Old 03-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/155/125

Smile What is your exercise schedule like?

What are you all doing for exercise? What is really working for you? How long do you workout and how many days a week do you do it?

I am in great need of FAT LOSS!!!
TexasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #2  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I bike for an hour a day as part of my work commute. I also have an aquacize class 3 hours a week and walk on my lunch breaks at work.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #3  

HI I try to do about 1/2 hour of cardio and strength training. I change it up all the time. I have loves tapes but the kids don't give me much time with the T.V.
tanya
2cutekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #4  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

My original goal was 30 mins a day 5 times a week of "something." This was usually walking (at work during lunch), my WATP (Walk Away the Pounds) DVDs, and using a set of adjustable free weights I have. Sometimes I add in some short bursts of calisthenics here and there. I work out in the evenings usually right after dinner. I think though it's good to change things up every now and then, so now I am trying to add more time, intensity, and MORE WEIGHTs to my workouts
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #5  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

When I started this most recent journey (in January), I made a promise to myself to work hard Monday through Friday and to rest Saturday and Sunday. If, for some reason, I miss a weekday, Saturday is my mandatory make-up session.

I haven't had to work a Saturday yet.

M-F I do 30 minutes strength training and minimum 30 minutes cardio (in the last week or so, I've bumped it up to 40). So far, cardio has been either treadmill or dancing. In addition, I just recently started wearing a pedometer (even while treadmilling), so I've been trying to walk enough additional steps to hit 10K a day (5K on weekends).

I'm still working on the 10K steps thing -- many days I've fallen short. But I'm getting better!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #6  
1 day at a time

S/C/G: HW300/283/241/160

My workout changes daily I try to put in 300/400 mins weekly of exercise. 1 hour a day sometimes 2 hours a day. I do weight training, yoga, pilates, I take up water aerobics and hip hop dance classes. I work on the ball and do my watp dvd 4 miles. I tend to get bored quick so I have to change up my workouts everyday. I sometimes workout everyday S-S but, on Sundays is mainly my stretching day while I relax my body.
Lesa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #7  
Embracing My New Normal

Completely OT, but TexasMommy, that sure is a cute little kidlette in your picture there!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 161/155/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less of Lena
Completely OT, but TexasMommy, that sure is a cute little kidlette in your picture there!
THANK YOU! His name is Abel, my little boy... he is 6 months old. I have a 23 month old daughter as well

Forgive me, but what is OT?
TexasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #9  
Embracing My New Normal

He's a sweetie! What a great expression! I'll bet she's a cutie, too. And she's got a birthday coming up. Yay!

OT = off-topic
Old 03-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm sure you already know this, but cardio is what will burn the most fat for your body. I'm not saying to give up completely on weights or else you'll just become a body of mush, but I would focus on cardio more if your primary goal is to burn FAT After all, what good are those muscles you're building if they're still hiding beneath a layer of jell-o?

I'm at a VERY different point in my weight loss journey than you, so when I do 30 minutes a day 3-4 times a week on the elliptical, that's a lot for me, so I'm sure sharing my workout routine won't be very helpful
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I do some form of cardio everyday (45-60min) plus weight training opposite body parts 4days a week plus 3 sessions of abs. I agree that cardio burns more calories than weight training WHILE you are working out but the strength training elevates your metabolism after the session so you burn more calories then and you do lose fat as well as build muscle. I have found as I am closer to my goal that it is the heavier weight training that reshapes my body. Just an opinion...

Your little boy is just precious!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #12  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Also weight training while you are dieting can help you hang on to muscle, otherwise it's easy to lose fat AND muscle while dieting. Cardio will help you in further bringing up your daily calorie deficit which will in turn burn fat, but I think weights helps the whole way along. Both I think both are good whether you are trying to lose or trying to maintain.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #13  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

3 x a week I run 3 miles on the treadmill, usually takes me around 40 mins to do including 5 minute warm up. 2 x a week I do 30 mins of cardio, usually on the elliptical, then circuit training using weights. This used to be 2 sets but this week I am biting the bullet and upping it to 3. The circuit training takes me about 45 minutes to complete.

Some days I'm not sure I do enough cardio because my weight loss is and always has been very slow. I sure do feel like it's enough when I get done though .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #14  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

4 days a week I do an hour of circuit training (a combination of weight training and cardio where you keep your heart rate up in the cardio zone) and one day of pure cardio for an hour. 7 days a week the dog gets a walk...usually like a half an hour. Most days on break at work there is another 20 minute brisk wallk.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #15  

Alright - I'm depressed. I just don't feel like I have time for working out like some of you guys (I do want to). If I can get 30 minutes on the ellipical three times a week and some yoga twice a week, I feel like I've accomplished something. I do try to play "vigurously" with my little guy. But, I don't count that as honest exercise. I just don't have enough hours in the day!!! I guess I could give up some sleep! Who needs eight hours any way?!? LOL
AJsMa is offline   Reply With Quote