Old 03-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Week of: March 19th (Newbies post here)

Hello all! This past week has been okay, I havent lost any weight but I also haven't gained. This week and next are going to be crazy busy, so I don't know how much I will write.

Hope all is going well. Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #2  

I had a great week! I started Sonoma on Monday and lost six pounds I was also on vacation and spring break. I guess tomorrow, the real world kicks back in... but it was so nice to relax!
SheilaF328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Sheila, congrats on the loss!!

Lisa, no change is better than a gain!

Been a busy weekend here, I'll try and check in from work.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Let's see..Sesame Street on saturday along with the St Patricks day parade and the Imagination MOvers on Sunday..I think DH was ready to be shot!! He is such a whiner when he is "forced to waste his time" on things..OH well...just wait till he gets to next weekend!!

Ok..no weight loss either...Sheila. can U sum up the Sonama diet???I would love 6 lbs???
GOtta run!! 3am comes along early!!!
Lisa--dont get too crazy and not rest!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

Busy weekend here, DH had his guitar group on Saturday and I went to a scrapbooking/stamping expo. It was kinda lame, but we learned a new technique with embossing that was pretty cool. Of course I had to go spend some money to try and duplicate it!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, well, what's left of it anyhow!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:59 AM   #6  

Their is actually a Sonoma thread on this site that tells the guidelines to Sonoma. The first wave is really restricted. You get vegetables, proteins, and whole grains. It's all about portion control. For breakfast you get a 7-inch plate or a 2 cup bowl. You may have either 1 cup of whole grain cerial and 1 cup of dairy or you may fill the 7 inch plate with 75% protein and 25% grain. For lunch you get a 9 inch plate and you get 60% vegetables and 40% protein. Dinner is the 9 inch plate and 50% vegetables, 20% whole grain, and 30% protein.

I was VERY hungry the first couple of days, but I guess I just adjusted because now I'm satisfied with what I'm eating. I'm not having any weird cravings either! This week, I passed up cookies and Pizza Hut pizza and really didn't care

I haven't weighed since Friday and I won't be able to go to the gym to weigh until tomorrow because I have school. My pants feel quite a bit looser, so I can't wait to get there tomorrow and weigh!
SheilaF328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #7  

RR, what's next weekend?? Dont worry about me not resting. My body loves to go into shutdown mode. I average 8+ hours if I can help it.

This week starts the pick up of one of my classes and next Monday I pick up my Capstone class. (61 days)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lisa
Old 03-21-2006, 05:09 AM   #8  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lisa--really don't have it planned but I will by then..Maybe the zoo(that is a killer for him!!!haha) then out to eat at maybe ChuckECheese(ready to be shot by now) and then on to something else to totally waste his time!!! Me and #3 are going to kids day at the mall for 8:30 and last month I dragged him out and he was "over it"..His daughter and my daughter drive me nuts with the fighting and the "mine-mine" bit..I have 2--3 year olds(one mentally) but sthe outweighs mine by 60 lbs and is a meanie at times..It makes me crazy not to have things planned...

Ok--I have to make time for me--I need a haircut, need to run on the treadmill, etc etc I will start today!!!
Have a great day all!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #9  

Hello all, I tried the SlimFast Optima Shakes - they are not bad. It almost tastes like a milkshake, just add a little ice cream . I am really trying to be good with my eating. This week I am adding two accellerated classes to my schedule. They are both 3 credit hour classes but the work of a 6 hour class. That means that I will have the work of 18 credit hours from here on out. (OH JOY!) I just have to remember that there are 59 days left (And the countdown continues).

RR - that sounds absolutly wicked. I would have done something like that if I had kids while I was married. Does he really hate it? I would think ChuckECheese would be fun for him. I would enjoy it. (I really am a big kid)

How is everyone else doing? Hope everything is going well!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

I forgot to WI on Monday, but I did on Tuesday, and let's just say it wasn't pretty. I really have to get my arse in gear.

On a good note, I promised myself I would start using the stairs at work, not the elevator, and I have kept that promise all week. OK, so I only work on the second floor of a 4 floor building, but that's a big accomplishment for me! I have not been on the elevator since last week! It helps that I sit a couple offices down from the stairway door anyway.

Any opinions on AI last night? Who's gonna be in the bottom 3 tonight? Unfortunately I think Bucky, Ace and Lisa will. I don't really want any of them to go yet...I really want Kevin to go, but he sang pretty darn good last night.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #11  

Lauren, Congrats on using the stairs! I know how hard that is. I am trying to walk all over campus, even when I have classes at the other end. It is just so hard because it has not been nice and warm. I do not want to walk across campus at 10 pm in the freezing cold. Get your bottom in gear! As for AI - I don't watch, sorry.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #12  

HI! I am a newbie to this thread but an oldie on the boards. I am a 38 yr old mom of two: Sean 14 and Rachel 11. (We also have several "furbabies".)They both have syndrome x, or metabolic syndrome. They are doing well at this time though, not extremely overweight. More that they should hold steady and grow into their weight. Dh and I are also overweight. We follow a sugarbusters type plan that the dietician at the endocrinologist office has set up for the kids. I am a school nurse at an elementary school here in North Georgia. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
ThinWithin225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:17 PM   #13  

Hello thin - I enjoyed your mini goals. I think that they are a great idea! And you are almost to Highlights! Congrats!!

Today has been going good so far. How is everyone else?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/170.6/140

Good Morning Everyone. My name is Karen and I am sort of new to the board. I am 33 years old and a mom to 3. I have been married for 15 years and we live in VA. I work at walmart so I am always walking around somewhere. I am hoping to meet new friends. Hope everyone has a great day.
vagurl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Vagurl, Glad to have you with us! Good that you have a job that you can walk around a lot...not to mention a great discount!

Thin, to 30-Something's! I love your mini-goals! That's great that your whole family is in this thing together...lots of support!

Lisa, I would not recommend walking across campus at 10PM, cold or not, unless you had security with you!

Hi to everyone else!