South Beach Diet - Monday March 13th

View Full Version : Monday March 13th

freaky
03-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Sorry Ladies,

I've been experiencing technical difficulties at home and haven't been able to get on line for more than a few minutes.

I will keep this post short because I might get kicked off any second.

HappY Monday everyone!!!

cottagebythesea
03-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Good Morning Freaky, we've all been wondering where you've been! I hope you get things straightened out fast!

It's a "pea soup" foggy morning here! It's supposed to be around 80* today, but cloudy with thunderstorms. Today is Audrey's 5th birthday, and we were hoping to have her party outside this afternoon, but it's doubtfull. There should be about 15 kids there, including my granddaughter, Amber, so chaos is bound to reign!

I'm adjusting my ticker to my new weight, the loss held overnight, so it's official, yahoo! See ya again after Curves.

mamahulk
03-13-2006, 06:45 AM
WElcome back Freaky- sorry about the pc problems, hope it gets fixed soon!
Cottage- Congrats on the weight loss.:bravo: :bravo: Good for you!
I need you will power, I truly messed up this weekend and the scale was evidence of that this am. I am hoping that is not my ture weight becuase I was 5 lbs less yesterday.
So can anyone tell me am I really up 5 lbs overnight? Or is my body adjusting or water retention. Well whatever it is I am going to do great today! Already have my meals and calories planned.
I am feeling better today and I exercised the first time in a week! :o But I am starting to breathe again so I am happy about that.
Ruth- hope you come back soon. I miss you!
Wezzle- how did your interveiw go?
HAve to run, have a great OP day everyone!

Kiko
03-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Good morning!

Back to the world of the working, so this will be quick! I have enjoyed being around more on the boards this past week.

Beach I am so sorry to hear about your DH. Continues thoughts and prayers are headed your way!!

Cottage Yeah!! WTG on pushing through a stall and seeing great progress. :carrot:

Freaky We were worried about you! Glad to see you back!

Mama Water, water, water.........

My daughter's baptism was very sweet yesterday- she was a gem and charmed everyone. :angel: Today is her first day at a new daycare. Please send up a prayer for her that it is a better, more positive environment than were she has been. I need peace when I take her in the mornings. I was very impressed with the couple when I interviewed them and have several good references, so I am hoping this is a good placement for her.

Toodles!!

Schatzi
03-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Morning Chicklets!

BB: :hug: to you and DH.. We'll be pulling for you both.

Freaky: Welcome back hon! You were missed!

Morning Chores are done and I'm off to Curves! I'll pop back in later.

Ruthxxx
03-13-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm back from my mini-vacance and seem to have picked up 5 pounds! I did have a ball, however, and am sure I burned off at least two pounds from laughing. I'm pretty sure I avoided trans-fats and Franlenfoods but that's all I avoided! :lol: My ticker is lying this morning for sure.

My neighbour, Liz, needs a drive to work shortly so I'm outta here. I certainly owe her because her man, Moel, checked the house when I was away and discovered the roof was leaking! And he FIXED it! Great neighbours!

Back later.

Debbie0522
03-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Freaky: Glad you are back!

Ruth: Wonderful to have such great neighbors. Glad you got to laugh so much and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Cottage: Congrats on the Loss! That is GREAT! Today is my son's 12 b-day!

Schatzi: Good Morning!

Mama: I ate so bad this Friday and Saturday. Saturday night I was out of control and I hated it. It felt so good to be back on plan Sunday. I was hungry Sunday night tho. Lets drink LOTS of water today!!!

Kiko: I bet that was really special (baptism).

Wheezle: I heard that Springfield lost electricity. I hope you are okay and if yours is gone that you get it back soon!!! The storms are headed my way now!

Today we are expecting storms and winds. My good friend wants to get together and let the kids just play and do whatever while we scrapbook! I knew there was a reason I did all the laundry on Saturday!
I usually work on Monday evenings but took it off for my sons b-day. Putting a roast in the crock pot so that is easy and I can enjoy the day!
HOpe you all have a great one!

SarahinBalance
03-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Morning ladies - I had such a great time camping this weekend and feel sad that it's back to the daily grind again.. Have a training session in 20 mins and then actually going to help a friend move this morning. One of my closest girlies who's been married for less than a year, moving out while her husband is at work. She has been living in such a volatile situation, luckily it hasn't gotten physically abusive.

Anyways I REALLY need to get my weekend eating under control so that I am still losing not just maintaining. Just need to remember "the weekends are not a vacation from SB." Seems like there is always a "good" excuse to cheat!

Debbie - Enjoy your Monday evening off! I think I'd go crazy if I had to work Monday evenings. Monday evenings are for relaxing and congratulating yourself on going back to work if you ask me!

Ruth - Glad you had a great time on your mini-vac. I had a great mini-vac in the woods myself!

Schatzi - Good morning!

Kiko - I bet that was a sweet ceremony! Will definitely say a prayer that the new daycare is a nurturing, loving environment!

Mamahulk - I bet you will see the weight drop in the next couple of days due to water weight and elimination.

Cottage - Congrats on the loss! Could you blow some willpower dust my way?

And last but certainly not least Freaky - Welcome back! I think I'd be going insane if I didn't have a reliable internet connection!

SunLit
03-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Good morning all!

Freaky -- sorry to hear about your 'puter issues.

Sarah -- I wish it was camping weather around here ... I love tromping around in the woods. Hopefully, I'll get to go sometime this summer.

Cottage -- like the new avatar! Pretty!

mamahulk -- I'll send some will power your way. Great that you've planned your meals. I'm not even sure I have any food in my apartment after being away all weekend.

Ruth -- my parents have neighbors that are more likely to POKE holes IN our roof, so yours do sound great!

Kiko, debbie, and Schatzi -- Hey there!

Et, pour moi, last week's weight loss of 2 pounds did indeed hold up and I lost another two pounds for this morning's weigh-in. Yay. I have been subjected to even more criticism due to my baggy clothes, though, from my younger sister. Unfortunately, I have always had the habit of buying pants and shirts that are too big anyway. So, now everything looks ridiculous, because I'm wearing stuff that's about 4 sizes too big. I'm seriously just going to have to buy some less tailored outfits, despite my distaste for elastic waistbands. Oh, well, it could certainly be worse, so I'm not complaining!

cottagebythesea
03-13-2006, 09:17 AM
MamaH. ~ I'm willing to bet that right now it's just water retention, check your weight again tomorrow and it should be more accurate. ;) Glad you're feeling better.

Kiko ~ I'm glad it went well yesterday. I'll be thinking of your little one today in her new daycare, and hope it works out perfectly for you. :crossed: I can relate to your concern, just keep your eyes and ears open and listen to your "mother's intuition". :hug:

Ruth ~ Welcome back! I'm so glad you had a great time, it was well-deserved! We sure did miss you, though! :grouphug:

Schatzi ~ So you've jumped onto the Curves wagon, too! Hurray! :carrot:

Debbie ~ Stay safe through those awful storms your part of the country is having! Looks like we'll both be trying to avoid cake and ice cream today! :hb: Enjoy your day with the kids!

Sarahslacker ~ I hope everything turns out ok for your friend. :(

The sun is shining now, so I'm going to try to work in the yard a bit. I still haven't pruned back my Butterfly bushes and the rose bushes, so that's what's on my agenda for this morning.

JanaM
03-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Mornin' all. Freaky, glad to have you back. I hear you about the technical difficulties. I tried to log in from home this morning, but my internet connection wasn't working. Soooo, I'm doing this from work. Shhhhhh.

Sorry I can't reply to everyone, since I have to make this quick - the internet police are watching :) But, had to check in with Weezle. Did you make it through the storms okay? Sounds like your area got pounded this weekend like KC did. I didn't have any damage around my house, but there were LOTS of tornados yesterday afternoon and evening.

Everyone else, have a great day. Hope to check in when I get home from work.

Kelly J
03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Morning Chicks - it's a dreary Monday here which pretty much fits my mood today. Hoping I snap out of it soon....I hate feeling so grumpy.
Not a lot of time to post to everyone but Beach I am so sorry about DH. You both are in my thoughts. And Kiko - I hope your DD does well at daycare today. I know how heart-wrenching those Mommy decisions are.

soon2Bfab
03-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Morning everyone.....lots of rain here! I was woke up a couple of times last night....the big storm made my older cat, Thunder a little nervous & he needed to be under the covers with his parents.
Cottage - not going to Curves this morning, sorry no stories to tell!
I'm feeling a littly yucky so I hope going back to bed for a few will help - I go to work at 4.
Have a safe, OP day!

3darlingsmomma
03-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone! I've only been to work for about an hour because school started late due to fog. It was nice because I got to sleep in!

I had my first horrible day OP yesterday. I don't know what was wrong with me, I was feeling down and I turned to food. My stomach felt terrible this morning so I'm glad to be back OP today. I did manage to walk this weekend, the weather was wonderful. I'm trying to get back into walking 5 days a week again.

Kiko - Hope your daycare situation works out, there's nothing more important.

Well, I need to get some work done. I'll check back later.

Tyra

beach bum
03-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Thanks:thanks: so much, Ladies for all the support and kindness for us.

My DH is feeling great today.We're going out to buy him a lounge chair so he can relax and nap while he down stairs.Instead of going upstairs all the time to bed.

Ate too many bread carbs yesterday. Going to cut those down today.Changed my dinner menu for yesterday,Silly me, saw an advertizement for Taco Bell and I just had to have one of those 2 wrapped burritos. So I made my own verison.[peppers,onions ground turkey with taco seasonings put in a cut WW pita than wrappped in a WW taco shell]YUMMM!!!

Today I'm going to take care, of my sloppy eating habits.

Exercising on the bike:ebike: is going to be put on hold [as we are going to put the lounge chair there in its place]

Can use my exercising tape though,going to walk for 45 min.and than bring my step out and use that for a while.

Kiko-Thanks:thanks: for your prayers & support,we will stay strong to fight this horrible disease. Sending prayers back to you,that your day care is better for your wee one.It must be hard to leave her behind,while your working or at school.

Thanks:thanks: Schatzi and Kelly I really appriciate all you wonderful ladies on this thread. & board.

Have to go will post later

Hugs :) BB

Muffin02
03-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Good morning all,
I had a very good eating weekend inspite of sitting next to my 11 year old munching on Fritos while we watched movies last night....ACK! Yesterday started my 3rd week on SB (I started on P2 but pretty close to P1 most of the time). Call me crazy but I didn't weigh or measure myself when I started. I wish I did now but I feel great.

Sunlit Congrats on your #loss! I too tend to buy big...my fav jeans hang on me so much by dh says he wants to see my a$$!!

Glad you had a great time camping Sarah!

Debbie Happy Bday to your son and enjoy your scrapping!

Kiko Prayers for your dd's first day at her new daycare going up. It's important that you have peace while she's there.

MamaH I agree with the others that said drink lots of water. I'm sure you'll get back down in no time. Our bodies sure can be freaky!

Hi Freaky, sorry about your computer problems.

I have an Amber too Cottage...my DD.

Well, have a great day everyone....I'm off to workout.

3darlingsmomma
03-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Beach - I just went and read the weekend's thread and I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your husband's diagnosis. They have so many new chemo drugs out there now combined with radiation, things have a chance of really shrinking, even going away. My mom lived for many years with cancer and they keep finding advancements in treatments all the time.

Take care!

Tyra

Muffin02
03-13-2006, 10:26 AM
beach bum, I also just read about your DH and I'm so sorry to hear of his diagnosis. I pray for his complete healing.

ckb1432003
03-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Good morning ladies!

Cottage - Enjoy the party. :cp: on the weight loss!
MamaHulk and 3darlingsmomma - :dust:
Kiko - Prayers for your daughter. I'll be sending good daycare vibes your way.
Debbie - Your day sounds wonderful. Enjoy!
Sarah - Glad you had a great weekend. :hug: s for your friend!
Sunlit - :bravo: on the weightloss!! Take yourself shopping and enjoy!
Jana - Glad you escaped without any damage. We didn't have any damage either - but I heard that the Danforth Chapel (where I married DH) was nearly destroyed. I'm desperately seeking pictures.

I had a great OP weekend. The races were awesome. The weather couldn't have been any better. DH was a sweety. DD had a great time at Grandmas! I made a chicken wrap with a WW tortilla - every else was eating brats - but kept asking what I was having. They were jealous of my diet food! :fr: I made wine spritzers and they were wonderful - just a little dab of the wine in the Diet 7up was wonderful! Thanks for the great ideas chickies. I'm down one more lb this week - did I mention I LOVE SB? :cb: Now today it's cold and dreary! It's back to work.

:dance: Have a great day chickies!

scrappinRN
03-13-2006, 10:34 AM
... but everyone seems so friendly and supportive. I am not able to address everyone yet( but hope to soon). Today is my first day OP, and I need to do this becuase of the vanity factor but also my BP is up to 148/89 and I am only 35. My family history of heart disease is scary:eek: , and I refuse to be the next in line. I'm going to need to work hard and I need to do this for me and my family. Look forward to posting with all of you.
Yours in beaching,:carrot:

Yesican2006
03-13-2006, 10:47 AM
good morning everyone!
Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to focus this week!
I am so in need of some positive re-enforcement this week! ARRGGHH! Sat and Sun were not good eating days for me, so back on I go today!
I just hate how I feel after I do that! WHY do we do that to ourselves?

