Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #1  

Question BFL Question

Is there any particular order that you use with BFL weight training? I noticed the other day that when the upper body training was coming to a close my biceps were done, couldn't lift an ounce after the 12 and 10 set. I was thinking that maybe I need to do those first but I also know that they get worked with almost every excercise as secondary muscles so I don't know if working them first will cause over working.

Second question, is BFL a good program for endurance athletes? I've already been working out 6 days a week and eating right lost 16 lbs since the beginning of the year and a coulple of dress sizes too. But I don't want to change my cardio schedule. I'm training for a 12mi bike race this summer and a Duathlon next year so my cardio is very necessary and I like it! I'm at the gym every day on alternate days I play in the pool with my kids and soak in the hot tub, and get keep my skin together in the sauna. I needed BFL b/c I wanted a clearly structured lifting plan and I get bored with weights very easily and BFL is not boring, I have a blast doing them. Here's my schedule let me know if I need to tweek anything thanks!

Monday-long run/morning( no more than 30 min.)-BFL/evening

Tuesday-SPIN (for strength)45 min.

Wednesday-BFL morning-Evening off

Thursday-SPIN 45 min

Friday-Short Run/morning(no more than 22 minutes), BFL evening

Saturday-Long Bike

Sunday-off ( Yippie beauty rest and actual strengthening! )
msruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #2  
Mel

I'd stick to the BFL lifting plan. You want to work your larger muscles first, then your smaller. If you can hardly finish biceps and triceps, you are doing it right!

IMO, based on where you are now, BFL is a fine plan. You aren't doing that much more cardio than it calls for, and probably not as intense as the original plan. By the time you finish a challenge, a 12 mile bike race should be just a short jaunt for you!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote