Wow, Michele, 7.5 miles, that is awesome!! One-derland is not far off for you but I can see why it would be discouraging not to be getting there faster with all you are doing! Bet you are building all kinds of muscle and that is why the weight loss is not showing up on the scale!!

LadyFirelyght
03-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Steps/miles for that time: 1.38 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 10.64 miles

My miles have been horrible this week. I just can't seem to get motivated to exercise. And after barely sleeping at all last night, today I'll be lucky if I do even the least bit of exercise. :(

NavyWifeDee
03-30-2006, 10:09 AM
jayde, my miles are outside. I use mapmyrun to find my mileage, and well, I live in Key West, so the weather is hardly ever a problem. The only problem I ever have is whether hubby has to go to work early so I have to keep it short (not a problem lately since I haven't done a 4-5 miler in a while) and motivating myself to keep going out there and working through the heel pain. I don't want to hurt myself, but don't want to lose momentum anymore than I already have, either. Unfortunately, we only have 2 docs in our navy clinic down here, and neither of them can see me until the 10th. but, oh well, i suppose i can survive, lol.

Dee

start8
03-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Steps/miles for that time: 13,250
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 16

I have a bell ped I got at Kohl's for $5.00 and it's amazing if I count out 100 steps it will read 100 steps. So I'd recommended that one-I think they are normally around 15-20 dollars but look at Kohls and you might be able to get it for cheaper.

BlynC
03-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Misti! you will love your new pedo ..I do ! and hope you get rid of that Crud! I know that we will probably slow down some but...
Michele: You must be a cheetah or something 7.5 miles...WoW..way to go:cheer: I think that we are going to lose sight of you over that next hill!..:lol:

I had for yesterday...
Steps/miles for that time: 10,700 or 5.35 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 48,667 steps or 24 miles! whew.........

Have a great day walking or running or blading or whatever!... Blyn:D

cagirlygirl
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks, Misti! I must've missed it because it was cleverly hidden in the first post. ;)

Okay, here we go for today:

Days miles were logged: 3/30
miles for that time: 2 - running
total miles to date in the challenge: 8 (I started on Monday)

paula

Michele L
03-30-2006, 06:22 PM
OK, I'm counting my pedometer miles (wearing it all day). Is that what we're SUPPOSED to be doing? If we're just supposed to be logging actual FITNESS miles, I'll go back and recalculate. I don't want to break the rules. As you may remember from our March of the Chicks, I hit 10000 steps most days, which is about 5 miles. That's why I have such high numbers. Please let me know if I need to change how I report!

Happy walking!

Jayde
03-30-2006, 07:15 PM
miles for that time: 3.1 on mill 1-6% incline
total miles to date in the challenge:13.4

Total miles to date in the challenge.. this isn’t our group accumulated miles but our personal total?

Lydia- are you eating and sleeping ok? If you’re not getting sick.. then just take care of you.. everyone has slow days . … and or weeks.. we just don’t want to make it a trend..

Dee- With your sore feet you are taking it somewhat easy, aren’t you? And I hate to sound like a mother hen… but your’ve checked your shoes too, right? My shoes get worn down and strain my back before I even notice.. Check the soles for wear. I admire you… I can’t get motivated to work outside.. it is too much planning and inconvenience for me I guess. I mean I would have to bring along the water… and then make sure I plan my route so that I still have energy to get home.. on the mill I can just push and stop when I’ve had enough… knowing there is plenty of water and a shower whenever I want.

Michele, I am only logging fitness miles from the mill. But I know many others are combining their workout miles with daily moving miles… at least that was my understanding..

I don’t have a pedometer but I know myself.. if I had one I would be too pleased just to have it reach a certain number.. never mind about the speed or difficulty of the workout. I am not disciplined enough. Well, not yet anyway.. but maybe someday.. 

Chris- How are you doing?

Where are we anyway? I’ve been so busy back at work I’ve lost track.

