Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 AM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default Bad week

I've had a bad week, something about my mom being here early in the week messed me up a little and then I was out with some people on Thursday morning, and they drove to a spot for a break, which of course had nothing I could eat that was low carb... I could have gone without any breakfast, but I didn't.

This weekend I just went off. Couldn't keep myself motivated at all. I made chicken soup and without bread to go with it, it just didn't seem like enough of a meal. So I messed up.

Tomorrow I want to get back on plan and stay there for at least a month or more. I really want to do well this year, but for some reason I'm not doing well. Not sure why I self sabotage like this unless it is that protein foods just get boring after awhile.

I need to look at my goals and see how far I am from where I'm trying to be by this point. I think I'm up about 10 pounds from where I need to be to be on track for my July goal. I want to be in Onederland by July 7th. I need badly to recommit myself to that aim. Feel like I'm slipping and it is worrying me.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:11 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sherry do my favorite motivational tools

1 when hungry and think of going off plan (bread with the soup) wait 30 min and drink a glass of water and then see if it is still a hungry feeling, with it. Did I say drink a glass of water????

Did you know that thirst first manifests itself as hunger?? so drink drink drink.

2. go to the store and lift a bag of 10 lbs of flour carry it down the isle and all over the store and see if that is enough or even a 20lbs better yet go to the salk rock isle and haul a 40 lbs bag of slt up on your shoulder and carry that through the store good gosh what a heavy thing to be carring. it really wakes you up to what you are and how much weight you are carrying over and how really heavy it is!! your poor legs no wonder they are so strong and tired, would you just love to be able to run with the kids???

3. Ok if that did not work haul your but over to the butter isle and grab 11 lbs of butter out of the rack and stick in in the fron seat of your cart. now that is a lot of butter!!! greasy smeary just sit there fat. does nothing but tastes good on your veggies. and looks bad on your butt.

OK now you have your homework!! get moving!!

Shake it off girl, I know you can do it, baby step at a time, one day first, one day at a time!! we are here to help you and grab you back from the depths of carb ****!! hang on tight!!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #3  

That is great advice about carrying around the 20 or 40 lb bag of stuff. Makes you think twice about putting something in your mouth.

But I think we've all been there done that, so just keep your head high and you'll do fine.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:32 AM   #4  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Sherry my week was pretty bad last week too. I am making this a fresh new week and I am going to do this. I took measurements this morning and I am not going to weigh myself for 2 weeks. I would rather see a large amount of weight gone than just a pound a day. We can do this girl. i know that we can.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Bravo on getting back on track right away! It'd be so easy to get sidetracked!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #6  

I know how easy it is to get off-track. It's great advice about carrying around a 10 or 20 pound bag of something to remind you how far you've come & how badly you don't want to go back there!

Best wishes getting back on track! YOU CAN DO IT!
PJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #7  
Going to ONEderland

thanks for the support guys. Today is a new week. I'm back to being good. I guess I just hate disruptions in my routine. It makes it too easy to deviate from what my goals are. Funny thing was, I was doing well on the diet until the day before my mom left. She took me out to eat, and of course the waitress brought bread to the table. Then my mom ordered for us both and I wound up with bread on my plate with my "lamb burger". Even then I didn't eat much of it, but that minor deviation triggered more later in the week.

I hate the all or nothing concepts. It just seems like with this diet, not being "perfect" makes it too easy to not do it right next time too.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #8  
Susan hockeyfan7

Sherry, next time you get bread in a restaurant, pick it up to break it in half and ooops -- drop it on the floor. Then maybe step on it. Oh darn!

Keep in mind that this is a journey, not a destination. When you get to your goal weight, you are not going to be able to just quit and say well, I did that and then do whatever you want. Whether it takes you 30 days or 3 years, the idea is to keep on the path as much as possible -- but no one is perfect.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:24 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

If life ran smoothly we would not have gotten heavy in the first place.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasus40
If life ran smoothly we would not have gotten heavy in the first place.
Right on Sister!!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote