Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions - Good Snack Bars?

View Full Version : Good Snack Bars?

Britmum
03-15-2006, 06:03 PM
I often am very hungry after a work out at the YMCA. I was wondering what protein snack bars you would recommend to have in the car. If I don't have something on my way home to take the edge off, I start to eat as soon as I walk through the door and while I make lunch for the children and then while I make my lunch. Any suggestions would be great!:dizzy:

hoodj0080
03-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I adore luna bars!!! They are one of the more edible nutrition bars I've found:)

happydaisy
03-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Luna bars are good and so are the pria bars. The pria bars are only 110 calories with 5 grams of protein. Luna's are about 180 and have tons of good flavors.

hoodj0080
03-15-2006, 08:40 PM
are there artificial sweeteners in pria bars? I can't have them, but I would like to try the bars.

Britmum
03-16-2006, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the replys. The only question I have is, are they low carb friendly? I'm off tho walmart this morning. I'm going reading some labels. What flavours do you like best?

Britmum
03-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I've solved my problem. I read some labels and decided for the money to get the advantage bars and cut them in half. I put them in a zip lock in my center console as it's not warm enough to melt them. So half of one and a diet fizzy soda and that tides me over till lunch. Then I have the other half while I'm in the pick up line at school for my mid afternoon snack!

hockeyfan7
03-21-2006, 04:11 PM
I love the CarbWise brand bars -- they are way better then the Advantage bars. The chocolate fudge crisp was almost candy bar and only 2 grams of net carbs.

lighthouse33
03-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Slim fast optima and protein bars are pretty good. I love the protein peanut granola bars and the optima blueberry muffin bars are good for breakfast.

Lookingforlean
03-25-2006, 11:16 AM
I love the PRia bars, only 4 carbs (or less) each. And to boot, they are the cheapest fo the lot. I get them at Costco and they run about a buck a piece (18 dollars a box)
Of course if you don't like choclate you are out of luck. They come in an assortment of 4 types, all choclate based. One has carmel, one peanut butter and I don't remember the other two, but I love them. Eat them with a big glass of water and you are set.
They also are not dry like some of the other bars, if you know what I mean. you actually feel like you are eating something you might eat if you weren't trying too loose weight.