Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #1  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Help!!! Family Reunion

My DCousin who is the head of the Family Reunion committee has asked me to come up with activities for our picnic, which will be all day on Saturday. I am not very creative or imaginative when it comes to such things.

The reunion is going to be in SC, so its not like I am able to transport anything really big to use for any of our activities. Do you all have any suggestions?

Signed,

Activity-less in Cleveland
Old 03-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Water balloon volleyball is really fun. A few years ago at a reunion we did a pie eating contest with graham cracker crusts, a big can of chocolate pudding, and spray on whipped topping. We had a few different catagories of ages, and then after the big dinner that night we had the finals. It was really fun. Also a hot dog eating contest would be fun.

Cheeto head is great. Buy some shower caps, several bags of cheap cheetos, like at the dollar store, and a few cans of shaving cream. Divide your group into teams, tell them that they need one catcher, and the rest of the team are throwers. After the catchers have been picked, ask them to sit on chairs at the front of the group. Pace off about 10 feet from the catchers and make a tape line that cannot be crossed byt the throwers. Ask each catcher to place a show cap on their head, cover the caps with shaving cream, pour out a big pile of cheetos in front of each team, and give them 2 minutes to get as many cheetos to stick on onto the head of the catcher as they can. Ask someone in your family to be the judge. This game is a scream!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #3  

perhaps for the adults..if your family likes to play cards..have everyone that wants to sign up for a spades competition or get some poker chips and do a poker tournament..see who is number one. Perhaps have a gift certificate for the winner...or something else. It doesn't have to be costly. I know that the kids at our reunion loved to play on the slip and slide...that was during the summer time when it was nice and warm though..I don't know how the weather is like over there or even if you have access to a slip and slide..good luck. I know it's not alot..but I'm not the best with these things either.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #4  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

The spades tournament is an excellent idea! We love spades. We could also have a whist tournament! Ooh thanks!
Closed Thread