Does it Work? - Eph200 [merged]

View Full Version : Eph200 [merged]

SweetLady66
03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I saw this pill in the paper and I was wondering if anyone tried it. It is 100% natural. I really want to order it and try it but I want to get all the information I can on it first, so if anyone knows ANYTHING please let me know. Thank you!!

MrsJim
03-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I saw this pill in the paper and I was wondering if anyone tried it. It is 100% natural. I really want to order it and try it but I want to get all the information I can on it first, so if anyone knows ANYTHING please let me know. Thank you!!

"100% natural" does not equate to safe or effective.

Please read this post (written by an RN) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78071)before ordering this product.

Anyway...I've done some research and the ingredients in this pill are the same as all the other pills - same old same old stuff - green tea, chromium, "hoodia" (faux hoodia - as our sticky on Hoodia says, the chance of there being actual african hoodia gordonii in this is about as remote as seeing a flock of passenger pigeons flying overhead :rolleyes: ), garcinia, a bunch of caffeine, willow bark (same as aspirin basically) and so on and so on.

BTW, I live in the SF area, and have never heard of the company selling this stuff, which is purportedly in SF (or at least has a SF mailing address...which turns out to be a Mailboxes Etc (http://www.sfmailboxes.com/).)

I also can't resist adding that the interview on the site selling this crap sounds TOTALLY FAKE - not to mention that the 'before' photo is Photoshopped, and not even very well done - obviously they just cut 'n' pasted her skinny head onto an enormous body!

jlocoolj
03-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I have read about eph200 in the star and my friend said it has been awesome for about only two weeks now. She lost 9 pounds. I have another pill I am asking about. It is called "Thinstant" and it claims that you only take a pill every 5 days and you loose 6 pounds every 5 days. So after 25 days and only 5 pills you have lost 30 pounds. has anyone ever heard of it. We saw it in Globe Magazine but it does not have a website and it has a po box out of las vegas. The pills is supposedly manufactured in Italy. Please tell me if anyone has tried it and if it works.

Meg
03-11-2006, 02:05 PM
:welcome3: to 3FC! We're glad you found us here!

About the Thinstant pill you asked about - I've never heard of it and don't know of anyone here at 3FC who uses it. There's one important thing that I want to share with you about diet pills - they don't work.

I'm the moderator for the Maintainers Forum here, which is a group of 3FC members who have lost weight - and more importantly - kept it off. Periodically we survey our maintainers to ask how they lost the weight and no one has ever successfully lost weight and kept it off with diet pills. And we have over 40,000 registered members!

Diet pills may work in the short run, but if you want permanent, long-lasting results, it's just as simple as eating less and moving more. Poke around in the various groups here and ask lots of questions - you'll find all the help that you need for lifetime weight loss and maintenance. :)

GreatBigMonsterMomma
03-11-2006, 10:36 PM
"100% natural" does not equate to safe or effective.

I think this bears repeating.

Hemlock is 100% natural. Belladonna is 100% natural. Arsenic, mercury, and lead are all 100% natural. No one would reasonably suggest any of those are healthy. ;)

We really need to let go of the theory that "all natural" equals safe/healthy.

Misti in Seattle
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks Meg... you just backed up what I also firmly believe! Diet pills are not the answer... eating right and exercising is. The ads for ALL the diet "magic pills" say combined with a sensible eating and exercise plan... like LOL right if you do THAT you don't need the pills LOL

trixie_chick
03-16-2006, 10:48 AM
I just saw an add last night for EPH200....it makes sence in the add that u need to speed up your metabolism and thats the only reason why i was considering ordering the pill. After seeing your postings all your comments make sense. I'm just wondering if EPH200 or any pill for that matter can speed up your metabolism

pumpingiron
03-16-2006, 11:00 AM
The best way to speed up your metabolism is to build some muscle!

nelie
03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I think Meg puts it the best, there are a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight and maintained it. None of them have lost it through using a diet pill. As far as boosting metabolism, there are short term means to do this and long term means to do this. The long term is in fact lifting weights to build muscle which burns more fat. The short term way is to do cardio exercise which burns fat during and after the exercise.

There are small insignificant ways to temporarily raise your metabolism as well, that includes drinking caffeine and eating spicy foods. Those are usually the methods used in any diet pill that you find. It is cheaper to eat some salsa :) But those really don't have a significant effect on your metabolism and are very short term, shorter than cardio exercise.

Misti in Seattle
03-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I would certainly check out the EPH200 VERY closely before you take it... I am guessing it contains Ephedra (or Ma Huang) which I heard has recently been allowed back on the market. Yah it speeds up your metabolism, all right... if it doesn't kill you first or destroy your health. Note I am not saying EPH200 has it; just a guess and suggest you make sure. :)

pavellina
03-20-2006, 04:31 PM
hi everybody!
i've ordered eph200 today and i was surfying the net to search informations about.
probably it will not the best bargain of my life but i'll give a try:)
one thing surprised me:"The pills is supposedly manufactured in Italy".
i'm italian and i live in italy, and from the advert i've seen on a newspaper these pills come from switzerland...
or at least, it's wath i supposed after reading...

nelie
03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I actually tried looking up eph200, i can't find any ingredients information on it. Anyway, the diet industry preys on people who think "its only 30 dollars" for diet pills that work no better than aspirin would. I think meg posted something somewhere about Oprah (richest woman in the world) that said if there was a diet pill that worked, she would have it. She would spend all her money to get it. I like that because we can spend our money on hopes and dreams of a diet pill but really there is no magic pill.

Misti in Seattle
03-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Nelie, I had the same experience.... the sites "talk all around" what is actually IN it but don't say... at least none that I have seen.

Interesting though... if you google for it not only does the 3FC thread come up but the last post shows up and who it was by.

Amarantha2
03-21-2006, 09:22 PM
To add to the chorus: the only thing these silly diet pills are going to make thinner is your wallet. :)

Exercise, eat a healthy diet and take in less calories than you expend. If you want to take a "pill," take a simple vitamin to help fill any nutritional gaps.

There is NO MAGIC PILL!

HeatherLosing50
03-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, I'm another one of the ones who gave in and bought this- I know there's no miracle drugs and nothing will work on its own- but I do think that things like this can help a bit (even if its just mentally).

Well I FINALLY received the shipment- even though I ordered it weeks ago. So far- honestly- no side effects. I was really sensitive to ephedra- and there's no side effect with this (except for a funny taste in my mouth?).

So today is only the second day of taking this- so I'll post updates (especially if it doesn't work- I don't want anyone else to get ripped off!). One note though- only the second day- and I do feel like it helps suppress my appetite and I feel full alot faster than normal.

nelie
03-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Heather, What are the ingredients? Since we can't find them anywhere, I'm quite curious.

Leah03
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Hello,
I was just checking to see if anyone had recieved EPH200 yet. I really want to try it but I am having problems with the order. I mailed the company a money order over two months ago and I never recieved the product. I called them and they said that they never recieved my money order. I stoped payment and sent them a new money order two weeks ago and they once again said that they have not recieved my money order. I only live 4 hours away from San Francisco so the mail would get to them in less than two days. I have checked the address many times and I have the correct address. I was just checking to see if anyone has had any problems like this. I really would like my order.
Thanks

nelie
03-22-2006, 06:41 PM
I found a website that listed the ingredients of EPH200, it appears to be a standard diet pill mixing stimulants and appetite suppresants. From what I can tell all the ingredients can be found in other diet pills or in other forms. The interesting ones I think are white willow bark which is a pain reliever and gymnema sylvestre which has been studied as a possibility to lower blood sugar levels in diabetics. I guess making you feel good and then maybe showing positive results in your sugar levels if you are a diabetic will make you believe it works:

* Vitamin D - standard vitamin, needed for absorption of calcium, I believe
* Calcium - standard vitamin
* Chromium - standard diet pill ingredient, unproven
* Citrus Aurantium - source of synephedrine, common in diet pills
* Green Tea - source of caffeine, common in diet pills
* South African Hoodia Gordonii - no diet pill is proven to have this but a lot claim to now days, appetite suppresant
* Garcinia Cambogia - common in diet pills, unproven appetite suppresant
* Gymnema Sylvestre - appears to slightly lower blood sugar levels in diabetics
* Guarana - stimulant, common in diet pills
* Yerba Mate - stimulant, common in diet pills
* White Willow Bark - appears to be a pain reliever, alternative to aspirin (I guess it makes you feel good)
* Gelatin - no effect
* Magnesium Stearate - no effect
* Silicon Dioxide - no effect

Amarantha2
03-22-2006, 09:00 PM
It just seems that if a pill has no side effects except a bad taste in the mouth, that's, well, a side effect.

The list of ingredients says it all, IMO, it's a standard "diet pill" ... and like Oprah, if they worked, I'd move heaven and earth to get some.

It's snake oil ... but if folks wanna spend their hard-earned money on snake oil instead of a set of weights and a calorie book, then more power to 'em. :)

GreatBigMonsterMomma
03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Yeah, it's snake oil. And I'd personally be *very* wary of taking anything with an ingredient chemically similar to aspirin in it, as aspirin is a blood thinner.

I guess I really just do not understand why people would rather spend $30 on a diet pill than about $8 or $10 on a book of calorie counts. If I wanted to fool myself that something was gonna make me lose weight, I think I'd decide that the magic elixir was mother's milk tea, that way I might actually stand to get something out of it!

MrsJim
03-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Hello,
I was just checking to see if anyone had recieved EPH200 yet. I really want to try it but I am having problems with the order. I mailed the company a money order over two months ago and I never recieved the product. I called them and they said that they never recieved my money order. I stoped payment and sent them a new money order two weeks ago and they once again said that they have not recieved my money order. I only live 4 hours away from San Francisco so the mail would get to them in less than two days. I have checked the address many times and I have the correct address. I was just checking to see if anyone has had any problems like this. I really would like my order.
Thanks

Why does this not surprise me...a company using a Mailboxes Etc address (see my post at the beginning of this thread) with a faux interview (with obviously photoshopped before and after pics) not following through on your money order?

Where did you purchase the money order - do you still have a receipt? If you purchased the MO from the US Post Office or your bank you might be able to recover your money. This is one reason I always use my Visa credit/debit card to place orders...I have the power of disputing any charges. It's much harder to do this with check or money order purchases.

I would suggest contacting the US Postal Service for possible mail fraud charges. Most likely you're not alone in being scammed!

Also - apparently from what Nelie posted, there is nothing new here - like she said, that's just the standard diet pill ingredients nowadays.

Amarantha2
03-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Good point about the willow bark, Sabra!

JZA
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
I did some research on this product, EPH 200 (which stands for something like "essential products for health" and not ephedrine) and found out this:

It contains:
* Vitamin D
* Calcium
* Chromium
* Citrus Aurantium
* Green Tea
* South African Hoodia Gordonii
* Garcinia Cambogia
* Gymnema Sylvestre
* Guarana
* Yerba Mate
* White Willow Bark
* Gelatin
* Magnesium Stearate
* Silicon Dioxide
This info can be found on the "Tom Lee Health" website.

Accordling to the chats going on on Lamas Beauty website, quite a few people have had positive experiences with EPH, but ONLY COMBINED WITH PROPER EATING AND EXERCISE, which is the whole point really.

Those people seem to believe that the pill helps to control their appetite and cravings (which is a help to some), and give them more energy without a shaky feeling. They also believe they are losing weight faster then they would with proper eating and exercise alone.

Perhaps it is only a psychological boost, or maybe it actually makes you feel better, but according to most accounts it takes an extremely long time to recieve the product and a lot of people give up before it even arrives.

It took me a very long time to read all the posts related to EPH2OO on Lamas website, so I don't really recommend it. Everything they seem to be saying, I have written here, for your viewing pleasure!

Suzanne 3FC
03-24-2006, 01:27 AM
I recently read that forum when searching google for information on the pill, and was shocked by the posts. One customer was very upset because she ordered EPH 200 and when she received it, there was a paper in it telling her that the product supported weight loss when combined with diet and exercise. She was upset because it didn't say that in their advertisement and they waited until after she's paid for it before telling her she had to go on a diet :lol:

I agree that it must be a psychological boost because there is nothing in the pills that would help. In fact, it could even be dangerous.

