UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #1  
Heather/Caterpillar

Default Cambridge Diet

Hi
I know I'll probably get criticised for this on here but I've decided to go on the Cambridge diet, I just realised that I have tried everything and I have spoken to lots of people on the discovery health forums and this seems to be the best option for me. I have promised myself to give it two weeks at full go and if I feel really ill on it I will give it up since no diet is worth that. I just need to get this weight off, my mobility is getting worse and I can't breathe properly.
I really hope you will all support me even though it isn't the path you might not choose.
Thanks
Heather
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #2  

what is it?
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #3  
Heather/Caterpillar

It is a liquid only very low calorie diet look here
Old 03-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm not going to criticise you, it's your body and if you feel it's right for you, it's your right to give it a try. It isn't something that I'd want to try for myself, and I'm not sure that it would deal with my underlying issues, but I'll still support you in your efforts, don't worry. I would be interested to know how you find it, and what you think of it.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #5  

I think I agree with that. my big concern with it would be that you start off losing weight and it makes you feel great about yourself then it just isn't maintainable because lets face it you can't just live off liquids for the rest of your life you start adding in a bit of your regular diet and then put weight back on and it gets you depressed and then you end up binging and putting on more weight than you had to start with. That'd happen to me anyway I'm a bugger for fad diets. But then again it must work for some people or else noone would be buying it.

Good luck with it I hope its what you are looking for. Make sure you stay healthy though.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #6  
Bling it on

I wish you all the very best with it. I have to admit that I too have been tempted by this diet as I am so sick of not being able to even climb a flight of stairs without getting out of breath, so I understand where you are coming from.
My one big worry would be loose skin. I have a lot of weight to lose and I would worry that losing it so fast would result in this.
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #7  

You're a vegan aren't you Heva? What do you eat in a normal day?

I'm veggie and went through a vegan phase but couldn't stick to it. Its so hard!!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Heather there was another lady who did that and she lost loads of weight and reached her goal in about 5mths I think she looked fabulous too Melissa is doing it but she has'nt posted for a while she is doing great too
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Well you know you'll have my support, since I am doing the same thing! (Not Cambridge, but a liquid diet)

I think every person needs to deal with underlying issues, not just ones using liquid diets. I've done lots of other diets and never dealt with what was REALLY eating me. That is the difference this time for me.

I know mentally I needed to see the scale move down drastically soon or I was going to give up totally.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #10  
Heather/Caterpillar

I am a vegan, usually I would eat a lot of beans and pulses, I would also eat a lot of traditional meat meals like shepherds pie or bolognaise using the vegan soy mince stuff that comes dry and you can keep in your cupboard forever. My main downfall is eating biscuits and crisps. For me (I am lactose intolerant) it was the choice of having less choice or having major tummy aches and nasty things happening in the loo...sometimes the urge for chocolate would win out but very rarely. That is the one thing that worries me about this diet, there isn't too much lactose free choice but I'll go with it....
Jen, we have to meet up next time I'm back there, my other half is from Clearwater Beach, he is living here in sunny Salford right now! We will have to go Torrid and Lane Bryant shopping!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #11  
Addicted to potato salad!

WOW! I haven't heard of the Cambridge Diet in years! I didn't know it still existed. Isn't it a lot like SlimFast only no sensible meal for dinner? Good luck with it! Let us all know how it works.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #12  
Heather/Caterpillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife
WOW! I haven't heard of the Cambridge Diet in years! I didn't know it still existed. Isn't it a lot like SlimFast only no sensible meal for dinner?
LOL! That's one way of putting it!!! Yup, just the delicious, nutricious shakes morning noon and night!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #13  
Heather/Caterpillar

I don't think eating is actually a problem anymore, I've guzzled so many Haribo sour strawberries down in preperation that I have taken the skin of my tongue...oh it burns... ;-)
Old 03-21-2006, 12:39 AM   #14  

Mary30 lost loads on Cambridge, she popped her head in over the weekend, so I am sure she'll see this and come and talk to you.

I would be suprised if anyone criticised you on this part of the board. We all have different personalities, bodies and needs. Like YP I wouldn't do a liquid diet, but I wouldn't judge anyone who chose to.

It's a perfectly valid way of losing weight. But for me, I love food, I love healthy foods more than I love junk, it's just junk was kinda convenient before, and I love to exercise and I need fuel for that, and I don't think I would get that on a liquid diet.

You do whatever works for you, so you can be a nice pretty butterfly, instead of an attractive if rather green catterpillar!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:16 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Heva, Cambridge diet, from what I've heard reintroduces you to food properly and uses GI principles, so you learn a bit about how food fills you up.

Good luck and I hope you do well
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote