Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/124/115

Default Making soy yogurt

Any advice on how to make soymilk yogurt? All of it has too much sugar in it for me (diabetes, and if its 15 carbs or less, i don't need to do insulin for a snack). Yogurt is one of my favorite treats, but i'm cutting out most dairy, and turning my kitchen vegan, except when the boyfriend visits, and only having animal products when i go out, like a treat. Its a health thing. I was a vegan when I was young, but reverted back to wating both eggs/milk AND meat. I don't have moral objection to eggs or milk, as it does't harm the animal if done properly. I just prefer the taste of most soy to dairy. I want to be able to sweeten my soy yogurt with splenda and lime. If i can't find a good recipe, I guess I'll eat real yogurt because it is something that makes me really happy, and I don't think eating a no sugar added (spelnda sweetened, can't digest aspartme) fat free yogurt will hurt.

So, any soy yogurt makers in the house?
Old 03-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #2  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I use the plain Silk brand soy "yogurt" to make smoothies. I imagine if you just want a yogurt snack you could just buy the plain and blend it up with your fruit of choice. If that’s not sweet enough for you might try any number of natural low/no cal sweeteners. I use Perfect Sweet brand natural Xylitol.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

speaking of which . . . can anyone recommend a yogurt making machine?

I would like to make my own yogurt but I am not sure how to get started.
Closed Thread