Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #1  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Release

I dont know if any of you have heard of this "Release program" or if it is just a regional thing, but I didnt see any threads about it so I thought I'd post one (I was inspired by the "Magic Pill" thread)

Release was a big thing around these parts (Lincoln, NE) about a year ago. Basically it is a weight loss program that consists of morning, afternoon, and evening pills also supplemented by "fat blocker" pills and multivitamins. The program is very expensive. As hard as it is for me to admit I did buy this "program". I think I spent over $200 once I got all the stuff to last me 3 mos. You take a morning pill and two "fat blockers" and a multi in the morning, an afternoon pill and two "fat blockers" at noon, and 1-3 evening pills and two "fat blockers" before bed. By the time you get a 3 mos supply you have to buy 1 bottle each of morning pills and afternoon pills, 1-3 bottles of evening pills, 3 bottles of "fat blockers" and 1 bottle of multis.

This program, in my opinion, is a huge scam. I tried it, many people at my work tried it, my mother tried it, and on and on and on. Of course it comes w/a food and excercise plan you have to use for it to work (DUH!!). The diet plan is basically South Beach. My mom lost 2 lbs the first week and nothing after that. I didnt lose any weight as I wasnt following the food plan and I thought even though I wasnt dieting the pills would work at least a little bit.

I felt so stupid! They are basically just vitamins. REALLY expensive vitamins of which you pop 10-15 a day.

I just wanted to warn anyone else out there who may be thinking of doing the Release "program". Save your money and just go on South Beach or another sensible diet and exercise program and buy a $5 bottle of One-A-Days. The only thing the $200 you spend for Release is going to do for you is give you the diet plan for which you could spend $20 for the South Beach book.

I was lucky and someone at work bought the rest of my supply for $75 so at least I got some money back.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady...

S/C/G: 250/179/140

VioletSwerve,

Thanks for the info. I haven't heard of it myself, but have a friend who is always looking into stuff like that, so I will warn her if she starts to talk about buying it.

It *WOULD* be nice though, eh?

Good luck, Alicia
Old 03-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #3  

One of my co-workers where I used to work tried it for a little while. For her, she said that she could only eat a little bit, and if she ate more than that, she got diarrhea. Ew! I think I'll pass on that, eh? So I don't think she stuck with it very long.

I don't put much stock in any of the diet pills out there. I think the only way to lose weight is to get motivated and exercise a lot as well as watch what you eat.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:28 PM   #4  
it's always something

Thank you so much for sharing your story, and I'm sorry you got scammed It's one thing for us to talk about the ingredients and why something won't work, and quite another for someone to share their personal experience. Hopefully others will learn from your experience.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #5  
AJL

S/C/G: 190/140

~~snerk~~ Not only did I buy it too but I'm also in Lincoln :P and it also didn't work for me, why? Because I didn't eat right and exercise, something that will have me lose weight without the pills...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/185/140

Default Release

I live in Nebraska as well. I did try the release program available at GNC. I have tried many many diet pills and decided to try this program. I made big changes in my life when I started this. I changed my lifestyle of eating and drinking. I kept away from sweets and fried foods. I also only drank water and cut out all pop.
This program actually worked great for me. The first few days were tough adjusting to the pills but after the first week it was fine.
I started at 235 and am down to 185. It has taken 10 months though. I stalled out big time for about 3 months and had to look at what I was doing wrong. I quit eating!! Big mistake. So I started to log everything I ate all day and noticed I wasn't eating enough and my metobalism went way down. I eat about every 2 hours now, snacks or meals. Guess what, the scale started going down again.
So to say the least, I don't know if it was the pills or my change in lifestyle. I don't take them anymore since the stall. I do take the yellow pills though. They completely take away my sugar cravings!
Good Luck!

Last edited by KissmeDeadly; 07-05-2006 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks for sharing your story, Violet. I am not surprised that it is a scam. Like you said... most all of the "magic pills" tell you to change your eating habits and exercise. And as you said... DUH!! What do you know? It worked.
Closed Thread