Well, I don't have time for personals, but I hear that there is a tornado watch going on over in ARKANSAS so if there are any of you over there, be careful, stay safe!

Need to run, LAUNDRY beckons! TTFN, RED

WELCOME, Shannon:wel3fc:

MsCrockett
03-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Not much to report, The sick thing and sleep is about all I did over the weekend. Yesterday though it seemed I couldnt get enough to eat, Stayed OP just ate ALOT of OP food,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that is not good ,, right?

crk05
03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Morning ladies!

It's a beautiful morning here in FL :sunny: and it's spring break, so the campus is deserted! I was actually able to get a good parking spot for once. I had a bit of a crummy weekend, foodwise, (:jeno: pizza is the DEVIL! :devil: Argggh :rolleyes:) and I'm up two pounds :eek: to show for it...but I will recover in no time! I did have a chance to go to the dog beach :beach: on Sunday morning and visit with some friends I hadn't seen in a while.

Beachbum ~ I am so sorry to hear about your DH's diagnosis :hug: You both will be in my prayers.

Cottage ~ Happy birthday to Audrey! :hb: I'm sure she will have a fun party, good weather or not. :

Ruth ~ I'm glad that you had fun on your mini-vacay!

Kiko ~ I'm glad your daughter's baptism was a positive experience. I love seeing baptisms - so inspiring and they always renew my own faith. I'll say a prayer that her new daycare is better for her.

Debbie ~ Enjoy your scrapbooking! I love to do that but have been pitifully short of time lately.

Sarahslacker ~ Glad that you had fun camping. I know what you mean about weekends - I always seem to find a million excuses to eat off program Friday through Sunday.

SunLit ~ Congrats on the losses! :cheer:

3darlingsmomma ~ I am always amazed at how icky :fr: I feel when I eat off program. Good luck to you - I'm sure you'll get on track with the food and walking in no time!

Muffin ~ Good job avoiding the Fritos! :cp: I would have been So tempted. And if it had been Cheetos, oh boy...I would have eaten the whole bag!!

ckb ~ I love it when people are jealous of my diet food! It's kind of funny (good) that I crave healthy stuff rather than the Burger King/Wendy's/Taco Bell I would always eat on the run. I am glad you're loving South Beach! Oh - and I just have to say, you have the BEST avatar. DH and I are huge W&G fans!

ScrappinRN ~ Best of luck to you! This is a supportive group of people, so you're in good company!

Freaky, mamahulk, Schatzi, JanaM, KellyJ, Soon2BeFab, YesICan, MrsCrockett ~ Hi! :wave: I hope you all have a great day!

Schatzi
03-13-2006, 11:17 AM
For all you Nawthin Chicks or wherever it is still cold and dreary: skip the next line:

It has been heavenly in Nerth Caroliner fer the last week. :sunny: . between 65 and 85 blue skies, light breeze. I am on :cloud9: All my outdoors pruning and fertilizing and grass planting are done.. now I just haveta wait till it gets to be consistently over 60 at night to plant my flowers :flow1: sigh..just loverly!

"Curvey" Chicks: YES!!! I am now one of you. They measured my fat%.. :yikes: :faint: Let's just say I'm amazed that I am erect and have identifiable body parts. - I am a Human JELLY FISH! :fr: I am more determined then ever to take back control with South Beach,:beach: Calorie Counting --logging all my food and activity in Fitday, :write: Positive thinking :dancer: :yoga: and EXERCISE!!!!:lifter: Oh, and Soon, it is sooo much fun to people watch :mag: : :lol: and already know what my nickname will be :chin: either The "Sweater" or "Drippy" . I've always been a heavy sweater --even when in shape.. FLUSH face and just
DARIPPPPPING ! I know UGH, but what can ya do :shrug:

Sorry gals, no time to respond to all of you! But I send you :dust: and :hugs: for a GREAT DAY!!!!!
I'm off to the grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::moped:

weezle
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone. Just want to let you all know that I'm ok. We had minimal damage, and so far, those we love are alive and well, even if they have damage. Springfield got rocked last night. A ton of businesses were destroyed by a tornado, homes were destroyed.... people on the radio are comparing it to Hurricane Katrina. Apparently we haven't had a storm like that in 50 years.

Debbie, we did lose power. Fortunately, where we live, we got turned on right away, so we were out from 8pm-2:20am. My parents didn't get turned back on until 5:30am. As of 8am, the west end of Springfield (which took the hardest hit) still did not have power. Let us know that you're ok. I just spoke with Abdul and he hadn't even heard anything about the damage here and said he's fine in Indy. The place Abdul took me to lunch in Springfield on Saturday was one of the many that got the roof ripped off.

