South Beach Diet - Wicked Wednesday - March 8th

View Full Version : Wicked Wednesday - March 8th

freaky
03-08-2006, 05:34 AM
Just a nod to Batmomm and others with the Wicked Wednesday!!!

Not a ton to say today because it's still mid week and I am still working and all that. Yesterday I went to my mother's to clean and was unable to because I was also on call and while I was thee I received 4 on call hot line reports which I had to follow up on. I aplogized to my mother and went home. When I was there though, my brother said the ususal, "what's up" to me and I replied "same ****, different day" as I usually do on Tuesday nights. Then I said, "no, check that, I think it might even be the same **** and the same day"!!! :dizzy:

Anyway, just a little light humor for those who's coffee has not kicked in yet. :rolleyes:

I had a soso eating day...ate well at work but felt hungry. Then in the midst of American Idol cheated and had bad snacks. :ink: :m: :corn: :rollpin:

What's that??? Oh, it's just the treadmill calling. It always calls at the most inconvenient times!!! Well, gotta run. :running: :lol3:

Catch up with you later.
;)

Kelly J
03-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Goodmorning Freaky and all you other chicks still in bed.

I have to go to a conference this morning with my boss. Yipee Yee yipee yaa. Can you tell how excited I am? NOT :dizzy: I think I'll bring a cheese stick and some nuts to tide me over until lunch, but I hate pulling out snacks at some place like that.

Hope you all have a great day!

cottagebythesea
03-08-2006, 07:30 AM
A quick "hello" to everyone! I'm off and running in a few minutes.
Yesterday was a great day, I got caught up on some yard work that I neglected in the fall, and the girls and I spent the afternoon at a park. I had bad moment when I needed to use some :dust: , but I managed to get over it, and stayed OP the entire day! :D
I'll try to catch up with you all later!

JanaM
03-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Mornin' everyone. Got my teeth cleaned yesterday. See? :D No cavities to report from the dentist yesterday. Yippee!

Freaky - I'm going to have to borrow your offshoot of the old SSDD line. lol It definitely applies to my job right now too! I watched Idol last night too. Mandissa just rocks! We'll see how the guys do tonight. Chris is my favorite out of the guys.

Kelly - Hope the meeting with your boss goes okay.

Cottage - I hear ya on the yard work. I should be doing some of that myself.

Gotta run. Everyone have a great day!

Ruthxxx
03-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Good morning - cold but clear here.

Freaky, my treadmill is calling me this morning too. (Funny but yesterday my doc told me I could go back to exercising on it! Um....maybe I didn't listen well last visit.)

Cottage, No yardwork as everything is still under snow....but it's melting fast. We are supposed to have a weekend of well above freezing weather so I'll be able to do some cleanup next week.

Kelly, it's hard to sneak snacks at a conference. They do break for coffee though, don't they? I hope the conference is interesting.

I am avoiding the scale this morning as my evil sister Ruthless dragged me into the Chinese buffet after my doc appointment yesterday. :yikes: Water and abstemious eating are the two watchwords for today.

As I'm going to be away for four days and have friends checking my house, I need to do a wee vacuum this morning. Lucy seems to be shedding a lot of black fluff. I think there's enough on her bed to knit or crochet another dog - a puppy anyhow! :lol: This afternoon, I'll go to visit Harry and give the nursing home a copy pof my itinerary just in case. I've still not got around to buying a cell phone but someday soon ....

Gotta jet and lug the garbage out to the road. The lane is slowly de-icing - there are patches of gravel and mud in spots - but it's still pretty slippy. Thank God for Yak-Traks!

Have a great aka wicked Wednesday!

FocusedThisTime
03-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Good morning Freaky. And great job on the exercise consistency. I have the luxury of a noon cycling class today...so I slept in (NOT!). Cottage...I need that dust...good visual for me to carry around today. Have a good day Kelly.

If you haven't read the post about waning motivation...its worth it. This is the critical time for me to fail...lost 10, now have plateaued and have not been strict enough about sticking to the plan to feel good about it. I am doing TONS of self talk about my lifestyle change...no more dieting! And trying to reiterate my reasons for wanting the weight off.