Misti in Seattle
03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Michelle I wear mine all day too... I count ALL my steps as that is how far I have walked. That was my understanding too.. you are doing it right! :)

dalai_lala
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Oops, forgot to post yesterday's total...

Date: 3/29
Miles: 2.3

Date: 3/30
Miles: 2.4

Grand total: 6.30

Keep walking!

-La

NavyWifeDee
03-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks for being a mother hen Jayde, lol. I have checked my shoes, but they are only a month old Nike Shox, and they are actually some of the best I've had. I am going to the mainland to a running shop as soon as I get my first paycheck from my new job to get some shoes that they say match my feet and my running walking style. I talked to the nurse at the clinic today to see what I could do to help until my doctor's appt, but she told me to stay off of it and ice it 3-4 times a day. I'm trying, but getting the weight off actually has cured the other one, and staying off of it isn't an option with 3 kids. but yes, I'm trying to make sure I'm not injuring myself farther, so no more than 2 miles a day. As for planning a walk, my block is exactly half a mile, so I just circle it on my 2-3 mile days, and stop by my house every lap for water and a stretch. on my 4-5 mile days, yes I have to take water, and make sure I tuck my ID in my mp3 player holder, as i go off base (definitely more of a pain). I admire all of you that use the mill, i've never been able to do it, too monotonous for me, lol. Great day everyone, and I'll see you all in the morning. Anyone know where we are?

Dee

Ciarra
03-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Today did 4 miles.....
Just late getting online and posting.........

BlynC
03-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Okay for today..after cookie related disaster...:lol:
I have:
miles for that time: 10149= 5 miles...
total miles to date in the challenge: dont know right now

Misti in Seattle
03-31-2006, 02:22 AM
HI everyone.

Dee, hope your foot gets better quickly! Take care of yourself, now.

I am only going to count about 2 miles today, as I have bad allergies and didn't do as much. Went walking on both breaks but took my lunch as part of my doctor's appt time.

Don't know where we are.. Chris hasn't posted an update so hope she is okay and just busy!

Michele L
03-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Date: 3/30
Miles to report: 6
Total miles reported: 38.75

I only did 1 mile of fitness walking today because of various commitments. Thursdays are a zoo at our house with Scouts and Dance. I played taxi driver to my daughter in between making cookies for my son's bake sale today. That didn't leave much time for fitness, but I did it. Yesterday (Thursday) was Day 90 of cardio for me and I wasn't going to break that streak! I didn't even start until almost 8pm and I had to go get DD at 8:30 in the middle of a HORRIBLE thunderstorm!

Anyway, I have discovered how I can bump my steps each day. My classes just got smaller (due to some really lazy kids who refuse to do homework). As a result, The number of desks in my room has decreased, which leaves LOTS of empty space that I can walk around MUCH easier. I have found myself pacing around more while we are discussing and practicing things. I've checked my pedometer mid-afternoon the last 2 days and my numbers have been UP to about 7000 (instead of 3 or 4). I think it's working and I don't even realize I'm doing it! I've hit at least 12000 steps each of the last 3 days, so I know I'm doing something right!

Anyway.....Happy walking! Yay, it's finally Friday!

Misti in Seattle
03-31-2006, 08:07 AM
LOL Blyn, sorry about the cookie disaster. :) Glad that is behind you and hopefully not literally! :)

Michele, great about increasing the steps! I love it when we find little ways to do that! LOL People probably think I am crazy as when I fill my car with gas instead of just standing there I walk around and around the car and pumps while it is filling!! Also even though I can reach some from my dishwasher to put up a lot of the dishes I intentionally walk a couple of steps instead of just reaching over. And instead of rolling over in my chair at work to my cabinet to get stuff, get UP and walk over and get it LOL. All kinds of little things to get in a bit more exercise.

I am fortunate too as in my office several of us share a printer and I have to print very often and proofread, etc., before I go on... as we are a highly regulated industry (biotech) and have to be very accurate. My cubicle is on the far end of the row farthest from the printer so I get lots of opportunities to just run up and down the hall LOL. That helps a lot in getting my steps in!

My new pedometer shipped from Amazon on Wedneday, the day after I ordered it; they are fast. So I should be getting it any time. I can't wait to get the Omron so I can see aerobic steps and all that fun stuff! LOL it has been a hard week without one. :) I feel "half dressed" LOL

NavyWifeDee
03-31-2006, 08:19 AM
No miles for me yet today, will be doing some family fitness later. just wanted to check in and say hello!

Misti, thanks for the concern.. I hope you get to feeling better too. Allergies are the worst.

Michelle, wow girl.. I need to get a pedometer. you are doing awesome! Great idea about pacing around while teaching and stuff.

Hope that everyone has a great Friday!

Dee

Misti in Seattle
03-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi Dee

Good you are taking care of yourself! Our physical frailties do get in the way of life, huh? :)

You will LOVE the pedometers! And the Omron HJ-112 is half price right now at Amazon! I had to pay shipping because my order did not total $25 but still.... $25 is a great price to pay for one so nice!

Wonder where that Chris is... she is going to have some catching up to do to figure out where we are at LOL.

LadyFirelyght
03-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Horrible, horrible miles yesterday. But completely understandable since I barely slept, my legs were tingling and my back was hurting. Last night, I got a great night's sleep (in fact, sleeping for 11 hours!), my back isn't hurting and my legs can't even remember that they were numb night before last. Today I plan to get off my butt and walk!

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 3/30
Steps/miles for that time: 0.52 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 11.16 miles

AnnieFannie
03-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Almost forgot my miles for yesterday. I had so much to do. I'm moving tomorrow. Yea!!:carrot: We won't be living with my parents anymore so I am going to be MIA for a few days. I can't get any cable or internet til Wednesday. But I'll keep track of my miles and post them when I get back. Keep up the good work ladies.

Steps/miles for that time: 2.5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 12.5 miles

start8
03-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Steps/miles for that time: 15,000, 6 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 22

I include the steps from my daily running around, I don't treadmill walk. I have taekwondo 4 times a week for my actual exercise.

spcdcider
03-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Ok since the 26th report I have made it another 16 miles. Woohoo for me. Kathy

spcdcider
03-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Ok since the 26th report I have made it another 16 miles. Woohoo for me. Kathy

Jayde
03-31-2006, 09:36 PM
No miles for me on the mill today. But I feel like I've been running around all day. I am a teacher so some days are a little more bizarre than others. I certainly needed a night out.. that just means that I didn't get my workout in. I might make atonement by doing 5 miles tomorrow.. Just to be sure I don't make a habit of this.

I am out of steel cut oats.. I gotta go to the store first thing in the morning or tomorrow will be bad... I am staring at the empty tin now... pathetic empty tin!

Michele L
04-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Date: 3/31
Miles: 5
Total Miles: 43.75

Squeezed in a 2 mile WATP to get to 10000 last night. I also hit 70 miles for March. I think I will probably leave my April goal at 50. The only break I have is Good Friday, so it will be a bit harder to rack up the miles this month. I WILL, however, have more miles than in all of 2005 very soon. I have to recalculate, but I think I have about 15 to go.

I have to take tickets at our HS play this afternoon. Right in the middle of the day, which will mess everything up! I'll squeeze some walking in around it. Not sure what yet, but I'll get to 10000 (I hope).

Happy Saturday!

Jayde
04-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Total Miles: 43.75

I WILL, however, have more miles than in all of 2005 very soon. I have to recalculate, but I think I have about 15 to go.

Michele... It is only April 1st.. In 3 months you will have more miles under your belt than the entire year of 2005?!!!! You go girl!! :carrot:

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Great job! For yesterday mine was:

steps for that time: 12,000
total steps to date in the challenge: Still have to go back and add it up

I am concerned about Chris... sure hope she is okay and just busy!

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone

This is unofficial... but I went back through our posts and added up our mileage and figured out where we are! Our total mileage now is... TA DA... bells and whistles, please... 266.8. So we have passed Schenectady and Utica... and are headed toward Syracuse.

Way to go, team!! Wow, we only started this a week ago!!!!! We are moving on! Maybe we can hit the Pennsylvania state line by next weekend!! It is approx. 509 miles out of Hopedale. So grab that :coffee2: and keep going :kickcan:

dalai_lala
04-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Miles: 1.90
Total Mileage: 8.2

-lala

iowasteph2
04-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 3/31
Steps/miles for that time: 3
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 9

AnnieFannie
04-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, here's my last post til I can get my internet back up and going next Wednesday after our move. Wish me luck.

Steps/miles for that time: 4.5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 17 miles

LadyFirelyght
04-01-2006, 11:00 AM
http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1198437#post1198437

Steps/miles for that time: 0.85 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 12.01 miles

BlynC
04-01-2006, 12:25 PM
WoW chickies! We are really moving!

Yesterday I only had 2 mile to report...I think I must have been in a coma no time to walk for fitness and not on the go much....but today I already have been on a 5 mile walk and have over 10000 steps so I will oficially report later tonight!...Thanks for all this motivation...I feel like I will be letting yall down if I don't get my steps in and that's a good thing...:carrot:

Jayde
04-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Miles: 4.4
Total Mileage: 17.9

Lydia, I am sorry to hear about your news. My thoughts are with you today.

Annie, have a terrific move. When your internet comes back up our miles progress will seem like we've jumped on a jet.. Looking forward to seeing all the distance you rack up. :) Take care.

Misti, thanks for adding up all the miles. I thought to try and do it but it was so overwhelming! It is nice to know where we are.

My workout on the mill today didn't quite make the 5 miles I had planned, but it was more than I have made on the mill in one workout since I started. And I added 2 pound weights to each hand during the intensive intervals. All the while keeping my regular speed and incline. I am quite proud of myself.

I treated myself to a leisurely pampering in the shower. Facial the works.. I feel GREAT!

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Yay you are all doing a great job! LOL I was going to stay home and clean house instead of walking but it is pouring rain and I LOVE rain so can't stand to stay in here. I am going to put on my old shoes and get out there in it yay!!!

And I will try to keep track of the miles just as a backup to Chris, as it is impossible for anyone to be on here all the time! Her totals will be "official" and I am just staying on I90 and assuming I am on the right route LOL

:rain: in Seattle

HealthierMe
04-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I've been unable to log in, but now the computer's running smoothly and I am over the strp throat, so I should be able to log in at least once a day and keep better tabs on the total and where we are.

I'll report back soon with tthhe current locale.

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi Chris

Welcome back! As you can see we have not been sitting still while you were gone LOL! Glad you are feeling better!

As you can see I took a "stab" at tracking our locale and hope I got somewhere close to where we are supposed to be LOL

And Ooelsworth... :welcome3: Great to have you with us!!! And hey no problem about the rest of us being a little bit ahead of you... we make sure we catch up with each other and don't leave anyone behind!! :) We are happy to have your feet marching along with us LOL.

HealthierMe
04-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks Misti, I hope that I'm not that sick for again anytime soon, so I will be here.. except I am going on a trip next week, so I will be away from Saturday to Wednesday, and I won't have computer access.

You are indeed correct, we have a total of 295 miles, including my 18 miles, so we are about 3 miles from Syracuse, NY.

If we stay around this pace we will be in Seattle by the beginning of summer. :)

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh that's great! I am glad I was on the right trail! I was concerned about you as I was not aware that you were sick. You walked 18 miles while you ha strep throat??? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well that makes us a lot closer to Syracuse than I thought yippeeee!

Yah we are moving... and another newbie signed up today so we will have an extra set of feet moving us along LOL

iowasteph2
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 4/1
Steps/miles for that time: 6
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 15

Woohoo!! Does that take us past Syracuse then?!

Ciarra
04-01-2006, 07:08 PM
today was 4 miles
took yesterday off.

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Steps/miles for that time: 2
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: Still haven't gone back to add it up again LOL; I messed up my count and have been busy

BlynC
04-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Good Evening ......Great day today!
Steps/miles for that time: 13104 steps, 6.55 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: not sure now.

Have a great Sunday!...........Blyn

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Wow, Blyn That is wonderful... we will be in Pennsylvania in no time LOL

Michele L
04-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Date: 4/1
TOTAL miles: 48.75

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did a 3 mile WATP with weights for strength training. I putzed around the house a bit and went to the grocery store. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday, so we're having a special family dinner today (it's easier on a weekend). I'm making steak and shrimp with asparagus and salad and baked potatoes. For dessert, my daughter is making banana split pie. She's 12 and took a pie-making class through the local community college. I suggested it and she jumped at the chance to cook for her daddy!

I will do at least 2 formal fitness miles today and TRY to be sure I get to 10000 steps again. On the weekends, that's my biggest challenge (that and NOT munching)!

Happy Sunday!

dalai_lala
04-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Owww... so little walking on my weekends...

Date: 4/1
Miles: 1.25
Total so far: 9.45

-lala

LadyFirelyght
04-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Steps/miles for that time: 2.53 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 14.54 miles

I'm off to Sea World!

Jayde
04-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Date: 4/2
Miles: 3.3
Total so far: 21.2

Hey Chris! So glad you are feeling better. It is encouraging to know that we might be in Seattle by summer.

Michele, what is WATP?

Misti- What was your walk in the rain like? You've got guts. :)

Lydia- Have fun in Sea World. I hope you’ve packed your pedometer. You will rack up a lot of distance there!

Dee- I hope your feet are better… take care.

The mill and I are really becoming friends. I almost don't want to stop the workout but my body says "That is enough!"

I am off to get in some yard work.. I expect that will make me sore as I feel muscles I didn't know I had.

Have a great day everyone. :running:

Misti in Seattle
04-02-2006, 01:18 PM
LOL Jayde it is a LOT harder for me to get out there when the sun is shining. My walk in the rain was heavenly.... LOL Love it love it love it... so cool and refreshing on my face. And you have to realize too that the rain here in Seattle is not hard driving rain most of the time... just a gentle mist although this year we have had a lot more actual rain, like yesterday. But still it is nothing compared to the downpours in other areas.

Michele L
04-02-2006, 01:25 PM
WATP is Walk Away the Pounds. It's a workout series from Leslie Sansone that I just love!

Michele : )

iowasteph2
04-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 4/2
Steps/miles for that time: 5
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 20

Michele, I see you're from Iowa. Where? I'm in Ames. Kind-of bad weather lately, huh? Hopefully it will straighten up soon.

Have a good day, everybody!! West coast here we come!

Misti in Seattle
04-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Wow I got out and did a 7 mile round trip walk today and don't intend to do much else LOL so will go ahead and post

Days that the steps were logged: 4/2
Steps for that time: 14,000
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: ?

spcdcider
04-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Ok I did Leslies 4 Mile walk and including rest of my day on 4/1/06 was 7 miles. Thats the best for me yet. Felt good. Kathy

Michele L
04-02-2006, 05:16 PM
I'll post tomorrow what my final totals for today are, but I HAD to come in and tell you that I did the 5 Mile Advanced Walk today (WATP) with all the boosters! I even wore the ab belt for 4 miles! That's a mile with the 2 pound weights, a mile using the belt (wore it for 4), a mile with the stretchie, a JOGGING mile (2 short bursts of light jogging), and a FAST walking mile (65 minutes total)! I am SOOO proud of myself! I bought this one a few weeks ago thinking I'll probably NEVER do all 5 in one shot, but I've done it a half-dozen times already!

Anyway......that ensured that I reached my 10000 steps! I'm almost at 12000 at 4:15!

Have a great evening--I'm off to shower and make hubby's birthday dinner!

Misti in Seattle
04-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Wow it is great to hear both of you with "bests." Yippeee... the 7 mile round-trip walk today was my best except for the 10 mile one quite a while ago so we are doing great!

Michele the WATP sounds neat... I would like to learn more about it! I looked at the website though and it sounds as if you walk IN your home. Since I want to be outside doing my walking and live in the perfect location for that, perhaps WATP is not for me. Do you walk at home or go out... or both?

Michele L
04-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I tend to walk inside either with these videos or on my treadmill. I live in Iowa, so the weather is often a factor. Plus, my kids still need supervision. I do go out sometimes, but I have found that my pace is more inconsistent and I have to worry about uneven sidewalks, etc. I also find that I get a much more intense workout with the WATP's because you use your arms, too! It's not for everyone, but it's great for me!

Misti in Seattle
04-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks Michele! It does sound great for your circumstances. I am kind of the opposite... not only live in a small apartment but it is on third floor so can't bounce around too much or the neighbor below might not appreciate it LOL

I know what you mean though... on a treadmill I always dance around and use my arms. But I am finding the Danskin workout balls nice to help with that.

LadyFirelyght
04-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I got some great mileage (for me, anyway :o) in today! I look forward to posting my total tomorrow! :D

NavyWifeDee
04-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Hello Everyone! Sorry to be MIA this weekend. Sounds like everyone is doing better, and WOW you ladies are really tearing up the miles! I have some to add for the weekend, but not too many. I did mostly hanging out with the kids and the hubby and some laundry this weekend. but here we go

Days miles are logged: 4/1 - 4/2
# of miles: 4
Total: who knows, lol.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! See you all in the morning.

Dee

Misti in Seattle
04-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Good job, everyone... we must have gone through Syracuse this weekend I would assume; can't wait to see where we land next LOL!!

NavyWifeDee
04-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I actually got up and got a good start to my week! YAY! And I can't even go back to bed like I usually do for an hour, because my Ddog has taken over my spot, :) . She is definitely enjoying being the only dog again. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Dee

Day miles are logged: 4-3
# of miles: 2

walkernjh
04-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I just found the thread yesterday. Here's my numbers for the weekend.

Date miles were logged: 4-1-06
# of miles: 1 mile
Total # of miles to date in the challenge: 1 mile

Date miles were logged: 4-2-06
# of miles: 2.5 miles
Total # of miles to date in the challenge: 3.5 miles

I will do a short bio sometime today.

Michele L
04-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Date: 4/2
Miles: 6.75
TOTAL: 55.5

It's hard to get up when it's still dark outside.....one of the side effects of daylight savings : (

Today is hubby's birthday. I don't know if I'll get more than a mile of fitness walking done, but I'll do something to move us along.

Have a great week, everyone! Welcome, Nancy!

Misti in Seattle
04-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Welcome, Nancy! Great to have you with us!! Looking forward to reading your bio! :welcome3:

Dee and Michele, good morning earlybirds. :) I am up early too but it is because I have to go to work! Oh I am soooooooooooooooooooo sore from the long walk yesterday; my foot problems are showing LOL.

Dee, LOL about the dog taking over your spot in the bed! :) Guess no more sleep for you today tee hee.

Michele, have fun sharing your husband's birthday and making it special for him! Hey, you can "do" with a break LOL.

start8
04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
From Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steps/miles for that time: 15,000, 6 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steps/miles for that time: 25,000, 10 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 32

Steps/miles for that time: 13,000, 5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 37

LadyFirelyght
04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Steps/miles for that time: 4.08 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 18.62 miles

If I were using the estimated 10k steps = 5 miles, I would've been at around 5 1/2 miles. Unfortunately for me, my pedometer accurately measures how far I've actually walked :P It's all good, though. I have to work a lot harder to get in the same miles as the tall folks, but I know I'm working hard! :D

Sea World is a great place to get exercise. I was there for about 4 1/2-5 hours, walking for around 3 hours of that time. It got to 93 degrees yesterday. I was mostly well-protected from the sun by sunblock. Unfortunately, some of it washed off when I got wet (Shamu show and a ride), so my chest, top of my forehead, and cheeks got sunburnt. There's this one patch on my chest about the size of a silver dollar that is REALLY red. But it doesn't hurt, doesn't burn, it's just a little hot so it's all good. I'm happy with all the exercise :D

dalai_lala
04-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Happy Monday, walkers!

Date: 4/3
Miles: 2.0
Total so far: 10.20

-Lala

BlynC
04-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Morning...well yesterdays totals were

Day logged: Sunday April 2, 06
miles or steps: 9380 steps or 4.69 miles

I am not sure how many miles I have I have lost track.

My little doggie died this morning so I am planning a long walk this afternoon...see ya later...Blyn

Ciarra
04-03-2006, 01:49 PM
BlynC: Sorry to hear about your doggie. Take care.

This morning 4 miles!

Odaley
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi all--

We've had pretty cruddy weather here so I haven't been able to get out and put in my time and distance.

But I managed to get out there today. I did 3 miles.

Jayde
04-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Miles: 2.1
Total so far: 23.1

(I would have lost track of my total as well except that all I need to do is subtract 15 from my signature goal. That was a warm-up. I am impressed with Chris keeping up with all of this.. I couldn't do it. :p )

Misti- Misty rain is nice to walk in.. 

Michele, I looked into WATP but like Misti said the website was not very informative. So when you walk, you are not actually watching the video? Is that right?

Start 8- Wow.. you must love to walk!

Blyn, I am sorry to hear about your dog. Take care of you.

Todays workout was a bit too much for me.. I upped the mill level to a 5 which gave me interval speeds of 2.4 - 3.6. And inclines of 2 - 7%. Add that to the 2 pound weights in each hand, and I almost thought I was trying to do myself in... It was not fun.. and it should be fun.. so tomorrow I will take it back down to level 4 and use the weights.

Happy walking everyone! Rain or shine according to Misti!

iowasteph2
04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Days that the steps or miles were logged: 4/3
Steps/miles for that time: 3.5
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 23.5

Misti in Seattle
04-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Greetings, everyone! Glad to see so many of you on here marching away! :)

Blyn, I am sorry about your doggie. :hug:

Jayde, how do you think I got the name "Misti in Seattle" ??? It was planned my real name is "Sue." :)

Start, you are really moving on!! :jig:

Steps/miles for that time: 10,000 steps (5 miles)
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: Who knows

HealthierMe
04-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Well Misti, I share your pedometer woes, I can't wait to get my Omron, I made the mistake of ordering it with the new book from the chicks. Since the bookisn't out until May Amazon was waiting to ship it. So I changed it and it should be here soon.

So the only way I could log miles was from the treadmill or WATP videos (which I love!), but then this morning,while driving into work, I heard a strange far away mechanical voice. It was my long lost "talking" pedometer, located, under my driver's seat, telling me that I had reached 6 miles LOL.

So I clipped it on and when I got home I popped in my new WATP walk and kick DVD, and got up to 6 miles today :carrot: add that to the 5.5 yesterday and it brings our current collective total too....drum roll please.....436.50 miles

Way to go! :group:

So that puts us around Buffalo, NY heading toward Erie, PA!

A special welcome to WalkerNJH, we will be near Michigan soon, perhaps you can give us some local history. I love your avatar, my husband loves to kayak, and that is one of my incentives to get in better shape, perhaps I'll start logging miles in the kayak, LOL

Also special welcomes to Debbie, Mundy and Naked, please share your respectives locals as we approach or pass through the areas.

Blyn, so sorry to hear about your dog, they really are part of the family, and I am sure it's tough right now, sending you warm thoughts and a cyber :hug:

Great job everyone, KEEP walking! Misti are you securing that cyberhall, make it a big one, the group keeps growing, YAY!

Misti in Seattle
04-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Wow I can't believe we made it to Buffalo already! Wooohooo

I am a bit frustrated right now. I got the Omron pedometer and there is no way on earth I can get the little clear plastic clip open to clip it onto my pants and I am afraid to use it without it! There are no instructions except a little picture with arrows floating around; I have tried and tried and can't figure out how to open it!! Drat!!! LOL I even posted a thread asking for help so hope someone can help me.

I would have made the same mistake about ordering it with the book except the order got messed up online and I had to call them; so they told me what would happen and I did not order the book

LOL about the cyberhall... yes I'd best book in advance and get a big one. <G>

Misti in Seattle
04-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Yay! I got the clip open LOL

Blonde in Seattle

Michele L
04-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Yay, Misti! You're going to LOVE your Omron!

Miles: 6.5
TOTAL: 62

I went to the local middle school (since I teach in the district, we can use their equipment) and used the elliptical for 31 minutes yesterday afternoon! It felt good. My legs were complaining for awhile, but not anymore! This morning I got up early and did a 1 mile WATP, too. I'm planning on more this afternoon.

Have a great Tuesday!

Misti in Seattle
04-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Wow Michele you are doing great! Busy busy busy LOL

The Omron certainly looks nice. It is a lot more lightweight than I expected from the size of it.

NavyWifeDee
04-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Hope everyone is having a good morning, or will be soon! I did 2 miles this morning, but not logging yet, as I am planning on walking home from work tonight. Wow, I can't believe how far we are! We are booking! Great job everyone, and have a great day.

Blyn- so sorry to hear about your doggie... :hug:

Misti - nice to know that we all have blonde moments. I've actually been laughing about being a blonde again the last few days. I dyed my hair red a while back (more like purple, lol) and happened to get my new military ID that day. Now that it is going back blonde, they take so much time looking at my ID when I come on base to decide if it is really me. Oh well.. Hope you enjoy that new pedometer. Let me know how you like it, I'm thinking about getting one.

Have a great day everyone, and see you later!

Dee

Misti in Seattle
04-04-2006, 08:27 AM
My mileage which counts for this walk is 41.1285... but overall since first of Feb when I started keeping track is over 216. Wow no wonder it is starting to show!

dalai_lala
04-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Happy Tuesday walkers!

Let's see...

Miles: 2.6
Total so far: 14.05

I think that most of my miles are from running to the bathroom in between gulps of water!

-Lala

Misti in Seattle
04-04-2006, 08:51 AM
LOL Lala I am getting mileage that way too!

start8
04-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Miles: 4.8
Total so far: 42

LadyFirelyght
04-04-2006, 10:29 AM
My legs protested heavily after Sunday's 4 miles. I tried walking yesterday during my nightly cartoons, but my legs were literally too weak to do it for more than a few minutes. So, I let it be. Today, though, I'm getting back on the ball! :D

Steps/miles for that time: 0.82 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 19.44 miles

BlynC
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Mornin' ....great day today! Sunshine..for the last 2 days...love it!
Yesterdays totals were!
Steps/miles for that time: 10189 = 5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 42.5 miles

Have a Great Tuesday Everybody!...Blyn:running:

Jayde
04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Date: 4/4
Miles: 2.1
Total so far: 25.2

Lydia, your legs will get over the stress. :D Keep racking up those steps!!!

I really wanted to do more miles today but the doorbell rang... I should put a sign up when I am on the mill... "Go away.... Luv to see you but GO AWAY!" :p

NavyWifeDee
04-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow.. so I started my new job today. We are about to re-open the Borders Express that died during the hurricane. Talk about working, luggin around boxes and boxes of books. I should definitely be able to fit into my khakis by the time we open in two weeks. YAY! Not having to buy new work type clothes would be great. But here we go for the day:

Day miles were logged: 4/4
# of miles: 4
total miles so far: I really need to go back and add it up.

Have a great night!

Dee