South Beach Diet - Tuesday - time to play!!!

View Full Version : Tuesday - time to play!!!

freaky
03-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Helllllooooo Out There???!!!!!

Still experiencing some computer problems but thought I'd jump on quick and hope my post doesn't vanish before I hit the post button.

It's day one of TOM today and that's always a rough one. Going to do my workout and pick a bigger pair of pants out from my variety of sizes in the closet. I think I must be retaining enough water to start a new man made lake in my back yard.

Was able to do a qucik scan of yesterday's posts - Weezle - our thoughts are with you and glad you are safe and well. Everyone else....Top of The Morning To Ya!!!

Kiko
03-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Good morning Freaky!

I didn't get back yesterday to see what everyone was up to- no time! I did get home and take advantage of the fact that DH was here and went walking. It felt great!

Day one for baby DD was great- it is an older couple that is caring for her. The woman has 30 years of daycare experience and her husband is retired and is an extra set of hands for her. Very loving environment- I think it is going to be great!

Eating was perfect until about 8:30 last night. Grr... why is that such a hard habit for me to break????

Have a super day.... more later!

Kiko
03-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Weezle Just scanned yesterday's posts. :grouphug: I didn't even see the news yesterday, so had no idea what had happened. Thoughts and prayers headed your way......

Stephie You are too adorable! I agree with RN- you are tee-iny!!!!

Gotta hit the shower!

mamahulk
03-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Good Morning Freaky and Kiko! :hug:
I just finished 2 workouts. nonot crazy I just need to get my weighloss jump started again. I was doing well last week but I think with being sick and not exercissing is doing me in. I am trying to get back into the routine.
So this is my goal this week- Not to weigh myself until next Monday. The scale is my worst enemy. I thought it was keeping me motivated but so sick of seeing the same 3-4 lbs up and down. So I know where I am at today will not weigh in again till next week. Keep my fingers crossed!
Wezzle- still in my prayers.
BB- praying for you and your family.
FC- praying for all of us that we can beat the battle of the bulge.

JanaM
03-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Mornin' all. Not much going on in my world today. Just off to work and then home to do chores and watch American Idol. Hopefully work won't be too hectic today. I've had to stay late 3 days in the past week because we're behind on a project....and it's not even my fault we're behind! :dizzy: Oh well, them's the breaks.

Freaky - Thanks for the :lol: . That gives me an idea of what to do when I retain that much water!

Kiko - Glad the daycare thing is working out so well. My sister kept my nephew in a home daycare setting and she just loved it.

Mama - Wow! 2 workouts? Can I count one of yours as my workout for the day!?!? :lol3:

Taking leftover steak, grilled veggies & spinach casserole with me for lunch today. Yum! Gotta scoot. Everyone have a great day!

amelie77
03-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Good morning ladies. I am on day 4 of phase 1, and doing well. So far, no slip ups. I haven't really been craving much at all, but last time I did phase 1 I didn't crave until the end of week 2, then I screwed up bad! Hope you all have a lovely day!

Weezle- "INI" - I have heard some crazy stories about what is going on in Springfield myself. My husband actually is a member of the army guard there.

HoosierMom
03-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Well, it's suddenly winter again. We spent the last couple of days in the upper 60s lower 70s and now it's 31. :dizzy: Had to dig out the winter coat again.

I'm on day 13 of phase 1. I thought I'd be thrilled to be this close to the end, but I'm not. This is the HARDEST time for me. Every time I think about cheating I hear that little voice saying "no big deal if you have that bowl of cereal. It's only 2 days early." GRRRRRR :mad: So I'm probably just gonna be cranky the next 2 days.

It doesn't help matters that the birth control the doc put me on is making me feel yucky. I feel like I'm gonna be sick all the time. Of course, I'm told it's normal. But still it's no fun. So I'm really hungry, but I don't want to eat anything. It's like I'm pregnant all over again. :p

Well, I'm just a big bowl of cheer today aren't I? Hope you guys are doing better!

Toodles for now.

cottagebythesea
03-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Weezle ~ What a relief to hear from you! Thank God you're all OK! My prayers are with you and the people of Springfield. :grouphug:

Kiko ~ I'm happy to hear things went well at the new daycare yesterday, too. It's wonderful that you were able to find a loving home environment for your little one.

Yesterday's birthday party went well, the weather held so the kids could play outside, but they still tracked mud all over Cindy's rugs. That can be cleaned, though, and the important thing is that they all had fun. I stayed on plan, I just nibbled on a slice of pizza, and passed on the cake. I'm just so afraid of regaining these 3 lbs I've just lost, and that's where I got my will-power. After I got home it was too late for supper, so I just had a SB Peanut Butter Cup and a cup of tea, and that satisfied me.
Today we have a play date for after school, so that will make the afternoon go fast. I'm pondering now on what to make for supper, my mind doesn't want to go there yet!

Ruthxxx
03-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Good morning!

Freaky, I have a river in my yard! All the melted snow in the meadow and up the cliff runs through my property on its way to the culvert and the creek! It even has a current. Luckily it lasts for just a day or so and then it's muddy paw time.

Kiko, I'm so glad your day care arrangements worked out well. I totally understand the 8:30 PM problem except mine happens around 5 PM.

Mamahulk, good for you on the workouts. I'm sure being sick is what screwed up your weightloss. You are right - not losing pales in comparison to the problems others are dealing with.

Jana, I love your spring avatar! I have snowdrops in bloom and crocuses (croci?) just showing first leaves. I NEED Spring!

Hi Amelie. Hang in there and beware the ides of Phase I!

I sort of just hung out with The Girls yesterday - even skipped my painting class. They came home from the kennel soaked to the skin as they spent most of their time outside in the rain - part of their cultural heritage as Portuguese Water Dogs! I lit the woodstove and they slept the rest of the day. The whole back of the house smelled of wet dog!

Candice comes to clean in about an hour so I need to do the tidying. I'll pop back later.

Whoops! Hoosier and Cottage are here too. Hang in there, Hoosier! The side effects of the BC pill will pass. Cottage, I'm glad the weather was good for the party. We had constant rain up here all day!

Gotta jet!

ckb1432003
03-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Good morning girls. :wave:

Weezle - I watched the news last night. Couldn't believe the number of tornados that hit us between OK and IN. I think they said 113!!! It's crazy. They showed lots of pics on CNN of Kansas, Missouri and Illinois. It sounded like Missouri got hit the worse - hard to imagine it's worse than what you and I can see!!!
Freaky and Mamhulk - great job on the early morning workouts! :running:
Kiko - I'm so happy the sitter went good for you! I'm sure that is a huge relief for you!
Jana - Lunch sounds great!! What time should I join you?? :)
Amelie - :dust:
Hoosiermom - I'm right there with you with this crappy weather. I wish it would just hurry up and be spring. I can't handle much more of the back and forth!

I had a great OP day yesterday and even got my walk in after work. I have to work late tonight - attending an EEO Rep training - so I will be rushed after work to try and get my walk in before the dinner/DD bath/chores grind. Since going on Phase II, I'm losing about 1 lb a week - which is less than I had hoped for - so I'm having to remind myself today that 1lb down is better than 3 lb up! :goodscale

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!! :dance:

Schatzi
03-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Gooooood Mooooorning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm enjoying my 3rd cupppa cawfee out on the deck this morn..watching the cardinals and woodpeckers come to the feeder.. I love the quiet in the morn .....:dance:

Weezie: Aw darlin' My heart goes out to you and the town of Springfield :( .. Please keep us posted. I'm just happy you and your loved ones are safe. Just Devastating.

BB: Keeping you in my thoughts darlin' :hug:

Freaky: Heh heh, I signed on at about 4:30 and didn't see today's thread yet.. so I waited fer ya ta start it up!!! Hope you have a good day !

Kiko: How FAB to find good daycare fer yer wee one! Some of my fondest memories growing up involve "mommom and poppop" who babysat us, and after school care till I was 12.

Stephie: That is just an ADOOOORABULLL Avatar!

Mamahulk: WOW U GO GIRL :cp: :dancer: extra exercise should help kick start ya again!

Jana: Your Crocus pic is GOHJIS!!!! Mine are just starting to come up.. I think they are crocus.. Apparently the people who use to live here planted stuff.. some of it in "odd" areas.. There were tulips coming up in the middle of the lawn.. DH was gonna rotatill them over to plant grass seed...Noooooo! I quickly transplanted them.. Now there's bulb plants coming up under the Butterfly bush..so it's gonna be a surprise as to what they are!

