Old 03-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #1  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Default Nursing While on LAWL

Has anyone started LAWL while they were nursing? I’m just wondering what the COD allows in terms of additional food or if they even allow you to be on the program while nursing. I realize nursing is way in the future for me, but I’m just thinking ahead. DH and I are planning on expanding our family so I just went off my birth control. After losing this weight it’s really hard to think about putting it all back on and then some but hopefully I’ve learned a thing or two about eating right and I won’t gain like I did the first time.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you decide to nurse, then at that time explain to the LAWL person that you want to be on a plan that is approximately 500 calories more than what you normally would be on.
Nursing burns approximately 500 calories a day, and you need that to actually make and maintain your milk supply-so if you were on a plan that averages around 2000 calories a day, then it would be equivalent to you being on a plan that is approximately 1500 calories a day, due to the nursing.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #3  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Mary - That’s a good point about soy drying up your milk, but I thought babies could have soy because when I stopped nursing I had to put my son on soy formula but maybe that’s different. In regards to my weight gain and loss from being pregnant I gain 50 lbs. Right after I had my son I lost 20 lbs with no problems, I fought for the next 10 lbs, stalled and then I actually started gaining again. That’s when I decide to join WW. After a few months, I did get most of the last 20 lbs off and that was all while I was nursing. As soon as I stopped nursing I couldn’t loose another pound in WW.

I think too I would wait awhile before staring again but if it's anything like it was previously I'll have to start back on the program before I'm done nursing.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote