South Beach Diet - Weekend on the Beach

View Full Version : Weekend on the Beach

Barb0522
03-18-2006, 01:26 AM
I guess I'll start us up. Once again I am still up working. Hopefully I'll be done in the next hour and then I can get to bed. At least I've got someone helping me this weekend since I am once again dealing with a password that is flaky. It worked this afternoon and doesn't like me now.

I don't have much planned for the weekend. It's supposed to be rainy which is good since we really need the rain.

Barb0522
03-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Good night, gals! I'm heading to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

SoCalBirdLady
03-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Hey, I will be REALLY early for this weekend thread . . .

I can't sleep so I finally have time to check in with the Beach chicks. I read everything every day, but I rarely have time to post. Just wanted to check in.

I am doing great. I guess it was something about learning that I have diabetes, arthritis and high blood pressure within a short period of time. I "got away with" being overweight until now. As they say, it takes what it takes and something about these health issues makes me extremely motivated. I only deviated from the plan once -- and that was a conscious choice to have a small amount of French bread.

The weight is coming off slowly but it went up that way so what the heck.

Tomorrow is a busy day...an all day Mediation seminar and dinner with the inlaws. Sunday will be a day in the yard if it doesn't rain. I look forward to being able to start planting again (hi Ruth!).

The thing that helps with the food is that I am really focusing on all the SBD friendly things that I really LIKE. Sushi, salad, chicken with balsamic reduction, hummus, black beans, cereal, artichokes, asparagus, red wine, mushrooms . . . there are a lot of fabulous things you can have on this plan. And, no counting the darn points! Of course, I DO have to watch portion control which is the only thing with which I am having some difficulty.

Well, catch you chicks later . . .

Ruthxxx
03-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Good morning, Barb and SoCal! I hope you two are zzzzzing right now. BArb, how annoying to have a password problem when you are trying to get a job going. SoCal, nice to see you again although I do know you've been floating around.

I had corned beef and cabbage last night and the salt did NOT put my weight up. If I stayed the same after eating salty food, does that mean I really dropped three pounds? Guess not.

I was really hoping for a warmish day today but it's still in the 20's. :( I am dying to get to some of the fall cleanup that did not get done. It's really too cold to work out there and the ground is still frozen. However, there were two robins on the front lawn so Spring really is coming! :flow2: I did my duty visit to Harry yesterday with Hershey so won't be going in this weekend.

So the day is mine! The dishwasher is running with the week's dishes, I have only two more loads of laundry to do and the kitchen and back room need a vacuumming. Hershey and Lucy are overdue for fur-cuts and are leaving big dust bunnies of fluff! It floats around like black milkweed puffs when the furnace blower goes on. One landed in my coffee mug this morning. Yick!

I plan to put the zip into my red spring jacket and then get cracking on that turquoise silk. Making something new is so much more satisfying than alterations and mending! One of these days I'm planning to get my legs and arms lengthened by four inches.

Asparagus and salmon are on the menu for dinner. Maybe the scale will show a loss tomorrow.

What's happening in your part of the Beach? :coffee:

Schatzi
03-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Get Up Sleepy Heads!!! Daylights A Burnin'!!:flame: :flame:

First CONGRAT TO RN (GRAND) MOM -- ohhh you must be on :cloud9: I just know she is gonna be a spoiled little princess! Whats our baby chicks name????

Soon: Odd? :dizzy: Dish Darlin' !!!!! I just know it was just a formality..specially since they already filled your position at the other store...I picked up an Avon book at Curves last night... Does that Eye crap really work? I'm starting to git crinkly crepeness - m.u.s.t. s.t.a.l.l . aging process!!

Demeter: what a GOHJIS picture of you !!! Purty lady!!!

Sarah: the music festival sounds fun even if it rains! :rain: what kind of music?

Wezzo: I bet your mouth is all green this morning! I hope you had a wonderful day darlin':drinkup:

ShebasMom: What a fun surprising NSV!!!!!!!!! I miss seeing your posts you leetle lurker! :s:

Socal: Good to see you on the boards again!

Barb: Sleep well

Ruth: oooh Turquoise is one of my favorite colors!!! :love: Sounds like you have a chockfull day planned as usual! Enjoy yer nest!!

:wave: to all you other gals outthere!! (Where is my pearsydew? and Mamacita??? :?: )

Yesterday was busy but I managed to get to Curves again.. I really forced myself.. I came here and to the Curves sub group under exercise, and I got Motivated to just Suck it up and GIT ER DONE! :lifter: I felt soooooo goood afterwards..I've forgotten how wonderful that exercise "high" can be! I "binged" on 3 bean salad yesterday.. I just love BEANS!!! I had 3 cups of northern/Kidney/chickpea..with sliced red onion and redwine vinegar/splenda /water mix... I can't believe how filling and how long I stay satisfied on beans!
Today a group of us are going to the town brewery.. I plan only on tasting and have "saved" calories for it -- even though Beer is soooooo Off plan .! Speaking of which on my "new" plan of SB, calorie counting and exercise I'm down 4 pounds this week!!! :dancer:
Ok time fer More CAWFEEEEEEEEEEEEE :coffee: and water the yard! have a GREAT DAY GOILS!!!!

Muffin02
03-18-2006, 09:14 AM
GOOD MORNING!

Hi Shatzi, Ruth, SoCal and Barb! Yard work sounds nice but it's also way too cold here for my liking. My kids want me to get the Spring decor out...maybe we'll do that.

I got an early Tae Bo workout in with nothing specific on the agenda today. I have to give my mother a perm tomorrow but otherwise it's a free weekend.

RNMOM, CONGRATS!

KO
03-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Morning Ladies!
I finally got off my arse and got moving! Right now I'm basking in the glow of endorphins! after I post Its pamper time plucking dying etc. . .
Last night we had corned beef and cabbage soo good not my grammas but still I've been waiting for that since last St Patricks day I had some baileys in my coffee :D
this AM I was down 2 which is pretty darn nice considering I have equated my scale with the plague
Shatzi! Thats AMAZING YOU'RE ON FIRE!
Barb Sweet Dreams!
Ruth doggie fur in the CAWWFEE? UGH! the jacket and silk sound divine!
Socal mmmmm sushi you're doing great oh! if you like chicken try stuffing a breast with diced tomato Garlic and artichoke!
I'm off for some Girlie time before DH gets back and We become Errand centric
bbl
Kier

KO
03-18-2006, 09:22 AM
I just caught up on fridays thread! RNMOM CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! babies are blessings!

beach bum
03-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

It was a long day for us yesterday we left for Boston at 9AM and returned after 5 PM. Didn't eat much except for 3 slices of thick deli pastrami,mashed potatoes & brussel sprouts for dinner.

Thank you for all the support you have given us though the last few weeks. We really appreicate having friends like you.

Wish I could read your posts,but I really pressed for time. DD & DS with family is going to arrive this weekend. I trying to make this place baby proof with the young[2yo]grandson around. You know the terrible twos. hehe!!

Big Congrats :carrot: to all the lossers & shrinkers on this board.I stayed the same this week.Hopefully I will be able to lose again, I have been lacks on the exercising,will start again on Monday.

Have to out for couple of things, will post later when I ge back.

Hugs :) BB

SarahinBalance
03-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Morning ladies! So I got my scale last night and it's my new best friend! Hope it's accurate. This morning after visiting the bathroom it read 145???!!! (last night it said 147) I'll wait till my Wednesday weigh in and move the marker if it's stayed off.

I'm excited because I'm meeting up with the ladies for dinner before the BF's show. Just really cherish my girl time.

Schatzi - Eric sings in an "alternative/punk/rock" band. You're right, it will definitely be fun even if it's raining (it's raining this morning in fact)

Beach bum - Good to see you. I think you're smart getting back on the exercise wagon. I know for me personally it really helps me deal with my emotions and stress.

KO - I love endorphins too. It always seems like exercise feels the best on those days when you really just don't feel like it.

Muffin - Enjoy the free weekend!

Ruth - You seem like such a neat crafty lady! Always being productive. Are you sewing for yourself or is it a side business/business?

SoCalBirdLady- Nice to meet you! Sounds like the beach is really workin' for ya and that you're enjoying it!

Barb - That sucks about your work stuff!! Hopefully you got a restful night of sleep.

Well that's about it. Going to head to the gym for an hour of weights and an hour of cardio. Want to get in a nice LONG workout since I have the time. I'll be back later~=!

weezle
03-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Green beer for 11 hours. I have a headache. Did it to myself though. Ugh. And the bachelorette party is tonight. I smell like a brewery. This is not good.

And, Terry woke me up saying "Honey, where are your keys?" Well duh, in my coat pocket.....which is in the back seat of Molly's car..... Crap. So she's on her way out to my house to give me my coat so I can leave. I have the bridesmaid luncheon at 1:30. Hoorah. Mexican food is good, I just feel like napping. So much for tanning and shopping today. It's amazing how one day of moral decadence can change all your plans for the next day.

Hope you all are well. Will try to post pics from yesterday later on.

Lisa

weezle
03-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Hope this works.

http://www.geocities.com/weightlosszone/IrishDavisesResized.jpg

soon2Bfab
03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Afternoon....I really was up this morning...I went to Curves today...there's a new person (or train wreck - whatever) to watch. I call her giggle/wiggle. She DOES NOT wear a BRA! (Me...I'm wear 2 just so I don't get knocked out!) And then on the little step recovery areas she just jumps & swings her arms like a freak...kinda scary! WOW - what a mess!
Weezle - have fun at the luncheon!
Schatzi - I've been using the cream in the morning only & I notice my upper lids are tighter, but I don't notice a change in the under eye. Did your AVON book have a sample on the front cover? Some areas got the books with a sample on the front and other areas did not. If you want to try it PM me your address & I'm send you a couple sample cards. I promise not to stalk you....ask Pearsy & Stephie they sent me their addresses & I haven't stalk them at all!
Sarah - great job!! The scale is my friend today as well...210! (Watch out Pearsy...you're going to be paying me!)
Beach Bum - you & your family are still in my prayers....take care of yourself!
SoCal - hello! Welcome back!
Ruthie -Sounds like a busy day for you....I gotta catch up with you....I have lots of cleaning to do!
Barb - I hope you got the sleep you needed...that stinks about the password.
Muffin & KO - Hello, have a great weekend!
Me - DF & I went gorcery shopping last night & I ran into my current boss. She told me that I did great at my interview & I have a second one with the DM later this week. We discussed the General Mgr at the store. He was odd...he would talk bad about my current boss (which I did not like! I adore my current boss!) he would tell me that he is all about the associates and making them happy....ok, but then he tells me a story where he made the supervisor look like a jerk in front of the associates. I don't want a boss that's not going to be on my side....ugh. But it will mean more $$$$. If I get this job, my checks will pay for our bills & Mike's (df) will be to save for our house/wedding. So I guess I have to keep my eye on the prize!!
Well I'm off to do some much needed cleaning...see ya later!

soon2Bfab
03-18-2006, 01:16 PM
cute pic weezle!

weezle
03-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks soon! I love my family.

JanaM
03-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Morn....er.....afternoon, y'all. What a laaaazy day. I'm posting 7-8 hours later than I usually do, so that pretty much speaks for itself! :snail:

Got up early and went to Wal-Mart this morning for groceries & the new carpet shampooer. Then dropped off the groceries at home and went right back out to Kohl's for their early bird sale. That blur you see is the money FLYING out of my purse today!!! :lol: At least I came home with some cute things, and in a smaller size. Doin' the dance for that moral victory! :dance:

After that flurry of activity this morning, I've been an absolute slug. Time to finally get going, do some cleaning and some prep work for meals next week.

Ruth - Hang in there, darlin'. Spring's coming. That's cool that you make your own clothes. I haven't broken out my sewing machine in years.

Schatzi - Hmmmm. Beeer. :doh: I really miss beer now that I can't have it!

Weezle - Glad you had a little too much fun yesterday. ;) Love the pic of the family! Hope you have a great time at the luncheon.

Soon - Your Curves stories just crack me up! Relatively speaking, the ladies that go to my Curves are pretty normal. Glad that the interview went so well. Sounds like it's just a formality now!!!

:wave: to everyone else. Have a great weekend!

Barb0522
03-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Afternoon, gals! I wish I could say I got enough sleep but right about the time I was soundly asleep (1:45AM), my pager went off and I had to go back to work for another 20 minutes. Then it turns out I forgot to turn Brian's alarm off for the weekend and he came in at 6:45 this morning, wide awake and ready to go! I think that is why I had a harder time than normal at Powerflex class. I need my sleep!

