South Beach Diet - Hello everyone!!! I am new to SB

View Full Version : Hello everyone!!! I am new to SB

Sharis
03-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Hello,

Well today is the day I officially decided to try the SB diet. I have doing extensive research and am hoping that this will help me lose the weight I would like.

My goal is 13 pounds by the end of April. Do you think it is possible? :dizzy:
I am getting married in May and want to be thin and fit by the summer.

The 1 one thing I am confused about is the menu and the recipes. But I am sure I will figure it out. I have also been looking at the recipes that you kind people have posted.

Well tomorrow I am going to start Phase 1, any suggestions on a meal plan and I understand that there is no alcohal involved for the first 14 days??

Thanks for all the insight on this website.
:flow2: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar027/slider-hearts/lb/130/118/130/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Muffin02
03-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi Sharis, welcome and good luck! I'm new too. I think your goal sounds very reasonable, especially if you stick to the diet and get some exercise in. I started on Phase 2...I want to lose some body fat, get over my cravings (it's working!!!) and look good this summer.

Kelly J
03-09-2006, 03:38 PM
:welcome: Sharis!

I think you're goal sounds very reasonable. Hope you enjoy our little beach here. And you're right - no alcohol on Phase I - the time will fly by, though.

Sharis
03-09-2006, 04:50 PM
How soon is everybody experiencing weight loss on phase 1??

Schatzi
03-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Welcome Sharis, by the end of the first week you should see a loss!

Good luck and let us know how we can help ya

Barb0522
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Welcome! You don't say what you weigh or what your height is so it is hard to tell if 13 is reasonable. Please read the information in the stickies at the top of this forum and the frequently asked question forum. That will show you the list of allowed foods. You will definitely need to avoid alcohol for the first 14 days and many types of alcohol are not allowed in phase 2. What type do you drink?

Sharis
03-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks for replying.:hug: I am 5'3 and 130 pounds right now. My goal is 118. I normally drink light beer or Margarita's.:dizzy: