Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #1  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Low-fat chicken soft tacos

I read a recipe similar to this one in a magazine but when I started to make it tonight, I realized the magazine has been tossed out. So what I ended up cooking is a bit of what I can remember and mostly alot of my own creation. They were soooooo good!

1 - 1 1/2 (depending upon size) boneless skinless chicken breasts per person, cut into strips
2 soft tortillas per person (I ony had white but I'm sure there are wholewheat variations out there)
packet of taco seasoning
low-fat or fat-free mayo

For the salsa
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips (don't use green)
1 smallish red onion, finely chopped
3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped

Mix the ingredients for the salsa together. Cook the chicken strips until just done. Add the taco seasoning and stir well. Put some seasoned chicken on a tortilla, drizzle with the low-fat mayo and then add a generous handful of the salsa. Wrap and eat! This all made enough for 6 soft tacos but the salsa would have stretched for 8. It was really awesome. The mayo was even better than sour cream!

I'm still working on the calories per taco. I threw away a packet and have to dig it out.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #2  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Whoops! Can a moderator clean up after me please and delete one of my double posts?
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #3  
pk1947

S/C/G: 192/180/118

Thanks, this recipe really sounds good.

Pat
pk1947 is offline   Reply With Quote