PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/216/180

Red face Newbie-I have PCOS/Need to get to healthy weight TTC/need support

I am 27 years old. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19. My Gyno. Refered me to a Endocrine. I was told that I would be able to concieve but It would take some work since I had amneorreha (no cycle on my own). They tried Glucophage but nothing worked. Steady gaining weight. I met and married my husband when I was 23. He is very understanding. We are longing to start a family. I was started on Avandia 4mg in the am and Fortemet in the evening this was in November by december i Had my first period on my own with no help from BCP. now they say i need to drop at least 30lbs. We have been TTC for 4 years with no luck. Anyone with any advice or success stories please let me know.
Brandi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:41 AM   #2  
Big Ol' loser

I was annovulatory and suffered from secondary infertility. Don't know if this will help at all. But I did clomid once and it was awful. We tried for 3 years and conceived by 'accident' we actually had given up and I had gone on a diet and lost 30 lbs and bam- pregnant.
I am not going to say that will help you but thats what did it for me.
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #3  

I do know what your going through. I don't have periods at all. I haven't met too many people that are like me. I am almost 31 years old and my husband and I want a baby. I would be so happy with just one. The older I get the more I don't think I will be able to have one and it is depressing. I have gone to the doctors and they did all the tests and couldn't find anything wrong with me. It doesn't help that my husband is on his second year long deployment. without a husband , well, you know it just doesn't happen. I guess my biological clock is kicking in. But I'm taking a step now to lose the weight and hopefully it will be off by the time that my husband gets back and I'm just praying that it helps me to conceive. IF not, well then I will resort to the medicines and such..but I'm hoping that just by losing this weight that my periods will resume on their own. I know how hard it is..in wanting a child and not being able to conceive and how frustrating it is. All you can do is try to lose and see if it works. I also see you are from Louisiana. My husband and I grew up in Louisiana..in the north around the monroe area. If you want to pm me then you can. I wish I could offer any kind of definite advice or a success story but I can't..I can only say that I do understand what you are going through. I worry so much that my husband and I won't be able to have any children of our own...but I made up my mind that if I don't conceive by the age of 35 that I would like to adopt possibly.
cruisintolose is offline   Reply With Quote