Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Mar 6/06

Well, it's a beautiful sunny day here. It should be in the 70's with clear skies. Actually, we really need some rain; there have been some brush fires. I had a great weekend. DH and I played a round of golf on Friday. On Saturday, DH ran a 10K race and I ran a 2-miler. DH got a trophy for second place in his age group; I just finished (that's all I had hoped to do). I am no speedster. On Sunday I had a rehearsal for an upcoming Mendelssohn oratorio I'm singing in.

Food-wise, I ate too much junk food this weekend. Melissa, I got into the corn chips again. I don't know why I even bought them...WI is next week, so I'm going to try really hard to be OP this week.

How is everyone? I hope our northern friends are not too cold.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's cloudy here in NE PA with temps hovering at 31--we're supposed to see some sunshine later today and all the way into Wednesday! The forecast is looking really good toward the end of the week with temps getting up into the high 50's, low 60's! I sure hope so because I'll open up the windows in the house and air it out.

The weekend was busy--Friday evening we went to the opening at the museum for the German Immigrant Display--I did pretty well with not eating too much. Saturday took my car for an oil change and transmission flush and took advantage of the shuttle and wandered the mall for 2 hours. Found a couple spring tops. Also made a trip to a market that features a lot of fresh produce and stocked up on veggies (it's been a long time since I've done this). Picked up some nice asparagus, red & yellow peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli. Yesterday was a little quieter--went with DS to pick out a b-day gift for his girlfriend and also bought a small TV for their bedroom. The old one was turning off by itself--it was time for a new one since the old one was 15 years old!

I'm still not 100% over this sinus infection and the temps aren't going to help this any because my allergies will start to kick in. I'm taking my normal meds for the allergies so hopefully it'll keep it under control. I'm planning on stopping by our health center later today to get my BP checked. For the most part today should be on the quiet side.

Lisa: I've been battling a bag of tortilla chips--I bought them for the boys and they aren't eating them quick enough so I've been getting into them. I really need to have more control and not eat these things!

Lala: I see you're spending more time on planes than anything else these days! Hope your trip to Chicago is productive for you. We miss you here!

Pam: How are things in your neck of the woods? Work still kind of crazy?

Susan: How's the unpacking coming along? Are you getting more settled in your new home?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #3  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, all

Susan- you are on, soul sister!! I am going to tryto be down to 154 by March 17. I will be on vacation the week before, but am hoping to eat lost of healthful seafood and sushi while I am in California.

Melissa - got my bloodwork back, too. My total cholesterol is 221, but the doctor said my overall numbers (HDL ratio) is really good, so all is well. My allergies are bothering me this week as well -- I feel your pain! My doctor gave me a new prescription (Cingulair) to try along with my Allegra, so we will see how that works this week.

Lisa - congrats on finishing your run, and good luck with the upcoming oratorio.

lala - where are you??? Hope all is well...

Pam and everybody else -- have a great week!!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #4  

Austingal: Even though my total number is 210 my HDL and LDL are really good and the doctor said as long as those are good not to worry about the total number. That makes me happy! I finally set up my appointment with the allergist and my eye doctor. I tend to put them off.

Just wanted to share that I'm really, really happy today with my WI--I was down 2.2!!! It's been such a struggle and I've gotten so bummed out but I really tried to stick with it. I was looking back at my weight tracker and it's been since September since I've been down to where I'm at! Maybe the meds are starting to work--I'm not quite as tired as I was before although I still find myself wanting to take a nap in the early evening. They said it could take up to a month before I'd notice anything major and even then I may need to have my meds increased for the thyroid. We'll see.

Hi to Susan, Lala, Pam, Lisa!! Hope you are all doing well!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #5  
Ready to Offer Support!

Wooohooo!!! Way to go Melissa!!!

Susan - how are you doing on your challenge this week? Me ... not so good! There has been a lot of family stress (aka total soap opera) with my parents and brother this week, and I just have never really licked my inclination to eat/mope when stressed. I did get out and go to my physical therapy appt today, so I was forced to get some exercise. It kind of jumpstarted me out of my funk, so I will do as we used to say around here a few years ago: "Take the hit and move on"

Hope all the regulars as well as all lurkers are having a great week!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #6  

Hi everyone. I am in my office briefly. My doctor has put me off work for the next two weeks - we will evaluate things next Friday (17th) to see if I need more time or not.

Had a major blow on Tuesday. Was at M's house to pick up some things and accidentally came across a Valentine's Day card that could only have come from someone with whom he's been intimate. You see, I have asked him several times over the past few months if we were working towards the same goal - reconciliation in one form or another. And he always assured me that that's what he was doing. So to see this betrayal, well, you can imagine. It's one blow too many, and I need time to regroup.

Having said that, I don't have internet access at home, so will only be reporting in sporadically for the next little while. I'm in the office today unofficially to take care of some financial stuff.