The mayor doesn't want people going anywhere today if they don't have to. After the first wave of storms went through, I called my boss last night to see if we'd have school. He called at 5:30 to let me know that we're not having it and not even to bother coming in. I guess parts of the west end of town are unrecognizable. There's a lot of devastation.

I laid awake listening to the radio last night until about 12:30 when I finally decided to close my eyes.... an hour and a half later, the 2nd wave came through. I grabbed Terry and hauled him into the bathtub again. Shortly after that, we regained power, and the 2nd wave was over so we went to the TV. The 3rd wave just barely clipped the southern tip of town so once I saw it go by on the radar, I went to bed about 4am. Then my boss called at 5:30. Then Terry got up at 7. Then his mom called at 8. Then my mom called at 9. I'm up! I'm up already!

Just a very tiring and nerve-wracking night. Miraculously the reports say we only have 19 people with minor injuries and 1 person still missing. With all the damage we took, it truly was God keeping an eye on his children. Hope everyone else in the path of these storms is taking cover and ok. Talk to you all soon.

Lisa

3darlingsmomma
03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Weezle - Glad to hear you're ok! Take care!

Tyra

Barb0522
03-13-2006, 11:56 AM
There is no way I have time to reply to everyone before my meeting so let see if I have time to do a few.

kiko - Good luck with the new daycare! It is such an important decision. Sounds like the baptism was beautiful. Brian is finally getting baptised at the Easter Vigil (along with his First Communion and Confirmation) and I am so looking forward to it.

Sunlit - You might check out garage sales when you are in those in between sizes. I hated to spend too much money but eventually you do have to get smaller clothes (I went from a 20 to an 8/10) and garage sales help quite a bit.

beach bum - I'm praying for your DH.

weezle - Glad to hear you are okay.

Me - We had beautiful weather but a cold front has gone through and today is chillier. Hopefully they will be able to get the fires in the Texas panhandle under control. Over a half million acres burned yesterday. Kiko and I are far from it but I could smell the smoke this morning. I had a great weekend. I spent time on Saturday checking out supplies to Scout camp and planning for what we will teach. Brian and his DH were at a Train show in Ft. Worth this weekend with their train club. I guess one day of running the trains was enough for Brian though since he stayed home with me yesterday so he could volunteer at the animal shelter.

I stayed OP this weekend but still didn't do as well as I should. I'm up a bit this morning but then again, TOM is here so that could have something to do with it. At least I kept my water up. :)

dare2love81
03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Morning Everyone,

I joined the forum last week Wednesday (I believe), so I will try to post daily from now on.

I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered that I've dropped another 2 pounds! :carrot: Yay!! Only 29 more to go to reach my goal weight. So despite the dreary, foggy weather outside, and trying to get rid of this nasty cold, the scale gave me a nice jump start to the day!

I must say, I love this diet - I'm never hungry and I'm seeing results. What a great feeling!

Okay, I'm sure the internet police are patroling, so I'm going to get back to work.

2BFIT1
03-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Just a quick post~~

BB~sent you a PM . My prayers are with you and your DH :hug:

Ruth~~Glad you were able to let loose last weekend.

Lisa~~So happy to hear that you and your family are safe. :carrot:

:welcome: to Dare2love and ScrappingRN.

Schatz~ "All my outdoors pruning and fertilizing and grass planting are done.. now I just haveta wait till it gets to be consistently over 60 at night to plant my flowers sigh..just loverly! "
I'll bet you couldn't have done that in Joysee!!:D

To all the beach chicks :beach: ~~ :wave: have a great day.

usmchoney
03-13-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm back. My internet has been down for almost a week, and Sprint has finally gotten around to fixing it. I've been eating well, not exercising enough and consequently not losing any weight. My husband and I have decided to start exercising together after he gets home from work. I'm hoping that'll start to form a healthy habit and that I can keep it up after he deploys. Well, I'm off to the grocery store. Have a great day!

crk05
03-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Weezle, I'm glad to hear that you're OK!!

MsCrockett
03-13-2006, 01:20 PM
CANT FIND A THREAD FOR THIS?

ZESTA SALTINE CRACKERS WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT?

Ingredients

Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate,{vitamin B1} riboflavin,{vitamin B2} folic acid), partially hydrogentated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, whole wheat flour, corn syrup, salt, leavening (baking soda yeast), wheat germ, caramel color, soy lecithin.

5 crackers,
60 calories from Fat 15
1.5 total fat
0.5 trans fat
0.5 saturated fat
0.5 Monounsaturated Fat
230 mg Sodium
carb total 11g
Dietary fiber less that 1g
Sugars less than 1g
protein 1g
Iron 2%

I am on Phase 2, and need something to put in Vegetable soup ..... some kind of cracker or something.... want to make sure, so I dont sabatoge.....

weezle
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, since I last posted, it's been a very emotional morning. Still no news of anyone I know being hurt, but after watching the news, the devastation is far worse than I had imagined. The place I had lunch with my friend Abdul last Saturday has always traditionally been a place where Molly and I spend St. Pattie's Day because it's Springfield's original Irish Pub. I knew the roof had been torn off, but they showed the inside of it on tv and it's completely destroyed. We were going to meet there at 1:45 on Friday.

They've shown homes and businesses that look like piles of lumber and insulation. Over 15,000 people are still without power, which means they've been without power for over 16 hours. There's going to be a curfew tonight. It's just really scary. I've tried to get online to see pictures of damage, but besides cnn and msnbc, the only other place I can think to look is our local newspaper, www.sj-r.com. It's so bombarded by people trying to get on that it's taking forever to load and I don't think I'm going to see much on there today.

They're now saying that this is the worst storm in Springfield's history. Apparently we don't typically get hit with tornados in the city because we have so much asphalt and everything that keeps the heat in, which puts up a sort of "force field" and protects the city, sending tornados around it. Unfortunately, it's so early in the year that we haven't had enough warmth for it to make a difference, so the tornado just plowed right through. It's still really dangerous out because we are under a Wind Advisory, with gusts up to 50mph.

I guess we can only thank God that there have been no reports of anyone being killed in Springfield, and that injuries were minimal. It really is heart-breaking to see all the damage, and I know that the short clips they showed on the news weren't anything near what it's got to be like out there.

My dad is a meteorologist. He and mom got back from the Bahamas at 7pm last night. He dropped her off at home and went straight to the station for the weather. (He was wearing a hawaiian shirt with a suit coat over it, no makeup, hair not done, with laryngitis. Nice.) He didn't get home until 5 this morning, slept for two hours, and now is out shooting video. He hasn't eaten anything since Atlanta yesterday.

I just hope you all keep your thoughts and prayers with the people of Springfield and surrounding areas. There are a lot of people without homes and jobs now, and a lot of people who are going to have a hard time rebuilding their businesses. It's going to be tough here for awhile.

Lisa

Ruthxxx
03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
These are definitely not South Beach - wrong kinds of fats, low fiber and wheat flour. Why on earth would they reduce the niacin?
Try triscuits instead! Or toast whole wheat pita or tortill triangles. You could also make whole wheat croutons. I sometimes put sesame ryvita or ryecrisp in soup too. There are lots of whole wheat options.

Ruthxxx
03-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Oh my! Just read Weezle's post and am horrified! I hope everyone in that area can be safe.

SunLit
03-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Barb. I did spend a little time checking out eBay, the Internet's ongoing 24/7 garage sale (in fact, I might try and sell a few of my nicest big things on there).

Muffin02
03-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I got my workout in....Tae Bo's Cardio Bootcamp and Ab Bootcamp. Love it! Then I made some tuna with a little bit of mayo, cut up some tomato, plopped it on a large romaine leaf, sprinkled a few sunflower seeds on and rolled it up. It was yummy. I ate the whole can of tuna though, hope that's ok!

Schatzi, you cracked me up with your "Nawthin chicks"! I'm one of those and very jealous of those of you who are having the nice weather! We did have a couple mild days but it was just a tease.

Shannon, how's your first day going?

Dare Congrats on the 2# loss!

Barb0522
03-13-2006, 01:49 PM
MsCrockett - I bought a new cracker this weekend - Whole Wheat Matzos
http://www.manischewitz.com/products/matzo/matzo.php I don't have the ingredient list with me at work but I'm sure they were acceptable (although pretty bland). Wasa also makes an acceptable cracker but you have to get the right one since some of their's are not okay. And Ruth gave some great suggestions.

dare2love81
03-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Weezle - glad to hear that you are okay!! I'm up in Racine, Wisconsin and we only caught a little bit of what you went through. Lots of thunder and lightening - but no severe threats. And the way the storms were sounding, I think we should've been under some warnings - so I can only imagine how awful that had to be for you.

Quite a few years ago, when I was around 10 (so 15 years ago now) we had a tornado literally chase us out of Wautoma, WI. Now that was pretty scary. It was huge, and was clearing everything in its path. F4 maybe? I just remember we had to pack up all our camp stuff in a big hurry and my dad sped out of town. Weather really is frightening, and it's times like these when we remember how powerful it can be - and how we have no power to control it.

Glad to hear you are okay and safe! My thoughts are with you and your community as everyone picks up the pieces to start fresh.

Nicole

Yesican2006
03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Dang Weezle! Glad you are doing ok!! I am sure glad I live where we VERY RARELY see those buggers!

batmomm2000
03-13-2006, 02:13 PM
glad you're safe and well Weezle!! Lots of well wishes to you and your neighbors for a smooth rebulding period

wildlifebio
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi Weezle. Just wanted to say that you and your area are in my thoughts and prayers. I am in NW Arkansas and we had a tornado last night about 5 miles from my house - too close for comfort. Not fun at all - I feel your pain.

weezle
03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Well, Terry and I were very lucky. There are reports of a touch down less than a mile from our house but it must've been a touch-n-go because our end of town has minimal damage. I spoke with my dad and he just sounded like he could cry after seeing all the damage out there. The mayor was right in saying that every square inch of Springfield has been affected. Incidentally, it's the mayor's brother's Irish pub that got demolished. Terry's out making sure his restaurant is still standing and then going to try to get home, but traffic has been horrendous, they've said.

Thanks for your well-wishes and prayers everyone. I'm still trying to get ahold of my friends who are getting married in less than 2 weeks. Otherwise, we're all accounted for. I'll keep everyone posted.

Lisa

Stephanie Osborne
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey chickies,

Quick half reply right now as I am busy busy busy...

kiko - your daughter will be in my thoughts today. I enjoyed having you around the board more this week as well :)

Schatzi - how are you liking curves?

Ruth - welcome back

debbie - i would love to start scrapbooking. I am a photographer so that lends itself to being a picture junkie...

sarah - it sounds like you are such a great friend to those friends you have that are in need. I hear you about the weekend...

sunlit - congrats on your loss hun!

cottage - your new avatar is beautiful! Have fun outside...

3darlingsmomma - dont beat yourself up about it, those days happen to all of us. Just remember you are not OP you just had a bad day, go back to being good and use the thought of that day as motivation .

Beach - I am glad your DH is feeling better. You are so creative to make your own taco bell :)

muffin - I dont think we have met yet, nice to meet you.

ckb - what dedication...sounds like you have a handle on the sb way of life!

scrappinRN - nice to meet you :) I think you will really like it here.

yesican - also nice to meet you :)

MsCrockett - I fell into that trap, are you eating because you ae hungry or because you are now bored with the OP food you are choosing...

crk - I am so jealous....florida huh? I am so coming to visit

weezle - Glad to hear you are ok.

Ok will post to everyone else later gots to go!

MsCrockett
03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I think I am BORED Stephie,,

I cant go shopping for another week, so I have to make this week work for me,, I like the P1 dinners better than the P2 .. so I am working on a way to add rice, ww pasta and things to some of the P1 recipes I have,,,,, THIS IS CERTAINLY GOING TO BE A LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG WEEK......... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO RIGHT NOW..

ckb1432003
03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Weezle - I'm thinking about you. I've been looking at the pictures of KS, MO and IL.... It's just awful.

Ruth - What about WW Wheat Thins? I hope I haven't been messing up by eating those - they are soooo good!

RNMOM
03-13-2006, 04:17 PM
There are soooo many posts! No way can I reply! Just wanted to say hi to everyone! Changed my ticker in the left direction...YA!

Today my beach towel is in the snow! I WANT SPRING!!!!!!:(

pinkeagle
03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
MIA. Friends from Seattle left last week and then I had to jump back on the beach--been losing the same 2.5 lbs this past week. But, as of this a.m. back to my March low (173). Sorry to read about health issues on board and also the terrible weather. Wish everyone well.

I am getting a little bored with food selections, off the the recipe section for some inspiration.

Barb0522
03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
ckb - I am pretty sure the WW Thins have something that isn't allowed. Can you post the ingredients? I know I have looked at them on the shelf and put them back but that has been awhile.

ckb1432003
03-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Barb - I will have to look at home tonight and get the ingredients. I've been looking for them everywhere online and for some reason their ingredients are never listed! EEEK!

Barb0522
03-13-2006, 04:56 PM
ckb - Are these the ones you buy? http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=product&m=product/Product_display&Site=1&Product=4400004802

I think it was the enriched flour as a second ingredient as well as the sugar, high fructose corn syrup and molasses. Mainly the enriched flour.

