South Beach Diet - Phase I Start or Restart - Week of March 19

Ruthxxx
03-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Please use this thread to post your menus and questions and give and get support.
Before you ask a question, please be sure you have thoroughly checked the stickies in this section and in the FAQ.

Geekchicalways
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Hmm.. am I first?! Woah, that's never happened to me before. :D

Anyway, I started Phase I today.. again, and ti went really well. I woke up a bit late and went to the gym and did cardio and arms. Then, I had two eggs (fried in a little "I can't believe it's not butter" to stop them from sticking) and some tomato. Then I had a cheese stick for a snack and a broiled piece of chicken (99% fat free, and such) with Brus. sprouts and Broc. I need to get used to vegetables, I'm not a huge greens fan.. Unless it's in a dish, like noodles/sushi, etc. But, ah well. Rice is killing me.. I love rice so much, haha. Maybe on Phase II I can look to some whole grain.

That was my OP day. I was psyched. I cut up the chicken left over and put it in a salad for lunch tomorrow with some Carb Well Ranch Dressing. Breakfast might be tough because I have so little time to get ready but I will see what I can do.

I hope everyone else had a great day!:carrot:

pearshape
03-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Good morning, fellow P1er's! After a bad week being very off plan I'm going to be good again starting today. B'fast will be some mock oatmeal. I"m going to look in the lc forum, they have some good p1 acceptable recipes there. I found one with TVP a while ago so hopefully I can find it and try it this morning.

Here's to a good OP P1, girls!!

grannyt
03-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Good Morning, I'm new here and new to SB. 3 years ago I went on atkins and lost 25lbs. I kept it off until I quit smoking last year, since then my weight is an all time high. I am very glad to find this site. I think I need the accountability and support.

dare2love81
03-20-2006, 11:25 AM
:wel3fc: Grannyt! Glad to have you here!

I too am restarting P1 today. The DB's birthday was this past weekend, and I don't think one of my meals was OP. :dunno: So, I will be scared when I step on the scale at the gym tonight! :goodscale

:goodluck: Ladies and let's have a great first OP day!! :cb: :carrot:

Rachel2
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone! I'm restarting South Beach tomorrow (didn't make it to the store over the weekend). I did Phase I in July and loved it but at the time we had just sold our house and I was changing jobs so it wasn't the best time to try to stick with a diet. This time around DH is going to try it with me. I'm not sure how well he'll do though because he doesn't have much time to make breakfast or lunch. I'm hoping to be able to stick with it until I reach my goal weight this time!

Geekchicalways
03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Today was tough for me. I had so many cravings but I stayed OP. :D My coworkers went to Panera Bread for lunch, if you've never heard of the place it's a little cafe chain that sells these amazing sanwhiches and soups. Their breads are so good.. Oh, man, I want to eat an entire loaf right now! But! I stuck with my salad and diet coke and I thought how miserable I would feel about once again quitting South Beach. This time I really want to make it. Even 10 pounds before graduation would make happier... but 20 would make me overjoyed, ;) .

I hope my fellow Phase-I'ers had a great day!

ShowSkiMom
03-21-2006, 09:35 AM
I already posted this in another thread before I realized there was one for this week. But, I'm going to post it again hear since we're all in week one together ;)

Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I started back on the beach last Saturday. Last time I did SB I got through the first 2 weeks, lost 8 pounds, but then started to gain once I entered phase 2. This time I'll add back in new food items more slowly. This way of eating really works for me as long as I stick to the plan. I've already lost 3 pounds. I know that's mostly water and I shouldn't weigh more than once a week, but if feels so good to see the number go down

Here's what I've been eating:

B: Breakfast scramble - Saute green & red bell peppers and onions. Add 1 spicy black bean burger patty (pre-cooked for 1 minute in the microwave and then crumbled in the pan), 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1/4 cup low fat cheese, salsa & hot sauce. This is very fillling and keeps me going all morning.

L: Saturday and Sunday I got the grilled chicken ceasar salad from McDonalds. Used 1/2 of the dressing and threw out the croutons. We've (I have a 15 year old son) been in the habit of grabbing lunch on the way out to ski practice so I need to get more organized and pack our lunch instead. Yesterday I made a wonderful chef salad at home with lean turkey, ham, swiss cheese and a hard boiled egg. Dressing was light blue cheese dressing that I thinned out with a little FF half & half.

D: Saturday - Country style ribs cooked in the crock-pot, cauliflower mash, steamed cabbage, green beans. Sunday - got home late after the ski show so had a SB frozen dinner.
Monday - I eat dinner out every Monday on my way to chorus rehearsal. Last night we went to Cracker Barrell and I had a pork chop, green beans and pinto beans.

Snacks - 30 pistaschios, Celery with laughing cow cheese, "peanut butter cup", SF jello w/cool whip free.

Tonight for dinner I'm making a hamburger patty with lots of sauteed onions and mushrooms, steamed yellow squash and broccoli.

Thanks for letting me share!

Christian
03-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Day 4 here for me...
My menu looks like this today ;)
Breakfast- 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon and 6 oz skim milk
snack- 15 turkey pepperonis
Lunch- homeade chili with 1 oz lowfat cheddar
Supper- taco bake and siz oz skim milk
snacks- sf popsicle, and sf fudgesicle and sf gum

tar675
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Good morning ladies!
I'm starting over today! I was bad this weekend! Amazingly I weighed myself this morning and I weigh less than last time I weighed in and TOM started Sunday! Not sure how that happened! Well, good luck ...I know I'll need all of it I can get with the terrible cravings that I'm having! I could eat the house down!:(

tar675
03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
OK, so this is what I've had today so far:
Breakfast: Coffee/2 egg omelet w/ spinach,mozzerella cheese,turkey bacon(2)and salsa.
Lunch: A Small piece of chicken breast with sauteed zucchini and yellow squash.

I don't think I had quite enough cause I'm still a little hungry. I'm thinking about grabbing a sf fudgsicle. Have a great afternoon girls!:)

Lore1
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone! I just started SB yesterday. I'm like most folks...many "diets" over the years, always with the same results; no results or yo-yo like crazy! I'm old enough now that I know better and I believe that SB will help me learn a new and much healthier way of eating. I must say, I've already learned alot just by perusing many of the threads and posts!

Anyway...Monday was day 1. I never thought I'd say this, but I was so full I could barely eat dinner! Here's what my menu looked like...did I do something wrong?

Bfast - 2 scrambled eggs with onion and tomato. 11 oz V8 (I have since learned I should only have about 6-8 oz!) 2 pieces bacon
Snack - 2 celery stalks
Lunch - 2 frozen chicken tenders - about 4 oz total, baked with garlic salt. 2 cups broccoli with about 1 tbsp margarine (I can't believe it's not butter)
Snack - 20 walnut halves
Dinner - Baked pork loin with garlic salt. Veggie mix of soy beans, mushrooms and onion.
Desert - 1 Laughing Cow piece of cheese

Today I'm actually a little hungry (it's about 4pm) so today's menu didn't hold me over as long.

Bfast - same as 1st day
Snack - 2 celery stalks with natural Pnut Butter (about 1.5 TBsp)
Lunch - salad with 4 oz chicken breast and FF ranch dressing and a dill pickle
Snack - about 4 bites of chili and beans (using mccormick chili spices, lean ground beef, onion, kidney beans and diced tomatos).

That's as far as I've gotten today.

What do you think? Am I on the right track?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies!

jazztap10
03-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey everyone, i just started SB on monday as well. My mother lost over 30 lbs and enjoyed every minute of the diet, so I thought i'd give it a try. I dont have that much to lose this time though, thank god :)

Since monday, I started counting my calories too, just to keep in a healthy range. But, I've noticed that I am always ending up below 1,000 usually around 700...which worries me a little bit. Any suggestions on how to bump up that number?

Lore1- Your menue sounds great! It doesn't seem like you are eating too much based on what you have written up. Is it possible that you're just not used to being FULL on a diet? Heh, it is definitly a nice change. I think if you feel like you are eating too much though, then just decrease the portion size a smidge.

Good luck everybody!
We're all in this together!:)

Jazz

Christian
03-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Day 5 menu-

B- 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon
S- baked turkey pepperonis
L- baked fish and whole can of green beans
s- sf fudgesicle
S- steak, broccoli with lowfat cheese and peas
s- another sf fudgesicle and maybe a few more pepperonis :yes:

Lore1- your menu looks fine, but be sure the bacon at breakfast is turkey bacon, otherwise your doing just awsome! I know you will love this way of eating, I know I do :D

Jazz- maybe an extra snack would help maybe a few celery sticks with hummus or natural peanut butter? you dont want to get tooo low on calories, especially since this plan lets you eat until your satisfied.

Well I am off to start some spring cleaning today :dizzy: Hope everyone has a great OP day :grouphug:

Ruthxxx
03-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Christian and some other chickies, where is your dairy? Remember you can have up to 2 cups and that includes yogurt. We chicks need or calcium to avoid osteoporosis later in life. :grouphug:

jazztap10
03-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the idea Christian. I think I will start adding veggies and hummus, since hummus is high in calories. It's difficult because I truly am full after my meals, but I am still short.

Good point Ruth. We do definitly need our calcium!!

So yesterday i had:
B:Mushroom and lf cheese omelette
S:Broccolli with calorie-wise italian salad dressing
L:Vegetable stirfry
S:skipped...i was really full
D:Chicken ceasar salad...mmmm
S:sf Hot chocolate, and sf yogurt

Now that I have written this out, it looks I am lacking protein a bit. I need to work on that! Hope everyone has a good day!

Jazz

Lore1
03-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback on my menu. I didn't realize I should be eating turkey bacon. Is canadian bacon ok instead?

I did get some milk in last night. Gosh, I haven't had just a glass of milk in years. It was very wierd! LOL

I do believe I will be cutting back portions. As a kid I was always taught to "eat everything on your plate or you don't get any dessert". So...I have a really hard time not eating everything put in front of me! I'm going to be much more consciece (sp) of how much I fix going forward so I don't feel "obligated" to eat it all. At least until I get can better control over that.

I must say, I'm feeling pretty good and I seem to have more energy the last few days. What a GREAT feeling!

:)

Barb0522
03-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Lore1 - Canadian bacon is just fine. Regular bacon has way too much fat. I never used to drink milk before South Beach but now I like a glass of skim milk as long as I add a little SF Davinci or Torani syrup - vanilla and chocolate are really good.

lotusblossom02
03-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey all.
My hubby and I started the diet on Sunday and so far it seems like it's going good. However, both of us the past 3 days (monday, tues and today) have noticed a couple hours after eating lunch and dinner both us, our blood pressure shoots sky high. Mine was so bad last night, I actually had tremors in my hands. Has anyone had this after just starting the diet or is this an abnormal affect?

As far as what we ate, here's what it's been since sunday (day in paranthesis)
B: 2 eggs, 8 oz 1% fat milk (S), turkey sausage egg quiche (from this forum) and 6 oz of v8 (M-W)
S: Me: 15 almonds; Him: 20 peanuts.
L: Salad (baby spinach, romaine), green pepers, cucumber, grape tomatos, ff feta cheese, a touch of italian dressing. Topped usually with a 1/2 of a can for me a full can for him of Tuna in water (drained). (S-W). sf jello for dessert.
S: String cheese (part skim of course)
D: Marinated super lean sirloin steaks (Mrs. Dash, garlic, tiny bit of olive oil), broccoli and cauliflower (S), Salad (same as lunch) me, leftover steak broccoli and cauliflower for him (M), Mexican Chicken Soup (can provide recipe but i assure you it's sdb friendly...got from a veteran lol) and side salad (T). Dessert: sugar free jello. Tonight, Soup from yesterday again.
Also, usually with each meal, especially salads, we have at least 4 Tbsp of lf cottage cheese as well. Gotta get the calcium and extra protein in :D
We've both lost weight so far (water of course) and we have been drinking at least 60 oz of water per day.
The raised blood pressure is quite concerning to me tho. Any info/input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Christian
03-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Ruth- thanks for noticing the milk, I have been out and payday is Friday but I will get in some extra lowfat cheese till then ;)

jazztap10
03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Morning girls.
So my menue from yesterday:

B:Mushroom Omelette (this is my favorite thing in the world, i would have it for every meal if it wasn't so high in fat and cholesterol! :T)
S:Celery
L:Ceasar Salad
S:SF jello
D: Tossed salad with chicken and italian dressing
S:skipped!

So far I am feeling GREAT about this diet! How about you guys? It doesn't really feel like a diet at all, I love it!

One of the girls that I work with is on one of those soup diets where all she can eat for a month is soup. She is always complaining about being starving at work. When I told her about SB diet she insisted it wouldn't work because you eat too much! I can't wait to prove her wrong! :)

I really want to weigh myself and see if I have lost anything in four days! I know that sounds really dumb, heh, but I am really impatient :P I think I might actually just go by how I feel and how I look instead of stressing over numbers.

Have a good day everyone! :dance:
Lotus- I haven't heard of raised blood pressure from this diet, so I don't have any suggestions. Sorry! Good luck!

lotusblossom02
03-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Well for me it has calmed down. My blood pressure only went up last night about 2 hours after dinner (and the headache followed). The husband hasn't said anything so will keep updated on that.
Today
B: turkey sausage veggie quiche, 6 oz v8.
S: cheese stick
L: Mexican chicken salsa soup; Dannon light n fit low cal (sugar free) yogurt.
S: 15 almonds
D: Homemade oven roasted turkey breast, mashed cauliflower with a touch of butter and lf chedder cheese. 6 oz 1% milk.
D: sugar free chocolate fudgesicle

Christian
03-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Lotus- I havent heard of that on this plan either, I hope someopne pops in to help ;)

Todays plan,
B- 2 eggs and 1 slice lowfat turkey ham
L- 1 beef patty and 1 slice lowfat cheese
s- (was shopping)
S- turkey,squash and cauliflower and broccoli and 1 slice lowfat cheese and a huge glass of skim milk (2 cups worth) thanks Ruth ;)
s- sf jello and 15 turkey pepperoni and then about 15 more :( and another cup of milk, and a fudgesicle

Schatzi
03-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Lotus, the only thing I can think of right now is checking your sodium intake :?: I hope that this was a "fluke"...keep us in the loop darlin

Lore1
03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Today's menu will be interesting for me. I'm scheduled to go to lunch with my boss and I have no idea where we're going. Thinking about it this morning, I've decided to go with some type of salad and if there's something in the salad I shouldn't have, I'll just have to pick it out. Wish me luck!

jazztap10
03-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Good luck Lore!
Here's some :dust: for you!

Have a good OP day everyone :grouphug:

lotusblossom02
03-23-2006, 01:55 PM
the only way my sodium intake is higher is if my hubby is slipping it in lol :(
i'll keep posted don't worry.
and one note: omg on those dannon yogurts. i totally felt like i just ate something absolutely illegal but it wasn't :D
time for class. life stinks trying to diet and be a college student lol

Rachel2
03-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm on day 3 here, so far so good! I'm already having trouble finding something for lunch though. I had tuna salad with lettuce and tomato yesterday and am going to eat the leftovers today but it just doesn't sound appetizing. My mom started SB yesterday and found some frozen dinners that are ok for Phase I so I'm thinking of picking up some of them. I'm also making the Breakfast Cheesecake today since I've had the same breakfast 3 days in a row. I also need to remember to get some yogurt, milk and cheese when I go to the store.

Lore - Sounds like you're going in to the lunch prepared! :dust:

tar675
03-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Hello girls!
Well this is what I've had so far today:
Brk: cottage cheese (I had problems finishing it...not very fond of it!)2 cps coffee
snack: 15 almonds
lunch: chicken salad (chicken breast,celery,onion,light mayo) and sauteed cabbage.
snack: SB peanut butter cup.

QUESTION: Should I have only had the almonds or the peanut butter in the pb cup or was it ok to have both? Thanks! Tara~

Schatzi
03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi Tar, only one serving of nuts a day.. so take yer pick..either Peanut butter or nuts: not both :lol: and baaaaaaaa-lieve me over indulgence in Nuts can def cause a stall!

Lore1
03-23-2006, 05:40 PM
jazztap...thank you so much! Rachel....I don't know how prepared I was but it worked! LOL

This site has already helped me. I didn't realize that you could only have one serving of nuts so I was having the PNB with my celery for one of my daytime snacks, then having a serving of nuts for dessert after dinner. Oops! Oh well, now I know better, thanks to you all :)

So the lunch went well. I had the chicken caesar salad with diet coke. I didn't eat any of the croutons and surprisingly, I didn't really miss them. But here's the problem.....I'm hungry!! This is the first day since I started Monday that I've felt any real hunger. I already had my cheese for snack...I may have to give in and have my beans that I brought to work, but I'm going to wait and see if I'm still hungry in a while.

I blew dinner...I had my menu for dinner, but neglected to take the meat out of the freezer :( Sooo....while I might have been prepared for lunch, I'm not prepared for dinner! Drat.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day :)

Christian
03-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Lore- I know you will find something ...if you have a microwave you can quick thaw your meat, I have to do that sometimes...good job on the salad, and I too have been hungry today and it is day 6 for me, so I went and made sf jello and coolwhip for later tonight, oh and turkey pepperonis are a must for me when I am snacky YUM!!!

Lore1
03-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh, good idea on the microwave thaw Christie! I didn't even think about that. Thanks :) I'm currently munching on a dill pickle to curve my craving. If that doesn't work, oh well I'll be going home soon and will just have to get dinner going. Thanks for the suggestion!

jazztap10
03-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Good job Lore!

I don't think I would have ever been able to resist those croutons. I have to order without!

I was just thinking about how peanut butter and nuts both count towards the one serving a day rule. For some reason i was thinking that cheese didn't count towards my dairy intake, and I think I have been eating alot of it. Woops! I'll quit that tomorrow!

Also I have a question. I was looking at the Nutritional Info on my light hot chocolate, and I noticed it has 8g of sugar per serving. When I look at the ingredients though, there is no sugar. It says sweetened with Splenda right on there, so I assumed it was sugar free. Is this stuff phase one friendly?

want_it_bad
03-23-2006, 07:58 PM
:dizzy: hi i started south beach today ive been on adkins but i just couldn't do that long i love cottage chesse so when i saw that on the menu i said ok lets do it im trying to lose about 30 pounds by june we have season passes to a water park and i want to look ok in a bathing suit so here is what ive ate today
b....1cup ff cottage ches
3 slices of ff smoked ham
coffe with sweet n low and ff carnation milk

s..1string ches stick

l..salid....ham,cherry tomatoes,brocli
1tsp moyo with garlic salt
half of a big dill pickle

s...1 string che stick

d...2 peaces if cube steack baked
turnups
devled eggs

s...sf jello with ff whip cream

so how did i do

batmomm2000
03-23-2006, 08:03 PM
hey Jazz butting in hope you don't mind- cheese doesn't count towards your dairy. There's no actual limit on cheese but you still don't want to get carried away. You really want to make sure your cheese choices are lower in fat and don't fill up on cheese in place of your 4.5 cups of daily veggies.

As for your cocoa, is there any other type of sugar listed- high fructose corn syrup or any other word ending in -ose? if so, you'd want to stay away. It also probably has modified corn starch=bad, maltodextrin?? eeek.

You could make your own that would have to be better for you-this was posted on the allrecipes.com board by Splenda-
8 (1 gram) packets SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener
3 tablespoons cocoa (preferably Dutch processed)
2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk

MIX together SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener and cocoa in a small saucepan. Gradually add milk, whisking until blended.
COOK over medium-low heat until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately

At least here you can recognize all the ingredients. Good luck

Christian
03-23-2006, 08:16 PM
LINDY- Be sure to get in your dairy, like 2 glasses of ff skim milk otherwise your menu looks great :D

Well ladies TOM is quickly aproaching and I am having wicked cravings! So I went grocery shopping early and got A BUNCH of phase one foods and lots and lots of SF jello and cool whip, I am craving chips so the turkey pepperonis help that and as far as the chocolate....fudgesicles are my new BF :lol: Hope everyone is having a great night, and just remember...tommorow is another day closer to phase 2 ;)

jazztap10
03-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Good morning girls!
I never plan my meals ahead of time like lots of people here do, so here is what I had yesterday:

B:Mushroom Omelette
L:1 cup yogurt, and 1 tbs peanut butter
S:Jello
D:Spinich salad with boiled egg and bacon bits
S:sf Hot chocolate and another tbs of peanut butter

Just on a side note- I looked at my hot chocolate ingrediants and didn't see anything sugary or ending with 'ose' other than sucralose (splenda).:?:So I'm pretty certain that all of the sugar on the label is from the dried milk products or the cocoa. Once this one is all used up though, I will start making my own to be safe! Thanks for the recipe bat! :coffee:

Christian I love the saying on your signature. "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" I try to keep that in mind while I'm at work and everyone around me is eating chocolate bars and chips :nono:

:flow1:I Hope everyone has a good day!:flow1:

Lore1
03-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone!

Well, last night's dinner turned out pretty good. We would up going to IHOP. I had the herb roasted chicken (without the skin) and broccoli and cauliflower veggies. Also a salad. So it turned out ok. Don't want to do that every day...I need to plan this stuff out or I wind up blowing everything! So for me, planning works.

Today's menu

Bfast: 2 eggs w/tomato, cheese, onion and piece of low-fat moz cheese
snack: V8
Lunch: Burger patty, mixed veggies, small helping of chili and beans
snack: dill pickle
dinner: Panda Mandarin Chicken-no sauce, just the chicken. Broccoli. Glass of milk.

Christian
03-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Well ladies for the first time since I started this plan I am up 1 1/2 pounds, it is my own fault though, as I gave in too about 20 tooo many turkey pepperonis and everything I ate yesterday was just chalked full of salt, so I am sure between the TOM and that , my weight will be back down by tommorow. So here is todays food intake :lol:

B- 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon and glass of skim milk
s- 15 turkey pepperonis
L- HUGE salad with cheese and lowfat turkey and milk
s- sf fudgesicle
S- chili
snack- sf jello with cool whip and broccoli with dip

Rachel2
03-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, I went to the store last night and got some 1% milk and some yogurt but didn't check my food list before I went and ended up buying flavored yogurt that has high fructose corn syrup :( So I guess I'm going back to the store again. Maybe my son will eat the yogurt I bought yesterday.

Here's what I ended up eating yesterday. I know my lunch is sad, I just couldn't force myself to eat tuna with lettuce and tomato again. I did buy some frozen SB dinners so I shouldn't have problems with lunch anymore.

B - 2 eggs, 2 slice turkey bacon
L - 2TB peanut butter mixed with 2TB light cool whip
D - Taco bake with lettuce and FF sour cream
S - Jello

batmomm2000
03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
veggies, veggies, veggies ladies!!

2 cups at lunch another 2 cups at dinner and another 1/2 c either at snack or breakfast. But they don't have to be lame or boring, go to the menu site for the alfredo sauce or make a chinese veggie stir fry, fajitas with no wraps, I just piled chicken salad high up on a moutnian of broccoli. delish

other than that I think you girls are doing great

Christian
03-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks battmom, I have upped my intake and am gonna have an extra broccoli snack tonight with my jello :D

Rachel2
03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Other than yesterday I've been doing pretty good with getting veggies in. I'm doing much better today. So far:

B - Breakfast cheesecake, 2 slices turkey bacon, cup of milk
L - (went out to eat at a buffet but did pretty good!) Salad with low carb ranch, LF cottage cheese, rotisserie chicken breast, green beans, SFjello with SF whipped cream

D - Planning on having leftover Taco Bake with lots of lettuce

want_it_bad
03-24-2006, 09:26 PM
:o can someone tell me if i ate to much today pleeeeeeeeses:^:

b....3 egss with onion and half a peace of string che
2 slice of ff ham

s...1 string chesse stick
ff jello with ff whip cream

l....salid with 10 cherry tomatoes 2 slice of ff ham brocli 1/2 cup of cottage che
1tbs of mayo with garlic salt

s..1 string chess stick

d....:o 2 hambers grill with 2 slices of ff ches
asperagus(sorry if i didnt spell it right)

des...1 ff fudge pop with ff cool whip

ok do i need my butt kicked i feel i ate to much today:(

Christian
03-24-2006, 11:45 PM
looks good to me Lindy :)

Ok ladies...I must confess!!! TOM got the better of me and well I ate a NSA ice cream from Dairy Queen :( The possitive thing is that all those nasty cravings are way better now and I will just have to keep that from happening again, so here is for Saturday

B- 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon
s- sf jello 1/2 cup
L- HUGE salad with, broccoli, cheese and lowfat turkey ham and sf dressing
s- sf jello 1/2 cup
S- baked chicken, squash and green beans or a side salad
S- sf fudgesicle
s-

jazztap10
03-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Good morning everybody!

Want it bad- I wouldn't say you are eating too much. Except maybe your breakfast looks a little big, but if it helps you stay full through the morning then I would say thats alright. :)

Christian-Don't beat yourself up about the dairy queen icecream. At least you've made it this far without cheating, one little slip will probably make next to no difference with the weight loss!

Yesterday i had:
B:Mushroom omelette
S:Celerey
L: Tossed Salad with italian calorie-wise dressing
S:Jello with a bit of light cream cheese
D:Spinich salad with grilled chicken
S:A sip of my boyfriends smoothie :T I let myself cheat a little, but since it was just a sip, I'm not going to consider it cheating! :o

Well it's the weekend, and it is going to be HARD to keep on track since I wont be home most of the time. I figure if I can make it through the weekend, I'll need to treat myself somehow. I dont know how yet though, but it's got to be good!

Good luck to everyone, have an excellent OP day!! :grouphug:

lotusblossom02
03-25-2006, 12:52 PM
hey everyone
today
B: green pepper, mushroom, onion omelette with lf chedder cheese, + 2 pieces of turkey bacon (we tend to have bigger breakfasts on the weekends :D)
S: None
L: Spinach and romaine salad + turkey breast on top, FF cottage cheese.
S: String cheese or 15 almonds (not sure yet)
D: Tilipia encrusted with LF Parm + slivered almonds, baked asparagus coated lightly with lf parm cheese, broccoli OR salad. Not sure which yet.
S: Either Dannon light n fit yogurt OR sf fudgesicle.
not sure either which yet
everyone have a groovy day!

PS- high blood pressure has resolved itself. I guess it was a side effect my body had. Now i'm dealing with another thing...migraine headaches. *pops excedrine*

Christian
03-25-2006, 01:27 PM
jazztap- Thanks for the confidence ;) It means alot to know someone cares :D You have a great weekend and treat yourself right...you are SO worth it!

Lotusblossom- Glad to see the blood pressure is worked out, Your menu looks delic!! ;)

So far no hidious cravings after the no sugar added treat last night which is good, but I will be more careful from now on, they used to sell sf fudgesicles at our DQ but they didnt have them here anymore and my hubby had a utopia so I am proud that I didnt just give all the way in and eat one of those, afterall this is a lifestyle change right ladies?? :yes:

want_it_bad
03-25-2006, 02:19 PM
:carrot: good afternoon today is day #3 and so far i have not cheated i lost almost 2 pounds in the last 3 day yay me i know its water weight but it sure is nice to see the scales go down i went yard selling this morning and got a really great deal i got a treed mill exercice bicycle and a ski mac for 30$ there old but they work i walk on the tread mill for 30 minites but any way this is what ive ate today

b....1 boiled egg ,1/2 cup cottage che,1 slice ff ham

l.....1 cup cottage che,1 slice ffham,6 cherry tomatoes,1 tbs mayo
1 fffude popcicle with ff whip cream

s....1 string chesse stick

d..grilled steack, salid with 5 cherry tomatoes,1 slice ff ches and dressing
1/2 ffjello
:)

jazztap10
03-25-2006, 02:34 PM
want it bad- Isn't it one of the greatest feelings ever to watch that scale creep down! Good job with the weight loss...even if it's water weight, it still deserves rewarding! Wohoo!

I'm quite excited because I don't crave junk anymore, and it has only been five days! Lets just hope it stays that way!

I'm at work and am already starting to get hungry. Hopefully I can resist the candy jar until I get home!

Ruthxxx
03-25-2006, 02:42 PM
You chickies are doing really well. :bravo: Remember to push those veggies and water. Also remember legumes and dairy and be careful of the amount of cheese you eat.

tar675
03-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi girls,
I just realized that I was making a mistake with my eating. I was having 2tbsp of peanut butter in my peanut butter cup plus 15 almonds! I think it was only once or twice that I had them both in the same day but geez! Also, the sf jello really helps me out but the ff cool whip helps it along so much and isn't it just supposed to be 2 tbsp total for the day? Other than that I think I've been doing good. Here's what I've had today:
Brkf: 1 fried egg(used Pam), 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 cups of coffee.
lunch: salad with 1 boiled egg, cucumber, tomato, turkey breast, mushrooms, radishes, and here's the kicker: THE DRESSING! The only dressing that I had in the house(which I thought was good for me)was Kraft Light Done Right made with extra virgin olive oil. It's reduced fat dressing and 35 calories per serving but after reading the ingredients I see sugar and vegetable oil!!! It says 3g sugars! I only used half a package but still it makes me feel as if I've screwed up! I'm so bad about this because it seems when I find out that I've made a mistake I think I need to start all over w Ph1 but then I'm not sure! HELP PLEASE! Do ya think this will stall my weight loss and at what point should I restart ph1? TIA! Tara~
P.S. So far I've had 1 tall glass of water and 1 can of diet,cf,pepsi.

Christian
03-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Tara,
Calm down sis, it is ok ;) You dont have to restart, just go from where you are and cut out a serving a day of nuts and get a different dressing...things will be fine. If we get really stressed out over things it causes our bodies to hold weight , I know this to be true and it is no fun to be working so hard and let our mind mess us up, You are doing great and trying hard, you will get the results you want :D

P.S Dont forget to get in your milk :)

ShowSkiMom
03-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Ladies. I've have not been good at all about posting on a daily basis. Shame on me! Saturday was my official weigh in day but I was out of town so weighed today. Down 5 pounds! Yippee! I did really well all week until Friday night when I had several glasses of red wine and 2 low carb beers. Not something I normally ever do but was on a mini-vacation and wanted to join in with the festivities. Saturday was pretty much a bust food wise but it didn't appear to hurt me to badly. Of course it could all catch up with me in a day or two. So it's back to the beach for the rest of this week. I'm going out of town next weekend too so I have to do good this week.

Tar - Salad dressings are allowed to have 3 grams of sugar or less per 2 TBS so I think you're okay. I made the same mistake with the peanut butter and pistachios in one day. Oops!

Good luck to everyone in the coming week!

Geekchicalways
03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, I did pretty well today. I just finished some chicken and veggies for dinner and I am snacking on my Breyers low-carb fudgecicle. I love these things.. they taste just like the regular fudgecicles and only have 3g sugars (sweetened with splenda and they do have some sugar alcohols but that never bothered my stomach). I need to hit the gym more than I have been, hopefully this week will get my butt in gear!

Hope you ladies are doing well!

lotusblossom02
03-26-2006, 08:21 PM
:P
well today was good.
this week lost a grand total of 8 lbs :D the hubby has lost 10 :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
anyways
B: Breakfast sausage quiches from forum, strip of turkey bacon, 2 small turkey sausage patties, 4 oz. 1% milk.
S: Skipped...slept in lol no point in a snack :P
L: Spinach/romaine salad with a myriad of veggies on top + homemade turkey breast.
D: dannon light n fit yougurt.
D: same salad but with the leftover YUMMY fish from last night (if you like nuts and you like fish pm me. i will pm back the recipe seriously it's amazing).
S: 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese.

jazztap10
03-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Grats lotus and showski on your weight loss!! That's totally awesome!:hug:

I stepped on the scale this morning to find out that my scale is very broken. It said I was 85 lbs more than I was a week ago. I find it hard to believe that I've gained 85 lbs form a week on a diet!:o

So I guess I will have to hold on figuring out how much I have lost until I buy a new scale. :(

Well I'm off to watch my TV show.
Oh and also- I stayed op all weekend! Yay!!

Hope everyone has a marvelous night ;)

want_it_bad
03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
:flow1: good morning
weekend went good but yesterday my TOM came and i had 2 sf fuge pop at one time same on me i need chocolet ill work it off today i hope so far this morning ive had
b....1 cup of coffe
1 cup 1% milk..is that ok
2 eggs with mushrooms and chesse
1 slice ff ham

the rest of the day im not sure :cheer: yay for all the weight we are losing keep it up and soon we can all have a big ol skinny girl party

jazztap10
03-27-2006, 11:11 AM
:dancer:Rise N' Shine Everybody!

Boy do I haatttee Monday mornings! Hehe, got a good cup of coffee to start me off at least!:coffee:
CONGRATZ ON ONE SUCCESSFULL OP WEEK EVERYONE!!:cheer:
yay!

So far I have this planned for today:
B-Mushroom Omelette
S:Slices of cheese
L:Ceasar salad
D:??

And that's that. We'll see what happens for dinner. People aren't posting on this thread as much as they used to :sorry: hopefully that's because of the weekend.
Have a good day everybody!

Ruthxxx
03-27-2006, 12:04 PM
want_it_bad, please check out the Phase I Revised food list in the FAQ section and you will see that 1% milk IS allowed.
Jazztap, my condolences on the death of your scale! :lol:

lotusblossom02
03-27-2006, 12:23 PM
morning everyone :)
today
B: had the sausage quiches again (i think those are our staple..they're so yummy); 6 oz. low sodium v8
S: String cheese
L: Spinach/romaine salad + half a can of tuna in water on top (is this stuff too high in sodium to be eating ?); string cheese
S: 15 almonds
D: Turkey lettuce rollups + a dill and cucumber mayo spread; 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

i wish i liked milk more..but gawd it's so disgusting to me. :/
any suggestions to get dairy in other than cheese? i mean...i REALLY hate milk...

Christian
03-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Good morning ladies :D

Ok I must confess again!!!! :( I started phase 2 early and had ww french toast with sf syrup for breakfast, if the sugar cravings come back I will go back to phase one....I promise!! Hope everyone is having a great Monday and keep up the awsome work ladies :carrot:

ShowSkiMom
03-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Happy Monday everyone! I was down another pound today but am not going to update my ticker until I'm sure it's really gone. I have chorus rehearsal on Monday nights so my sister and I meet before hand for dinner. We used to go to Firehouse Subs most weeks but that's not going to work on the beach. Last week we went to Cracker Barrel and that seemed to work out well. I had a pork chop, green beans and pinto beans. She wants to go there again tonight so I will have the same or something similar. Here's my menu so far today:

B - 2 egg, 1 egg white scramble with red and green bell peppers, onions, low fat ham, low fat cheese and salsa
L - SB frozen dinner and a tossed salad with light blue cheese dressing.
S - 30 pistachios
D - Something SB from Cracker Barrel

Then I will sing and dance for 3 hours, come home and have a SF fudgecicle.

Have a great day everyone!

jazztap10
03-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Hello hello everyone.
I am ITCHING to know how much I have lost so far. I would just go to a friend's to weigh myself, but my 'before' weight could be way off because my scale may have already been broken :(

I keep reading about people losing so much weight in phase one, and I really don't think I have lost much so far. It's kind of bumming me out. But-then again, I can't make an honest observation until the two weeks is up! I'll just stick to it and see what ends up happening.

I've been trying to incorperate walking into my life a little more. So far I'm walking only about 30 minutes a day:tread:, which doesn't seem like much... but I am sure it will make a difference in the long run! Once summer comes along I will have more time on my hands, and hopefully will start up Tae Boe again (so much fun!!):strong:

Anywho I'm off to work. Hope everyone has/had a good day!

jazztap10
03-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Anyone still out there?
I think I might give up on this thread and just go to the regular morning chatter! For any of you still out there, I kind of cheated last night :( I had 4 or 5 skittles- which isn't that bad, but it is still cheating so I still feel guilty!

Rachel2
03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Jazztap - I'm still here but the weekend was crazy so didn't have a chance to check in. I need to start walking more too. I don't have a treadmill though so I have to do outside walking and it's been too windy. I need to start doing Taebo too. I did it once last week and was so sore the next day I haven't been able to talk myself into doing it again. Don't feel too bad about the skittles!

Considering how much time I spent away from the house over the weekend (car shopping :dizzy: ) I didn't do too bad. I did have a piece of bread Saturday night because we went to a steak house and their bread is so good it's evil. Went right back OP after that though!

Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 4 lbs :D :carrot:

Lore1
03-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi Jazz.....30 min a day walking is pretty good! Especially if you haven't done much walking before. Believe me, you'll notice it :) AND if you keep it up, you will definately get healthier as time goes on. Eventually you'll be able to increase your time and you'll feel GREAT!

Congrats Rachel!

want_it_bad
03-28-2006, 07:35 PM
hi im still here jazz im with you were is everybody well im still doing good today is day #6 i ate a grilled chicken salid today and had way to much thousand iland dressing and i really think im drinking way to much diet soda i was told it will stall your weightloss is that true?well it my TOM and the scales went up 3 pounds i hope thats the problems and not those 2 sf fudge pops i ate all in one day..so shame...i went bathing suit shopping today and good lord thats enough for me to stay good for a while well girls have a goodnight

jazztap10
03-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Well it is good to see that everyone is back :)
Want it bad- If you read the article on the 3fc main page, it says that drinking diet pops and sf juices should be included in your daily water intake. I can't see it stalling your weight loss (although I could be wrong), but it definitly adds a bunch of chemicals and junk into your system which would be good to avoid! OH, and I also do not enjoy bathing suit shopping ;) I feel your pain!

Todays menu:
B-mushroom omelette
S-celery-no dip
L-salad with chicken and italian dressing
S-cucumber slices
D-spinich salad with egg, bacon and italian dressing

Tomorrow I'm going to try and fit in a second 30 minute walk later on in the afternoon. We'll see how that goes! It is nice to walk in the morning, it really wakes me up! It feels great, just like you said it would Lore. So far in these two weeks i have felt VERY sluggish and tired all day long. Walking definitly has helped.

Congratz everyone on the weight loss!!
Well, I hope everyone has a good day!

Geekchicalways
03-28-2006, 07:55 PM
I cheated myself. Figures, really. I always get myself down. April 1st I will try to restart Phase I. In the meantime I am trying to eat better and do like a phase II type deal, then I will start Phase I fresh. Bah! I hate when I fail. Such a self fufilling prophecy.

jazztap10
03-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Geek, maybe you should just try sticking to phase one for the rest of the two weeks, and see if you want to continue on after that. Restarting always made me feel like i failed, whereas cheating should just be considered a bump along the way. It is true that phase two is much easier and much less restricting, but maybe you should stick to phase one for the rest of the week to kick the cravings? Don't bum yourself out over a little mistake!!