Dreary, rainy day in Texas (that's okay, we need the rain). We plan on watching the new Harry Potter dvd once Brian has done enough on his project.

scrappinRN
03-18-2006, 05:10 PM
and unlike you Sarah mine is not my friend. It says I'm up 8lbs, but my old one says I am down two this morning. Its so frustrating, since my old scale is like 20 years old and I like the new one but not the numbers. I think this one is more accurate, but right now I am hating it. Today I have been craving something sweet like crazy and my fudgicles just aren't cutting it, but I starting to drink the H2O heavily. I hope it helps.
Busy making dinner, salsa chicken and stuffed mushrooms, and maybe a cuc salad. See you chicks later

Geekchicalways
03-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey ladies,
I also didn't sleep much last night. Tatsuya snores like a bear sometimes and it keeps me wide awake. I was...less than pleased. Anyway, tomorrow I am making a fresh start for phase I and I will try my damndest to stick with it. Two months, almost to the day, of graduation and I think I can at least be somewhat happier with myself.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!:carrot:

Kiko
03-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Evening gals.....

First week back to work as done kicked my butt!! I am so tired today. TOM hit me like a ton of bricks as well. I have got to get myself back on program in a big way!!

Barb I am enjoying this rainy weather, although it is making me lazy!!! how is Brian feeling?

RNMOM Yippee!! Babies.... gotta love 'em!! That is a big baby girl- how is your DIL feeling??

Sarah I didn't realize you lived in Austin- I really enjoy that city!! Barb and I are in the Dallas area.

We didn't do anything to celebrate St. Patty's Day- the girls wore their matching shirts to school, that was about it!

Anyhow.... feeling lumpy and a bit crabby, need to snap out of it!!

MsCrockett
03-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Sleep, what in the world is that!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am having so much trouble with my sinuses at night and aching leg and back that I am up and down, and I cant nap during the day, I dont know why guess I am affraid I will miss something,, Have yet to miss a darn thing, however still think I may,,, shewww..

Schatzi
03-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Morning Chicks! Just a quick checkin as I enjoy my cawfee and watch the blue jays, cardinals and woodpeckers at the feeder.

Weezie: Loverly pic of the fam! I can see both mom and dad in you !
KO: Good to see you back posting on the boards! :write:
BB: With what you are going through I think its a big accomplishment to stay the same :hug:
Barb: hope you get some down time today ..DH was up and down all night with a cut over that didn't happen! :(
Sarah: Here's to our GAL PAL time!!! :cofdate:
Soon: :lol3: No Bra?? Man I'm with you! I got this one sports bra that is so tight that I look like I have a Uniboob.. But it allows me to jog on the recovery stations without knocking myself out! Thanks fer the offer ! I dont recall if the book had a sample.. I left it at Curves.. I will PM you ...:write:

Jana: What kind of carpet shampooer? As fer the Beer - I had the equivalent of maybe 2 dixie cups. These folks I went with did not have a designated driver, brought an 8 year old who could not go in... So, I stayed most of the time outside with her.. and ended up insisting I drive home because the other 4 "adults" were sh*tfaced - I mean REALLY drunk. I just couldnt believe it. :fr: I ended up keeping the little one overnight.. She's still sleeping with our 2 furbabies....

:wave: Crocky, Kiko, Muffin, Ruth, Geekchic,and Scrappin

Today DH and I are going Shopppping for gardening tools and a wheelbarrow, and stain. We have 2 gliding wood rockers that hook together via a table in the middle of the two. It was made by the Amish. When I lived in Joisey there was an Amish food market and store close by and we purchased a few of their hand crafted items. I so admire hand workmanship. Anyway, it needs to be power washed and restained. Then I will put it out under the trees to enjoy reading in the shade for the hot Caroliner days.

Time fer more CAWFEEEEEEEE! :coffee: Have a great day all!!! :flow1: :flow2:

chipper15173
03-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Well, I am still around. Just been lurking for awhile. I have been doing allot of inner self searching. Started a plan on Monday last week, so far so good. Tomorrow morning the scale will let me know.
I got a resistance's band home gym yesterday from someone for $60, next weekend we are putting in a loft off the master and making it the exercise room. I have a gym membership, but, don't like driving there (1/2 mile from me) LOL. This adds to my collection of equipment. I just need a new treadmill, hope to get one of those soon also. Got the elliptical for Christmas. Have an exercise ball too. I think today I am going to work up a workout plan of attack and start tomorrow.
I see everyone is doing great. check back in later.
Cathy

JanaM
03-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Ah, back to posting at my normal time. Sounds like insomnia is running rampant these days! :yawn: Hope everyone slept better last night. Wish I could have slept in a little longer today, but I can't get away with that around here. My dog is just tall enough to put her head on the matress (she's not allowed on the bed). So, if I don't wake up to HER timetable she'll put her head on the bed and stare at me....and if that doesn't get me out of bed, she'll start bouncing her head on the matress until I do get up. My own fur-covered alarm clock. :)

MsCrockett - Hope you feel better soon. I hate the nasty sinus season!

Schatzi - I ended up buying a Bissel - the kind with the on-board heater. I know a couple of other people that have one like it, and they really liked it. Well, that really BITES about the brewery fiasco. Sorry that you didn't have a better time. Hope at least the beer was good.

Chipper - Welcome back to the board. Don't know if you've seen it, but someone usually starts a weekly behavior goal thread where some of us post our weekly goals. Check it out! :carrot:

beach bum
03-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Good Sunday Morning:)

The GRANDCHILDREN ARE COMING!! The GRANCHILDREN ARE COMING!!

We're so excited as we haven't seen them since :tree: Christmas.I bought them each a small Easter Bunny[4] in a pack, for them today.
The plan is to go to Friendly's for lunch,and thats my local hang out with my friends for:cofdate: Sunday Brunch. It would be great if my friends can see the gang of family members :grouphug: that I talk about all the time.

Went to church last night and it was the guitar mass. Don't :nono:really care of that,as I'm very old fashion, love:love: Organ music to accompliment the songs,but that just me.

Nothing:no: else is new, DH is feeling rested today,and looking forward to the family:grouphug: being all togther once again. Tomorrow is going to be the last day that we have to go to Boston,we don't have to return until May.

Sara-Exercising :running: along with dieting :hun: is the only way.Hope I can start my routine again.

Thanks:thanks: Schatzi-Happy:carrot: I maintained but I hope to lose this week when things get back to normal.

Soon-Thanks:thanks: for your prayers & thoughts:chin: . Thats what keeping me :strong:strong.

Using smiles in my post as, I'm very upbeat today.

Will keep you posted.

Hugs :) BB

KO
03-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Morning Ladies: I did my half hour of cardio this AM
Yesterday I was dumb i mean DUMB! if I'm by myself i forget to eat
so on the way to buy the presents for the 1st birthday we went to last night we got checkers (its Rally's in the south) one champburger with cheese and a big glob of Mustard on my boob later and I was needless to say disgusted.
I did ok ok with dinner it was baked ziti I had a small scoop
Dessert ehhhhhhhhh not so much cannoli a cupcake and some gingerbread house
what have we learned kids?
Kierie needs a kick in the arse to feed herself when no ones around!
Grease & Sugar not your friend
Soon! I'm so glad its goign well for you! Could I PM you my address for the eyecream sample? I'm pufftastic
Schatzi I'm with you on the Uniboob Got any spare steel Girders? as for the peeps with the 8 year old? what the heck it's called a babysitter!
Crock have you tried sleepign with 2 pillows or maybe sitting up?
Chipper you will really like resistannce bands they offer alot of variation
SCrappin how was dinner?
Barb did you and Brian love Harry? I have the DVD just need to get the enhanced version
Jana you're a shopping machine
Geekchic I love your avatar :)
hi Kiko
ok off to make the limited grocery list eggs and lunchstuff and a home interiors party aka come over and buy something or be embarrassed
bbl!
Kier

want2babeachbabe
03-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi everyone!

I know that I shouldn't weigh more than once a week, but it is so hard. Today is day 13 on P1 for me. I have followed the plan very closely. I have been so excited, just knowing that the weight must be coming off yet as of this morning, the scale hasn't moved. Except for 1 lb up since last week. I lost 5 lbs the first week. I just don't understand. Should I give up my last snack? I usually make that a frozen peanut butter cup and I eat it after 8 o'clock.
Advice? Please!

Schatzi
03-19-2006, 09:37 AM
:welcome3: to the boards Chipper!
Jana: I have the Bissell ProHeat - same one! I :love: it.. I'm a clean freak and use it every 6 weeks or so.. disgusting how much dirt comes up even when you think how well you clean!
BB: enjoy yer grandkids visit! you would loooooooove Duke University's chapel.. They are famous fer their organs... I get goosebumps when I hear it !!!! Here's a pick of the pipes in the back of the chapel http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsmyther/25082640/in/set-1193072/
Ko :coach: Remember to EAT!!! and BACK AWAY FROM THE CANNOLIS :lol: I made smiley pancakes fer the little one:) ... dressed her and walked her over to the neighbors who are nursing huge hangovers and looked a bit sheepish at me..They thanked me but...I have a real problem with people drinking and driving as a rule-- but with yer child???? I had a good time with the little one - I love children! so I told them if they go again (it turns out this is a near weekly trek to the brewery fer them.) . that if I'm available I'd glady watch her.
Beachbabe: I checked the Phase 1 starter thread to see if you've posted examples of your daily menu... If you post what you have been eating, I'm sure a 2nd,3rd etc set of eyes can help you determine if you are missing elements or eating too much of something...I had to cut out nuts completely..it's a trigger food for me - and I have no :dust: so post yer menu here or on the Phase 1 thread - we'll see if we can help. ;)

Debbie0522
03-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Good SUnday Morning Everyone. I haven't posted for a few days. Just been very busy.
I'm home from church because my 2 year old woke up with a fever at 5:00 am. I am coughing up stuff myself. I can't believe I'm missing church AGAIN. I've hardly been this year! Husband and the boys are there so that is good.
We were supposed to have company for dinner this evening. My husbands parents, brother and sister and fams. I will have to call and cancel.
Motrin or generic version is a miracle drug! Daughter is in the other room playing and singing with big sis! So cute.
WEll I"M VERY EXCITED. A NEW all TIME LOW (for this year) 162 lbs. this morning!!! yEA! I don't want to move the ticker yet.... I am kind of surprised! The only thing bad I did really this weekend was eat a can of nuts in 2 days! But I was driniking a lot of water and eating NO sugar and None of the other no-no's. I figure the NUTS were my Friday night treat while my husband and kids ate Candy! OH, I had bought Breyers sugar free ice cream for tonight. The girls and I had a little small bowl oif it last night. I love it.

Schatzi: I have no Will Power Dust with nuts either. So no more in the house until maybe NEXT weekend!! LOL

Wheezle: Glad you are doing well in Springfield and having a fun weekend!

Beachbum: I'M SO happy for you to have your grand kids coming!! ENJOY!

Hello everyone and have a great weekend!!!

PS> I wanted to say that this is the same weight that I lost this time last year, only I started in January on WW and it took me until May to lose that same amount of weight. I'm encouraged to eat really well today.

OH you guys- THIS IS SO FUNNY. My dear daughters got into my closet while I'm trying to type and came out playing with all my really old old lingerie (I've been married 18 years) from my early marriage years. None of it fits me but can't bear to throw away, you know?> 5 year old just said, "Mom, are these wedding clothes?" LOL! its so funny.

Debbie0522
03-19-2006, 10:44 AM
how do you get all those cute little icons in your posts??

MsCrockett
03-19-2006, 11:00 AM
WEIGHED in this Morning minus 3 lbs.. that is a total of 25 so far,,, one more day till shopping,,I see oatmeal in my dreams..lol............

Debbie0522
03-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Crock: THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

soon2Bfab
03-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Morning everyone (yes I know it's almost noon!) Df & I BOTH have the day off today, so we were bums ..staying in bed & cuddling. Now we are going to go to Borders (I love going on Sundays....grab of cup of coffee, a few books - so relaxing!) I think we are going to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond (we have $150 in gift cards we haven't used.) And then we are going to make some dinner & watch the DH & Grey's. We were invited to a little get together because one of the gals that works at a nearby store is going to be transfer to Florida. I wanted to go, but the annoying co-worker that talks about herself in the third person will be there, and I have no desire to put up with her.
Crock - great job with the loss!
Debbie - look in the botton left side of the page where you write your post...there should be a posting rules box...inside the box it says smilies are on...click on the smilies & it will show you all the codes to get the cute little icons in your post.
KO - of course....I have some cards from my sales meeeting (I won them because I was #27 in sales - pretty good because I didn't try that hard!)
Well I'm off to Borders -have a wonderful OP day!

