General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #1  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Default Yay!!! It's Spring!!!

Spring arrives today!!! Hooray!!!

I'm generally a very up-beat person anyway (like you didn't know that!), and I absolutely love the changing of the seasons. I love them all: Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring. That's why I like to live in areas that experience all 4. I don't think I'd like living in a place that had only 1 or 2 seasons.

I love Spring because everything comes alive and looks and smells so fresh (well, except when they spread the fertilizer... that part I could do without ).

But, back on topic, the birds will be chirping, the flowers will start blooming, the trees will bud, the grass greens up, the streams start to run, and the golf courses open up! Fore!!!

Doesn't it make you feel just great! It makes me feel like dancing, so I will! --->

Happy Spring, everyone!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 AM   #2  

I walked over 4 miles this morning, and saw daffodils, lambs, crocuses, it felt so springlike, and has cheered me up all day. Yay for the end of winter!

Lets enjoy it before the hayfever hits, and the antihistamines come out!
Old 03-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Kykaree-I'm jealous you have open flower already. My spring bulbs are sprouted, but at most are only 2"-4" out of the ground. Spring time is wonderful. Can't wiat for it to be a little more springlike in temp so I can move my workouts outside for awhile.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

We went to the zoo this weekend and there baby animals everywhere! My husband asked it was baby season or something and I had to think about. I was like "Geez, it's spring already!" I tend to forget about the seasons changing in southern california. I used to live in Pennsylvania, there you could REALLY tell. I do miss all the spring flowers though. My mom was big into landscaping and she had daffodils, tuplips, crocuses, hyacinths, etc. And a HUGE forsythia in the front yard that would be covered in bright yellow flowers as soon as spring came.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Or is it?

We have had spring & summer like weather for a while and now...well, it's been raining since Friday (I know we need it) and the temps have dropped and the rain is supposed to turn to snow sometime today! How's that for spring? Of course I hope it doesn't kill everything. My tulips haven't bloomed yet nor have my daffodils. The daffodils I think are gone, especially after today. And I have one tree that the flowers have bloomed. But, there is hope for spring weather yet...supposed to get back up in the 50's by the end of the week.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #6  
it's always something

I've enjoyed the warm spring weather for the last 2 weeks, it's been beautiful! It was 80 degrees last Monday. I just looked out the window and it's snowing
Old 03-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #7  
Slow and Steady

Mother Nature is being very mean here in Indiana. We're supposed to get 6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #8  
banned

I love Spring too...I even love the smell in the air. Living in Minnesota, I'm lucky to see all the seasons, plus all the beautiful lakes during the changing seasons! Only bad thing about Minnesota? You can't even tell it's Spring right now cuz we got dumped with snow twice last week, and there's still a few inches of snow on the ground! LOL....but it still FEELS like spring
Old 03-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #9  
Fat-be-gone

It's spring and the weather sucks here!!! it's too cold to go out and play tennis. I'm very jealous of the people who are enjoying the sunshine right now. Sigh, I can't wait for it to reach us over here down south!!! But on the bright side Daylights Savings in two more weeks!!! More time to play outside!!!

Rosario
Closed Thread