Hey lore, you posted earlier about cravings kicking back...how is that going? Got it all under control again?

Rachel- Did you end up buying a car last weekend? Don't worry about the bread...I think you've earned it from working so hard on being OP!

Rachel2
03-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Geek - I agree, you should try to stick it out on Phase 1 this week. Slipping up is ok as long as you get right back OP.

Lindy - I've also heard that too much soda (even diet) can stall your weight loss. Something about the caffeine or the carbonation. I've really been trying to limit myself to 2 diet sodas per day but it's hard when I'm used to drinking Diet Coke all day!

Jazz - Yep, I signed the papers on my new (to me) Explorer yesterday! So I guess I can think of the bread as my reward for being so patient with car salesmen :)

Lore1
03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi jazz. Yep, I think I've kicked it. Yesterday I had similar cravings, but they were not NEARLY as bad as they were. I reached for a stick of SF gum and chomped on that till the craving went away and was fine. I'm back on track with my menu (no more carrots for me!) and I think I'm doing ok. One thing I can't wait to get back to is Curves. I hurt my knee pretty bad a few weeks back, so I've stayed away from Curves to let it heal. This is my 3rd week away and I am starting to feel it. I can't wait to get back to it! I'm going back on Monday and will be taking it easy to begin with, but at least I'll be getting some exercise back in.

I've been trying very hard to stay off the scale for these first two weeks and so far so good. but I am DYING to know if I've lost anything! I know, it shouldn't matter right now, but let's face it ladies...it does matter mentally! Monday when I go back to Curves I'm going to get on the scale and see what it says. That'll be about at the end of my P1 (I hope!) so that should be a good time to weight in.

Christian
03-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Guys I have bad news...had dental work done and am just consuming liquids...kinda hard to do a plan that way so I am just having spicy v-8 and 100 % grape juice and jello today, I will just have to heal and jump back in there with you all, Keep up the great work ladies, it is showing :D

Lore1
03-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Get better soon Christie! Don't be gone too long :)

Christian
03-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks Lore :grouphug: I only have to do the fluids for 1 more day ;)

jazztap10
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Well hello hello everybody!

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Rachel- I feel your pain with the car salesman. Can't they just be the most irritating people in the world sometimes? I'm jealous of your explorer though! Wish I could get rid of my hunkajunk and get something new!

Lore- It's good to hear the cravings are gone! I keep fruity flavored gum on me at all times because I find it works so well!

Christian- Is your mouth sore?:?: I hate dentists for all the pain they put us through ;) Hope you get better soon.

So I stepped on the scale this afternoon (first time since before the diet) and I was down three pounds!! I know you're supposed to lose more than that, but I don't care...I'm SOOO excited and motivated!:hat: Yay! I'm going to go treat myself to a nice sugar free fudgsicle heh:) I hope everyone has a good evening!

Lore1
03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Way to go jazz!! Congratulations!!! Shoot, whoever said it is supposed to be more? 3 lbs is EXCELLENT! I can't wait till I can be 3 lbs lighter! Good for you :)

:hug:

Christian
03-29-2006, 11:17 PM
jazz- WAY TO GO on the 3 pounds :carrot: That is great!!!
My mouth isnt very sore, I have just stayed away from anything that could get it that way LOL, I have a great dentist here but I know how you feel ;)

Lore- I am sure you are already 3 pounds lighter ;)

catch you ladies later :wave:

jazztap10
03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Good morning everyone!:flow1:
(It's still only 7 here!)

Thanks everybody :) It's nice to have people encouraging me. Also, its my TOM and I hear that can make you gain like 5-7 pounds and I weighed myself in the middle of the day (I usually weigh in in the morning), so maybe I've lost even more than 3!:carrot:

It's good to hear your mouth isn't sore Christian. Dentists always seem to leave me on painkillers for a couple days!:tantrum: I've had lots of problems with my teeth though, and that is probably why. I've had 8 molars pulled! I was born with too many.

I think I may need to start eating less. I snack ALOT and I know snacking is good, but only in small portions. I'm going to try really hard to limit how much I eat for the rest of phase one. I've always been an overeater... I will shovel in the food until I feel sick!!

Anywho I'm going to jet. Hope you guys have a good, OP day!

Oh yah and geek...are you out there? Don't give up on us!

Lore1
03-30-2006, 11:42 AM
jazz....I can easily put on 5 lbs at TOM. Don't sweat it. Drink lots of water and it will shortly go away. (the water weight, not the other! LOL)

:D

want_it_bad
03-30-2006, 12:34 PM
hi all jazz ive only lost 3 pounds on my first week of p1 is that good yall or should i have lost more i think mabe ill leave the fude pops alone next week today is day #7 od p1 so i have my fingers crossed ill lose alot more next week it was my TOM last week its gone today so just mabe but good for us 3 pounds .....yay

jazztap10
03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Personallly, I think that 3 pounds in one week is awesome. I wish I could keep it at that rate :) Gratz on your loss Lindy! Doesn't it feel great?

So I started walking about 30 mins a day earlier this week, and I've already doubled it! It feels great, and I love it. I love how much energy it gives me, since I've been feeling sooooo sluggish the passed week and a half.

Only three more days of phase one!! WOOHOO! Hehe I actually haven't found it that bad, but boooyyy do I want oatmeal!

Anywho this is going to be a short post, because I'm having company for dinner.
Hope everyone has a good evening!

Rachel2
03-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Jazz - 3 lbs is great! :carrot:

Lindy - Same to you, 3 lbs is a great start! You should be ok eating the fudgsicles as long as you don't go over 75 calories a day with your sweet treats.

Christian - Hope your feeling better!

Yesterday I went to breakfast with my mom and aunt and decided I'd eat a little bit of a pancake. After three bites I decided it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be so I just ate my eggs and sausage. I am looking forward to Phase 2 though, not for the bread but for the fruits and other vegetables. I'm not a huge vegetable fan and lately the only sides we've had with dinner are broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans. It's getting pretty old!

Lore1
03-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Rachel that's so funny you say that. Just this morning on my way into work I was thinking "mmmm...wouldn't it be so good to stop for a really good breakfast and maybe have a few bites of pancake? Nah...I bet it probably wouldn't even taste good now!" You confirmed my thinking! LOL Although the rest of the breakfast sounds pretty darn good (can ya tell I'm hungry this morning?)

Monday is my day to weigh in. This is the first time I can EVER remember not weighing myself at least once before my first week was up. I've waited two weeks and haven't gotten on the scale once! I know it sounds silly, but to me that feels like a huge mental accomplishment. So we'll see on Monday how my 1st two weeks went. I've already decided if the weight loss isn't that great, sure I"ll be disappointed, but it's ok because phase 2 will help me to lose it all. I'm also going back to Curves on Monday and that makes me happy. I never thought I'd say I missed my exercise!

Have a GREAT day ladies!

jazztap10
03-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Haha i totally know how you guys feel. Today a coworker brought us all donuts (she knows who likes what, so I got 'my donut', so I couldn't decline) Anyway I was so disapointed with the first bite. Sugar just doesn't taste as good as it used to! It's a very rewarding thought!

I honestly am not really looking forward to phase two. Not because I think I will gain weight or anything, but just because I don't have a problem with the foods I eat now. I have become really accustomed to not eating bread or fruit, and I really don't miss either. I think I am going to start to have oatmeal every second day. That is all I will do for the first week or so. Does that sound alright or would that be bringing in the carbs too slow? I guess now that I think about it, I do kind of miss oatmeal, but that is all.

I walked for about 50 minutes today. It is going to be my new goal to try to walk 250 minutes a week. I know that isn't too much, but it is a start! I know I have said this lots, but I really enjoy it!

Good job on getting back to curves Lore. I checked out your website Rachel, it looks really good. I think I might want to start one up. Do you feel like it motivates you at all?

Hope everyone has a good evening :) :flow1:

want_it_bad
03-31-2006, 09:09 PM
good afternoon ladies im so proud of me i went to mcdonlds for lunch today i had a double chesse burger without the bread and a side salid i wanted the bread so bad but i didn't eat it im going to lose this weight this time it looks like everyone is doing great i have 1 more week i can't wait for p2 i miss my fruit that will be the first thing i eat then ill try oatmeal well goodnight guy
sweet dreams

jazztap10
04-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey lindy!
I went to McDonalds yesterday for dinner with the DB. He loves that place, and I used to as well. I ended up having their chicken ceasar salad. It was soooo good! I question how healthy it was because of the chicken (they probably managed to deep fry it somehow)... but it tasted amazing!

Two more days ladies! Yay! :)

I'm off to a car show this afternoom The DB is dragging me along here too. Apparently we will be there for like 3 or 4 hours.:tantrum: I hope we aren't because that will mean we will eat there, which means I will probably be stuck with a hotdog or fries!:nono: I will try really really really really hard to stay OP and maybe I just wont eat until we get home, although I might be starving by the end!!

Well I hope everyone has a good day! :crossed:Cross your fingers for me!

want_it_bad
04-01-2006, 09:09 PM
jazz it looks like it's me and you here thats ok i look foward to hearing about your day :nono: don't eat those hotdogs have fun at the car show well i have 4 more days to p2 i can't wait i want my fruit back i gess ive done well today except i ate to much whip cream:o but other than that i done good
good night jazz and anyone else i have missed

Lore1
04-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, phase 2 is here tomorrow! I am SO looking forward to some fruit. I never imagined I would miss fruit more than bread/starch! DH bought some grapes the other day and I've been drooling over them ever since. But I've been very good and not had a single grape. Gonna buy some at the store so I can have a few tomorrow :) Best part about phase 2...it's the true weight loss phase! :)

How about everyone else? What are YOU looking forward to on phase 2?

want_it_bad
04-02-2006, 02:14 PM
:D hi im so looking foward to some fruit it's spring and the grocery stores fruit looks so and mabe oatmeal i think im turning into a chicken

jazztap10
04-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm glad to report that I did NOT cheat at the car show! YAY!!! We were there for about 4 hours...and ooohh myyyy goosshh i was bored! When I think about it though, it was pretty good excercise, because we were walking around the whole time and my legs are actually kind of sore this morning! Maybe I'm just really out of shape ;)

So anyone else a little scared to move into phase 2? I think I'm going to hold off on the carbs one more day, and start tomorrow. So it looks like you and me are starting on the same day Lore. Lindy- you get to drool over our conversations about fruit and grains for a couple days! :) Heh, just teasing .I want to kind of plan what I'm going to do. Is it better to eat the carb in the morning, or at night? Or does it depend on the person? Either way I'm still a little excited about being able to eat oatmeal again!

I still haven't gotten around to buying another scale yet, but I am ITCHING to know how much I've lost in P1!! I'm going to have to go to a friends place to weigh myself.

So sorry I took so long to finally post. Busy day, busy night, busy morning...I'm sure you all know how it is!

I hope everyone has a good day!! Talk to you all soon.

Lore1
04-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Good for you jazz!! I know how hard it is to go to those things and not eat that junk!

Well yesterday I couldn't stand it anymore. I had an insatiable craving for chocolate (or something sweet like chocolate). It got so bad I knew if I didn't do something, I was going to just hop in the car and run down to the 7-11 and get a jumbo sized chocolate bar! Since I had gone grocery shopping and picked up some SF Jello Pudding, I indulged a day early. OMG did it taste good! LOL I had one, and that put my craving to rest completely. I was shocked at just how good it tasted and how quickly it got rid of my craving! LOL

Yes, jazz, I'm a little hesitant about moving in P2 also. While I'm looking forward to some of the foods again, I'll really have to watch myself to keep from getting out of control with it. It won't be easy, but we can do it!

I go to Curves tonight and weigh in. I feel so much better...if I haven't lost much I'm going to be very surprised!

Lindy.....I got some apples and grapes at the store. I'm going to start with the apples...I'm reserving it for a dessert treat with some all natural Pnut butter. Also, I found some SF popsicles and I think that will help any sweet cravings I might get. I've heard alot of people mentioned them so I'm gonna give it a try :)

Have a GREAT day ladies!

Rachel2
04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Jazz - Glad you didn't have to cheat at the car show! I know how hard it is to find something healthy to eat at those things. DH and I go to at least one a weekend during the spring and summer.

I start Phase 2 tomorrow. I am a little scared too, mostly because yesterday I think I managed to eat a little sugar at lunch (went out to eat, had a great salad but I think they snuck some sugar into the chipolte dressing) because I had awful cravings all evening and ended up eating more than 75 calories in sweet treats. I am looking forward to being able to have bread once in awhile. And I'm going to be thrilled to be able to have carrots and potatoes with dinner. I've also been craving some SF pudding and I think I'll buy some fruit at the store today. Just have to make sure to not eat all of the new foods in one day!

Ruthxxx
04-03-2006, 06:11 PM
End of Phase I so I'll close. If you are doing another week, please join the April thread. Also, please join the rest of us on the Daily Chat thread if you've not already done so.