General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #1  

Default A gift from the weight loss fairy

I fell in a screaming heap today, fed up with the whole weight loss journey. Anyway I started thinking of things to cheer me up.

You're at goal, you hear a tinkle of bells in your bedroom, you wake up and on your knee is the little weight loss fairy.

"As your reward for sticking to your plan, going to the gym, and forgoing all the foods that hindered your journey before, you can show one person your gorgeous new body. Only that person can't be related to you, it can't be someone from school or someone you know, it has to be a relatively famous person and preferably someone you adore!!! And you need to pick three people, so I can check their diaries!!!"

Mine are

Susie O'Neill - an Aussie former swimmer. Although I can't swim nearly as well as her, I always think of her as I am whizzing up and down the pool

Oprah Winfrey - coz even though I am not a massive fan, she has been an inspiration - my mantra is if Oprah can run a marathon, I can run 10k!!!

Amir Khan - he's a boxer, based in the neighbouring town to me. He's gorgeous, he's fit, he has worked so hard to get where he is, he only turned profesional last year after winning silver in the Olympics, and he's one every professional fight. He inspires me to believe you can come from nothing and succeed.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

I have to think about this one will get back later...
Old 03-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

I can only think of two right now:

Steven Page, lead singer for Barenaked Ladies - Oddly enough, I made a deal with myself when I first started losing weight that, if I hadn't lost 50 lbs. by the next time they came to town, I wouldn't allow myself to go (they're one of my favorite bands). Well, I've lost over 100 lbs. Now they just need to get themselves back to my part of the country!

Kellie from season 1 of the Biggest Loser - Kellie and I are built a lot alike, and, when she showed up at the ranch, we weighed about the same. Watching her every week gave me the extra boost of confidence that I needed to keep my butt in gear.
Closed Thread