Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #1  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Unhappy Why do I feel like I’m starving?

I’m having a really weird day here. I’ve eaten as I usually do on a typical weekday yet I’m so hungry I ate everything I could find at my desk. Luckily that was just some leftover cereal, a few rye crackers I was hoping to eat for my snack later today and an apple that I was planning on holding on to for a snack tomorrow, but if there were more here I would be eating it! I’m tempted to visit the vending machine, but unfortunately there’s nothing in there I would consider “healthy”. I’m holding onto my grapefruit (the last bit of food I have left) for my 4pm snack so I can make it through the gym tonight, but why am I so hungry today when I’m usually perfectly satiated by the amount/what I ate? This is very unusual, I sometimes get craving to eat more than I think I should, but not usually because I physically feel hungry like this.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #2  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Well, first things first... you aren't crazy! Unless I am too, and then I guess we're both in trouble!

I don't know why that happens, but it does happen to me too. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be stress related or depression related or even "bad" food related. I've never been able to connect it to a trigger. I guess your body just has fluctuations in sensitivity to feeling hungry and today is a hyper-hungry day for you. Man, I hate those, too. It's not just hungry, it's miserable hungry, right?

All I can offer is a hug and the wisdom that eventually you will be able to sleep and it will be gone tomorrow.

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I have those days, too. I don't know what causes them, either. Like Lala, I have other days when I don't feel hungry at all. Sometimes I wonder if our bodies are just on some bizarre cycle.
Big hugs from me, too... hang in there, hon. I'm glad there was nothing "good" available at the vending machine.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #4