Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #1  
Sweet Success

Default Well Boo Hoo!!!!

Well boo hoo!

I did not lose a darn thing this week as a matter fact I gain one pound!

Hmm! Where did that come from? Who knows, Water weight gain, I have been putting garlic salt in the 100 calorie popcorn bag, guess I really need to stop doing that and find something else. I AM PROBABLY RETAINNING WATER!!!!!

Oh well. I went and measure myself today. I lost an inch in the biceps, hips, chest and calf this time. two weeks ago it was the hips waist and thigh.

I often wonder if I drunk too much protein shakes, but I have stayed under my required calories all week.

That is it. Just gotta be water retention.

Oh well. I think I’ll try roller bladeing today. Maybe I am light enough for it. I tried my roller blades on in the kitchen yesterday. I skated around the kitchen, boy I miss these days.

Last edited by FeistyRoo; 03-10-2006 at 12:57 PM.
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

((hands FeistyRoo a tissue))

Dry those tears, sweetie. You may be on to something about the water retention. Have you taken a look at your sodium intake over the past week or so? Higher amounts of sodium can cause wter retention...

On the other hand, since you're losing inches, perhaps your body is in a muscle-building phase? A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat (but you knew that, already ), so your body may just be in a redistribution phase.

Keep plugging away, dear. Stay true to your program. You can do it!

Rollerblading??? In the kitchen??? Yikes! I can just imagine the havoc I'd wreak if I were to try that!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #3  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

((pondering rollerblading))

Nope I dont have any room in my kitchen.......I really think I would hurt something..

I have not had a loss in 4 weeks BUT the inches keep falling off so you keep up the good work.....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #4  
takin it one lb at a time

You didn't succeed in losing weight... but you succeeded in making yourself a healthier and more active person! Be proud of that!
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #5  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by la3y_un1c0rn_37
((pondering rollerblading))

Nope I dont have any room in my kitchen.......I really think I would hurt something..

I have not had a loss in 4 weeks BUT the inches keep falling off so you keep up the good work.....
I was testing myself in the kitchen. Just making sure I still had the same balance and every thing.

Yep I still do. I took two rounds in my driveway and felt great. Guess I should kreep on down the park and just do a little bit more. I would like to skate a whole park though! Like I use to.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #6  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Drink water, drink water, drink water... hehehehe... Especially if it's water weight-gain, increase your water intake and flush it out...ummm literally...

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 151/128.5/115 5' 2"

Hey FeistyRoo, I was feeling just the same this morning because I was up a pound too and it really bummed me out. Then I remembered all the soup I ate yesterday to help get rid of this sorethroat/cold I've got. Very high in sodium so I'm hoping that it really is just water retention. I did lose an inch in my midsection though and the "up 1 lb" motivated me to work out just a little harder that usual at the gym, so I guess it's not all bad.

Now you've got me thinking about learning to rollerblade....
MrsMoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #8  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoby
Hey FeistyRoo, I was feeling just the same this morning because I was up a pound too and it really bummed me out. Then I remembered all the soup I ate yesterday to help get rid of this sorethroat/cold I've got. Very high in sodium so I'm hoping that it really is just water retention. I did lose an inch in my midsection though and the "up 1 lb" motivated me to work out just a little harder that usual at the gym, so I guess it's not all bad.

Now you've got me thinking about learning to rollerblade....
Yea, I was still a bit bum all morning but the tape measure help me to hang on to some hope. I went out and worked out today, So I feel a little better.

Rollerblading is fun. I like it. Pretty good work out. I notice when I read about calorie burning doing roller blading it sure can burn some calories.
I skated on regular skates since I was a kid. Roller blading was pretty easy to learn. I have never ice skated though. I am thinking once I get down to 160 I'll try ice skating. I like roller blading better then regular skating. Roller blading is made for the pavement.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #9  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalai_lala
Drink water, drink water, drink water... hehehehe... Especially if it's water weight-gain, increase your water intake and flush it out...ummm literally...

-Lala
Speaking of water, which I now enjoy drinking more then soda's I went out and bought me a Brita faucet filtration system. My bottle water buying was getting rather pricey. I figure I can cut my price this away and so far I been able to drink my tap water with out gagging.