Muffin02
03-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Hello EVERYONE! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I just gave my mother a perm. She comes pretty early so I got up earlier than normal to get in a 30 min cardio because I knew I wouldn't feel like it afterwards.

Last night dh made a yummy king crab and clams casino....YUMM! I did have one g.s. cookie though. Yumm on that too :)

Debbie0522
03-19-2006, 12:11 PM
:bravo:

just had to try it! thanks!

Ruthxxx
03-19-2006, 12:15 PM
:wave: We had frassing snow overnight! The sun had better get busy and melt it because I'm in Spring mode. I just finished putting a new zip in that red jacket and am ready to garden! Too bad the ground is frozen solid.

This afternoon I am going to paint. I've done nothing for two weeks and my class is tomorrow afternoon.

batmomm2000
03-19-2006, 12:39 PM
good weekend ending to all!!

I got a touch of the stomach bug Fri night which luckily only lasted that night but somehow the only thing I could bear to eat on saturday was a big dish of Friend'y's chocolate chip and strawberry ice cream!! Whoo hoo man that was good, yipppee I love ice cream!! Anyway didn't set off any mad cravings and I'm down 3 lbs, way to go stomach bug!! LOL

Weezle-I love your pic, you look fantastic!!

Soon-you crack me up, I'd love to hit Curves with you

Scrappin-don't worry about he ## on your new scale, if it's 5 lbs higher than your last then just always take 5lbs off the top number, lbs lost should be lbs lost, the total number tends to vary widely with different scales

WTG Crockett!!

Jana-enjoy your splurges!! be thankful they weren't food ones, lol

Schatzi-2 dixie cups of beer, LOL easy girl...next year it's your turn

Barb0522
03-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Kiko - The rain is making me lazy too. I'm going to blow off going to the animal shelter today since we can't walk dogs in the rain and I'm sore from exercise class yesterday. We did tons of squats and my legs are screaming! Brian is feeling perfectly fine. I just hope this time the strep stays gone. We're throwing his toothbrush out on day 5 of the antibiotic this time. Maybe we waited too long last time. I don't know.

We loved Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! We watched most of the stuff on the bonus disk and will need to wait until the lightning is gone before we watch the rest. I was a little worried about letting Brian watch it since it is PG-13 and he is only 8 but he understands that fantasy violence isn't real.

I need to go out grocery shopping but I'm waiting for the rain to lessen. I'm making the beef soup recipe from the cookbook today. I've never tried it so I'll have to see how it is.

Kelly J
03-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi Chicks!

Glad everyone seems to be having a good weekend. We woke up to a few inches of snow this morning :( Isn't spring like tomorrow? Oh well, we've had a very mild winter in this part of the state, so no complaining here. Made it through 2 birthday parties with relatively little damage. Still haven't started my planned Sunday cooking though....looks like I'll be up for a while tonight doing that after the 3yo goes to bed.

KO
03-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey Ladies
DH had a headach this AM so I crawled back into bed to rub his temples 3 hours later I woke up! The home interiors party was cancelled so DH and I lazed a bit more and we have been spring cleaning!!!!!
With his new job we're talking about getting some new furniture a chest/coffee table ours is huge! and some chairs and maybe a rug or two
Tonight is Sopranos night so we're ordering chinese I'm making chicken for us to bring for lunch tommorrow

Crock! thats fantastic congratulations!!!
Debbie congrats to you lady! too cute about the lingerie
Batmom and Weezle your pics are great
Barb I'm a harry fiend while not totally true to the book I LOVED IT!
Kelly Good Job with the birthdays
I will talk to you all on the morrow :)
Kier

chipper15173
03-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Well didn't get to use my new play toy (exercise gym) today. Left house this morning and was feeling ok, now fever, chills, heavy chest, trouble breathing, (have asthma), cough, body aches. Just plain feel like --it. I babysit my 5 yo gd, so called daughter to give her heads up her or hubby may need to stay home from work tomorrow. They don't get it though. They say she isn't that hard to watch and she is in school for 3 hrs, whats the problem. The problem is I am sick and deserve to rest and when they are home sick in bed I watch her. This is all coming to an end. I deserve to rest in my home without kids that aren't mine. Mine are in their 20's and gone. I want to sleep without hearing Ganny iam hungry or iam thrusty.
Oh well, if not feeling good in morning I am calling and they can watch her and take her to get her allergy shot in the morning.
I am off to bed.