Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Default TOM questions...

I've heard people here say that we retain more water during TOM (and the days leading up to the same). I know this is the case for me, as my loss recently has been much slower. But I feel (especially today, on day 1) horribly bloated (more than is usual for TOM, even!). Is it common to gain inches during TOM too?

Also, how soon after day1 do these things usually pass? I'm hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow, so any good ideas about how to get rid of excess water fast would be really appreciated... UGH! TOM is such a PAIN! It's really tough to know what you really weigh at TOM!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I've only been through 1 cycle as a daily weigher. Here's what I noticed.

I plateau'd about 6 days prior to Day 1 (up a quarter, down a quarter, that kind of fluctuation). Went up a full pound on the morning of Day 1. Held there (again, up and down a quarter or so) for 5 days, then had a little wooosh of nearly 3 pounds. Then the (mostly) downward trek began again.

TOM should be approaching again soon (probably end of this weekend), so I'll have another cycle to track. I'm hoping I'll be able to identify a definite trend if I track 3 or 4 cycles.

Anyway, that was my experience. Hope it was of some benefit to you.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #3  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

I usually gain a pound or two and get a good bit of bloat. Pants that usually fit get a bit tight and I generally feel too big and uncomfortable. I just drink a ton of water and try to bear the weigh-ins. What a pain!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

TOM came and went for me with no change to the scale whatsoever. I do know that it made my measurements rather unique that week.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Not to mention that if you're bloated and sore and weak and cranky, chances are you'll want to comfort yourself with some ice cream or chocolate. At least I do. Ah well, it's the price we pay for being the superior gender.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

to get rid of the bloat you can try midol. i personally just drink water (LOTS) with slices of lemon - this acts as a natural diuretic (spell??) and contrary to what may seem like common sense, does not make you withhold more water.

good luck!

ps i think sometimes the added water weight is a result of our food choices during tom. I know i tend to crave carbs and when I eat carbs I tend to hold water weight. ??? just a thought. Im sure everyone has a different experience!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:14 AM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

At WW they said you can usually add 2 lbs to WI furing TOM.

Does anyone not crave salt or choc during TOM? I don't care for salt but couple days before TOM I want peanuts or chips, anything with salt. *shudder

Im done all that now, as of 1 month ago. *fingers crossed I have no more cravings or anything else I suffered with before and during TOM.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote