Does it Work? - Hoodia

View Full Version : Hoodia

gagirl
03-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Can anyone tell me if they have tried it? I keep hearing commercials on the radio and I just wondered. I'm tempted to purchase it and find out.

penpal
03-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I was "Hoodia-winked" into spending my hard earned money on this stuff (I didn't lose any weight - except in my wallet). I have since done more research and this product probably a hoax as the type of plant which supposedly has appetite suppressant qualities is very rare and there is no way enough of it would be available to manufacture all the 'Hoodia' pills on the market today.

Here is a link to a previous post on the subject: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77220&highlight=hoodia

nelie
03-20-2006, 09:06 AM
I read a while back that Hoodia would be entering the market under an exclusive contract and that it'd be a few years before it actually happened. Any hoodia that is on the market right now probably isn't the real thing.

Suzanne 3FC
03-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Phytopharm, who own the patent to P57, have entered into an agreement with Unilever, the makers of Slimfast. They were supposed to start human studies early this year, with hopes of marketing later in the year (though it may take longer). It's not really a surprise that they plan to market it in snack bars and other food products, lol. Slimfast with Hoodia :lol: However, at least it will be genuine. MrsJim pointed out recently that once the real thing IS available here, that it may force the faux-hoodia off the shelves. I hope so :)