Hoosier: HANG IN THAR BABALOOUIE!!! Your almost there!! :dust:

Amelie: Good JOB!!!

Cottage: Good job on resisting that cake!!! :bravo:

Ruth: I'm glad to hear you had a "down" day and just enjoyed yer nest and sweet dogs!

I'm off to Curves this morn... Thunderstorms are in the forecast today..so I will be doing some in door things today...Note: Fat chicks do not look good in spandex. :sumo:

3darlingsmomma
03-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone!

Freaky - I hear ya on the water retention, lol.

Kiko - I'm so glad to hear your daughter's first day was a good one, I'm sure that's a big relief for you.

Mama - Congrats on the 2 workouts! Yesterday I went for my walk and then I did my Bar Method Body dvd, I was pooped!

Weezle - Take care!

Hoosier - Glad the kids had fun at the party.

To everyone else, have a great OP day!

As for me, I'm still plugging along. I was too hungry at dinner last night so I didn't eat the best. I should've known better than to let myself get that hungry.

Tonight we have lacrosse practice so it will be a mad rush to get homework done beforehand. We don't eat dinner until after practice, my kids don't like running on full stomachs.

I'm planning on getting my walk in this afternoon, it's rainy right now but it's supposed to blow out of here bringing cold weather with it.

Tyra

wildlifebio
03-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday there was a discussion about if 100% Whole Grain What Thins were OP. I am not sure but I have the ingrediants here if someone wants to take a look and fill us in.

Whole grain wheat flour, soybean oil, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, salt, high fructose corn syrup, barley malt syrup, monoglycerides, leavening, soy lecithin, artificial color.

batmomm2000
03-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday there was a discussion about if 100% Whole Grain What Thins were OP. I am not sure but I have the ingrediants here if someone wants to take a look and fill us in.

Whole grain wheat flour, soybean oil, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, salt, high fructose corn syrup, barley malt syrup???, monoglycerides, leavening, soy lecithin, artificial color.

I'm pretty sure these ingredients take away the OP-ness...

scrappinRN
03-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I am irritated with this weather, although its better then tornados, right, so I won't complain to much:( .
I don't know how you ladies remember everyones names, there are so many:dizzy: , and I can barely keep track of my own names somedays:D .
The posts seem like everyone is having a good day so far and I am to but haven't eaten anything yet, so we'll see. Heading off for a breif hotel/indoor water park visit with my mom and my kids. Should be crazy loud, but hopefully fun. My challenge will be to eat well over next two days with my mother there, and limited healthy food choices that are OP, and my TOM started yesterday:devil: .
Good luck and good eating, see you a couple of days.
Yours in beaching,

soon2Bfab
03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Morning everyone!!!
I'm up...gotta clean and go to Curves (I didn't go yesterday!)
My new store manager called me last night...wants me to interview for a new position (she's so sure I'm going to get it that she has already found my replacement!) If I do it get I'll be working at a store across from the Palace (where the Pistons play!) Extra 10 mins or so on my driving...not too bad. My manager that I report to isn't thrilled.....he will have to train someone, and when you don't know anything..well it's hard to train someone! Plus I'll have a position that's higher than him (hee-hee!) Wish me luck!
Lots to do...sorry I didn't post individual replies....have a great OP day!!!

batmomm2000
03-14-2006, 10:32 AM
morning, morning!!

Today is dh's day off so I plan to have it be nice and peaceful (at least for me:p ). My older son just recevied his green belt in tae kwon do and he's having professional karate pics done today. They hung these poster sized pics of kids doing various karate moves and tehn said who wants one? Uh every child and man-child ever born...and then we get the price list:devil:

I need to run today. I have a 10k in 3 weeks-that's 6.2 miles and i've yet to go past 3 for various reasons-time, knee, back, sore muscles, etc I NEED to do it. So even though my legs are still burning for the lunges on Firday

hi to everyone-I'll try to get back later and be more personal...

dare2love81
03-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

It's going to take awhile for me to remember all the names on here, so pls be patient with me! Overall, it seems like today is going better than yesterday for most. It is for me as well - I hate Mondays! :carrot::carrot:

Went to the gym last night, first time back since last week Wednesday...I've had a nagging cold that has been wearing me down. It's still not gone, but I figured I should drag my butt in anyhow and atleast do some walking. Once I got there and stepped on the scale (gulp) I was ecstatic to see I was down another pound!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: So then I felt great and walked for a half hour and then did some weight training.

Today is supposed to be my last day on P1, but I think I will stick it out for the remainder of the week since this weekend I'm throwing James (boyfriend) a suprise 25th birthday party - and I want to eat pizza and cake. My fear is that one day of being off plan will make the 8lbs I've lost creep right back on. Can this really happen??? I plan to go back on P1 starting Monday, (trying to lose as much as possible before our waterpark vacation at the end of the month) so hopefully I can lose whatever I gain over the weekend. How much weight will I gain back?? :?:

Talk to everyone latah!

Nicole

Barb0522
03-14-2006, 12:12 PM
wildlifebio - I have to agree with batmomm that while the WW Wheat Thins are better than many crackers (and I AM really glad to see more manufacturers using more whole grains), these are not totally OP because of those sweeteners. Maybe Ruth can chime in but if it were me, I would gradually use them up and switch to a cracker that is healthier.

dare2love - I can't tell you how much you will gain. Everyone is different. But if you are going to cheat, then you should try to do it in as healthy a way as possible. Make sure the pizza is thin crust, ask for light on the cheese if you have a choice. Load it with vegetables and DEFINITELY stay away from sausage and pepperoni. Those are loaded with fat. Pick one slice and eat it slowly. If you are going to cheat at least make sure you are enjoying every bite. For the cake you should try to limit yourself to three bites - that is Dr. A's suggestion. If you aren't likely to do that then choose a very small piece. And before the party eat a healthy filling snack with some protein. Drink lots of water. Don't let this be a reason to drink things full of calories. Expect to gain just from the sodium in the pizza. And then go back OP.

Muffin02
03-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Hello,
I hope everyone is having a great morning. I got my workout done, showered and just had 2 soft boiled eggs with tea. I think I need to vary things up because I'm just starting to get sick of the egg thing. I haven't added bread back in so maybe I need to do that.

Weezle I'm sorry about all the damage sustained in your area. Very scary!

Hoosier You can do it, you just have a few more days!

Stephie Nice to meet you too....beautiful pic of you!

MsCrocket How are you feeling? Do you like spinach? I took fresh spinach, cut it up, sauteed it in olive oil and a small bit of butter...added in some light cream and topped it with some fresh grated parm cheese. I served it over whole wheat pasta. Would that be something new for you?

batmom Congrats to your son on his green belt!

scrappinRN Have fun at the water park!

Dare Down another pound, you're doing great!

soon Good luck on that interview!

Hi to everyone else!

beach bum
03-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Good Morning Ladiies

Another rainy day,but the sun is trying to come out.Its suppose to be in the 60's today,so there NO CHANCE OF SNOW.Dh is resting so its gives me time to post to you wonderful ladies.

I got my appetite back ,so I have to watch that I don't get back where I was before all this happened. I'm still in the 140's,and hoping to reach my goal,if I watch what I'm eating & drinking.

Got my doctors report on my cholestrol test. Not so good I'm back to a total of 240, compared to my 227 test last Aug. Have to work on this also.

Getting hungry,its time for lunch so I'm post back later

Hugs :) BB

Stephanie Osborne
03-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey Ladies,
Not much in store for me today...trying to pack in the hours for my at home job. I have a friend coming into town early next week then I am going out of town the latter part. I need to be super good this week and next...I am seeing some friends whom I have not seen in a while and I would love to look really good....

So let me tell you all something funny - batmomm you will probably think this is ridiculous lol. SO I have been so busy lately that I have been trying to follow my own advice and break my workout up...anyway I have a treadmill at home and I am sooooo not a runner...I have been running for 3 minutes 10 times a day...too funny huh? I wonder if this is any good for me?

2befit1 - Thanks for the compliment. That is one of those pictures... you know the ones where they dont show your problem areas lol. I am a pear shape so my butt hips and thighs tend to be my biggest troubles...

freaky - lol about the lake comment hun, I feel your pain.

kiko - glad to hear the new daycare was a success, thanks for the compliment, I'm a shorty haha

mamahulk - my husband is similar about the scale...if he weighs himself on a daily basis he self sabotages...gives himsefl too much freedom.

amelie77 - sounds like you are doing great, keep it up :)

hoosier - you should see if the doc can switch your bc to something that makes you feel less yucky...

ruth - you should get your pups those doggy booties, j/k those are too funny.

cbk - hey 1 lb a week is still something...dont get yourself down!

scatzi - thanks for the compliment hun, my husband took the pic. LOL about the spandex comment...

3darlingsmomma - I am the same as you. If I get hungry things go down hill from there...better to practice a little prevention and keep up on snacks so that my stomach allows my head to make the decisions...

scrappinRN - you just get used to it, just like in real life you get to learn a little bit about each person, especially those that waste away their day on here like me :)

soon - good luck girl, I am sure you will get it, you seem very dedicated and hard working to me.

batmomm - Have fun with DH! I cannot even fathom running a 10 k, my hat is off to you!

daretolove81 - congrats on the loss...and on making it back to the gym. I do not know if you will gain back on PH2 I think your loss just stalls a bit...

Barb - pick one slice and eat it slowly - why is this always sooooo hard to do?

muffin - sick of eggs? No way....how can you possibly be sick of eggs? j/k Thanks for the compliment, I like your avatar too daisies are my fave flowers.

batmomm2000
03-14-2006, 03:01 PM
LOL Stephie I can't fathom running a 10k either:dizzy: I made 3 again today but just can't seem to break that barrier...

and I don't see why running 3 min a day 10x wouldn't help, you're moving right? I say rock on!!:carrot:

ckb1432003
03-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Weezle - I finally found a picture of the chapel where I got married at the KU campus. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/mar/14/damage_ku_about_6m/ This link also shows lots of other pics from around here - and some in your area as well. It certainly could have been worse - but it's sad. They wrote: Historic Danforth Chapel, a popular venue for weddings, will remain closed until further notice, due to extensive roof damage. :(

MsCrockett
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Still achey,,,, head ache and back ache,,

we can have v8 juice right,? the vegetable soup we made I put that in it.. hope it is ok,, I found an alternative to the cracker delima,,, Rice,,,,,,,, works out pretty good..

thanks for the input yesterday guys.. You are all appreciated,, doing OP.. and working on pictures today, for the BIG MOVIE of the family.. Take Care All

Barb0522
03-14-2006, 05:29 PM
V8 is fine for all phases. I use it in my Wendy's chili recipe as well as Pacific seafood chowder.

MsCrockett
03-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Thank you Barbara.

weezle
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.sj-r.com/extras/galleries/viewgallerynopage.asp?gallery=130&Image=1

http://www.sj-r.com/extras/galleries/viewgallerynopage.asp?gallery=132&Image=1

http://www.sj-r.com/extras/galleries/viewgallerynopage.asp?gallery=131&Image=1

Click on the links one at a time, otherwise you'll never get them loaded. I'm still on the first link. The website is so high-traffic that the pics take forever to load but they're worth taking a look at. It might be easiest just to look at the thumbnails, if your eyes are good. That way you don't have to wait for each individual picture to load. You don't get to read the captions that way to find out what the pictures are/where they are, but you can at least see the damage. All the pictures are from Springfield.

Geekchicalways
03-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Bah, this week started out great for me but it fell a bit today. I will be re-starting phase I this weekend. Hah.. man, I need to stop the yo-yo starts. I am going to screw up my body more. At this rate, Phase I will need to last 8 weeks just to clear out all the crud I keep eating. I just can't get past the initial icky feeling. I need something to keep me on task.

Anyway, I hope everyone's week is going well! I am off for now:)

2BFIT1
03-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Lisa~~Those pics are incredible! I hope things get back to normal for Springfield soon. Take care.

cottagebythesea
03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Weezle ~ Those pictures gave me the cold chills, they are so heartwrenching. My heart goes out to all of you. Thank God you are OK. :hug:

RNMOM
03-14-2006, 09:07 PM
I really don't sleep in until this time of day, I just finally slow down about this time of day.

Almost done with school for the semester, and it can't happen fast enough. I did two online classes and have been able to go faster than the regular stuff.

Snow on my beach again, brrrrr. Fire in the fireplace:^:

Takes awhile to catch up on all the posts. Sorry weezle about all your hassles over there.

Hi everyone!