Old 03-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Default Atkins for the last 10 lbs?

I did Atkins years ago and successfully lost 50 lbs. I've lost this 75lbs by counting calories and exercising but seem to be stalled. Has anyone had success with Atkins really close to goal. The last thing I want to do is eat a ton of calories and end up gaining. Thanks to any replies!
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I wouldnt try it. My suggestion is to check out the maintainers forum for help on loosing your last 10lbs. Those ladies and gents are a wealth of information and have helped me on many occasions.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:13 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

yea you really do not want to change what has worked I think you realy need to stick with your current plan and make some subtle changes, you could do it if you wanted to but to do it for 10 lbs and you would lose some water weight and when you went back to regular eating per your chosen style it would come back.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much for the replies. I think you ladies are right and Atkins isn't the answer. I'm thinking that patience is. Thanks again!
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:48 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Yup. When you're close to goal (on any plan) it's going to take longer to get those pounds off. Your body is really going to fight you. Good luck and keep going. You've done AWESOME!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/147/140

Yeah I wouldn't recommend Atkins for the last 10 lbs.

Fat and calorie content on Atkins is sky high. I think it would be a risky choice. You wouldn't want to end up gaining cause you chose this route.

Honestly, just wait it out. Maybe change up your meals. In the end, i'm sure it'll come off.. slow but sure is always the best way!!!
Carbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #7  
Susan hockeyfan7

Although you can still do Atkins and count calories. I do. The veggies are going to be really low and depending on the protein choices you make, you can stay within a daily calorie goal.

I eat 1700 calories a day and exercise to burn off between 400 and 500 of those.

If you choose chicken breast, lean pork, lean beef, shrimp, crab, and some of the lower cal fish along with eggs and don't eat a lot of cheese, bacon, etc. you could do it.

That said, I wouldn't switch to Atkins just to lose 10 lbs if you don't plan to continue with it after you reach your goal.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am down to only 14 lbs. to go and am still on Atkins (which is what I started with). I am having trouble losing these last lbs. but am afraid to switch to any other weight loss plan for fear of gaining weight. So, I have decided to stick with Atkins until it is all gone, no matter how long it takes. I plan to stay low-carb for life. Has anyone else had a tremendously hard time taking off those last 15 or so while sticking faithfully to the plan and exercising their butt off?
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote