LA Weight Loss - WHAT THE....Dr Soy...

View Full Version : WHAT THE....Dr Soy...

deetsmom
03-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok, I am a sucker for advertising...you could advertise a Rocky Road or Peanut Crisp Boogie and I would order it...so when CONSTANTLY having to see the ad for Dr Soy here on 3FC, I get obsessed with having to order some. NO ONE practically carries them so I go to the site...Their system tells me FOUR of my credit cards are "wrong numbers", so I give up and decide to phone order. THREE DAYS, CONSTANT forwarding through voice mail, always ending up at this one girl's desk, telling you to leave a message. I finally push a different number in the options menu today and get a HUMAN...in EXTREMELY broken english, she cuts me right off "We in meeting right now, we call you back"...WHAT THE????????? :tantrum: I wish they'd take their stupid banner off the site, no one can buy the product, its RIDICULOUS. Ok, vent over- LOL!!!! :soap:

Chklithunder
03-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Deets - not to worry. With business practices like that, they'll be bankrupt before too long. Just imagine the meeting they were in.... "Okay, who has new ideas on how to further alienate our existing and potential customers?" :lol:

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Wow - and to think that was a bar I was thinking of trying - Sorry you had such a bad experience - that is horrible!

marbear
03-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Keep checking ebay. Surely they can't profit off of aftermarket product. I STILL haven't gotten mine from that ebay seller, but it was less than 7 days ago so I'm not worrying too much YET. I'll let y'all know how they taste to me, but I like Lunas and some folks don't, so I may not be a great judge of flavor.

marbear
03-06-2006, 11:45 PM
I got my drsoy bars this afternoon. If you have ever had slim fast type candy bars, this is what it reminds me of. They are very sweet and candy-bar-like with a slight soy wang to them. They are pretty small in size, as well. I actually prefer the lunas, but since I am still a little turned off by the taste of them (and will never look at a nutz over chocolate the same way again) I am going to suffer through these and hope my Luna phobia is done in a month or so. I've never had a lite, so I can't compare. Just wanted to ring in for the curious.

marbear
03-06-2006, 11:49 PM
they also do not appear to travel well. Mine seemed to have had effects from the heat. They had not melted all into the wrapper, but they did appear worse for wear. I can only imagine how they should be shipped in the summer.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the info Mary -