Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - NutriChicks!

View Full Version : NutriChicks!

RubensMuse
03-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Hello Ladies!!!! Welcome to our new thread!

RubensMuse
03-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Well ladies today was weigh day and the results are in on our first week on NS.

The Hub has lost 6lbs!!! :dancer:
He is doing real well but does step outside the plan a little. He eats an extra snack a day, but makes good choices.

Me has lost 8lbs!!!! :yikes: :dance:
Ladies I was shocked at this, but understand this is fluid too, but dang. Nice first week! I guess adding the walking to a diet has really helped. I know this will slow down now, and I am OK with that. It took me 15 years to pack it on.

Ok so now I HAVE to stick to this diet and make it work. If this is not evidence that it works I don't know what is! My counseler wanted me to let her know of my progress, so I can't wait to see how she reacts to it.

I certainly hope all of you are doing wonderful and will be back to check on ya'll!

KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK EVERYONE!!!!!

MELODY525
03-20-2006, 09:12 AM
RUBEN!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS FOR BOTH OF YOU!!! :encore: :cheer:
You both must be very happy!! I am glad for you! Keep up the great work. Glad too that you liked the link I sent for Jazz's site. You're gonna love the recipes etc. He's done a wonderful thing by collecting it all and that first link with Ellen is a wonder!!! I sat there the first day and was reading and printing away for hours!!! :rofl:
When you like a recipe you could make it a Nutri-food thread. :lol3:

Having gotten sick yesterday from the celebrating, today will have to be the refreshing of my GOALS. (I just couldn't eat anything) You are right and I refuse to let this deter me from them. Gotta keep going lest I start feeling sorry for myself again!! and that is unexceptable!!! :dance:
Have a great day Nutrichicks.

wickedgrl_76
03-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey All

My weigh in was this morning & it was disappointing. I'm down 1lb... but it could have been worse. I had a bad last week between a stomach virus & then... well gross stomach stuff. I was eating my NS dinners all last week, I just wasn't feeling like it but I'm back on the horse strict this week. Atleast I'm consitantly losing every week, that's the good part. By the way congrats Ruben on your weight loss, that awesome :carrot: :carrot:

DebDixon
03-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi All!

My weigh in was on Saturday and for the first time since I started (1/28) I didn't lose any weight - bummer!!:no: But I know it is just a temporary setback and I won't give up that easily.

Of course, if I could get off my butt and move a little more it would help:woops:

Ruben - WTG on your weight loss - even tho you fell off the wagon that one day you still lost 8 lbs. WOW :bravo:

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

Deb

MELODY525
03-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Wicked~ Hope you are feeling better!!

Deb~ I will probably not lose any this week either.
I need to move a bit more myself! :ebike:

I have two good days under my belt now and better stay that way!!! I am going to add some more stretching for the upper body now that the arms are feeling better.
Have a great day tomorrow!!

RubensMuse
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Ahhh...nice long walk tonight. It's a bit balmy out there but it was nice all the same. The Hub went with me so that was nice too.

I needed some nice as other things have me kinda down the past few days.
I'll bounce back though.

Today I sent back some of the NS food for exchange. I just could not see making myself eat the things I do not like, then I would enter that nasty cycle of excuses for eating off plan. I got to chose some things I have not tried so that will be cool.

Has anyone tried the burgers?????

Well I am ready for a shower and some relax time with my NS pudding. :sssh:

MELODY525
03-21-2006, 09:55 PM
:tantrum: I am so mad at myself. I keep screwing up with the food. There is a lot of self pity going on inside my head and I don't know where it's coming from. I have a problem that the Drs cannot seem to figure out. so is this my way of coping? A better get my sh*t together.
And geez ya'd think paying almost $300 for food would deter me from cheating!! I told myself tonite again, that if this keeps up I will not buy a 3rd box until I get serious.
OK tomorrow is day #1 again..... this time I hope I get it right. I am going to change my weigh-ins back to Mondays. It kept me honest over the weekends. Seems like when I weigh on Fridays I think the weekends are freebies?! :crazy: Really struggling over here.

MELODY525
03-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Ruben~ I was so upset last night I didn't even see your post. Glad you and Hubby got out for a walk and hope too that you bounce back also. Seems to be a lot of that going on! :rofl: good luck with the new foods. I think that was a great idea. We're supposed to be liking this!! Not forcing ourselves. Personally I could NEVER do chicken and tuna out of a pouch! :faint: Hope today is a good one!:flow2:

DebDixon
03-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone!!

Rubens - you are absolutely right-you shouldn't eat food you don't like and NS has plenty of options. Yes, I love the burgers, the thin crust pizza, chicken parseman, etc., etc. It will be better

Mel - please cheer up. You know that you have to take ahold of yourself and stop the self pity. You are the only one who can do it and I know you can. It took me years to come to the realization that I wasn't going to be able to eat everything I wanted - not if I still wanted to have respect for myself.

Tomorrow will be another day and it will be a better day!!

Deb

RubensMuse
03-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Mel~~~ Darling, sweetie, listen to a fellow sisterchick who has the same 'self-destructive' tendencies. Take this one hour at a time if you have to. Believe it or not that is how I HAVE to do it or I would be running to McD's and purging on french fries. Bad eating is a lifelong thing created and like any other addition, it is a hard thing to change or quit. What I have found that is working for me right now (I say right now as this might change next week and I will have to find something else, see my vicious cycle) is small rewards for every meal I do on plan. Little things like 30 minutes watching Comedy Central, a long hot bath with a silly National Enquirer, a walk alone, taking a nap.....things I do not normally allow myself to do out of my busy schedule. I try very hard not to reward myself with food, as this was a poor choice many times on other diets and a habit I have to break or I will never lose this weight.

Please, don't take your little slips a failure, as that is NOT the case. You just revert to old patterns. Try changing your pattern some and you might find a new release for those tensions and desires to eat the wrong stuff.

I am sorry I did not see this earlier. I have not been online all day till now. My thoughts are with you (and the rest of you fellow Chicks). We can do this girls, even at one hour at a time :hug:

Deb, thanks for the heads up on the yummy foods, they are on my next order :)

MELODY525
03-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Deb~ I read your post last night when I got back from my DD apt upstairs and when I went to bed gave myself a sound talking too!! I think it worked cause I am feeling much better!!Thanks :hugs: Sometimes the "diet stuff" and the "wheelchair stuff" meet head on! :dizzy:

Ruben~ God it was awful!!! Thanks for the support also. It reinforces me for the bad times!!! Hope you are feeling happier also. Did you get to order 'anything' you picked out? Wasn't sure if you meant that.... also did they help you and make suggestions? Inquiring minds like to know!! :rofl:

It was a "holiday" and I used it as an excuse to feed the recovering carboholic that I am!! Between the downside of the disability and it's progression and overweight, it doesn't take much to give me an excuse to feel sorry for myself. The sad thing is that I'M NOT EVEN IRISH!!! :rofl:
Yesterday was good and today is going great. Weight is up 1 1/2 lbs. but this too shall pass. The weather will be nice soon and I'll be able to go for rides again. That's part of the problem too. Cabin Fever. :crazy:
Thanks again Gals. Happy Thursday!!

RubensMuse
03-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Aww...see you are on the positive path today Mel!
I AM irish and scottish and that headstrong gotta-have-it-my-way mentality really proves an issue at times. :) especially with carbs...and chocolate....and cake....and ....:yikes:

I too quickly learned 2 very important things today....
1. DO NOT weight yourself every day.
--- I could not help it and I could have easily been very disappointed in myself. I saw a 1.5 pound increase today. Now, I must convice myself that I am not taking into account the serious walking I am doing now (3-4 miles a day) and building muscle, which weighs more that my 'bubble wrap', and the other realization that takes me to #2...

2. Either always weigh in the sames clothes or naked. Monday I was nude when I weighed. Today I am in pants and a shirt. I stripped and the 1.5 magically disappeared.

Ladies please scream, yell and scold me for setting a trap for myself in even attempting to weight everyday. Threaten me with creative bombs of reproof!

I know I am excited, but this is part of the vicious cycle I set up for myself that has me reverting to giving up and going to Dairy Queen. I must stop this!!!

and Mel, yes my days a brighter. My 'problems' are not fixed, yet I have to resolve to accept that these things are out of my control and my life will go on despite these bumps in the road. I must play nice with others and not create situations that make the matters worse.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful day and I will be back later to see how you all are :hug:

wickedgrl_76
03-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Hello ladies

I have to say that when the scale doesn't move I wanna just say "forget it" & binge. But I've lost 18lbs & I can't expect to lose 7lbs every week. I get very discouraged... I'm my own worst enemy. I know some people weight themselves everyday & I just don't know how they can do that. Even though my weigh in was on monday, I got on the scale this morning just to see if I was down & I was still the same. I'm a total bonehead but the girl at work doing NS with me loses like a lb in 2 days. It freaks me out. All I have to say is that come monday I better be down atleast 2lbs because I've been working my butt off... literally. But then again my monthly "friend" is suppose to show up next week. I guess as long as I don't gain I should be ok.

RubensMuse
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Ya know overall we should just be proud of ourselves for trying so hard. I have decided that after this coming Monday, I will NOT weigh but every 2 weeks. I have to be fair to myself especially with the exercising. Even if after 2 weeks I only lose a half a pound, that is better than nothing. Your friend at work, I will assume, may have more weight to lose than you. There is a couple at my church that are on NS and it seemed that 30 pounds just dropped off them sitting right there in the chair! However, they were both in excess of 300lb with eating habits in the high thousand calorie range before (no kidding, these truly sweet people had food on them at all times). Yes these folks will have a quicker loss out of the starting gate, but they too will slow down. As for me, I feel that I may have been in the 2000-3000 range, with no exercise and skipping meals...all bad combos. Which is why I seem to hover at this weight level. So in learning new eating habits, my body will adjust in its own time and I have to accept that.

Keep up the excellent work Wickd!!!!

RubensMuse
03-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok I gotta gripe....
I went to the doctors today and of course I had to weigh.
Well I could swear they have a midget hiding in that scale! :snowball:

It showed I was 6 pounds heavier than my scale at home, which is properly calibrated, etc. Hmmm, this made me curious so I went to another scale....8 pounds up! Wow what a weight gain in just 30 feet! :rollpin:

Why do I torture myself so.......:foot:

vikki50
03-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Everytime I go to the Dr. the same thing happens. Just don't pay any attention. You are losing on your scale that is what is important!!!

MELODY525
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Ruben~ Just use one scale and don't think of the rest of them or you and I will go bonkers together!!! :rofl:
Let's make a promise no more torture for 2006!!! :dance:
Sweet dreams my friend.
I am getting up early and going fruit and veggie shopping!! I just started my next 28 day box! :carrot:

:wave: Hi Vikki :wave:

MELODY525
03-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Some how I missed a whole 1/2 of the first page. I just got to read them now.

Wicked & Ruben~ Both of you today had great words of wisdom about the reality of losing weight, expectations and scales. I feel better just having read these posts. wish I had seen them earlier. (Not sure what is wrong with me logging on etc. anyway.......)
I am going to stop making goals that are unrealistic and joining clubs where I cannot possibly keep mup with their weight losses. I too am my own worst enemy and was setting myself up for failure.
One thing I learned this past week or so is that people I thought were friends have been plying me with food and although I got rid of most of it, that is how I caved in. So if they won't stop then I must use the NO Thanks words and mean them. I was silly enough to rely on them NOT to do this instead of making new habits for me. It was a good lesson to depend on myself.... a much needed lesson. Today was another 100% day and I am back to my old self. Have a great day tomorrow. I am going food shopping! Sweet dreams all!!

vikki50
03-24-2006, 01:04 AM
I have been reading and reading posts all night, from Jazzman's board to here. My brain is fryed!!!! But I got alot of good tips from everyone. I am so excited about this. You are all really inspiring.

One question , Do you have to absolutely drink all the water. I have a very hard time getting in 8 glasses. I feel like I am going to float away. What will happen if I don't . Does it really help you lose weight?

vikki50
03-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Oh and where do you go to get the weight ticker at the bottom of everyones page? I have looked and looked. Thanks

RubensMuse
03-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Vikki~ for the ticker, go to the top of this Page. You will see User CP on the far left. Click on that. The on the far left you will see Edit Signature.....
Then below the little sample of a ticker you will see a link to Add a ticker, (Click here) this will take you to another area but don't worry, you will come back....once you are in the ticker area, add your weights then follow the directions and make your choices. At the end you will see a little sample of your ticker displayed and a set of choices below to copy/paste. Choose the BB (Forum Code) Copy the text in the little box. At the top of the page you will see that little tab for Forum, click on that and then click on User CP....Edit Signature...scroll down a bit to the text area and Paste the ticker info in.....Save Signature and you are done!!!

RubensMuse
03-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Ladies I found a VERY interesting article on eDiets that I want to share with you....it opened my eyes to certain elements to my thinking regards dieting...I hope we can all glean something from this.....:hug:

Is The Victim Mentality Keeping You Fat?
By Dr. Matthew Anderson
Exclusive for eDiets

This can be a highly-sensitive subject so let me make myself very clear from the start. Some people are actual victims and they deserve and need our compassion and protection. These individuals include, but are not limited to, abused children, rape victims and victims of terrorism and natural disasters. My article today is not focused on anyone who has been truly victimized and is attempting to recover from a terrible event or circumstance. Instead I am looking at what I call The Victim Mentality.
The Victim Syndrome is a point of view, a way of seeing self and the world that is almost always self-destructive and frequently contributes to weight gain. It leads to powerlessness, blame, low self-esteem, resentment and fat. If the Victim Syndrome is not identified and managed it can destroy your body, your relationships and eventually, your life.

This toxic way of seeing self and life can be the result of actual victimization that was so traumatic that it poisoned the victim’s ability to return to a healthy view of life. It can also be a “family tradition” or way of seeing one’s position in society that has been passed down from generation to generation. Either way, the end result is the same. The Victim Syndrome always leads us down the path to powerlessness and self-destruction.

Today I want to offer you a check list of Victim Syndrome characteristics. I hope you will review it carefully and see if even one applies to you whether you consider yourself a victim or not. You may be surprised to discover that you have been “infected” at least to some degree. If you find that one or more of the items on my list applies to you, then you would do well to pay close attention to its effects on your well-being. Making even a small change in attitude will make a great difference in your life.

The Victim Syndrome Check List:nono:

To what degree do these items apply to your thinking, feeling and behaving? Be as honest as you can. Your sense of power, effectiveness, success and satisfaction in life could be at stake.

1. I often feel powerless to change my life for the better.

2. I harbor a great deal of resentment toward others.

3. I often blame others (spouse, parents, economy, lack of education, etc.) for the unhappy circumstances in my life.

4. I can easily name “good” reasons for why I cannot change.

5. I have many friends and family that agree with my “good” reasons.

6. I have a hard time forgiving others.

7. I have a hard time forgiving myself.

8. I dislike or am uncomfortable with the word “responsibility.”

9. I resent and resist the idea of growing up.

10. I often fear life and its challenges.

11. When I am afraid I usually honor that fear and allow it to stop my productive action.

12. I often share my feelings of powerlessness with others.

13. I complain a lot.

14. I avoid people who encourage me to make positive changes.

15. I have not taken a significant risk in years.

16. I use my size, sex, education, etc. as an excuse for my passivity.

17. I have decided that one cannot heal from past trauma.

18. I refuse to make a list of positive changes I want in my life and begin to make a plan of action.

19. I think that all these items apply to someone else.

Please review the list again. Most of us have some of these attitudes some of the time. I know it is tough to deal with, but facing your Victim Syndrome could be the most courageous and life-transforming act so far. :goodvibes

If you discover that more than a few of these items apply to you then please find a good support group or a therapist to help you begin the process of positive change. Change is possible. You can shake off the mentality of a victim and learn many new skills that will empower and inspire you to lead a happier and healthier life.

DebDixon
03-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi all!!

Rubens you are right - we should be proud of ourselves. We have made a decision to change out lives and that takes alot of guts. Face it - it really would be easier to just keep eating the same way and just keep putting on the weight. But we CHOOSE not to. Life is about the choices you make and we are in the process of making a positive change. Sure they will be slips and some falls but as long as we pick ourselves up and get back on the wagon we are doing great.

I do advise against weighing everyday - gosh when I tried that it was soooo discouraging. I actually gained last week for no reason that I could tell and it was hard. But guess what? Had my weigh in today and I was down 1.4 lbs. So even a little progress is good

Mel - I hope that spring comes soon up in NJ. We are lucky down here in FL because everything is blooming and the weather is really great. And it makes a huge difference in how you feel.

Wicked - you are doing great!! Just keep your head in the game. The scales will catch up.

Well I'm off to see my sister in SC so won't be posting for about a week. Everyone please take care - I'll have all of you in my thoughts. :hug:

Deb

vikki50
03-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks Ruben, I found it and will give it a try.

Rizeninme
03-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone-

Just wanted to put in my two cents about the scale.

I used to be truly obssessive about weighing myself- every day, sometimes more than once! But, I have forced myself to only weigh once a week. I am so easily discouraged, and so tempted to binge when I am frustrated with the scale. It's really hard to avoid somedays though!

I weigh myself every Monday morning in my birthday suit. I chose Monday because I too, can be tempted on the weekends if I know I have had a good week. I also measure myself every Monday as well. This has actually been the most motivating thing, because I have had weeks where I have gained, but I always lost inches. So I know that I may be gaining mucle, or retaining water, but I know that I am still getting smaller, and that is my ultimate goal. I want to be a size 10, and I don't care if I weigh 180 pounds- it's not about a number on a scale to me. My goal is a size.

I also only go by my own scale, and not the scale at the Dr's office. There must be some kind of medical conspiracy, because I have never, and I mean never, ever been on a Dr's scale that was less than my scale at home, and I have had several scales at home, and many, many Dr's scales. Makes you wonder.......

MELODY525
03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Riz~ You know I am adding measuring to my Monday morning routine. I keep forgetting so I just got the tape measure out and placed it here by the pc. Good reminder....thanks!!

Vikki~ Hope you get the ticker!!!

Deb~ I am poutting the word choice on my forhead in black magic marker!! :rofl:

Ruben~ I will come back and read your whole post over again over the weekend. Good post!!

Well gals it is day 3 back on plan and I started the new month of food. I also saw the woman on QVC from NS again today. My DD called to tell me she was on and I could get motivated even more!! :dance: Had a chat with my pharmacist and he said the meds are not easy to live with and I really need to take that into consideration and not be so hard on myself. Between him and the Dr I feel more in control. When you do something every day you forget there are consequences...I'll try not to lose track of their thoughts and advice.
Have a great weekend and stay well!! :moped:

vikki50
03-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Hi all. The start of a weekend ,, my hardest time. But I am going to do this. I have been so good all week, don't want to blow it now!!

vikki50
03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Yea the ticker worked. Thanks Ruben, I got it!

MELODY525
03-25-2006, 02:36 PM
:wave: Hello Nutrichicks of the globe!! :rofl:
Having a good weekend? I am doing fine so far with all of your help!!! :cb:

Vikki~ I refuse to start all over again so I am trying to make sure there are no foul-ups this weekend!! lol
Good luck and stay strong!! :strong:

RubensMuse
03-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey ya'll! Cute ticker Vikki, glad to have helped. :)
Mel, no turning back now girl, keep on rolling!
It's 10:00pm and I just finished work...i think i might go for a walk...am I crazy?? :)

MELODY525
03-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Vikki~ Nice ticker!! Glad you got it!
Ruben~ How was the late night stroll???

I weighed in for Monday and have lost 1 of the 2 lbs I gained horsing around with Irish Soda Bread!! I feel much better seeing it move again. I did some of the Richard Simmons Sit Tight tape. GOD!!! WHAT WAS THAT MAN THINKING???? IS HE TRYING TO KILL ALL THE DISABLED IN THE WORLD???? GEEZ!!! I got almost 11 minutes into the tape when I thought my heart would RUPTURE!!! :rofl: I would only recommend this tape for those that still retain their upper body strength. It's much too strenuous and too fast moving. Thus you feel
"inadequate" trying to keep up and I certainly don't need any help in that area :tantrum: :rofl: But I will try again and I also have another sitting tape that Jen bought me from PBS TV.:ebike:
Happy Sunday and hope we all have 100% days this week! (especially me LOL) :scooter:

vikki50
03-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks Mel, I am doing ok so far. Really wanted to eat something last night about 9:00 before I went to bed, and I had already eaten everything I could. I wasn't hungry , just bored, so I just made myself go to bed instead of opening the fridge. Felt good this morning that overcame that impulse. That is going to be my problem, I am a emotional eater. So this journey to lose weight will be as much about how I think, as what I am eating. LOL It can never be easy can it??? But the food does take the planning out of it, which is good for me. I know exactly what I can and can't do when it comes to meal time. And that is half the battle.
I just made the pancakes for breakfast this morning, I couldn't believe how good they were. I am plesantly surprised every time I have something new.
I weigh in tomorrow , 2nd week. I hope I have lost at least a few more lbs, really nervous about it.
And Ruben, thanks for the help on the ticker again. Now I need to get off my butt, and get out there and walk!

RubensMuse
03-26-2006, 04:42 PM
The walk was brilliant! It was even a bit chilly last night which really made me hustle my hiney. I got home about midnight and went to bed...nice long fullfiling sleep :cloud9:

Vikki~~~ look back on page 2 of this thread to see the comments about weighing every day. I too fell into that pit and you will see the conclusion I came to. I honestly feel have have to have no expectations for the scale, and I have a new way of dealing with that....let me share.....

1. I have decided that I will weigh only every 2 weeks.
2. The weeks I don't weigh I will do measurements instead.

Example: this monday I will weigh, next monday i will measure and so on.
That way I have something to go on each week despite what the other 'reading' says. So what if the scale says only 1 pound...but I may lose 3 inches!!! that would be cool too, right? Or ok I loose 2 pounds but only 1 inch...still not bad eh? I say heck yeah, sounds great!

So keep with it. We are here with you! :hug:

RubensMuse
03-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Ok ladies I am at the end of week two. As you remember, the prior week had me binging on a Saturday with chocolate.....this past week I faired much better only eating a hamburger patty (no bun) and only 4, yes 4 french fried onions (out those on the patty)....that being the only thing off plan.

Today is weight day....and I am off to the scale......(((((DRUM ROLL)))))

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
238!!!!! 4 pounds GONE!
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Well, I wish I had done this diet a looooong time ago. Finally, some progress!
The Hub weighs today too but he is sleeping so I will have to share his results later. I think he overshot me, but I dunno, he has ate off plan (not badly) a few times. I can see a difference in his belly already.

I promised to treat myself to a non-food item at 10 pound increments....so I will be off to Bath & Body Works for some smell good body care! I will see if the Hub will go with me today (we are both off on Mondays).

I also discovered a sinful dessert that is on plan. I wanted something creamy but light feeling, the pudding is a little heavy sometimes. So I took my 2tbs of FF peanut butter and of FF whipped cream and mixed them together. Girls, it was heavenly. Like having a peanutbutter cream pie without the crust. And to make it appear to last longer, I ate it with a small teaspoon.

Well I am off to change my ticker!!! Thanks for YOU gals and lets keep up the encourgagment for everyone. WE CAN SUCCEED~~~~~~

MELODY525
03-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Monday morning weigh-in:178.5
1.5 lbs gone from last week's gain. I am happy:carrot:
I still need to do the inches but I ate already... so tomorrow will be inches. The MDA Doctor has asked for a weekly weigh-in and would like inches too. He is concerned with muscle loss as I hardly have any left. It's something we have both talked about in the past. I am to bring a food diary and the measurements in when I come.
I have been journaling and keeping my diary up to date on the NS website every day. :D
On the right hand side of this page is a NS advertisement!!! ROFLMAO
A lady with a very skinny belly! :belly: I will get there too!!
I missed the bus for the Mall so I'll Spring clean instead. Have a great day! :scooter:

Ruben~ Good for you!!! :cb: Congratulations to you and probably the Hubby too!! :carrot: I am so glad for you!! Enjoy the new scents at the store. I was just there last week! LOLBought some stuff for a friend's BD. Have fun!!!

:wave: Vikki, Deb and Riz :wave:

vikki50
03-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Yea Ruben and Mel, congratulations!!! Can you believe it I was supposed to weigh in this morning, was late for work and forgot. It just hit me a few minutes ago. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow morning and then see how I did. I was did execellent all weekend so I am crossing my fingers that the scale finally dropped.

vikki50
03-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Well I just weighed in, and I didn't lose anything. Stayed the same. I'm trying not to be disappointed. I didn't cheat at all this week. I guess I should be happy about the 9lbs the first week, as that is alot of weight. It probably took my body all week to get over the shock of losing that. LOL
I will keep plugging away, and I am going to buy a tape measure like everyone has suggested. Don't know if i've lost inches, but my pants are loser.

I didn't ever get my 8 glasses of water drank, that is so hard for me. Do you think that might be the reason?

MELODY525
03-28-2006, 11:17 AM
vikki~ I am a slow loser and don't drink 8 glasses either. Not sure if that is the reason but for me it is lack of exercise. so I'm not a good person to give advice on that. But I would think the 9 lb loss might have something to do with it. Let us remember that every one's bldy is different and we don't know how it will react. Glad you are trying not to be disappointed and instead focus on the YOU that you want to see in the mirror!! Keep the body moving!!! We'll all get there. :hug: This week might have been inches for you instead! :cheer:

Nothing new here. Staying on plan and keeping busy is the name of the game this week for me!! so far it is working!!
Happy Tuesday!!

wickedgrl_76
03-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey ladies

I had a bad weekend. Not that I binged or anything but I went away & didn't take my food with me. I didn't eat anything too horrible but I didn't have any of the NS foods. So I got on the scale & I gained 1lbs but my monthly "friend" is suppose to come tomorrow so I know that I'm bloated. I usually don't weigh myself the week my "friend" is coming but I thought "what the ****" :shrug:. I hate that my weight fluctuates during that time of the month. Its so frustrating 'cause I get discouraged very easily so when I didn't see the scale move, I just wanted to stuff my face with food :cbg:. But when my insane moment :tantrum:passed & I had some clarity, I realized that I'm just retaining water. So hopefully monday when I weigh in again I'm hoping to be down like 3lbs. I've been working out like crazy :ebike: :lifter: :woops: & drinking so much water so hopefully my next weigh in will be positive. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
:dust:

RubensMuse
03-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Vikki~ Don't let that scale bum your day. It is the devil in a plastic suit. I don't know if this well help but I will share with you The Things I Learned from my Endocrinologist (saw him this week).

I too lost quite a bit my first week and was told the following by him:

1. The first week is going to be water/fluid as my body readjusts to the change in eating habits, increased fiber and raise in metabolism is a large factor. After your second week the loss should slow down as the 'burning' truly begins.

2. The more overweight you are the more fluid you can retain.

3. If you are exercising in ANY capacity and it is an increase from your previous habits, then the body will use the protein you are ingesting to repair itself and rebuild muscle mass....albeit muscle weighs more that fat.

4. Loss in size comes from the shrinking of fat cells. So even if the scale says ZERO your cells can still be shrinking.

5. Fat cells and metabolism readjust constantly with weight loss. This can also alter scale readings or if you have lost a considerable amount of weight and suddenly plateau can mean an adjustment is needed in caloric intake, exercise or types of food chosen.

6. It is absolutely not safe or reasonable to assume you should lose more than 1-2 pounds a week. Doing so may make YOU feel good but your body is not thanking you and you run a much higher risk of gaining it back even quicker than how you lost it.

7. Losing weight progressively and staying hydrated (water/fluids) will help your body continue to heal itself during your weight loss as well as, tighten skin (less fat flaps), maintain regular temperature control and metabolism (thyroid support), help you extract nutrients properly from your meals (back to that wonderful protein building) and keep your body regular (smooth movements).

**I am not endorsing or condemning the next activity, purely relating what was stated to me by my physician**

8. In comparision to those that opt for weight loss surgery, losing weight progressively is less hard on your body and allows it time to adjust to each phase required. WLS starts all the functions at one time and can have less desireable results (losing hair, hormonal issues, bowel issues, kidney issues, etc).

****end of doc info, the rest is my ramblings****

Sure you get small quick, but IN MY OPINION not worth the risks. Only I am responsible for allowing my weight to be where it is regardless of my own personal medical conditions. I am the one that ate all those calories and I am the one who did little to work them off. Basically, I feel I did little to support what my body needed to maintain a healthy weight and instead shoved into what I wanted.

Well that is it for today. ~~Vikki~~~~ I hope you can find something in the above garble that will make you feel better and motivating to keep up the fight...same to you ~~Wickd and Mel and the rest of you wonderful, strong, capable women!!!!

Be well and have a great NS day!!!

MELODY525
03-29-2006, 10:03 AM
:cofdate: Good Morning Nutrichicks! Hope you all have a grand Wednesday! Enjoy!! Spring seems to be here now in the Northeast this week. Hope now I said it it doesn't snow tonite!! I have been having good days on NS with the exception of one frappuccino each day on and off. I am trying to wean myself off the coffee as was recommended to me. The headaches were just too much to bear. So it is going much better now but the weight loss would be better without them.:p

Wicked~ :hug: All is not lost over a weekend. NS even has those weekend off plans. The main thing is facing it and going back to plan. Give yourself a hug and a pat on the back. I'm not making excuses...we are all human so there are going to be "challenges". Put the scale in the closet!!
I would also like to add to Ruben's sound advice.....when exercising, the muscles get a bit inflamed. The amount of inflammation depends on how much you are "burning" them. So the body automatically will need the fluid to hydrate them. I learned from a previous diet plan that the tape measure and your own clothes are a much better judge of weight loss. Riz reminded me of that in one of her previous posts.

Vikki~ I don't see you here!!:mag:

Ruben~ Your Doctor has said what many of mine have. They don't believe in shocking the body's functions either. Slow is better. How did the Hubby do?? Are you both still liking the food and did the new stuff arrive yet? I found them a bit slow on my replacements for my missing foods. Somehow I thought it would get here faster. :faint:
A Dr asked me if I got fat OVERNIGHT...and then promptly told me to find some patience! :yoga:

wickedgrl_76
03-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Good Morning all :coffee:

Thanks for the encouraging words Melody. I'm my own worst enemy. NS has changed the way I live my life. To me this isn't a diet 'cause a diet is a quick fix. This, to me, has changed the way I see food & how to live healthier. So I know that when I eat out I make smart choice but there's a little voice in my head making me feel guilty about not eating the NS foods. I know that sounds silly. Plus as far as the scale goes, you're right. My clothes are falling off me & I've lost alot of inches so that's good. But psychologically it helps to see the numbers on the scale go down. But like I said, I'm expecting my monthly "friend" between today or tomorrow so I know that I'm retaining water. I'm really hoping on monday to see a nice number lost on my scale. I've been excercising my butt off (literally).

RubensMuse
03-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Mel~ The Hub did great he is down another 3 pounds for this week...forget to add his progress here. :idea:
We are still enjoying the food and you are right on the replacments, I have yet to see them. But I did order our next month already! and i got to pick my foods so there will be a few new things to try.

One other thing I learned from my doc, is a weekend binge (Sat/Sun) will not show up in its true 'damage' till like Wednesday. I takes the body a while to do everything it needs and store what it wants. So even if you think 2 days of peanut M&Ms and pizza and no gain on Monday, you might be surprized come Wed. :yikes: ~~ Good point on the muscle swelling too and the fluid replacements. Our bodies are wonderfully made, confusing, but wonderful all the samel.

My walks are getting longer and quicker so my next weigh day (2 weeks) will be interesting. I will be measuring this Monday so that will be interesting too.

Ta ta for now...off to work!

MELODY525
03-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Not sure Monday will bring me a good weigh-in but I am trying! Today is gorgeous :sunny: and I need to get out for a short ride. :moped: Still a bit chilly when driving down the tree lined street but it blows the cobwebs out of the head!! I was talking with a friend and I think I will order month number 3 in a week or two. I was going to start cooking the NS way and buy the book but I love the ease of tossing it in the micro and not measuring anything!!! :cheer:
Happy Thursday!!

Ruben~ Horray for both of you then!! let us know if there are any new foods that taste great. It always amazes me that one person can love something and another hate it. I read it every day on the boards :rofl: My dr also said it can take up to a week after a binge and I have actually had that happen to me! :lol3:

Vikki~ glad your clothes are falling off and hope they don't do that in public! :rofl: I just saw your "will power dust" and it reminded me that I could use some!!!

readyfreddy
03-30-2006, 09:16 PM
so... i have a question...
whats the deal with adding fruits, veggies and dairy? is it obligatory? im worried if i add all that i will be above my desired cal totals for the day.

im thinking about just adding one fruit (as a snack) per day and then two veggies.

so i would add like an apple, and some broccoli and carrots or something....

i also dont have the $$ to spend over about 10 per week at the grocery store on this stuff...

whats your take?

RubensMuse
03-30-2006, 09:24 PM
I asked this same question to my counselor from NS. She said it is the combinations of what we eat that spark the burning metabolism, omitting anything can alter that. My advise would be to still add them, just in very limited qauntities. Like instead of gorging on fruit in the AM, I eat like a 1/4 cup of Applesauce or have a hardboiled egg for the protein. Your choices are fine, but eat them with the meals outlined as that is how the program is set to work.

readyfreddy
03-30-2006, 09:41 PM
k- i love hard boiled eggs so i may do that. eggs are pretty cheap too and they fill me up. and check about eating them with food... makes sense. like someone else said- i am burned out on salads (although thats from eating salads from a college salad bar for 4 years...not sb)

tonight since i hadn't had a chance to hit the store i ate 2 c. of broccoli soup (120 cal tot.) with dinner... hopefully that wont mess things up!

also- one more qu-

does caffine consumtion affect the diet? i drink rockstars (diet - 40 cals, 2 g prot, 4 carbs LOTS of b vits and lots of caffine, about 3 times a week...)

RubensMuse
03-30-2006, 09:45 PM
The tricky thing about caffeine is that it makes you retain fluid (water) so you might be holding water that may make the scale appear slow. If you cut those out you might be suprized how much water you retained from them.

RubensMuse
03-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Ok so Mel where is Ms. Vikki??? wait, wasnt' she going away for a few days?

Well me and the HUb are doing great and feeling overall satisfied with NS. Came across some foods we could do without, but we will just change them for next month. I made my new month order and hope it gets here soon before we run out of food!~:yikes: I don't trust myself!!!!
Actually if we have to go a few days off NS food I think we will do fine. I have some chicken breasts in the freezer and veggies and fruit so I will just have to concentrate on the portion. We will eventually have to eat 'normal' someday anyhow so might as well start as soon as we can.

Taken nice long walks this week and feeling really good about them. Gives me a good chance to unwind and enjoy the breezes. I really like walking at night when things are quiet.

Mel I hope you are feeling well these days girl! I am sure you are having more adjusting to do, but keep up the awesome progress!!! Upper body workout baby, yeah! :cb:

vikki50
03-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi all, I am back, yes I took a few days off of work, and left town. But I took my food with me and did really good. Didn't cheat once on it. Except that I did go have a few drinks with friends. I left out a few snacks that day as I knew I was going to do that. I KNOW not a very healthy thing to do, but fun!!!

Ruben it sounds like you and Hubby are having a good week. Thanks for all the dr info, I have read and reread it. I will try to get in more water, and be more patient!!! LOL

Mel, I need your inspiration to get out there and exercise. I have walked a few times but I just can't seem to get motivated to do it. I'm not sure what mon will bring either. The scale still doesn't seem to move. I know, stay off the darn thing. LOL

Freddy, I seem to have the opposite problem, I want to eat the veggies all the time. I am afraid maybe I am eating to many. I think your food choices sound good.

Wicked hope you are having a good day!!

Well , it's the weekend again. That is my hardest time, too much time on my hands. So I will try to exercise instead of opening the refridgerator a million times.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

DebDixon
03-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Nutrichicks!!:wave:

I'm back from a week at my sister's house - missed everyone; but it looks like everyone is doing great!!

Had a wonderful time at my sister's but can't say that I was 100% while there. We had a blow out one night at the Mexican joint; but other than that I was pretty good. Also ate out a few times and stuck with salad & soup so hopefully I didn't mess up too bad! But I think I'll stay off the scale this week. I get so discouraged if I even gain a 1/2 lb. So, why torture myself?

I did get a Walk Away the Pounds DVD while I was there and we tried it out. It is quite a workout for a couch potatoe like me so I'm hoping to make myself start moving more. :running:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's beautiful here in Tallahassee.

Deb

readyfreddy
03-31-2006, 06:46 PM
this weekend im going home and was going to bring my NS food... but in the interests of saving myself some $$.... im just going to try to eat low GI and small portions. my fam eats a lot of lean prot, veggies, dairy etc so i should be okay. this may mess up my weigh in at the end of the week tho- cuz i may not lose the same as if i had just done NS....

hmmm....

MELODY525
03-31-2006, 07:39 PM
:welcome: Freddy!!! Glad you arrived! Safe trip.

:welcome: Home Deb!

:wave: Ruben & Vikki

I have been offered a chance to make some extra cash starting today so I won't be posting for a few days. I'll be too worn out but the $$ is needed and will help me stay with NS a while longer too!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!!! I should be here by Tuesday/Wednesday. :scooter:
Adios my friends.

RubensMuse
03-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Welcome back Deb!!!!!! Yea you were missed :) but it sounds like you had fun and everyone should do that once in a while ya know. You'll be back in the swing of things again. If I may make a suggestion, why don't you measure this week instead of weigh, that way if the scale does not budge, then you may still have a good result.

We are doing good but I just HAD to have a Subway sub today. It was uncontrollable. I only ate half though and it it had no mayo and was on wheat bread.

Well that means a nice looooooong walk tonight. **sigh** I am off for a nice walk then a nice hot bath...some ME time tonight.

See yas!!!! have a wonderbar weekend!

RubensMuse
03-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Have fun and do wonderful things Mel!!! We will miss you!!!

vikki50
04-01-2006, 10:33 AM
:?: I can't believe this, I stepped on the scales and gained 2 lbs. What is going on? I haven't cheated, I am getting in my veggies, not all my fruits, but I am doing everything I am supposed to, with just a few exceptions. Why haven't I lost anymore after my first week? I am very frustrated. I weigh in monday, if it doesn't move by then, I don't know what I am going to do. :cry: :shrug:

RubensMuse
04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Vikki, hang in there. You might have some water retention or the fact you might eating more protein than you are used to is building muscle, as it by far weighs more..are you weighing naked or in the same clothes? Do your clothes fit better? If so use that as your gauge before letting this get you down. I am actually glad I opted to not weigh this Monday and measure instead cause I think I will have had a stand still or even a gain myself. (went a little overboard in a Thai restarant) :o

Hang in there Vikki. Give yourself time to make this work. Just think, this is a complete change of eating habits that will become a way of life, your body has to adjust just as much as you do. YOU WILL MAKE IT!!!! :cb: :hug:

DebDixon
04-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Good morning Nutrichicks!!:carrot:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Freddy - hope your weekend went well and you stayed on track - I was thrilled when I weighted myself after getting back from my sister's house and finding that I had lost 1.4 pounds - WOO HOO!! So you never know. I actually wasn't going to weigh because I knew that I hadn't been 100% while I was there.

Vikki - try not to get discouraged. My weight changes throughout during the week. That's why I try not to step on the scales more than once a week. At you weighing at the same time of day each time? I always weigh in the mornings - after I get up but before I eat or drink anything. And if I wait until after my shower I weigh even less. Something about the way your body reacts to the hot water. Try it. Also the first week is usually the largest weight loss - it should even out at between 1-2 lbs. a week. Slow but sure will win the race!!:goodscale

Rubens - if the worst thing you eat is a Subway without mayo you are doing great!!! Just walk it off and drink lots of water :running: - I think it really makes the difference.

Well I'll be tested tonight - DH boss is buying dinner - at a Mexican restaurant - My favorite. I'll let you know how it goes.

Deb

vikki50
04-02-2006, 12:01 PM
I hope so, this is about my last resort, I've tried everything else. I really thought this would work. I know I am eating so many less calories then I usually every did. The first week it dropped off. Now nothing for 2 weeks. I stepped on the scale this morning and the 2 lbs is still there. I drank all my water yesterday, and stayed on the plan. I haven't started to exercise yet. I guess I need to get my butt going and go for a walk today. But with this few of calories I should be losing without the exercise.
Hope everyone else is doing good this weekend.

vikki50
04-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh, and yes Deb, I always weigh first thing in the morning. But haven't tryed the shower thing. LOL I will keep plugging on!! Not going to give up yet.

readyfreddy
04-03-2006, 02:23 AM
well the weekend wasnt too bad. big splurges were one choc chip cookie and a little too much at dinner tonight. i have two days to be back on track before weigh in... so i will be happy with a one to two lb weight loss. fingers crossed. i am loving theplan though. and my portion control was sooo much better with the portion distortion. anyone do anything cool this weekend?

MELODY525
04-03-2006, 11:02 AM
:hug: VIKKI~ I TRIED WEIGHING MYSELF THESE LAST 4 DAYS NOW JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I WENT FROM 178 TO 180.5 :crazy: BUT IT WAS ENLIGHTENING! !lol
I HOPE THE SCALE MOVES FOR BOTH OF US!!!:carrot:

FREDDY~ I ALSO USE LOW SALT V-8 AND BABY CARROTS FOR WHEN I JUST CANNOT EAT ANOTHER SALAD OR VEGGIE. I ALSO FIND THAT IF I COOK A BAG OF FROZEN VEGGIES AND PUT THEM IN 1/2 CUP CONTAINERS THAT I WILL EAT THEM WITH MY MEAL....THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THEM BEING ALL READY TO GRAB THAT WORKS BETTER FOR ME.

DEB ~ HOPE THE DINNER WENT WELL!! KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT DID! OLE!!!:carrot:

RUBEN~GLAD THE HUBBY AND YOURSELF ARE DOING SO WELL. I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT SUPPORT TO ALL OF US AND WANT TO THANK YOU:hug: WHEN OTHERS WERE EATING OVER THE WEEKEND, I SAID NO THANKS AND CAME UP FOR MY OWN FOOD. I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU AND THE HUBSTER EATING NS!!! :rofl:

I FINISHED THE WORK 2 DAYS EARLY AND WILL STILL GET THE SAME AMOUNT! SO I HAVE THESE 2 DAYS BACK!!!!! GLAD IT'S OVER. NOW ON TO MORE NS & EXERCISING. GOTTA MOVE IT TO LOSE IT IS MY 2006 MOTTO SINCE I JOINED LINDAT'S THREAD IN JANUARY FOR EXERCISING EVERY DAY.
HERE IS THE ADDIE IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79376&goto=newpost
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS AND EACH IS DOING THEIR "OWN THING". BUT IT'S NICE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE. :ebike:
HAPPY MONDAY AND HOPE WE ALL HAVE 100% WEEKS!!!

readyfreddy
04-03-2006, 11:33 PM
melody= thanks for the hint! i love veggies so i think once i can get to the store i will be set... just for some reason salads arent my thing.

my weekend was good- ate pretty well! looking forward to weigh in wed...

ruben thats so cool that you and dh are doing ns together....
this past summer my bf and i did ww together and he lost a TON but i didnt... so i got kind of frusterated!

MELODY525
04-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Freddy~ Yes V-8 has really helped me ALOT!!! :rofl:

Seems like everyone disappeared and it's a ghost town:dance: Nothing to report. Just checking in.

vikki50
04-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Well, the 2 lbs are off this morning. I decided to just have 1 cup of coffee this morning, and have started drinking my water already. I hope I can get it all in. Came close yesterday. Had 6 glasses. I don't know why that is so hard for me. I usually drink coffee all morning at work, then a diet pepsi at lunch, then I switch to the water. But have to change all my bad habits!! LOL I will probably have a killer headache from withdrawal.
Hope everyone is doing well!!

readyfreddy
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
vikki - i drink water a lot because i love it but if i am having a hard time i "dress it up" to make it more interesting. things that help me get it down- having it VERY cold, icy even. adding a twist of lemon, freezing some icecubes with rasberrys in them and using them in my water, adding some cucumber slices and mint to a pitcher in the fridge. drinking it HOT with lemon. and its easy when you always have it in front of you. maybe treat yourself to a fun water holder (i have a hot pink nalgene i love) and then you will feel like since you spent $$ on it, you should use it?? (or am i the only one that cheap haha)

good luck in any case!

im looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.. a little nervous, but we shall see.

ryzmom
04-04-2006, 02:08 PM
:carrot:

YAY about the V-8 !! It never occurred to me. One more piece of lettuce or broccoli in this mouth and it would have been CURTAINS!!

I hopped on the scale midweek this morning & I lost 2lbs, that makes 9.5 total. won't change my ticker til official day on Friday. (shame on me.)

dh & I are getting ready to put house up for sale, and it's exhausting. He's painting like a mad man. I get tired just watching him ;) Of course I get to do the taping and the woodwork paint.

I'm going to market to grab some V8!

atechwoman
04-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey all, I'm chiming in here, I'm on NS too! I started on March 1st and have 50+ pounds to lose. Quit smoking on Jan 22nd, I was already overweight, but I knew that would make the weight come on too. So, I waited til I was a little stronger in the quit smoking dept before I joined NS. My mom lost 30+ pounds on NS about 25 years ago. I have only lost 5 lbs in 4 weeks. I weigh in on Wednesdays (tomorrow) and am kinda nervous. Didn't lose anything week 3, gained a 1/2 pound on week 4, so here comes week 5!! I started walking on the tread mill when I joined NS and have worked up to 5 days a week with some ab exercises thrown in. I may not have lost much, but I can tell I'm getting toned, my rolls are now more like lumps LOL!! Do all of you check in everyday? I love this site, I've been coming here for awhile. I can't find where they review the "latest and greatest" weight loss pill. I always loved when they broke down every ingredient in the pills and listed what the ingredient did (or didn't do I should say!). Oh well, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Colleen, age 43, married and mother of 1 daughter (23) and 3 stepsons (23,16,15) and oh my can those boys eat! The 16 & 15 year old live with us. I'll be back tomorrow!

Colleen
183/178/130

vikki50
04-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Welcome Colleen. Glad you are here. I have had the same problem, I lost great the first week, and haven't lost anything since. But I can really tell in my clothes, they are fitting so much looser, and Today I finally had someone say to me that I looked like I had lost weight!! YEA!!! That was enough motivation for me. I will stick with this even if it is slow. It took me 10 years to gain it, I guess I can be patient taking it off!! LOL

And Freddy, thanks for the tips with the water. I hadn't thought about that I will definitely try all them all!!

Rysmom, Way to go, 2lbs, that is great!! I wish I could say that!

Mel, Ruben, Wicked, HI, hope you are all doing good!! :wave:

See you all tomorrow!

MELODY525
04-05-2006, 10:52 AM
:welcome: to the new faces!! Good to see you.:wave:

Vikki~ Congrats on the loss!! Good for you and I am glad to see you'll be getting more water in. Watch the sodium on the sodas. I get the caffeine withdrawal headaches too so I weaned myself off as much as possible. I tried cold turkey but the pain was too bad. Good luck! :hug:

Freddy~ I use new water holders too for motivation. I have an assortment of glasses, mugs and bottles. I buy them when one catches my eye!! :rofl:

Karen~ congratulations on the loss too! Good luck with the house selling! Funny but I was just reading on another thread how to attract buyers with a spell. Wonder if it ever worked for the girl?!?!?

Colleen~ welcome anf congratulations to you also!! Nice start. WTG with the quitting smoking!! Good for you!! I was a 3 pack a day and gave it up in 1990. One of the hardest things I ever did so I can appreciate your accomplishment!! :carrot:

Ruben???? and where are the others???? Hmmmmm....:?:
I have been doing well but don't think the scale is moving any time soon. :faint: I am just concentrating on "keep going", exercising and getting out for freah air. :cool:
for those that are new, there are the bulletin boards at NS.com and also at the Jazzman's website. You will find many good recipes and tips there also.... a lot of people doing the plan using their own food. But my personal preference is here where I began in 2003.:love:
Good luck to you all and Happy Wednesday.....can the weekend really be 2 days away?? :p YAY!!!! :dance:

readyfreddy
04-05-2006, 12:22 PM
okay- i lost 2.5 lbs!!!!!!!! im very excited. I was expecting like 1-2 MAX. (especially since I went to chevys last night and had a platter of nachos, oops). I feel really positive that i can keep going. Since I only want to lost 15-20 lbs 2.5 lbs perweek * 8 weeks puts me right in that range!

soo wooohooo for NS. i feel like i can do this!

vikki50
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
:cp: Horray!!! Good for you Freddy, That is awesome. :cb:
I can't wait until I am where you are!!!!

MELODY525
04-05-2006, 01:08 PM
:dance: :cb: :carrot: :belly:
CONGRATUALTIONS FREDDY!!! ENJOY THIS FEELING ALLLLL DAYYYYYY!!!!!

RubensMuse
04-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Did ya'll think I fell off the earth?? Well ladies I have just been super busy this week and never seemed to have time to just stop and chill. We'll I am making time today dangit!!! I missed you guys though! :grouphug:

I read through and am so glad everyone is doing well. Vikki keep up the good work and hang in there IT WILL HAPPEN! CONGRATS TO ALL the "LOSERS" :carrot:

Mel, you are always such a bright spot in the day. Your entries are always inspirational to me and I really enjoy them. :)

As for moi...well me and the Hub are doing well. The Hub didn't lose anything on his weigh in Monday, but he is losing inches. He also eats off plan more that I do..however.....I am ashamed. I was baaaaaad Friday night. What is it with the stinking weekends! We did the Thai thing and though I made a decent entree choice, the fried bananas probably weren't the wisest. :rolleyes:

So since this past Monday was my no weigh day, I did measure. I have lost 4 inches since 3/20 :cb:. I did not measure the week I started so I am not sure of the total so far since 3/13. This still makes me very happy as this confirms that my clothes really are fitting better (and not just stretching out, haha)!!!!

My new shippment should be here today and I can't wait. We ran out of food on Thursday night and have been eating 'regular' food since then. Good news though, I have proved, even with a binge, that I can make good choices after I am ready to go off NS. My portions were much smaller and I got full quickly. I used to be able to eat the whole plate of panang with no problem. This time, I got a better choice of a meal (no coconut milk) and could only eat one serving. I even went really light on the rice. I was totally amazed. And for the bananas...well I did eat those :devil:

Anyway, Per doctors orders, I have to weigh tomorrow AM (medication issues) so I will let you ladies know if I railroaded my progress...and even if I did, it is NOT going to stop me. I will press on and get there when I get there.

:hug: to ALL and I will be back soon!

MELODY525
04-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I AM GOING TO USE CAPS FROM NOW ON. HAVING SOME EYE ISSUES AND HOPE NO ONE MINDS THEM!

I HAVE STILL BEEN LIKE 95-99% BUT CANNOT SEEM TO GET THAT 100%. BUT IN SPITE OF IT, I TOO ORDERED MY 3RD MONTH OF FOOD LAST NIGHT BEFORE I COULD CHANGE MY MIND. NOT GETTING ON THE SCALE TILL NEXT WEEK WHEN I WEIGH AND MEASURE FOR DR.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!!! :carrot:

RUBEN~ HURRAY FOR THE HUBBY'S INCHES. I HAVE TO FIND OUT WHERE I WROTE MINE IN FEBRUARY!!! ;rofl:
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE WEEKENDS BUT MY WORST TIME IS DURING THE WEEK IF I AM IN THE OFFICE!! GOD WHAT A WIMP I AM SAYING NO!!!
BUT I JUST MIGHT HAVE IT FIGURED OUT THIS TIME. AND ONLY TIME WILL TELL. :hug: & :WELCOME: BACK!!

DebDixon
04-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi Nutrichicks!!!:wave:

Sorry I haven't posted in a while; but work has been crazy and the only time I can get on the boards is when I'm off - luckily I work a four day week so I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend.

The dinner at the Mexican restaurant went well last Sunday - or at least it sure was good. I wasn't too bad but did enjoy 2 margaritas!!! Oh, well I have learned that we can't be 100% all the time and need to allow ourselves to fall of the wagon occasionally - as long as we get back on the wagon!!

Mel - sorry you are having eye problems - Of course we don't mind if you use ALL CAPS so long as you keep posting. We love hearing from you.

Freddy - WTG with you weight loss :carrot: It is amazing what a few pounds can do for your self esteem. And it's sooo nice to see that NS is working - right??

Vikki went I started Nutrisystem I also drank alot of coffee:coffee: - dropped down to just 2 cups a day (in the mornings) and only had a headache for 2 days. So you may feel lousy for a day or so but it will be worth it - Just remember to replace the coffee with MORE WATER!!

ryzmom - gosh what a challenge to sell your house - It has to be one of the most unsettling experiences - Stay strong while you go through this.

Colleen - :welcome2: I also stopped smoking about 18 months ago.:smoking: It is a great step you are making for yourself. I actually tried about 8 times before it really took but I'm so happy that I didn't give up. Of course, each time I tried to quit I would gain at least 5 lbs; but it was worth it and now it is time to deal with the weight.

Ruben - good luck on your weight in. I'm sure you did fine; but if not you know that you have lost inches and that is progress too!! Keep up the good work!!:goodscale

I'll weigh in tomorrow and see how I'm done this week - also had a wedding shower that I went to and the food certainly wasn't on plan; but I hope it didn't set me too far back.

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm off to go work in my yards - one of my favorite pastimes.

Deb

readyfreddy
04-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone- i've had a hard time sticking to the plan these two days since weighin. :-/ lol but i went to the groc store and got some veggies, salad, fruit etc so hopefully i can do better now!

colleen wtg kicking butt!!! good luck and stay strong!

RubensMuse
04-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Our new shipment came last night. I finally decided me and The Hub need our own separate orders :high: as he likes some things that I don't, etc. I called NS and they will stagger the orders so we won't have piles of stuff to store. We got the first month and split it in order to see if we liked the food, plan, etc. We have decided that after the 3rd month we are going to start implementing 'regular' food into the plan so that by month 4 we will be ready to go of the NS food. We won't be able to do NS indefinately as it is hard enough financially to swing it for three months. We might still order like a week at a time for 'fill-in' meals when we are rushed etc.

:running: Anyway, I am walking in the mornings now, and supplementing evening walks with The Hub. The Hub is getting home late some nights making it harder to get my full distance in. Mornings are nice and cool, plus I can feed the squirrels in the park while I walk.:mouse:

As I said yesterday, I had to weigh for the Doc the other day. Well, all that bad eating over the weekend did no damage at all (did I mention I had pizza too?), but I didn't lose either. I am satisfied with that as it shows my limits in not thwarting my progress. I have been back on the plan strickly for the past two days and will NOT eat off plan over the weekend. I have NO excuse :no: now that my food has come in.

So ladies, fare thee well and press on to SUCCESS!!!! Have wonderful weekends!!!! :beach:

MELODY525
04-07-2006, 02:44 PM
:wave: DEB~ ENJOY NTHE 3 DAY WEEKEND. I LOVE TIME OFF TO MYSELF AND THE LAST PLACE I WANT TO BE IS ON THE COMPUTER!! HAPPY GARDENING! :flow1:

:carrot: FREDDY~ THE PRODUCE MAN COMES TO THE BUILDING AND I BOUGHT SOME FRUITS AND VEGGIES IN HOPES OF BEING CLOSER TO BEING 100%!!! :rofl:

:running: RUBEN~ I LOVE EARLY MORNINGS FOR THE SAME REASONS. I BUY NUTS AND FEED THEM!!!! ROFLMAO GOOD IDEA WITH THE FOOD. SOMEHOW MY ORDER IS SCREWED UP AND QVC IS WAITING FOR A CHECK!!! GOD KNOWS HOW THIS HAPPENED BUT I WILL CALL THEM OVER THE WEEKEND. I HAVE OVER 2 WEEKS OF FOOD HERE ANYWAY!

HAD SOME WORK IN THE OFFICE AND I AM A MEAL BEHIND. JUST GOT OUT AND IT WAS SUPER BUSY. NO TIME FOR BREAKS SINCE 7 THIS MORNING. I SENT OUT FOR A STARBUCK'S FRAPPE TO KEEP ME AWAIE. 210 CALORIES SO I COUNTED IT AS 2 DAIRIES.
SO I BETTER BE EXTRA GOOD FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS!!
MY EYES: I HAVE A SKIN COINDITION CALLED ROSACEA AND IT GOES INTO MY EYES AT TIMES. I ALSO HAVE CATARACTS GROWING BUT THEY ARE SO SLOW THAT THEY CANNOT BE OPERATED ON FOR ANY TIME SOON. I AM BOTH NEARSIGHTED AND FARSIGHTED AND DIFFERENT IN BOTH EYES!! LUCKY SOME DAYS THAT I CAN :drive: THE :moped: WITHOUT KILLING ALL THE SENIORS IN MY BUILDING!!! :rofl: YOU SHOPULD SEE ME TRYING TO FIND THE CURBS TO CROSS THE STREET!! :crazy:

:sunny: HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE WEEKEND :flow2:

readyfreddy
04-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Melody- I Feel You On The Eye Site! After College And Now Law School My Eyes Dont Stand A Chance. The Other Day I Was Walking Down The Street With A Friend And Freaked Because I Thought I Saw A Skunk- It Was A Trash Bag. We Were About 15 Feet Away. :( Lol And I Don't Drive At Night Because My Night Vision Is Horrible! And Im Only 22! Im Hoping To Get Lasik After Law School.

Anyways- Just Wanted To Say I Feel Ya- Sometimes I Feel Like Its Lucky I Dont Kill Anyone When I Drive. And Im Not Sure... But Im Betting I Might Do A Little More Damage In A Truck Lol. Sigh. Oh Well. I Just Use It As An Excuse To Have My Friends Drive.

Hehe.

Ruben- Great On The Food! Glad Hubbies Getting His Own. Lol

Hope Everyone Has A Good Weekend!

And My Word Of Warning For Those Who Want It... Dont Do Anything This Weekend (diet Wise) That You Will Regret During The Week! Remember, This Is Not Vegas, What Goes On On The Weekend, Stays On For The Week. ;)

Take Care!

readyfreddy
04-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Wow Weird- I Typed In All Caps And It Changed It For Me...sorry Melody- Was Trying To Make It Easier For You!

MELODY525
04-08-2006, 10:54 AM
FREDDY~ I HAD THAT CAPS THING HAPPEN TO ME TOO ON THE QUICK REPLY :rofl:
DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENS BUT IT WAS FUNNY. MY STORY WITH DRIVING ETC WAS THE SAME AS YOURS.
I SEE THINGS THAT AREN'T WHAT THEY REALLY ARE TOO. DR SAID IT'S BECAUSE THE EYES ARE SOOOO DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER AND DEPTH PERCEPTION IS THROWN WAY OFF. SO WHEN THEY ARE INFLAMED, IT DISTORTS THE VISION ALL THE MORE!! :rofl: JUST WHAT I NEEDED!!! LOL

I MADE JAZZMAN'Z BREAD PUDDING WITH THE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS BUT HAD NO RAISINS. IT WASN'T BAD BUT I HAVE HEARTBURN!!! A SHAME CAUSE I WOULD HAVE MADE IT AGAIN. RATHER TASTY AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT. :(
I HOPE WE ALL HAVE GOOD WEEKENDS. THAT WE STAY SAFE FROM THIS HORRIFIC WEATHER THAT IS GOING AROUND. MOTHER NATURE AT HER WORST. NOTHING NEW TO REPORT. LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER HAS SORTED OUT MY WEEKEND WORK. EVERYTHING GOT CANCELLED!! YAY!!:carrot:
ADIOS MY FRIENDS AND ENJOY!!! :moped:

DebDixon
04-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Nutrichicks!!

Today was weigh in and I'm pleased that I lost 2.2 lbs this week. Considering I had that Mexican dinner last Sunday and a wedding shower this week I'm really pleased to find that the choices I'm making aren't holding me back in my weight loss journey.

Mel - hope your eyes feel better soon.:cool:

Ruben - I'm so proud of you!! :running: Getting in 2 walks a day is sure to increase your weight loss. I have the hardest time trying to convince myself to exercise - I'll do anything else but exercise is like a BAD word to me. I know I have to overcome that to see the results that I'm looking for - but still trying to get my head around the idea.

Freddy - hang in there. It's okay if you aren't 100% all the time - just make sure that you don't give up!!!!!:coach: Tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Deb

MELODY525
04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
DEB!!!!! :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS IS GREAT NEWS. I HAD TO COME BACK AND SAY THAT!!! I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU AND HOPE YOU FEEL GOOD ALL WEEKEND OVER IT!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! :cb:

MELODY525
04-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Quick Note To Say Hello And Happy Sunday. Finally Got The Order Straightened Out With Qvc. Somehow The Woman Had It Waiting For Me To Send A Check Instead Of Putting In On The Credit Card!!! Roflmao Tomorrow Is Mall Shopping So I Will See You Tuesday. Have A Great Start To A Ns Week!!! I Have A Pop Weekend So Far!!

vikki50
04-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Good Morning All. How goes the weekend so far?

Deb, Congratuation on the 2.2 lb weight loss!!! YEAAAAAA!!!

Melody, Glad your order was straighted out. I understand about your eyes too. I need glasses, and am hoping to have lasik also.

Ruben, rysmom, Hello, hope you are both having a good weekend.

Coleen, I smoke now, want to quit really bad. I decided to wait until I get the weight off, as I know I will gain, and didn't want to have to lose even more. How did you do it? I have tried several times to quit, I just don't seem to have the will power. And I use my weight for an excuse, that I don't want to gain more. LOL GIve me some inspiration!!!!!!

Freddy, thanks for the warning about the weekend, I have thought of it several times, as I have been tempted alot the last few days. Have stuck with it though, and I stepped on the scales this morning, and I have lost 4 lbs this week so far. Tomorrow is weigh in, I hope it is still gone in the morning.

We are having our Easter dinner today instead of next weekend. I am so worried, as we are going out to eat to a German Restaurant. They have Weinersnitzel, noodle, etc. It will be hard to find something I can eat. I'm not sure How I am going to handle it. I don't want to blow it now. It has taken me 3 weeks to get off 4 lbs. I hope I can be strong. I will just keep thinking about the lbs i'm losing. It is hard to with the whole family there, they will be saying "go ahead and eat, it's Easter" I know I will be soooooo tempted. I'll let you all know how I did. If anyone gets on before I leave in a few hrs, give me some tips. LOL

readyfreddy
04-09-2006, 03:49 PM
deb- go you!

vikki- i say get whatever you want, only eat a third of it and don't take the rest home! and try not to eat anything else salty today and drink about 4 glasses of water with dinner lol.... and you should be okay!!!

good luck!

RubensMuse
04-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey girls, how is everyone?? This is my Monday morning weigh day.
(((drum roll)))) going to scale now.......WOW down 3 pounds!!!:carrot: :carrot: COOL BEANS!!!!

I am really liking the two week weigh in idea more and more. It does seem to help with the discouragement part.

I read everyones posts and without mentioning everyones issues, congrats, et al...LADIES YOU DESERVE A :hug: for ALL you do weight wise and life wise! You are all AWESOME and wonderful supporters for everyone that graces this site. I personally want to thank each of you and let you know you are appreciated. :grouphug:

Ok enough of the sappy stuff...after all I have a reputation to uphold ;)

The weather here in north Tampa is great for walking! It is a little chilly this AM but that means I will just have to walk faster. I am try to start jogging in the evening walks. I can only go maybe 500 ft right now, but a little more each day should build me up to more and more. I always wanted to be able to jog. My crappy knees don't help, but doc recommended a supplement and I started it this AM...so I will let you know if that helps. It would be nice now that I am walking (attempt jogging which right now I look more like this :tantrum:)...and why the evenings for jogging?? well trust me ladies, NO one needs to see waht I must go through to get there, all that jiggling.....:sumo: even the ducks move out of the way.

Well I am off for my morning walk. It really helps that I got an MP3 player. I donwload books from Audible and listen to them. Time flies and I end up walking faster cause I get absorbed in the book. I have also recorded talks at our church and that is very nice to have the evening walks with. Gives you some peace before going to bed.

Ok...time for the shoes....thank goodness my mom is buying me some news ones (a gift for my15lb mark) as these are wearing thin.

Ta ta for now! i will check in later and catch up on the other threads!!!

kellijean
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
:smug: I am awaiting my order from NS - should be here today. Can't wait to get started, as I have heard so many positive things about this program. Portion control and binge eating are my problems. I only have 26 pounds to lose, but being 43 and "reparenting" as the guardian of my granddaughter have forced me to revisit my eating and exercise habits. I want to be a positive role model to her, healthy eating, healthy body views, etc. I also have Fibromyalgia and have noticed that the extra weight makes it harder to do my walking and harder on my already taxed joints.

readyfreddy
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
ugh, i was bad bad bad this weekend! lol i didnt even take my own advice, sheesh. and this stuff is expensive so me eating above and beyond the plan is just extra $$ i have to spend. i owe it to my self to stick to it for 2 months. 2 months! thats nothing... i can do it...

so the plan is to stick to it EXACTLY for the next two days, cross my fingers that i still have at least a 1 lb loss on wed... and DO BETTER NEXT WEEK! :)

vikki- how was your easter celebration??

readyfreddy
04-10-2006, 12:34 PM
oh and melody- if y ou havent already done this, try going to your internet tool bar under "tools" and the "options" and then "fonts and colors" - i have firefox so you might have to search a bit on explorer- i set the font to be min 16 and its SO much easier to read!! im not straining my eyes. woohoo. it works on all web font.

wickedgrl_76
04-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey All

Today was my weigh in & I'm down 2lbs! Finally!!! I went about 2 weeks with no weight loss because one week I was sick & then it was THAT time. So it was so frustrating to get on the scale & not see it move. But I kinda got back on the horse last week & it paid off. So I've shed a total of 20lbs!!! :carrot::carrot: I feel so amazing & I can't wait to lose more. I've been setting mini goals for myself (as you can see from my signature) instead of a huge goal that seems so far off. I'm taking everything one day at a time.

RubensMuse
04-10-2006, 03:59 PM
:welcome3:
Kellijean.....good to see we have another Nutrichick among us!
My husband has a syndrome very close to fibromyalgia so he knows what you are going through. He told me to tell you to stick it out and you will see results. He is down 13 pounds, and that is with some off-plan eating and very little exercise outside of his regular job (pretty physcial). He has maybe 20 more to go and he will be back to his hunky, Vin Deisel bod again.

Freddy~~~~:snowball: Baaad girl!!! Five snowballs to the tush for you!
I mean if you were THAT bad at least you could share with us what you sinned with. Was it scrumptous? hee hee I am so evil :devil: Well, we all have our moments, just get back on the boat girl and cruise on into Skinnyville!

Wicked~~ :dance: congratulations!!!!

Deb, Mel, Vikki and the rest o' the chicks!!!! Have a great day and hope all is well with you. Sorry about the eye issue Mel, if I could do without them, I lend you mine :)

MELODY525
04-10-2006, 08:37 PM
:welcome: KELLI!!! ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE NEW FACES!!

FREDDY~ :hug: WE CAN DO THIS!!! I HAVE NOT BEEN 100% ALL THE TIME AND WONDER WHY!?!?!? :tantrum:
I HAVE HAD THE FONTS ENLARGED FOR A LONG TIME NOW! :rofl: BUT THANKS FOR THE THOUGHT!!! :love:

RUBEN~ KEEP YOUR EYES IN GOOD HEALTH!!!! THESE ARE OK JUST A LOT OF BLURRY STUFF GOING ON!!! MAKES LIFE INTERESTING WHEN I'M OUTSIDE!!! ROFLMAO

WICKED~ WOW GIRL!!! WTG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! VERY NICE TO HEAR. :cheer:

SHOPPING WAS GREAT. SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY ON EVERYONE FOR EASTER AND GOT SOME STUFF FOR MY DD'S STEP KIDS AS I CALL THEM. SHE IS NOT MARRIED. THE KIDS WILL BE HERE ALL SUMMER...THEY LIVE IN FLORIDA. SO GOT LOTS OF SUMMER JUNK FOR THEM TO KEEP THEM BUSY. IT WAS A GREAT SUNNY DAY AND FELT VERY FREING TO BE OUT RIDING IN THE SUN.
TOMORROW I WILL GET MORE FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES. THIS WEEK I AM CHALLENGING MYSELF TO CUT THE CRAP AND STAY OP......I MEAN IT'S 300 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! GOING TO SMACK MYSELF IN THE HEAD BEFORE I GO TO BED!!! LOL
:wave: SAYING HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE....I COULDN'T GET THE PC TO GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE SO NOT SURE WHAT WAS SAID THERE. I WILL CHECK IT OUT TOMORROW. SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE :cloud9: :angel:

wickedgrl_76
04-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Thank you ladies for the supportive words. What's everyone doing for Easter? How are you motivating yourself to stay on track? I'm going to my in-laws house & my mother-in-law always cooks for an army & all really yummy stuff... that I can't have! What to do, what to do? I'm sure it'll be hard to resist but I haven't come this far to throw it away. Any advice?

MELODY525
04-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Be stron Wicked!!! :strong:

I am having some surprise relative visits in the next few days. Didn't expect to see them but one will arrive Friday nite. I told them about my meal plans and they will order out. I am not cooking. also they are eating out in restaurants and I won't be there so staying on plan should be easy. My wheelchairs are breaking down and repairmen are arriving Thursday. so if I am MIA for a few days I would like to say:
Happy Easter and hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday weekend. :hug: :love: Stay well and keep smiling. Remember if we fall off the wagon the only shame will be not getting right back ON PLAN!!!!

wickedgrl_76
04-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Good Morning All :coffee:

I'm having a wonderful morning so far. I got on the scale this morning just to see where I was & I am down 2lbs from monday :carrot:!! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I weighed myself a couple of times just to make sure. I can't believe it! I have been working out everyday & eating all my good food. The goal I set for myself for easter, I'm there now :cheer:. I'm really proud of myself 'cause I really didn't think I had it in me. I'm going to try as hard as I can to not give into temptation on sunday. It's going to be a real test. Have a wonderful day!

readyfreddy
04-12-2006, 01:33 PM
woooohoooo Wicked! go you! that is amazing!

i too had a good scale day- down 1.5 lbs from last wed, for a total weightloss of 4 lbs in two weeks! I'm totally happy with that! I'm not gaining, and I'm losing, and I think at this point 2 lbs on average a week is pretty good for me. especially since, like i told you all, i was less than perfect this week.

Anyways! YAY!

have a good day!

vikki50
04-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi all, I'm so happy that you are all losing!!! Just coming on here and seeing how well everyone is doing really helps!!!!

My birthday was yesterday, and I wasn't too bad, did have 1 small piece of cake, and a friend cooked me dinner last night. But he was so good, as he know I am doing NS, he grilled fresh salmon, grilled asparagus, and tossed salad, So I am feeling pretty good about the meal, didn't over eat, really watched the portion control. So hopefully I will loose a few more lbs this week.

Now we just have to all make it through Easter. I have been invited to a big grill out, plus everyone is supposed to bring a dish. That is going to be so hard to resist, I was thinking I may just go after they have all eaten. It would be so much easier then facing all the fabulous food. How would you all handle it?

DebDixon
04-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi Nutrichicks!:wave:

I'm so glad that everyone is doing well. And losing weight too!:goodscale

I'm doing okay - staying busy at work which makes it easy to not think about food. I don't feel like I have lost any weight this week; but who knows. I'll find out on Saturday.

We are all facing a tough weekend with lots of family and food so I wish everyone the best of luck. :hug: Remember that if you fall off the wagon - you just get back on the next day. The choice is yours - hope everyone has a great week:dance:

Deb

readyfreddy
04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
vikki- maybe you could bring a dish like a salad or grilled veggies or something that is healthy and just tell yourself you'll only eat your dish??

that would take a lot of willpower though!

if you want a dish suggestion... haha i love to cook! i have been drooling all week thinking about a dish my french mom (when i was an exchange student) used to make. it was endive, wrapped in a slice of ham baked in a beshamel (spell sauce?). obviously VERY VERY bad for you but oh so good. I'm thinking once I'm done with the NS plan im going to try a modified version. ;-)

so far what im thinking is

steaming the endives whole first (but leave them a little crunchy), and then wrapped with a strand of proccutio (spell? sorry, i'm a horrible speller), and drizzel them with olive oil, s&p and a little lemon juice. mmm. then bbq them or broil em in the oven!

haha sorry okay my mouth is watering... i like food. maybe that's how i got overweight in the first place. lmao. anyways- my point is that i have a TON of low cal, low GI foods i can recommend if you want any help.

good luck to everyone that hasn't weighed yet!

wickedgrl_76
04-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies

How's everyone doing today? I'm still flying high from losing 2lbs in 2 days. Nothing could ruin my high from that. Happy be-lated Birthday Vikki :hb: :woo: :gift:. It's perfectly ok that you had a piece of your own cake. You need to reward yourself sometimes... I do. This weekend will be hard because I know the foods my mother in law will be making & it's just killer. Specially her annual bunny cake with coconut ears which are my favorite. I gotta be strong. We all do!! Have a wonderful holiday & don't give into temptation.

RubensMuse
04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
hey ladies....i am getting SICK!~ ewwyuk
sore throat, post nasal nastiness....i have gone a whole year and now it hits me...sheesh.

I have been doing well on the diet. FINALLY got my exchange food in so I have chocolate :) but since my throat is sore, I don't want to eat it :(

I had to weigh today for the docs office and I am down another pound, but I am not holding my breath on that as I have new medication and was in the bathroom alot.

Well that is all and I want to sleep....night night and happy weigh days!!!!

MELODY525
04-15-2006, 09:43 AM
ALL THE FAMILY IS STILL AT THEIR MOTEL. GOD WHAT A WEEKEND! A DIVORCE IS GOING ON BETWEEN DB AND SIL. IT'S BEEN COMING FOR A LONG TIME NOW. SO EVERYONE IS HERE TO SAY GOODBYE AND MOVE. THAT'S THE BAD NEWS.
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I LOST THE OTHER POUND I GAINED AND HAVE BEEN EATING MY NS FOOD WHILE THEY ORDER OUT!!! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE. EVERYONE SHOULD BE GONE IN A FEW DAYS AND I WILL BE HAPPY!! :dance: THE NEXT TWO DAYS WILL BE DIFFICULT TO GET HERE SO AGAIN I SAY.........

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

WICKED~ CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 2 LBS!!! WTG AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :carrot: :encore:

VIKKI~ SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY!! :cake: :gift:
:cheer: :cb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! A PIECE OF BIRTHDAY CAKE IS CALLE "LIFE" MY FRIEND. WE ARE LOSING WEIGHT NOT GIVING UP OUR LIVES. CONTROL IS THE ANSWER SO DON'T BE UPSET WITH YOURSELF!! :hug:

DEB~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE SCALE TODAY!!!! I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU CAUSE I JUST GOT OFF MINE!! :rofl:

RUBEN~ :hug: HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON!! TAKE CARE AND GET THAT REST.

DebDixon
04-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Good morning Nutrichicks!!:wave:

It's a beautiful spring morning here in Tallahassee! Can't wait to get out in my yards.:flow2:

Well I weighed in the morning and lost 1 lb. Could be worse - I could have gained and I'm thrilled with every pound I lose. :carrot: This is the easier diet I have ever been on - doesn' even seem like a diet. Of course, I would love to lose the weight quicker but it really seems to be the healthy way to lose. On plan since 1/28 and down 19.6 lbs. WOO HOO!! Actually to the point that some of my clothes don't fit anymore.

Rubens - gosh I hope you feel better soon - it you are too sick to eat chocolate you must be really sick!!!:(

Wicked - WTG 2 lbs. in two days :cheer: What an inspiration you are for everyone.

Mel - glad you are doing okay with your out of town visitors - Stay
strong:strong:

Vikki, Freddy and all the rest of the Nutrichicks - have a wonderful Easter and be careful out there.

Deb

MELODY525
04-16-2006, 12:20 PM
HOPE THE EASTER DAY IS GOING WELL!!!:dance:
MY FAMILY DRAMA IS OVER NOW AND THE RELATIVES ARE COMING TO SAY GOODBYE!! :rofl:
NO PROBLEM STAYING STRONG DEB...THANKS!!
I WAS A GOOD GIRL AND WEIGH IN AT 178 STILL!! :cb:
STAYED ON MY NS PLAN AND THEY ALL ATE OUT SO AS NOT TO TEMPT ME EXCEPT for ONE NIGHT AND I HAD LASAGNA WHILE THEY HAD PIZZA etc. IT ALL WORKED OUT WELL.
JEN STILL HAS THE "5 LB BUNNY" SHE BOUGHT ME AND I NEED TO LOSE 1/2 LB TO GET HER!!! LOL I THINK HER IDEA IS A GOOD ONE. IT WOULD TAKE ME FOREVER TO GET 10 LBS OFF! :lol3:
HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. I AM GLAD MINE IS ALMOST OVER!! :rofl:
HAPPY EASTER!!

bumpey
04-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Happy Easter!!! I am new to 3fc and Ns, I am excited to have friends to talk with. It's good to know that we are all experiencing similar events in our weight loss challenges. I thought it was just me. It's encouraging me to get out and walk. Have a great day.

MELODY525
04-17-2006, 09:16 AM
:welcome: TO BUMPEY!! MOVING IT IS A GOOD THING!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE WALKS AND NS PLAN!!

HOLIDAY WENT WELL AND I WILL CONFESS TO A FEW PIECES OF CHOC. COVERED MINI PRETZELS. I THINK I DID VERY WELL THOUGH. MUCH DIFFERENT THAN OTHER RECENT HOLIDAYS. STILL WEIGHED IN AT 178. GUESS THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING ANYTIME SOON! :rofl:
HAPPY MONDAY! HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE!

wickedgrl_76
04-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Good Morning Nutrichick

Well actually it hasn't been a good morning for me. I weighed myself & it said I was up 4lbs!!! Then I weighed myself again 'cause I knew that couldn't be right & it said I was up 5lbs!!! Does anyone know if a digital scale could be off? I didn't do anything bad at all this week to have gained that much weight. I even upped an extra day of working out so instead of exercising 4 days I did 5. I'm very upset & feel very discouraged. I worked so hard this past week & it back fired. I'm trying to find an answer to how gaining that much in 5 days is possible. That's enough weight that I would be able to feel it in my clothes & on my body but I don't. If anyone has an answer, please let me know. I'm feeling very blue right. :(

DebDixon
04-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Wicked:

Gosh I can understand you being blue:( . I'm totally depressed if my scales show anything but a loss.

Could it be water weight or TOM? Of course, both of those really make a
difference. I also notice that if I drink alcohol I seem to hold water the next day and my weight will be up.

Are you weighing at the same time every day? My weight changes throughout the day so I make sure to always weigh at the same time.

Try to just look at the long term - you have done great far so and I'm sure you will continue to do great!!
:hug:

Deb

wickedgrl_76
04-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi Deb

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still trying to figure it out. I weigh myself at the same time every monday & my TOM isn't for another 2 weeks. As far as alcohol, I had a very small amount of wine with dinner last night but that's it. Even on the weeks hat I've been really bad, I've never gained. I've either lost like 1lb or stayed the same. Something just doesn't seem right. I'm going to wait & weigh myself on wednesday like I did last week & hopefully things will be normal. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been like 1 or 2lbs... but 5!! That's crazy. Specially that I've been good & workout 5 days a week (cardio). My day is not going so good because I can't stop thinking about it. Anyway. I hope everyone else is having a better day than me.

gb2gm
04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Hello all. I'm new here (or back from a verrrryy long absence). I have been on NS for almost four weeks and have done fairly well, well enough to stay motivated which is more than I can say for most of my attempts. I have a very long way to go, but hopefully with some support, I can do this. Looking forward to getting to know you and share our ups and downs.

readyfreddy
04-18-2006, 01:01 AM
wicked- OUCH! i feel your pain sista! i HATE seeing the scale go up. I'd recommend doing a flush tomorrow (ie drinking water until you float) and seeing if that helps! i am going to be doing the same if you need any water drinkin support.

im sooo worried i will have gained this week... ive been bbbaaaddd and under a lot of stress. ahhhh so the most i can do is stick to the plan tomorrow and flush flush flush for weigh in wed.

hope everyone else is doing better!

wickedgrl_76
04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Nutrichicks

Don't punish yourself Freddy... you're allowed to be bad once in a while as long as you get right back on track. That's all that matters. Good Luck. I think something is wrong with my scale & I'm not trying to make an excuse. My hubby saw how upset I was about it yesterday so he got on the scale to show me that there is something wrong with it. His weight was way off too. And then this morning I weighed myself to see where I was & I'm down 2lbs since yesterday. That can't be right. So I need to go get a better scale otherwise I'm going to go insane everytime it doesn't show the numbers going down. On a lighter note, my sisters started NS yesterday. She's crazy because she doesn't need to lose weight at all but she wants to drop like 10-15lbs so she's trying it for the 5 weeks. Anyway. Have a great day all!

vikki50
04-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone. It hasn't been a very good week for me. With my birthday and Easter, and unexpected company showing up for 3 days, I didn't stick as well as I should have. The pot luck dinner was a disaster, I just couldn't resist all that wonderful food. I only had 1 plate, and it wasn't totally full, but definitely not good. Then company showed up at my house with huge T-bone steaks to grill out. I was doomed before I started. Stepped on the scales and gained the 4 lbs back that I worked 3 weeks to lose.
How is it that it takes forever to lose it and 2 days to gain it back.

Freddy , I will try your flush idea, I hope that works.
This has taught me though that you can't go off the plan even for a few days as my body just wants to suck those calories in and keep them.

MELODY525
04-18-2006, 11:02 AM
I see lots of hugs are in order :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Wicked~ just get a new scale and whatever that one says...even if it's not the same as where you were...stick with it. When I bought a new one, I was a bit heaviewr than the old one but it was unreliable. So now I have a new one and you will see, it helps. Good luck and stay calm!!! :hug:

Vikki~ It's another week and all our company is gone. Yesterday was a very bad day for me and I don't want to even thin k about it!! LOL so let's just get back up again and restart our plan with a clear mind and a smile!! :dance:

Freddy~ You cracked me up but I will go and get more water now that you mention it!! :rofl: One way or the other we will get there!!! LOL But smiling is the best way!

:welcome: back GB!! good luck and good to see another face here. The more support the better.

:wave: to Deb!!! So how are you doing?????

:wave: where is Ruben and the rest???????HELLOOOOOOO

RubensMuse
04-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey Chicks!!!
I have been a sickypoo for the last few days. Nothing really awful, but I was trying to get something. I was very tired, headaches and a sore throat. I just slept and slept. Guess I needed it. I see was all had a good holiday weekend, glad to hear it.

:welcome3: to all the new Nutrichicks and those that have come back to the roost :)

Ladies, I must confess something....I ate....uh, er,......ENTEMANS! Not just any Enteman's but the chocolate chip coffee cake....and not just a piece but 2 pieces...big pieces. I would love to blame that on my being sick, but it just doesn't pass. One good thing, is that I counted those calories and deducted them from the rest of the days. It was not pretty. Thank gawd this Monday was not my weigh day.

I did measure though and lost a total of 3.25 inches! That is over 7 inches all together! I am pleased! My clothes are loose for sure and that is good for now. I would HATE to see what the scale says. :yikes: after that coffee cake binge. Don't EVEN look at the calories per piece on that thing ladies. :faint:

Wicked~~~ a few ideas...try a different scale, just this once, to compare and confirm any issues you might have with your scale. Also, are you weighing in the same clothes or nude??? Have you consumed alot of caffeine or salt?? (caffeine makes you retain water as does salt). And in your working out, are you lifting weight? (you might be building solid mass/protein and this can alter the scale, if this is the case, once the body readjusts the aminos then you will see a big drop on the scale in a week or two). And speaking of....

For all of you that ARE just recently added weight lifting or exercise that that you did not in the past....please read this for some encourgement...

Excerpt from one of my weight lifting magazines:

...."I've heard from more than a few people who have actually gained (scale) weight their first few weeks. Your body is probably not at all used to the strength training and the change in metabolic wastes, and is hoarding fluid. But your body is great at adapting to changes, and will adapt to this too. In any case, I certainly wouldn't put too much emphasis on on just a few weeks results, because a lot of fluid volume changes happen then. From this point on, you should get a better read, but the scale is probably the worst way to measure progress. As long as you are hitting the right intensities, carefully limiting your portions, and feeling generally warm and a little sore all day, the program IS working, whether you can see it right away or not. Stay with it."

I hope this helps us ALL with the ScaleDemon!!!:devil:

wickedgrl_76
04-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey Ruben

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm still trying to shake this cough from a left over flu I had 2 weeks ago. It just doesn't want to leave. Don't worry about the cake, we're all human & have cravings. Don't be too hard on yourself. A friend of mine suggested that I recalibrate the scale, which I hadn't even thought of that because it's a digital scale & thought they were always accurate. But I'm going to try that & if that doesn't work, I will get a new one. I'm not freaking out too much anymore. I'm not in a rush to lose weight, I didn't gain it overnight. I want it to come off in a healthy way. I'm drinking so much water I feel like it's going to come out of my nose. Thank you ladies for the hugs & encouragement. It helps me feel better to know that I'm not the only one going through this stuff. Have a good one all :D

readyfreddy
04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
hey everyone! well i didn't even manage to stick to my plan today! im siiiick and i feel like crap and i blaming it on that. lol. i needed some comfort food so i traded out ns lunch for a bagel and lots of cream cheese and potatoe chips. YIKES! plus i had a ton of cough drops today! anyways... calorie wise i estimate i got like 1650... so not a HORRIBLE day but yeah not so hot. am expecting a 1-2 lb gain tomorrow... will let you know!

flush flush flush!

hahaha

ohhh and i need to call and fix my order (ie take out some things i didnt love and order more of what i did) before the 24th!

MELODY525
04-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Sending all good thoughts to Wicked, Freddy and Ruben to get well soon!! Let's not pass this around girls!!! lol
Hope everyone will be feeling better today.

Had a good day yesterday and I will today. I have it in my head to get going this week on stringing 100% days together. I will be gone tomorrow to the Drs so will be back Friday or over the weekend.
Have a great couple of days, take the meds and be well!!

wickedgrl_76
04-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Nutrichicks

How's everyone doing today? I had a pretty good morning. I weighed myself & wether I really had gained those ridiculous 5lbs or the scale was wrong, I'm back down to where I should be. I drank so much water yesterday that I could hear it swish around in my belly. But I guess it paid off so I'm pretty happy about that :carrot:. I'm not going to complain anymore, I just wanted to share my good news. Have a good day all.

readyfreddy
04-19-2006, 12:06 PM
unfortunantly i dont have good news! i weighed 137 today bleck. i knew i would gain but it still hurt to see. im not recording that weight lol and im going to follow NS to a T today and weigh tomorrow. then the rest of the week is STRICT NS until next wed when hopefully i will have lost 2-3 lbs to make up for this bust of a week.

oh well.

thanks for the feel better soon wishes!

readyfreddy
04-20-2006, 12:21 PM
well i weighed 137 again this am. BLAH! lol. ohhh well. time to change the ticker. im going to start weighing everyday... maybe it will give me motivation not to cheat.

RubensMuse
04-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey Chickies!!
Sorry to see others are sick :( I certainly hope you feel better soon.
Following the diet this week has been good but not perfect....well not all NS food as I am really trying to add 'outside' food into the plan and monitor results. I feel I need to make this alteration to test my willpower off NS and to make smarter choices. I find I look at the nutritional information on EVERYTHING now and before we go to a restaurant I print the nutritional facts so I can make the better choice. So far I know I have stayed at a 1200 calorie range, and the few times I went over it was by maybe 100-200 calories. I am interested in seeing if there is any loss by Monday. I know you all may think I am nuts, but I have to know that I can continue to diet without the aid of NS so that I make this a lifestyle change. I would hate to gain any weight back once it is gone. If I find that I cannot control my eating without NS, then I feel I have not accomplished a real lasting goal. I will need to know how to maintain that loss. We do not want to go a year eating NS food as we could not afford it for that long, so I might as well start now on the transisition.

As for exercise, the walking is going great. Still putting in every night and some mornings. It has been real foggy here in the AM so I have not been able to go each morning before i have to work. I also am going to try my local Curves. A new place opened up and I figure I will take the free week and see what I think. Anyone here try them???

Well off to more work :( Hope everyone is well and happy!

readyfreddy
04-20-2006, 03:06 PM
ruben- sounds like a good plan!! i hope it goes well for you!

now everyone... who is trying to stay strictly on the plan.... repeat with me...

I WILL NOT CHEAT TODAY I WILL NOT CHEAT TODAY I WILL NOT DO IT!

phew

its only 11 and ive eaten my bfast and snack and am hunnnngry. actually its more like snacky. im hungry in my mouth but not in my tummy. lol if that makes ANY sense??

im going to STICK with it today!

DebDixon
04-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Good morning Nutrichicks!!:wave:

Sorry I haven't touched base in a while; but work is so crazy and by the time I get home at night the last thing I want to do it get on the computer:comp:

It does sound like we need a group hug :grouphug:

I have to admit that I cheated and got on the scales early - I just couldn't wait til Saturday. I've been trying to hit the 20lb. mark for a while and was getting frustrated. So I broke down yesterday and WOO HOO:carrot: I finally made it!!

I guess that we have passed this bug along - I'm not feeling great either - just a lousy head cold but it does make it harder to stay on plan. Whenever I'm feeling bad it seems I always talk myself into having some comfort food. So that will be a struggle this weekend. I'm sorry that everyone else is feeling rotten too and hopefully it will pass soon.

Freddy - are you still chanting "I will not cheat today"? This weight loss is alot about fixing the way we think - so yes I totally understand wanting to eat when you're not hungry - That's why I'm here!! Hang in there and keep chanting - You know you can do this!!:dancer:

Rubens - Good for you with your walking! Gosh I wish I could make myself walk or exercise on a regular basis; but exercise is like a dirty word to me. I find that harder than avoiding the food - And I know I would lose faster if I did - What is wrong with me?? :dunno:

Wicked - I'm so glad that your scale quit lying to you about that 5 lbs. I know how frustrating that it - and I can just picture you swimming in all that water!!LOL

Mel - keep going with those 100% days. Hope your Dr. visit goes well.

Vikki - Did you try the flush idea??? I find that water really helps especially after I've been bad.

gb - :welcome2: Good luck on your weight loss journey and we look forward to hearing from you often.

Better head out and get moving on my day. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!:goodvibes

Deb

RubensMuse
04-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Way to go Deb!!!! Awesome on the 20 mark!!! Today is not a diet day for me. That is all I will say about that. My friend and I went to lunch today and we had the most, uh, er unusual server. He was freindly, like too friendly and was seriously pushing the margahritas. We did not have one, but that did not stop him. He was almost annoying to a point. I could swear he was flirting with my friend though. Not sure why I am mentioning this but it was just surreal.

Anyway, my friend is joining us on the weight loss journey soon, though going the WeightWatchers route. It will be cool having someone close by to venture with.

Well I have working waiting for my attention...guess I will go do it. Have a great weekend ladies if I am not able to get back on. I will be back Monday with my weigh-in, which should prove interesting. :)

readyfreddy
04-22-2006, 12:43 AM
ahh thanks for the well wishes- i am starting to feel better!

so bad news i weighed 138 this am! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

so now i have only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks.

i dont know what the deal is honestly. i cheat a bit- but i did the first two weeks too. so i am trying to cut that out. but i am super stressed and being sick didnt help- all i wanted was carbs! lol.

ive been pretty good today, well see what tomorrow brings.

im hoping being sick or the fact that its almost that TOM is the explanation... but i dont normally fluctuate like this. i was hoping to be -6 lbs this week, not back to -2. oh well keep going!!

hope the rest of you are doing better!

DEB YOU ARE MY HERO! keep rockin the diet!

xxxx

MELODY525
04-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Having spent the last 2 days with Drs & nurses both in person and on the phone, I am getting off NS for the time being. I am not responding to the drugs they gave me like they would want to see and the cholesterol is through the roof hitting 364 for triglycerides now. Because of my MD I cannot take Lipitor and such. I wouild like to thank you all for the support and caring you have shown and take good care of each other. I seem to be stumping the medical field and my conditions are not getting any better. I will have many new appts, new tests and new scans with a restricted diet etc . busy. busy. busy. Wishing you all continued success!!!~ Mel

RubensMuse
04-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Mel!!!!!!!! :(
I am so totally bummed about what you are going through. I can almost hear the dispair in your words. I am so sorry you are going through all this and am sorry to see we won't see much of you. But the important thing is your health so I hope that progress is seen soon. I know I will miss you and am sure the rest of the chicks will too :hug: :grouphug:

I hope the best for you...Rubensmuse, aka Tracey

RubensMuse
04-22-2006, 12:41 PM
As for dieting.....well I need a :kickbutt:
I ate off plan all day yesterday. I am ashamed of the details so I just won't share them here. I thought I made a decent choice with a salad for lunch yesterday, but after going online and looking at the nutritional facts....my SALAD had more than 800 calories!!!!!!!! I found that out AFTER I had BBQ with my dad for dinner. I am going to have to carry the nutritional facts with me everywhere or how am I going to be able to make sound decisions when off NS. ---- So as it sits......

FREDDY! I am with YOU on this STRICT thing starting today. :drill:

Today is a new DAY 1. I may try my little venture again, but not for a couple of weeks when I have more 'dieting' experience' under my belt as I obviously do not have enough right now. This ticks me off about myself, but I will press on. I have gone to far to pull back now. Hopefully, I have not damaged my loss in a terrible way, but I will find that out Monday when I weigh.

:drill: so on plan today :drill:
:drill: walk today :drill:

Freddy~ keep with it girl! Reread what Wicked went through recently with her scale.
Deb ~ you are an inspiration!
Wicked~ glad you didnt float away!
Where are the rest of the Chicks??????

To alll of you and the 'ghosts' :hug: !!!!!!

readyfreddy
04-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Mel- im so sorry to hear that!!! I hope you get everything squared away soon. best wishes!

ruben- yes strict strict strict!

better news to report today... back down to 136- dont know whats up with my body hopefully i can still lose like 2 lbs this week and be 134 by next wed.... then i will be semi back on track.

have a good weekend!

vikki50
04-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi all, been so busy at work.

Mel I'm so sorry to hear about your new. Just get yourself well, and then you can start in again, if you feel like it. HUGS to you.

Freddy , I am doing the same thing, loose a few lbs one day, gain them back the next, I can't figure it out as I am sticking by the plan almost 100%. I have my little slip up, but I'm talking Minor, and when I do, I don't eat one of the snacks, so calorie wise I am staying within the 1000 to 1200 everyday. So frustrating. I've lost and regained the same 4 lbs 3 times.

Everyone else, hope this week is a 100% week, and that you all feel better soon.

DebDixon
04-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Nutrichicks:

First off - Mel - I'm so sorry about the additional challenges that you are facing with your health. Please know that we are all thinking about you and just because you won't being doing NS doesn't mean you can't visit. This thread is for anyone who needs support - so, please keep checking in. :hug:

Rubens - consider this your :kickbutt: It really is hard to make the right choices when you eat out - I understand. That's why I try to eat at home - at least then I can control what is put on my plate. But the important thing is that you get back on plan ASAP:coach:

To all the rest of us Nutrichicks - Be well and be happy:dance:

It's a beautiful day here in Tallahassee after a rainy Saturday so I'm looking forward to getting outside and working in the yards. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Deb

readyfreddy
04-24-2006, 12:18 AM
yeah vikki i feel ya!

well this am i weighed 136 again ... but then i got back on a couple of times....

lol yes im obsessed. so i think my scale might be wacky. im going to be really good mon and tues and not weigh till wed and hopefully i will have lost a lb or two!

i cheated tonight and had a burrito for dinner. hence no weighing till wed lol. all i can say is i needed it! haha i sooo eat in response to stess. :-(

here comes my last week of classes as a first year law student.... and then exams for two weeks! im not going to be too tough on myself but i am also going to try try try!

i ALSO tried on a bridesmaid dress today for the wedding im in this summer... it was cute, but the 6 was a little tight on the hips and the 8 was too big everywhere else. sigh. story of my life. haha. hopefully the next couple of lbs will come off from there! hehe can i order that?

whew sorry for the long post. i spent 6 hours in the library today lol... i guess i need some personal interaction haha this will have to do!

best of luck to everyone on the diet quest this week!

oohhh and ALSO lol i saw another diet group did before, during and after pix. anyone want to share? i have a before and during... lol none at 170 because i wouldnt let any cameras near me but i have one at about 150 and one at 135 (from this summer...) and we'll say i look about the same now hehe. any interest?

vikki50
04-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi all, well weigh in was this morning, and I am down 1 more lb. I guess 1 is better than nothing. This is a very slow diet for being so expensive. but it is working. I would have already quit on any other diet. So I will keep plugging along. I have lost a total of 12 lbs in 5 weeks. When you look at it that way I guess it's not to bad. It's just that I lost 9lbs the first week, and 3 in the next 4. So if it continues this way, I will have to stay on plan for another year to hit my goal... LOL ... Hopefully my metobolism will kick into gear, I've been getting much more active.

Freddy, I would be willing to post pics, but how do we do it? I'm computer illerate!!! LOL

Hope all of you have a great week!!!

wickedgrl_76
04-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey chicks

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was very mellow & relaxing. I have to get a new scale 'cause I got on it this morning & it hasn't moved. I guess it's better than gaining. But the again my TOM is in a few days. I'm just so frustrated 'cause the numbers haven't moved in 2 weeks. It's such a pain. Today was my sister's first weigh in & she's down 8lbs in 1 weeks. That's so amazing. I'm very happy for her 'cause she's already half way to her goal. I'm almost half way to my goal but I have alot more than her small 15lbs that she wants to lose. I wish I had it that easy. I'm just feeling sorry for myself but I gotta keep going. Have a good day all.

RubensMuse
04-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey ladies....it is my Monday weigh day and I thought I was going to hurl...I so did NOT want to get on the scale....last week was not good and I did not eat the best and I did not walk everyday and....well...no big loss.. 1.5 pounds, but I am sure it could have been more if could have zipped my lips :tape: and kept them off bad food choices.

Anyway, Freddy and Wicked....I have looked everywhere and cannot find a before picture. See darlings, I avoid cameras like the plaque. My mom came to visit a few months back and I think she took pictures so I will see what she has, if anything. If I can find something I am willing to post them as I have to do so to face this demon :devil: .... I will then do progress pictures as I am still a work in progress, say every 20 pounds or so. I should have done a before pic in the same outfit thing, but the mere thought of that was horridly depressing. I will see what I can find though.

Anyway, I walked this AM and plan on doing so again tonight. I went to Curves and don't think I would like it. I am not crazy about the ring around the rosey thing and honestly, found it annoying that I was looking right at another person working out across from me. Felt a little violating. This could just be me...but I will opt for another exercise source.

Ok laddddies!!! ta ta for now. I hope all are well and CONGRATS on successes!!! Lets keep this going :carrot: :hyper:

readyfreddy
04-24-2006, 06:57 PM
hehe okay i took them down cuz i feel a teeny bit funny leaving pics up on the internet.... if figure everyone that i wanted to see them saw ;-)

readyfreddy
04-24-2006, 07:21 PM
how to do it...

go to www.imageshack.us

click browse and pick a pic off your hard drive. check resize for message boards and then host it. when the next screen comes up scroll down till you get hotlink for websites. use 1 with the capital URL

if your pic is too big you will need to resize it on your hard drive before you can host it.... if you need help with that i can try to explain... but someone had to show me! lol. good luck!

RubensMuse
04-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Freddy you look great! But you looked good before the loss too :)
Congratulations!!!!!!!

MELODY525
04-25-2006, 10:14 AM
:cofdate: GOOD MORNING NUTRICHICKS. I HAVE LOST 1.5 LBS SINCE LAST HERE. STILL EATING NS FOOD. I THINK THE WEIGHT;LOSS IS FROM GETTING OFF THE MEDS LAST FRIDAY. ONE DR AGREES. AS OF YESTERDAY I AM ALSO OFF THE COFFEE NOW TOO. I DID AS SUGGESTED AND WEANED MYSELF OFF. STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER DR TO CALL. I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE UP ONE THING AT A TIME. BUT THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT ALL THE SOY. (PLANT HORMONES) I SAY LET'S WAIT AND SEE. I HAD TO GIVE THEM A LIST OF ALL THE HERBAL STUFF I STARTED AND KEEP A DIARY. I SEEM TO BE HOLDING MY OWN RIGHT NOW. IF ALL ELSE FAILS, I HAVE PROMISED TO GET OFF THE NS WHEN THEY SEE ME ON MAY 15. SO AFTER FAXING THEM EVERYTHING, I AM AWAITING THE DECISION. :faint:

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WEIGHT LOSERS!! AND FREDDY YOUR PICS ARE A GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT!!! SOMEDAY I WILL DO THE SAME.
IT WAS GOOD TO READ ALL YOUR NEWS HERE.
DEB~ YOU ARE RIGHT AND NOW IS WHEN I REALLY DO NEED SUPPORT. AFTER 2 DAYS WITH THOSE "NEGATIVE" PEOPLE I WAS FEELING VERY FRUSTRATED AND SAD.
BUT I THINK I HAVE MY HEAD SCREWED ON STRAIGHT.
HAPPY TUESDAY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.:sunny:

readyfreddy
04-25-2006, 11:54 AM
mel- i am SO sorry you are having such a rough time! and youre right- some docs can be such pessimists! if its at all possible, can you try to find another doc that you click better with?

congrats on giving up the coffee! give yourself a BIG pat on the back for that one!

i hope the week holds better things for you.

(((((HUGS)))))

RubensMuse
04-25-2006, 02:50 PM
MEL!!!! So wonderful to see you here!
Wow you have had a time with everything. I had a doctor once that always seemed willing to help me, but never really did anything about my issues. It was VERY frustrating. I still do not have answers too all my issues, but I press on. I at least now have doctors that help me better understand why it is hard to determine some of the things. This at least helps me see their side a little better when they seem to lally'gag about with my care.

Just hang in there, and hopefully your docs will come to some kind of conclusion for you CONGRATS on the loss!!! I am sure that lifted your spirits some!!!!

Keep in touch!

MELODY525
04-26-2006, 10:08 AM
GOOD MORNIG AND HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!:encore:
I LOVE WHEN IT GETS CLOSE TO THE WEEKEND FOR SOME REASON.
I TOLD THE DR ABOUT THE 1 1/2 LB LOSS THIS PAST WEEK AND HE HAS AGREED WITH ME THAT TO GIVE UP ONE THING AT A TIME WOULD BE THE BEST. HE SAID THE OTHER DRS WERE JUST BEING OVERLY CAUTIOUS AND HE WILL STICK UP FOR ME.
SO I HAVE MY WAY UNTIL MAY 15!! :cheer:

FREDDY~ I BELONG TO A UNIVERSITY HOSP. AND HAVE 20 SECOND OPINIONS!! :rofl: SOMETIMES I MUST WADE THROUGH ALL THE ADVICE AND GOOGLE THE REST TO DECIDE WHAT PATH TO TAKE. :faint: I LOOKED AT YOUR PICS AGAIN AND FORGOT TO TELL YPU WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN YOU ARE!!!!

WICKED~ HANG IN THERE AND THE MIRACLE WILL HAPPEN!! I BET WE ALL WISH WE WERE LIKE THE SIL AND LOST 8 LBS!!! NOW WHY CAN'T THAT KIND OF STUFF BE CONTAGIOUS!??!?! :rofl:

VIKKI~ CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!! GOOD FOR YOU. 12 LBS IS WONDERFUL!!! MANY PEOPLE LOSE ION MANY DIFFERENT WAYS. I THINK YOU ARE DOING GREAT. :ENCORE:

RUBEN~ DOCTORS...CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM OR WITHOUT THEM!!! HOPE YOU AND HUBBY ARE DOING WELL. I THINK IT'S SO GREAT TO HAVE SOMEONE SO CLOSE TO DO THIS WITH!!

RubensMuse
04-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Well Mel sounds like you are definately more optimistic about the things going on. Hopefully, all will be smooth soon.

I am doing just fine these days and have decided that I am going to buy the Turbo Jam DVDs to get more exercise in. My husband thinks I am drunk. With all the walking..but it does nothing to REALLY tone. I want that.

So I am ordering it from QVC as the it has a good price break there.

Dieting is good. I went ahead and measured for this week as I wanted to see if my last weeks poor choice made a big impact there...a did but small as I still dropped 3.25 inches. My waist is down a total of 3.5 since I started NS. That is nice to see.

Well work is beakoning so tat ta for now ladies! :grouphug:

MELODY525
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
RUBEN~ THERE IS A WOMAN ON NS THAT IS HELPING PEOPLE GET 30% OFF THOSE DVDS. FLIPFLOPGIRL OR GAL. SHE POSTED A TURBO PARTY THIS MORNING.
GOOD LUCK!!

I AM GOING SHOPPING, BLOODWORK ETC TOMORROW AND HAVE A FULL DAY SO WILL SEE YOU GALS OVER THE WEEKEND. I MIGHT BE WORKING SATURDAY. I'LL SEE. MORE $$ TO SPEND ON NS!!! LOL
HAPPY THURSDAY!!! ENJOY THE END OF THE WEEK:sunny:

RubensMuse
04-27-2006, 12:39 PM
AWESOME!! Thanks, it makes it even cheaper than QVC! Whoohoo! I will be crunching the fat soon once that arrives!

readyfreddy
04-27-2006, 12:39 PM
hey nutrichicks-
sorry i have a been a bit MIA. i'm a little bummed... i'm still holding steady at 136. i know its because im cheating to much so im frusterated with myself that i can't seem to stick to it!! but im also really busy and stressed with exams coming up so not putting too much pressure on myself. my new shipment should be here any day!

im going to try re-arranging the food and see if that helps.

ie im going to do a dinner for lunch and a lunch for dinner. i am always more hungry during the day anyways so im hoping that will keep me satiated and not cheating!!

mel i hope everything is going well

ruben - congrats on the loss of inches- thats awesome!! even better loss of inches and small weight loss generally means you are putting on muscle which means your resting calorie expenditure is higher which means its easier for your body to stay lean! ;-) you are doing great things for yourself!!

everyone else- where the heck are ya??? any lurkers that want to come introduce themselves?? :-) the more the merrier...

SkinnyAgainSoon
04-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Hello ladies! I've been lurking around for a few days while waiting for my NS food to arrive. Today is my second day eating it and so far so good. I like it because of the convenience. (I hate cooking!) Its so nice to know I can have any meal done in 5 minutes:) However, I do have to say the Southwestern Chicken was a little on the icky side:barf:

It sounds like you all are doing very well on NS and seem to like it. Your weigh loss achievements are very encouraging! Congrats and keep up the good work! I hope to ease into this as well as the rest of you have and hope to have similar results. Right now, though, I just feel as though nothing is going to help me get rid of this weight. Ugh!

AmericanWomansong
04-27-2006, 05:10 PM
I am posting away....a regular posting machine. I am just excited N/S is WORKING for me! I have lost weight 2 times in my life all the way down to goal....I did N/S & then gained it back in the early 90s. I then did Jenny Craig some years later and lost the weight. JC is harder for me. The food did taste better but was so expensive.

I tried Weight Watchers after that...and Atkins...then south beatch. I got down from 274 lbs. to 220 (my lowest) when I went to Australia in 12/04 (walking around a lot in Canberra there in circles). I then came back to the states after that and kept gaining weight. My scale was different then my doctor's but i really do think I went up to 243 lbs. since my home scale nowadays seems to be working well. It totally scared me!

Going down 5 lbs. in 3 weeks (1/2 lbs the first two weeks, the 4 lbs. last week) has been wonderful! I feel like I have much more energy most of the times.

I have to go out tonight to eat with some friends from my church group at some restaurant in Milpitas. I am a bit nervous about that. I am going to try really hard to find a salad on the menu. If not, I will try really hard to order something healthy somehow (I think it is Asian).

I find for some reason I have a zillion dinners and am running out of lunches. I wonder what happened! I have only eaten out a few times, not that many. But my cubbard is full of N/S dinners and the lunches are dwindling down. My next shipment ships on 05/19 automatically. I might do a count and then call the office and see what I can do. I just don't think I could handle running out of things.

All in all, I am getting used to the program. I made some broccoli up at work (took a stalk, cleaned it....put it after tearing it into pieces into the microwave)...then added some fake margarine for fat (it is healthy for heart kind). I never do this sort of thing on my own!

I am hoping someday to be able to where some nicer clothes and be a hottie. I have always wanted to be a hottie. The health benefits would be nice too. As I lose weight, my PCOS issues get better and better as do my feet (2 medical conditions with them).

I will blab here whenever I need. :D I enjoyed reading through this btw.

Rocker Chick
04-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I just bought the n/s today. I guess it will be a few days until I get it. I've been reading posts about what everyone has to say about it, and it sounds pretty good...aside from pricey, seems to be conveinient.

RubensMuse
04-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Skinny, Song and Big ~ :welcome3:

Wow we are getting a great group here and I think that is the awesomist!!! (making up words again).

For the most part, for you new ladies, I can honestly say that I would not have had lost what I have without the help of NS. I have learned alot of things all of which will benefit me in the end. When I need MAJOR control, I stick to NS strictly. But I do reach outside from time to time to test myself. My true feeling is that someday I will have to go off NS and I need to be able to maintain a loss. I have to stop and think about what I eat.

Another VERY important thing I have learned is getting the nutritional information from ANY restaurant prior to eating there is crucial for me. Things that I once thought would be good choices, were soooo not the case. If you go to most restaurants websites (even fast food) they will have one to download. That way if we are out on the road and lunch time comes, I have my weapons ready!!!!

I have also learned that exercise is important too. I am walking alot and getting ready to start Turbo Jam. I am finding that I am looking forward to my walks and my mid afternoon sleepy-haze has gone away.

I hope all you ladies have success!!! and I look forward to reading your posts. I know without 3FC my success would be much less. The support here is great :carrot:

THANKS LADIES! :wave:

Rocker Chick
04-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Thank you Rubenmuse! And thanks for the info on restaurants. I was thinking about "when is a good time to start a diet?" you know when there's no holiday or birthday or plans in general. But I'll never start a diet if I wait for that! To be honest the hardest part for me would be 'what to eat' when you go out to eat. A salad? And even those aren't very safe, are they?

RubensMuse
04-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Actually some of those salads are horrendous!!! I am going to upload the PDFs to all the restaurants to my Blog area (just created last night) and will give you all the link to it. You can then view the PDF's or download them, hopefully, if I can get it to work :)

I ate a salad at Chilis that was 850 calories!!!!

Rocker Chick
04-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Not that that is funny, but the way you typed/said it was hilarious! (Sorry). I would surely appreciate that pdf file. Because I have to say, I'm going on n/s BECAUSE I can't make the right choices for myself. I can NOT be trusted with a menu in my hot little hands!!!!!

readyfreddy
04-28-2006, 12:29 PM
hehe i can't be trusted either. uuugh. lol impulse choices are the WORST for me! :)

Hi to Skinny and Big! Great to "meet" you!

i am feeling good- going to stick to this!

hope everything is well!

my new shipment should be here any day- which is good because i only have beef dinners left- and i dont eat beef!

Rocker Chick
04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I can't wait to start, especially now that I've "connected" with people here. I KNOW I'm gonna need ALL THE SUPPORT I can get! How long have you been doing n/s?

wickedgrl_76
04-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey Nutrichicks

I've been away for a few days, things are hectic right now. Welcome skinny & big. Good luck with NS. I haven't been doing the NS this week. I've been taking this great meal replacement shake called Dietex which I use for breakfast & lunch. It's so delicious & it has like 700mg of hoodia which is an appetite suppressant. I'm so full after each othe shakes. I have to replace 2 meals a day for 5 days & then 1 after that. It's just to let the hoodia really get into your system. I've been eating normal foods for dinner... good foods. My appetite has definately changed because of the shakes. I get full quickly so that I don't eat too much. The weekends will be back to NS but during the week I'll do the shakes. My job is hectic so it's easy for me to just drink the shakes while I work. We'll see on monday when I weigh in to see where I'm at. My sister is still going strong with NS, this is her 2ns week. And now my mom wants to do it too. It's such an amazing feeling to inspire people because of my weight loss. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It looks like we're suppose to have really nice weather. Have a good one.

Rocker Chick
04-28-2006, 01:19 PM
I looked into hoodia a few weeks back. I'll be interested to know how well this works for you. Lots of luck to ya!

RubensMuse
04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Ok ladies...here is the link to the website that I made JUST FOR US! It has a link to the side with all the reastaurants on it that I have gathered so far. If you have anything you want me to add to it just lemme know!!! Oh and print those nutritional facts for your car! I did!
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/q2creative/erase/index.html

I will be adding more diet support stuff there as I gather it. Recipes and things like that :) Enjoy ladies and thanks for the inspiration!

Rocker Chick
04-28-2006, 06:10 PM
thanks so much for the file, and thank YOU for the inspiration too, and the support! =)

RubensMuse
04-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok ladies 11 pages in so I am going to start a new thread for us...Nutrichicks II!!!