Hope everyone has a great day supporting all of your goals!
Meg

Ruthxxx
03-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi Jana. We were psoting at the same time.

I watched the last part of IDOL too last night. You are right - Mandissa is fabulous! Chris is my favourite too. I just don't get little Kevin the sex symbol though. I guess I'm too old to appreciate him except as a grandson!

Ruthxxx
03-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Focused, I have that ten pound motivational slump too. Thanks for the reminder. How diod I miss reading that post? Hope your day is a good one.

freaky
03-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Jana and Ruth - looks as if we should be the judges of this show since our favorites are all the same. Chris could sing to me anytime, and now that I think about it, I wouldn't kick me out of bed for eating crackers either!!! LOL:o

Morning the rest of you ladies!!!!

HoosierMom
03-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm not entirely awake yet and don't really have much to say. I just thought I'd say a quick hello and good morning. :) I'll try to post again later when I can think straight.

Toodles

pearshape
03-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Good morning, chickies!Geesh I can't wait for this TOM bloat to go away. It's partially my fault as I havent been drinking enough water. My fingers are like sausages. Should be gone in the next day or so. TOday my goal is to drink 12 glasses of water...2 down...10 to go. That should help I think. I've beend doing a P1 with no beans or milk, except last night, for the last week or so and haven't lost anything....infact I've gained but that's from TOM so I'm not too worried about it. I just need to drink up and it will be gone. Ok, enough babbling!!

freaky: I hear the treadmill calling too.....trouble is I just ignore it! Good job, you're a inspiration with all your exercise.

Kelly: cheese and nuts are great filling snack. Keeps me for hours. Have fun at yoyr conference ;) !

cottage: good job on the willpower! that will power dust is a powerful thing!

jana: Have a fabulously OP day :D !

ruth: bad, bad, Ruthless...hopefully its her who will gain any weight and not you! :lol:

focused: I totally feel you! for the last 8 months I've been gaining and losing the same stupid 15 lbs. the only thing I can do is keep trying and not give up, that's the one thing I haven't tried in the past so hopefully in the long run it will pay off. YOu're doing great!

Hoosiermom: have some coffee :coffee: then come join us! I'm on my second cup now. I love coffee!!!!!

everyone else, have a great OP day! cottage, could you send some of your willpower dust everyones way?? :wave:

batmomm2000
03-08-2006, 09:36 AM
ok I'll come back and chat later but one of the Idol singers, Elliott, lives here and is really good friends with one of mine. Small world. So is he any good? I don't watch. She told me he was good but needs to get his teeth fixed before he's anybody's Idol...

2BFIT1
03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm still waking up, just like Christine.
Yesterday I had a chocolate milkshake but it was dentist's order. I had some dental work done and was instructed to drink liquids for the next 24 hrs. Then he handed me a coupon for a free shake at Steak-n-Shake. How could I resist that offer?
I plan to get some more yard work done today and maybe a visit to the tan salon, too.
Need more :coffee:

RNMOM
03-08-2006, 09:53 AM
So early in the morning for me! Hi to all of you! I got to bed way to late last night, finishing an online class and couldn't quit until the test was done. Got to bed at 11:30, that wouldn't be too back except I needed to get up at 0500

In the ER today with my unfavorite doctor.

Today for my lunch I am going on the treadmill in the cardiac rehab room.

Brought grill salmon, huge salad with all kinds of chunky veggies in it and sf jello. I've also discovered caffiene-free diet coke. Pretty tasty over ice!

It's about time I behave!

pearshape, TOM I don't miss his visits! You are right....drink up! go for a walk and paint your toenails.....that's my Rx for the day!

Hoosier, I'll be quiet just in case you decide to climb back into the nice warm sheets.......:D

focused, thanks for the reminder about reading motivational slump......I hope I've climbed out of mine.:dust:

Ruth, I'm sorry about your evil twin, I should introduce her to mine.....maybe they could scratch drag each other around so they wouldn't be loney.

Jana, hey no cavities!:D Way to go!

cottage, glad you found some :dust:

Kelly, good luck at the conference. Drink lots of water so you have the option of getting up and excusing yourself a lot.

freaky, hope the treadmill calling you isn't calling you dirty words.

Well, I off to read posts and get caught up here so I know what's going on with ya'll
Schatzi...........WAKE UP!!!!!! All you others left to come:blah: :blah: :blah: :dust: :dust: :dust: :strong: :strong: :strong:

ckb1432003
03-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Good morning chickies. :p

Yesterday I stayed OP but it was an awful day for me. I had yogurt the past 2 days - and I think it made me crash in the afternoon. Plus it's the TOM. My first one on SBD - KILLER! :mad: I had a splitting headache :bomb: last night (caffeine addiction - but I drank my quota of water) and my DD was being a pill. She is 19 mo and had her first time out! GRRRR :nono:

I'm just so thankful that I have you guys for support! :hug:

My plan for today is smile and ignore TOM, eat a slice of WG bread instead of yogurt and hope for no sugar crash, finish this large diet coke and then switch to water, and chickchat as much as possible to keep the spirits up.

SunLit
03-08-2006, 10:27 AM
The heavens don't want me to eat brown rice, I've decided. Oh, and good morning all.

But honestly, every time I try to make a pot of brown rice, I burn it or it comes out still crunchy. Could it be that some cosmic force knows (while I'm still clueless) that rice in all its variant forms is my starchy enemy? That I love it, but for my own good, should never eat it? I'm beginning to think that may be the case, because truthfully, I'm not this cooking-stupid.

I tried eating it with a nice piece of tuna steak and asparrygrass (I like this spelling better) last night. No rice for me, though!

Ruth -- I've definitely been craving Chinese food, so next time, have Ruthless drag me too, okay? I need to find a SBD-friendly Asian-inspired recipe.

batmomm -- Elliot probably has the best voice (beautiful tone) of any of the guys on American Idol, you can tell your friend. He just needs to step up the stage presence.

Running to do some work now, but have good days, everyone!

pearshape
03-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Sunlit, bring the rice to a boil, then lower the heat wayyyyy down and let it simmer for about 35 minutes. Don't stir it or anything but you can taste it at the end of 30 min to see how near to done it is. And I LOVE your avatar. Your baby reminds me of my baby Jack who died 3 years ago. He was a special big fluffy orange kitty. I still miss him terribly and get sad when I think about him. He was one special boy!

Tammy70
03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Good mornin' ya'll

I need help....how do you all deal w/ stress? I do well all day at work staying OP, go home have good intentions with dinner. DH says he's not hungry so I wait to cook and then I'm not hungry anymore. It ends up that we just munch on whatever is around. I won't say what I had last night, but just know it was baaaddddd. I tried walking but it's too cold for me and no one to go with, I don't like going around by myself at dusk. I end up either smoking in front of the computer or eating anything in sight.

So, how do you spend your evenings?

Work is not going great right now either, they will be tearing my desk down and putting up a new one, so my computer will be out of commission hopefully just for the day. They are going to start in a couple hours.

Boy, I'm a barrell of laughs today, huh. I apologize just in a funk I guess.

Sorry don't have time to respond to everybody, But take care and have a great day!!!!!! ;)

Demeter
03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
OMG! Crazy things are happening around me!
Yesterday, my desk at work collapsed on top of me! Can you believe it?
The heavy drawers on one side of the desk some how disconnected themselves from the large desktop without any warning and everything proceded to fall onto my knee, knocking my pc monitar over and spilling my water over all of my paperwork & me. Gosh that hurt! My desk is heavy! I could walk okay and everything but I still went to the emergency room & got examined & x-rays. I guess nothings broken but my knee is pretty swollen & bruised and has a big scrape. I was so embarrassed because I haven't shaved in a couple of weeks and I had to show my leg to people! The doc said to stay home from the gym for a few days but that's it. I'm lucky I'm young & tough. Someone else could have easily broken something.
What a day I had!

MsCrockett
03-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Danielle~~ I hear ya on the shavng your legs.... LOL, I swear in the winter time I avoid it, and when I finally do It looks like a cat blew up in the bathtub.....LOL..... I am glad you are ok though, I hope the swelling and soreness goes away soon,

Tammy70~ For what it is worth, whatever is stressing me out, I research it or I find and angel to overcome it. (if that makes sense). Talking about it dont help me all the time, sometimes I just gotta get to the bottom of it myself. but after I pinpoint it , I will figure it out.

Ruth~Be careful and I must have missed it, where are you headed to for 4 days?

Pearshape~ any ideas of a good spice to cook in brown rice, I made some and added a chicken boulion cube, but it was still bland?

As for me still OP, Ready for "Aunt Margaret" to move along, tired of her monthly visit. I have a test Friday, I found some literature on Math anxiety, I hope I can apply some of it and see if it helps... NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO FRIDAY<<

Schatzi
03-08-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm UP UP UP!!! I got sidetracked in the garage :kickcan: as DH continued to tinker with the router and DSL stuff.. which means we didn't have the internet this morn.. But he hath proclaimed alll is fixed...:wizard: and therefore all is well in Schatziworld now! :yoga:

Oooh this year's AI is gonna be a hard one! I thought Mandisa was FABU!!!! I also liked Kelly Pickler and Cath Mcfee... but Mandisa really is in a class of her own...! The men ... I know not a favorite but I like Taylor Hicks.. and Elliot and Chris... I think Elliot has the best voice, I just can't help it but he looks like Alf to me.. and I'm not saying that to be mean...he just does :shrug:

Freaky: I hope your week gets better!

Kelly: Conferences! What would corporate america do without meetings? Lets schedule a meeting to talk about the meeting that we will be meeting for... :blah: :gossip: I never had a problem snacking in the middle of them.. but usually ya git a break or a bio break so maybe you can chow down then...

Cottage: YAY fer staying OP!!! Isn't it wonderful ta get outside..?

Jana: Yay fer your healthy smile!!!!:D

Ruthless :devil: :rofl:... I have an evil twin tooo...but his name is Frank.... it's because if I had to tell my friends or bosses something that they might not want to hear.. I would start it off as " Can I be Frank with you?" I think I am going up to the Delta and hanging signs on all those Chinese Buffets :coach:" No shoes, No shirt, and Ruths = No service"

Pearsy/focuses: I've been realllly strugglin tooo.:( . up down up down.. I need a kick in the arse!

RNMOM: Darlin' ...missed you!:hug: Yay for gittin on the Dreadmill :tread:

Ckb: :hug: We're all in this togetha darlin! We'll help you!

Hi Sunlit, Batt, and Hoosier, Tammy, Demeter, Crocky! :wave:

DH has off today, so we're having a date day... Movies I think!

Have a great day Goils!!!

Kiko
03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh my- it is only 9:15 here and 20 posts already!

I have got to hop into the shower, but needed to report that I lost 2 pounds this week!! Maybe exercising is jumpstarting my body more than I realized it would. I am psyched and feeling good!

Okay- orry to be selfish and just post about myself- we are expected at a friend's house in 40 minutes and I haven't even showered. More later.......

soon2Bfab
03-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Morning everyone - wow 20 posts already!!
Lots planned for today....today is my last day off for 9 days (errr - what a dumb schedule!) I'm going to go to Michaels & Joann & look at stuff for Jessi's wedding. Gotta goto grocery, laundry, and peddle some AVON - oh and Curves....I should of went this morning, but I didn't want to be there with the pelvic thruster.
See you guys later!!

RNMOM
03-08-2006, 11:46 AM
OK, I know I've already posted, but I have a question.

I'm phase one day one.............can I have carrots in my salad????????????? I hear so many conflicting things.

Demeter, I'm having the visual of you under a desk....:rofl: :rofl:

Tammy70....just hang on!!!!!! It will pass!

Anyway, you all have a great day!

Ruthxxx
03-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Carrots are for Phase II. Sorry!

SunLit
03-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Pearshape, thanks. I'll give it another try, maybe this evening. I think part of the problem is I'm only trying to cook one serving at a time and it's cooking too quickly.

That's my big boy Oliver in the avatar! All my cats are at my parents' house, though, but I get to see them on-line at least!

Muffin02
03-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi
I'm new and posted my bio under that thread. I started SBD on phase 2 and I'm still in the learning process, as well as still reading the book. I think it's going really well! I'm a little tired though and didn't do a workout yesterday. I got my hour in this morning with a little less zeal than normal. Is being tired normal? I've only been on the beach a week.

Have a great day!

SarahinBalance
03-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Morning everyone! I feel like the universe here in Texas is out of whack right now.... The world around me is falling apart and it's really affecting my moods... I'm being dramatic by sayign falling apart but it seems like everyone around me is miserable, going through break-ups, hate their jobs etc. and it's really hard to stay possitive! I was so jazzed cause I was down to 150 this morning and then I talked to my dad on the phone and it totally blew my day. As my mom would say "he doesn't have the power to blow my day, I CHOOSE to let him affect me in that way" but DAMN it's really hard when someone says somethign dissapointing to not let it get to you!

Hope everyone else is having a better day than I am!

MsCrockett
03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Regina~ You started on Phase 2? how are you doing with the cravings? When I started I did Phase one first I wasnt to tired,, felt weird the first 3 days then I have been okay since, I have been on SBD for a little over a Month now.. Best of Luck to you and I look forward to reading your posts.....WELCOME!

MsCrockett
03-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Sarah~ We posted at the same time, I know what you mean about the Negative vibes rubbing off on you,,, I can talk all day about positives, but let me say ONE thing negative and that is what people will remember, However, I look at it this way, If you would fire back with a POSITIVE, sometimes it will counter back and the Pesimists, just continue to show and be positive, it will rub off, Chin Up. and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I cant wait to see 150,, you are half my size.... Way to to ...................

mamahulk
03-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Brady sick all day yesterday and then last night I called the doctor;s exchange and they said take him to the ER he needed a chest exray. WE waited in the ER for 2 hours and he was never seen. So we called the doctor back and she said bring him in at 9 this morning and to give him all treatments and see if he could make it though the night. We got him home did all the treatments and he went to bed. HE coughed for 1 hour straight. Then it stopped. HE is still sleeping and no cough. I am thrilled but my other 2woke up at midnight, started coughing and didn't stop till 4 am after medicine and a breathing treatment. THey are both awake and coughing. SO I am off to the doctors w Brady and to scream about how sick my whole house is. I now have to call in again, my boss loves me.

Well I did not have time to post this so I will post it now w an update.
Brady has a bad infectionin his right lung. They said continue with all his medication and gave me a cough syrup with codine. HE is sounding better today so I am hoping he is on the mend. THe other 2 sound like crap and now I have a bad cold also. I CAN"T WAIT FOR SPRING!!! WEll I am going to nap and hopefully the kids will too.
One positive thing is I am following my diet to a tee and it is working. I hope tomorrow I am back to work and then to keep up the good eating and back to exercise. Hope you all are having a good day.

Broomy
03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone!

Posting at work...geesh this getting to be a bad habit but luckily it is slow. Just a lot of nitty gritty to do today like collating for the trade show & purging our files that are overly jammed(talk about a bore):(

Thanks to beachgal & Ruth for the advice about the diner dilemma. Had my Kiwanis meeting and ate as best as I could for Phase 1. The omelette had lean turkey, onion, mushroom, but real cheese in it & was topped with avocado. I also had a smidge of real half & half in my coffee since that was what they offer. I'm guzzling water right now & planning something to be extra careful the rest of the day. Really have to make sure I exercise today too...will probably use my elliptical for a change and do some crunches.

Oh a quick question not to be gross but did anyone have tummy trouble when they first started Phase 1:o ? Every afternoon about 2 I get kinda gassy, kinda loose bowels. I don't know if my body is just adjusting to the food changes or if it's because TOM is on the approach or if it's a remanant of the stomach virus I had last week:?:

To everyone have a great day on the beach whether you're dealing with work issues, kid issues, travelling or whatever...Be well and Be safe fellow beachies.

Sue:)

SarahinBalance
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey Broomy,

I had the opposite problem with Phase 1 so probably any type of change in your BMs are normal. Expect all sorts of physiological changes. My TOM came 2 weeks early after I started SB, and I feel like as I lose my body is processing feelings that are released as I lose weight. I know I'm getting off track here, but just trying to say that your body is going to CHANGE so just get ready for anything.

Kiko
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Sarah Hang in there girl! It is so hard when people around you are bringing you down. Congrats on hitting 150- that is awesome! :carrot:

Laurie I hope you are feeling okay and on the mend. :hug: I don't know if you are checking it at all, but I am thinking of you.

Off to snuggle DD and take a nap- I have very tired kiddos today. Our big outing for the day is done and we are home for the day! :flow:

Barb0522
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Broomy - Your body is probably trying to get used to the increased plant fiber. It should subside as it adjusts.

I've got no time to post to everyone today. I've been swamped with production issues all day and haven't even had time to drink like I normally do.

Schatzi
03-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Barb :rofl: ... Go back and read that last sentence .. :hat:
Too funny!!

batmomm2000
03-08-2006, 03:17 PM
wtg Sarah-notsomuchaslacker!! I know it's hard but heck let 150 rule the day for you not anyone else.

Broomy, I had some "odd" tummy and lower issues when I started. If you're doing it right, it's probably those 4 1/2 cups of veggies talking in there. Apologize to family for the gassiness and keep it up!!

Hope that codeine helps your boy Mamahulk. Sure is a lot of sickies all at once.

Hope you heal quick Demeter

Tammy-even f no one's hungry yet, go ahead and start dinner when you've got the motivation. I'm sure by the time it's ready and smells yummy dh will be ready and then you won't have all those snacks

Barb0522
03-08-2006, 03:35 PM
You're right, Schatzi! That was funny. I'm heading to refill my WATER and HOT TEA now. ;)

Debbie0522
03-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone. I'm back. I just spent all day Monday and Tuesday being a jurer in a murder trial. It was very interesting but very hard and I am just taking it easy today. We were in deliberations in a small closed up room from 4:40 until 11:15 pm last night. They gave us pizza for dinner! I had no choice but to eat it. we couldn't even leave the room (there was a bathroom in the room).
We found him guilty finally and then it was just awful when the people heard the verdict. the whole thing was very emotionally and physically draining. I got home at midnight last night and ate a big bowl of chocolate ice cream w/thin mints crunched up in it for good measure. Back to the plan today.

Kiko
03-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Debbie WTG getting back on track today. I feel that with any diet/WOE that there are going to be times when we slip up. The real lifestyle change, in my opinion, is whether we get right back on track or turn it into days/week of slip ups. Good Job!! :encore:

Barb Sorry to hear that work is so crazed for you today! Hope that it slows down. :dizzy:

Tammy I agree with Bat. Start dinner when you get home- it is DH's choice if he eats or not! Even better, if he chooses not to- you have your lunch ready to go for the next day. :chef:

Mama I sure hope you can get some answers and relief for you AND your boys!! You must be beyond exhaustion.

Not much to report here- still need to exercise for the day. I have actually exercised for 3 days in a row! For some of you queens and princesses this is no big thing, but for me it is monumental!!

Happy day- back later.....

Yesican2006
03-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi everyone!
Hope everyones day is going ok!

I don't have much time but I am excited as of today I am down another 4 lbs! WOOHOO!:carrot: BUT, I am not officially weighing in until Friday, so I hope it stays that way!

Does anyone have any ideas for quick breakfasts on the go besides the quiche cups or eggs? I go to the gym every morning at 6am and just need something fast to go!

Here is a little poem that helps me when I am down:

Don't Quit!
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but do not quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
- Anonymous -

Well, need to run!
You all have a great day!
RED

Demeter
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Debbie: I'm glad you're back. Gosh, that had to be rough!

Yesican: Congrats! How about making the protein cheesecake as make-ahead cupcakes? I've never had 'em but it looks like a quick, yummy idea.
Personally, I've learned that, for me, there's no such thing as a quick breakfast. I just get up earlier now in order to make breakfast & I've gotten used to it. Then, I just go to the gym after work. That's what's working for me. Also, I bought the egg & muffin toaster for some mornings - It makes a poached egg, warms up your meat & toasts bread all at the same time - I love it.

weezle
03-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Holy Cow chickies! Whew. I'm NEVER going to get to reply to everyone who's already posted unless I get up at 5am! Just a quick update for all of you who still care:

Got a phone call last night from Hollywood Video and they want to set up an interview next week. :carrot:

Then, today, after assuming that Motherhood was out, I got a phone call from their DM saying she'd been out of state with a death in the family, so she was just getting back to me today. She wants me to take some phone survey and after that they just have to check my references and set up an interview with the Regional Manager and if those go well, I'm in. :cb:

Now the problem lies: What if both places want me to work there? Motherhood has better hours, I don't know how much money either of them will pay me, and I think I would like the job duties of Hollywood Video better. Is there ANY gray area with ANYTHING in life???? It's either got to be all bad and causing me problems or all good and causing me problems. Granted, I'd rather have all good, but still.

YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (That word is a staple in my vocabulary lately.)

Anywho, keep praying. I want God to just point me in the right direction. I'm leaving my ears open, I just can't hear anything yet.

That's all I know. Have to finish up at work, teach piano, run home and change, eat, and go to the volleyball tourney. Hope you all are well and having a great day!

Lisa

Demeter
03-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Oh Weezle. I STILL CARE! :hug:
I think that's great!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK!;)

Debbie0522
03-08-2006, 06:16 PM
wheezle: me too!

beach bum
03-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi Ladies :(

Didn't feel like posting for the past today as DH went to the hospital with something wrong in his lungs. Spitting up blood,when he coughs .It could be an infection or mass, took a cat scan and we haven't heard the results. I'm been on the phone and e-mailing people all day.

Haven't eaten a real meal these last couple of days,a sand here and there. Hope it doesn't effect my weight loss as I not exercising either.

Hope your all healthy & well,thats the most important thing one can own.

Hugs :( BB

Muffin02
03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Hello, this is quite the busy board! I love it!

MsCrockett, yes I started on phase 2....actually I probably started on phase 3, lol and worked backward! I'm not finding any problems at all with cravings. Except for slow cooked oatmeal and the occasional whole wheat pasta, I haven't had any carbs other than the good ones...lots of veggies, some low glycemic fruit, salads. I was one that had Italian bread almost every day and ALWAYS had a chocolate fix or some other sweet treat. I'm SHOCKED at how well I've adjusted.

I'm sorry to those who have sick kids. Beach Bum, sorry about dh :(

mamahulk
03-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi everyone.
Took a break from being a nurse and mommy. The kids are coughing a lot but I think (fingers crossed) on the bend. I feel pretty lousy but I think you always feel worse with a cold at night. In a way it is great being sick, I think my appetite is down. I am looking forward tow eighing in on Monday, just hope i don't blow it over the weekend.
Weezle- of couse we care- well I do anyway. I hope it works out for you with one of the jobs. Wish you luck! :hug:
Kiko thanks for your support and Ruth and everyone else. IT really helps me keep going. I am really tired but got a small nap today and hoping kids get to bed early and all medicated! :o
Well hope you all had a great day.

MsCrockett
03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Regina~~ I have not felt tired, actually I am sleeping much better, the past couple of days I have felt tired, but "Aunt Margaret" is visiting and I feel like I am coming down with something PLUS stressing Mid terms..... soooooooooo this week is defanately an exception to how I normally feel.. I am soo Proud of you on how well you are doing.. Oh do keep me up to snuff with everything..

Take Care All

Kiko
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Beachbum I am keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you and your DH. That has got to be very frightening. :hug:

Weezle Awesome news on the job callbacks. Things will work out the way they are supposed to work out- you just need to have faith. :angel:

Mama Here is wishing you peaceful sleep! :goodvibes I bet you are actually looking forward to work tomorrow. :lol:

Good day here, although baby DD was awfully cranky. :shrug: She missed her morning nap as we went to visit a friend- she never seemed to catch up on her sleep, even with a good afternoon nap. She is 9 months old tomorrow!! I cannot believe how fast this year is flying.

Sounds like a lot of American Idol watchers- did anyone catch Biggest Loser? It was good- 2 groups of 4 military wives. I love that show, it really inspires me.

Okay- I need to log off........

Countess
03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
I've had such a busy day and a half and I haven't had a chance to get in here but I wanted to pop in and say hi!

I'm doing great on P2 so far but I'm staying off the scale for a week to see how that goes. I don't want to get discouraged by my the loss slowing down, I realize my weight loss in P1 was extraordinary and can't continue thru P2.

I had my Strawberries and they were pure heaven!!!

soon2Bfab
03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
weezle - good luck hun!