Ingredients: WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT FLOUR, ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), BARLEY FLAKES, SOYBEAN OIL, SUGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, RYE, TRITICALE (A GRAIN), MILLET, MOLASSES, SALT, WHOLE WHEAT, LEAVENING (CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, BAKING SODA), EMULSIFIERS (DISTILLED MONOGLYCERIDES, SOY LECITHIN), ROLLED OATS, ONION POWDER, CORNSTARCH.

These are the only Kraft crackers listed on their web side as approved for phase 2
Snacks

Triscuit Reduced Fat Crackers
Triscuit Thin Crisps Crackers
South Beach Diet Whole Wheat Crackers

The list is here: http://www.kraftfoods.com/South_Beach_Diet/

ckb1432003
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Those are not the ones I got. The ones I got are the new 100% whole wheat crackers. http://www.nabiscoworld.com/wholegrains/ Here is a picture of them - but I can't find their nutritional info online.

amelie77
03-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey weezle- I actually live in Urbana, just an hour and a half from you. Heard about Springfield on the radio this morning. I actually thought of you when I heard it, because I have seen your post on here, and noticed you live in Springfield. Glad to hear all is okay with your family. We actually missed the worst of it here, but my parents live in the middle of Missouri and the tornados ripped right through their town, killed 4 down the street from them, and scared the crap out of everyone. I hate this kind of weather.

2BFIT1
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh my gosh, Stephanie!!!!! You are so tiny!! I think you now match your old "butt" avitar.

JanaM
03-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Home from work and catching up.

Weezle - Glad to hear that you and your family are okay. Hope you catch up with your friends soon.

Cottage, Sun & CKB - Congrats on the weight loss! :goodscale

Ruth & Sarah - Glad you had great getaway weekends. I need to squirrel away some $ so that I can do that myself sometime soon.

Debbie - Enjoy your son's birthday! :hb:

Soon & MsCrockett - Hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes

Muffin - Great job on the :dust:

CKB - I haven't seen any pics of the KU campus yet. Just heard that about 60% of the campus had some damage and that they cancelled classes today.

YesICan - I need some will power dust myself. Maybe Muffin can send some our way! :rofl:

ScrappinRN & Dare2Love - Welcome to the beach! :beach: This is a really fun board to post on and these ladies have LOTS of great advice. Also, welcome back to USMCHoney & PinkEagle - glad to have you back!

Schatzi - Another Curve-y babe! Join us, join us. :spin: I haven't passed the jellyfish stage either :lol3: - man, that's incentive, ain't it? I haven't gotten my outside chores done yet, but the flowers are coming up (my new avatar is the crocus popping up by the front steps).

Hope that caught just about everyone. After dinner, I'm going to curl up on the couch and settle in to watch '24'. Everybody have a great evening!

mamahulk
03-13-2006, 08:23 PM
First of all I want to thank all of you for your support. I was bummed about the scale and you all cheered me up. Thank you. Next I realized with so much going on in this world to be thankful for everything and not to complain about little things.
Wezzle- so glad you are ok- You and everyone in the area is in my prayers.

BB- sorry about your husband but will be praying and God is bigger then any illness!
I love all of you guys here. So thankful for this site> God Bless.
Kelley (mamahulk)

weezle
03-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Amelie, I didn't realize you were so close by. I-L-L!!!!

We got nailed pretty hard. Most of my co-workers still don't have power yet. Terry and I were just discussing that this is the one time in our lives that we're happy to be poor because it's the ritzy part of town that's still without power and got hit hardest by the tornado. They've called off school tomorrow where I work due to everyone still being without power. The rumor is that it could be 6+ days before they get power back, but you know how rumors go. I heard from two totally different people last night that one of the smoke stacks at the power plant was destroyed, but the power plant is fine.

I just keep hearing how awful the damage is. I didn't leave the house today to try and stay out of the way of clean up. These things are really scary.

Well, even though school got called off, I'm going in for awhile tomorrow to try to get things caught up and started for the week. I took a nap today but I'm still pretty tired. This whole thing has been exhausting.

Thanks again to everyone for the well-wishes and prayers. It's going to be a long time before Springfield gets back to normal. I'm going to try to go to bed at a decent hour tonight and hopefully the phone's done ringing. We have a land-line and 2 cell phones and we've both just been ringing like crazy today. You all take care, and have a good night.

Lisa

Debbie0522
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Wheezle, just missed you so I will save for tomorrow, looks like. Glad to hear you are okay. wow.