Austingal: I have an unfair advantage. Have felt sick since making that discovery on Tuesday and have been unable to eat for the most part. I weighed myself this morning and am down to 154.5 lbs. Feeling like crap is evidently good for something.

Melissa: Congrats on your loss. I know what you mean about going back through your weight tracker and realizing that it's been a while since you were "on."

Lisa: Good job on the 2 mile run. I've been out a few times this week and it feels great, especially since the weather has been spectacular. I hope to get 10 km in for my long run this Sunday. Hope my knees will behave.

Hi to Pam and lala.

Don't know when I'll connect with you again, but know that I'm still in the group and will be back full time once things are a little more normal.

Susan
Old 03-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #7  

Melissa, hooray for you! It must feel great to finally lose some of that stubborn weight. Yes, maybe your meds are helping. I'm glad your good cholesterol is up; that helps a lot.

Susan, I'm so sorry about your "discovery." That's really sad. Hugs to you. I'm glad you're still running; that helps with stress. I hope you're feeling better (whatever reason the doc has you off work). We're thinking about you till you get back.

Austingal, sorry about your family problems. Remember that you can't change 'em and there probably isn't much you can do about the situation! Exercise is a great way to get rid of that stress.

Found out MIL was in the hospital again and she didn't tell anyone. She is just too much to take. One of these days I guess we'll be told that she passed away and we won't even know where she is!!! Sometimes I just don't understand old people.

Yesterday was sad at work. One of my coworkers lost his brother (54 years old) suddenly to a heart attack. The brother had retired last year and was so proud that he could retire early. (sigh)

It's another great day weather-wise. I plan to go to a play tonight. Gosh, many of my friends are in shows and because they come to my shows, I go to their shows. It's just that I usually don't have so many in shows at the same time.

Hi to Pam, lala, Velveteen
Old 03-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #8  

Hi ladies,

It's cloudy here today but the weekend looks promising with temps as high as 60! I'm so ready for spring. It was very busy at work the past 2 weeks while my assistant was on vacation. Thankfully she returned yesterday. Things also have been hectic at home. I think I may have mentioned in previous posts that my sister has been having some serious heart problems. She is in the hospital today hopefully "only" having a stent put it, but she may need a bypass. Her youngest son is staying with me.

Susan check in when you can. We're thinking of you.

Melissa sounds like the meds are working..congrats on the loss.

Lisa Enjoy the play tonight. What are you going to see?

Austin sorry about the family problems. I'm having some of those too.

Lala where the heck are ya???

Well ladies I should try and get some work done. Hopefully I'll get an update on my sister soon. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #9  

Pam, good to hear from you. Sorry about your sister; it seems like the trend is to do the stent procedure first and wait on the bypass.

The play I'm going to see is "Monky Business." It's a takeoff on Nunsense with a group of monks.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #10  

Susan: I can't imagine coming across something like you did--what a blow! Take time and regroup yourself--it's okay to do that and you need it. I hope that things start looking up for you. As the others have said, the running will help with the stress. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Pam: I hope you had good news on your sister. It does seem that they try to do the least invasive when it comes to the heart. My dad has had stents put in several times. It's a balmy 62 here this morning! It's supposed to be nice (temp-wise) for the weekend although they are calling for showers. Doesn't matter to me--it'll clear out the salt and grime off the roads. I opened my windows up at home this morning

Lisa: Sometimes I think that our older relatives don't want to "burden" us with the fact that they're in the hospital, etc. They don't stop and think about how we actually feel. So sad on your co-workers brother--it just isn't fair is it?

Austingal: Keep your focus and it'll all come around for you. I really have to work hard to not go to food when I'm bored. I've been catching myself at night by asking myself, "Do I really want this?" I'm also working on making sure my journal doesn't have any blank pages this week.

Lala: I know you've been busy flying here and there the past couple of weeks but we're really missing you here! Hope all is well!

No major plans for the weekend--I think I might have to go to the produce store again for more fresh veggies--I just hate the crowds there! I am finding though that I've been eating better. DS may have his GF come over on Saturday evening but other than that it should be on the quiet side.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #11  

Went to see the play Monky Business last night. It was kind of funny, but I do think the cast needed more rehearsals. Some of the cast members didn't know the words to all of the songs and also the movements to the dances.

Melissa, during intermission last night, DH said he wanted a Coke which I bought him and I looked at the candy bars and M&M's. It's interesting what you said because I asked myself the same question: Do I really want this? I decided that I didn't and I'm glad I did.

It's pretty here today--will be in the 80's, quite warm. I ran 2 miles this morning, but wanted to quit as my darn hamstring was acting up again. Tonight is a rehearsal. Tomorrow I'm going shopping with a GF and then to a party at night. Sunday is another rehearsal.

Hello to everyone else.
Closed Thread