Citrus Aurantium is also known as bitter orange and is very similar to ephedra in structure. It's also dangerous and made the Consumer Reports Dirty Dozen list of most dangerous supplements. (stimulant)

Green Tea, when enjoyed as a beverage, is full of antioxidants that may be good for our health, but green tea in a pill will not help weight loss. Studies have shown that if you drink 4 cups of green tea every day, it could contribute to 8 pounds of fat loss - over the course of a whole year. (stimulant)

Hoodia won't help because it isn't the real thing. P57, the molecule in hoodia gordonii that causes appetite suppression, is patented by Phytopharm and cannot be sold for use in weight loss products without their permission, which they are only granting to Unilever and the product is not available yet. Further, hoodia gordonii can't even be exported out of Africa because it is a rare plant protected by law. Some companies are illegally harvesting it, but most of the hoodia being sold here is not real hoodia, despite the manufacturers claims. Also, it takes a large piece of fresh hoodia that contains P57 to work, not a tiny capsule of ground plant parts. There is a lot more to this story, but that's enough reason to know that the hoodia in this product is not going to work.

Chromium - Useless. I don't know which form of chromium it contains, but the most common type advertised in weight loss supplements is Chromium Picolinate. While chromium may have health benefits, extensive clinical trials have shown that chromium picolinate does not have an effect on weight loss. Chromium can cause side effects in many people, including everything from stomach discomfort to genetic mutations in DNA. Chromium may also interfere with other supplements or medications.

Garcinia Cambogia An extensive study by JAMA concluded: Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.

Guarana Source of caffeine (stimulant)

Yerba Mate Source of caffeine (stimulant)

Gymnema Sylvestre A plant known to block sweet tastes in the mouth, so it is sometimes marketed as an appetite suppressant since it affects your desire to eat sweets. However, swallowing it in a pill does not have this effect. You must chew the leaves of the plant so it will affect the tongue. It has also been used by some to lower blood sugar levels in diabetics. See your physician if you are diabetic and want to consider this treatment, for proper dosages and suitable sources of the ingredient.

White Willow Bark Similar in structure to aspirin. Included because of the caffeine and bitter orange to simulate the 'aspirin/caffeine/ephedra' stack which used to be popular in some circuits. Dr. Ornish said it was potentially life threatening.

Calcium A couple of years ago, a study came out that showed that dairy could help weight loss. Ever since, every diet pill maker has been adding calcium to diet pills and cashing in on the news. Researchers showed that calcium supplements did enhance the effect of weight loss, however, there was more weight loss when calcium came from low or non-fat dairy sources.

Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide fillers and stabilizes for the capsule.

Misti in Seattle
03-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Thanks Suzanne... I was pretty sure something in here was very similar to ephedra and that others were loaded with caffeine but had not had time to research it and wanted to be careful expressing what was just an opinion.

Like most all of them, it says "with proper diet and exercise." Now who woulda THUNK it? :)

JZA
03-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Although it is really just stupidity to think you can lose weight without changing anything about your life, I can see why they woman Suzanne mentioned was angry about the insert included with her order of EPH200. According to the ad, "you don't have to diet or exercise in order to lose weight on EPH200". So they really are giving false information, whether the pill works in anyway with exercise or not!
The dirty *******s!

nelie
03-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Something I did was use google translate feature to read some of the German websites on EPH200 and people had similar complaints, saying that it was useless and didn't work.

MrsKeltsy
03-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I know that there was already a thread about EPH200 and I read all of it over and over again, but I thought I would post it to refresh it.

I ordered it over a month ago, and still haven't gotten it and know that it should hopefully be her this week sometime, I am starting to second guess it.

I know that there is no majic bullet to lose all the weight, I was just looking for something to kick start it. I would be happy if I were to lose 15-20 pounds with it and then just use the "hard way" lol for the rest of my weight loss.

But I was just wondering what people think that have tried it or have had someone they know tried it?

The only thing that concerns me, is with being overweight, is there a higher chance of something medically going wrong while taking a supplement? Like anything with your heart, blood pressure etc, since obvioulsy being overweight isn't considered healthy as it is????

I would really appreciate some opinions:^:

MrsKeltsy
03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Anyone...............???

43 reviews and 0 replys??

What are your guys opinion on taking supplements with people not considered that healthy?? Do you think that it could help someone get on track or do the opposite?

cherrylatte
03-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Sorry hon, I've never heard of the product :( I doubt your gonna have any bad side effects form using it though, even if your unhealthy, I'd think as long as you don't abuse the product or overdose on it I wouldn't worry about serious side affects.. I do know all herbal supplements have there own set of side affects regardless of health/weight...Sorry I don't have more input for ya!! Good luck and good health :)

nelie
03-28-2006, 11:12 AM
You could possibly have a bad side effect from the stimulants in the pill, which are usually the causes of side effects in all diet pills including higher blood pressure and in severe cases heart attacks and stroke.

I doubt it'd help you lose even 15-20 lbs but it might have a placebo effect on you, and help you that way, who knows.

yrendon
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
I found this:

What does each capsule of EPH200 contain?
Each capsule of EPH200 contains:

Vitamin D
Calcium
Chromium
Citrus Aurantium
Green Tea
South African Hoodia Gordonii
Garcinia Cambogia
Gymnema Sylvestre
Guarana
Yerba Mate
White Willow Bark
Gelatin
Magnesium Stearate
Silicon Dioxide
EPH200 does not contain ephedra.

I just got an email stateing that I should receive mine no later than the seventh of april. I'll let you all know if it works!

Leah03
04-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Mrs Keltsy,
How did you order the product (money order or credit card) because I am having the same problem getting my order, it has been over three months since I placed my first order. I sent them a money order. After not recieving my product in months, I thought that maybe something had happend to it with the mail so I cancelled the money order bought another money order and sent it to them. Well it has been about 6 weeks since I sent the second money order and I have not recieved the product. I have called them so many times and they keep telling me that they do not have my order in there system and that I should have paid by credit card. In the add it state's that they accept credit cards or you can mail a check or money order. They have also told me that they will have a manager call me back about 20 times and I have not recieved a call from the Manager. I have checked the address and it is correct. I found out about EPH200 in an add in the magazine ( US WEEKLY) and the address that they gave to send in order's was in San Fransisco,(Tom Lee Health Center Dept. EPH019, 268 Bush St. #968) I found out that it is not a company building or an office it is a Mailboxes Etc. I called there and found out that Tom Lee Health Center just rent's a mailbox. They would not tell me if Tom Lee Health Center checked there mailbox daily, weekly, monthly or anytime. I don't know what else to do. I am just getting tired of waiting. It seems like they would want the business but who knows. Is there anyone else out there that has sent a check or money order to this address and not recieved there product??? :dizzy:

Thanks,
Leah

Misti in Seattle
04-01-2006, 05:26 AM
These pills have a lot of stimulants and are loaded with caffeine. IMO yes there are health risks concerned with taking them. And with all the "magic pills" out there if any of them actually worked the makers would be instantly rich and very famous LOL. Also, I am hearing more and more stories from people who ordered them and never received them. IMO that is probably a blessing. :) But good luck. :)

mishka55
04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
I did order it, and received it within 2 weeks of placing my order. So far, I have been taking it for a week and no results or side-effects. I have been watching what I eat (around 1100 cal a day). I needed an extra boost for my upcoming vacation and thought this would help..... Well at least I learned my lesson :)

bouncy209
04-01-2006, 10:14 PM
hey everyone, i just got this diet in the mail the other day i started taking them today, ill let all of u know how it works out..." im not hoping for anything cuz nothing really works, ive tryed almost everything lost a lil but not much... ill keep u updated on this pill....

bouncy209
04-01-2006, 10:20 PM
i ordered the pills and got mine but i payed wit my visa...i got it yesterday only took 2 weeks for mine to come

bouncy209
04-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Has Anyone Gotten Any Results From These Pills Yet??

MrsJim
04-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Mrs Keltsy,
How did you order the product (money order or credit card) because I am having the same problem getting my order, it has been over three months since I placed my first order. I sent them a money order. After not recieving my product in months, I thought that maybe something had happend to it with the mail so I cancelled the money order bought another money order and sent it to them. Well it has been about 6 weeks since I sent the second money order and I have not recieved the product. I have called them so many times and they keep telling me that they do not have my order in there system and that I should have paid by credit card. In the add it state's that they accept credit cards or you can mail a check or money order. They have also told me that they will have a manager call me back about 20 times and I have not recieved a call from the Manager. I have checked the address and it is correct. I found out about EPH200 in an add in the magazine ( US WEEKLY) and the address that they gave to send in order's was in San Fransisco,(Tom Lee Health Center Dept. EPH019, 268 Bush St. #968) I found out that it is not a company building or an office it is a Mailboxes Etc. I called there and found out that Tom Lee Health Center just rent's a mailbox. They would not tell me if Tom Lee Health Center checked there mailbox daily, weekly, monthly or anytime. I don't know what else to do. I am just getting tired of waiting. It seems like they would want the business but who knows. Is there anyone else out there that has sent a check or money order to this address and not recieved there product??? :dizzy:

Thanks,
Leah

This REALLY does not surprise me...which is why I generally avoid buying from any merchant (not that I would buy this stuff anyway...from everything I've read about it - and there is more and more out there about this on the 'net, a LOT of people with similar complaints) that appears to be 'fly by night' like this one. I do NOT use checks or money orders to purchase with - precisely because of this type of situation. If you purchased your money order from the US Postal Service or your bank you might have SOME protection - but basically when you use your Visa card - the merchant KNOWS if they do not send the product then you can call the bank that issued your Visa card and file a chargeback against them which costs them $$. You can't do that with checks or money orders - maybe take them to small claims but what a PITA...besides by the time you get to court or whatever, the company will probably have gone out of business anyway as soon as word gets around what a worthless, ordinary piece of crap their product is. (Of course, more than likely they'll just rename their company, repackage their pills and sell them to the SAME PEOPLE THEY SOLD THEM TO IN THE FIRST PLACE... :rolleyes: it's a vicious circle...)

Besides, the ingredients in these pills are nothing special and nothing different from what is in just about every other diet pill out there. You could go to GNC or MuscleMax or even Walmart and Target and get an identical pill with the same ingredients.

It all comes down to marketing - you have to remember that a lot of these fly by night companies make sure to post positive messages about their products at various forums - it's become pretty easy for us mods to be able to spot 'em at this point because the diet pill pushers try that here at 3FC as well, trust me. It's free advertising for them. They know that there are many desparate people willing to try ANYTHING that advertises itself as an EASY way to lose weight.

Here at 3FC - we'll keep telling you till we are blue in the face what we have learned over time and that is there is NO MAGIC PILL, NO MAGIC FORMULA other than 'eating less and moving more' to lose weight...lifestyle changes...that's what does it, not these phony-*** pills.

Amarantha2
04-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I wanted to comment re Nelie's point that the stimulants in most of these kinds of pills carry a major whammy of danger for anyone with a known or UNDETECTED (e.g., not everyone knows everything that is goin' on in their body so why take a chance) cardio problem ... there are people who should not even be drinking coffee or tea, even though they may not be diagnosed yet, and they are plunkin' down hard earned cash for these stimulants on the off chance it'll help 'em lose weight, not even knowing what possible side effects may be lurkin' down the road, even if they aren't feelin' anything now ... look at how long ephedra was killin' folks before a halt was called (ephedra is still out there, btw, and it is present in ingredients that have a different name and is still in some pills).

What is harder, eating satisfying nutritious meals but limiting junk foods and excess calories and exercising ... or suffering scary health symptoms while running the risk (maybe small, but there) of having a fatal reaction to some mystery pill we pay our hard-earned money for so that some yahoo can get rich and go live in the south of France (or somewhere :) )!????

If unable to lose weight by healthy changes to diet and activity, or if just madly lusting for medication to spend money on, we need to consult a reputable physician to see if the handful of possibly safe prescription weight loss drugs COULD be right for us or needed ... or even if there's a reason why we should NOT take 'em ... or in some instances, there are surgical procedures that can help, under the right circumstances and for the right reasons and with medical approval ... these options take more time and dedication, but at least they give someone with a hidden medical condition a fighting chance not to end up in a coffin.

Life is fun (most of the time). It's more fun in a healthy body but shoving unknown substances down our throats in a misguided effort to get that healthy body is risking too much.

There's no magic pill ... save your money and buy some dumbbells and a pair of walkin' shoes.

Sorry, ranting. :)

I don't mean to be offensive, but I've noticed that this dynamic goes on and on in these "have-ye-tried-the-latest-magickal-pill-now-for-sale-on-ebay- at-reduced-prices-and-marked-down-at-Osco's-which-I-bet- won't-kill-me-'cause-I've-been-takin'-it-for-a-week-and-feel-fine" threads! :)

So I am adding my 1.5 cents again.

Misti in Seattle
04-02-2006, 02:00 PM
There's no magic pill ... save your money and buy some dumbbells and a pair of walkin' shoes.

LOL I love it! VERY well said!!!! :carrot:

pookaUPT
04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Im not sure about everyone on here but i am sick of working out and trying to watch what i eat and not losing a pound or an inch. it is extremly frustraiting. so if this does work for anyone this EPH 200 not just "well a friend of mine said" i would like to at least try it. I have been working out and watching what i eat for quite some time now and nothing i have actually gained five punds and havent lost an inch anywere.

Misti in Seattle
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Well I am not going to ALLOW myself to get sick of working out and eating right! I hate the plateaus too and in fact an IN one... but I know something must be happening because I am walking and walking, and doing exercises and eating right! And I FEEL so much better than before and am gaining strength! I also am cooking wonderful crockpot meals on weekends so I have yummy meals and something great to come home to every night with just a bit of effort at preparing a few veggies!

PookaUPT I sure don't mean to "negate" your discouragement! Wow that would certainly be frustrating. Are you doing your plan under medical supervision? Perhaps that would help and he/she could help you find a plan that would work better for you. You weren't very specific as to what you are doing so hard to say. But it is always good to get some professional advice. I encourage you to do that if you are not already. Hang in there!!!! You MUST be getting healthier even if it doesn't show!!!

nelie
04-04-2006, 11:14 PM
My comment for pookaUPT and anyone else who feels they are "sick and tired" of trying to eat right and exercise is the following:
Weight loss and being healthy in general relies on eating well and exercising. We have the highest rates of heart disease ever because of our poor habits. Obesity continues to grow because of our poor habits. It may get tiring if we aren't used to it or if we are too harsh with ourselves. If you go on a heavily restricted diet or an extreme exercise plan, you may feel that you are burning out. Try changing your diet slowly and incorporating exercise into your every day lifestyle. Continue building on your improved eating plan and exercise plan and it will come.

Just trying a pill to see if it works doesn't make much sense when it seems that no pill in history has safely helped someone lose weight and keep it off. You risk losing your money and hopes on a dream that will not happen through a pill. You may also lose more than that including your life depending on your specific health risks.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some day there is a drug of some sort that will safely help people lose weight. I don't expect it to come from some mail order company or some back alley. I imagine it would come from the tons of research that is being done in professional scientific labs. I would also want it to be thoroughly tested before it is introduced to the community to make sure that it is safe. If it happens, it will be shouted from the rooftops, on the news and prescribed by every doctor with an overweight patient. There would be solid proof that it works and it would be have very measurable results. This hasn't happened as of yet.

Overall, I think we as a society need to suffer a little for our lifestyle. Eating junk, overeating and underexercising has come at a price. It means we have more health issues and more obesity than ever. We do need to change our lifestyle a bit to make it healthier or else we will continue to suffer. I don't mean this to criticize anyone and I come from the point of view of someone who believes genetics plays a big part in obesity but our lifestyle plays an even bigger part. We would like a quick fix, it would be nice to have a quick fix but there is no quick fix. Exercise and eating well are the only proven remedies to weight gain.

Misti in Seattle
04-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Nelie, you consistently write the most thoughtful, meaningful posts. Thanks so much for your insights. You are a blessing!

GreatBigMonsterMomma
04-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Well said, Nelie. Also, I think that it has been mentioned here before (by MrsK, if memory serves): if ANY pill worked, you would hear about it constantly. We live in a culture with several networks devoted to providing 24-hour news coverage. They would jump on anything that worked, or gave even the vaguest hint of working. It would be on the Today Show, it would be on Oprah, it would be on Fox & Friends, on the cover of USA Today, Newsweek, Time, even People.

I know how frustrating weight loss can be--heck, I just broke about a four-month plateau myself. But really, why waste the money? Why come to 3FC, click on this forum, click on this thread where we all tell you it's not going to work, and then say "Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but maybe I'll get lucky!" You know, take your thirty bucks and buy some lottery tickets; you've got more of a chance of getting lucky that way than with a diet pill.

Leah03
04-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow, I can't believe it. I recieved my EPH200 today. It has been months since I placed the order. I had given up hope on recieving it. I am excited to start it, I know that the posibililty of it actually working is slim. I have been going to the gym since the end of November (almost 5 months) and I have not lost one pound, I do feel my muscles are getting stronger but I have not lost any weight. I work out 5 days a week for an hour and a half, two of those days I have a trainer. I am 29 years old, 5'9 and weight 178lbs I want to get back down to 135 - 140 again. I have never had a weight problem before just this last year or two. I have been trying to get the weight off by working out but it is not working, how crazy is that. So I am going to give these EPH200's a try with working out. I am not to great at eating really healthy, I am sure that has something to do with it, but I thought that I would at least loose some weight working out. Has anyone been on them for a while? I see a few post's that some of you have just started them. I am curious if anyone has been on them for a while and lost any weight. I started them today, I will let you know if it works for me.

Sudha
04-19-2006, 11:22 PM
I agree that the ad did not mention anything about diet or exercise. It just said you had to take the pill and keep your diet the same. I don't know what to believe after reading that ad though, because they took certain measures to make the story extremely convincing. I am glad, however, that I researched the product a little more before making a quick decision. However, I read one review on the product that the person recieved it very quickly, while all other reviews said that time-wise, it took much too long to receive. Also, one of the reviews i read said that the person, in order to test the product out further, took the pill, and then during the second week, ate whatever sweets and fats she wanted to eat. and it apparently still worked.
I would honestly research more before buying the product though. This forum was probably the most helpful one though, in finding negative effects of this pill.
I remember also looking at that girl's picture in the ad, the one named Claudia who lost 41 pounds, and I remember saying that it looked like that picture was digitally enhanced, because it for some reason did not look like ... well, it's hard to explain, but it didn't look right. I think it was digitally enhanced.
I guess there's no real quick fix that lasts. That ad definitely gave an entirely different picture about the drug as compared to even the official sites on the drug!
Sudha

Sudha
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I definitely agree that it would be all over the media if some really good very effective drug/other was actually discovered. Guess there's no substitute to good old fashioned diet and exercise crap. Too bad...

Misti in Seattle
04-20-2006, 12:30 AM
IGuess there's no substitute to good old fashioned diet and exercise crap. Too bad...

LOL yah for sure! :)

babyfatstillhere
05-11-2006, 12:32 AM
i'm new to this forum; thought i would say hi. i admit i got caught up in the ad on eph200 and ordered it. they said it will be arriving in the next week. i'm not looking for something that will be the "cure" but i feel like i'm in a rut and can't get motivated to eat right and exercise and think this will help get me going. i honestly don't care if it is a placebo i just need to think that something is happening.
i told myself i'm not going to buy any more clothes until i can fit into the pre-pregnancy clothes. i'm really getting sick of my wardrobe :dizzy:

MrsJim
05-11-2006, 12:46 AM
I agree that the ad did not mention anything about diet or exercise. It just said you had to take the pill and keep your diet the same. I don't know what to believe after reading that ad though, because they took certain measures to make the story extremely convincing. I am glad, however, that I researched the product a little more before making a quick decision. However, I read one review on the product that the person recieved it very quickly, while all other reviews said that time-wise, it took much too long to receive. Also, one of the reviews i read said that the person, in order to test the product out further, took the pill, and then during the second week, ate whatever sweets and fats she wanted to eat. and it apparently still worked.
I would honestly research more before buying the product though. This forum was probably the most helpful one though, in finding negative effects of this pill.
I remember also looking at that girl's picture in the ad, the one named Claudia who lost 41 pounds, and I remember saying that it looked like that picture was digitally enhanced, because it for some reason did not look like ... well, it's hard to explain, but it didn't look right. I think it was digitally enhanced.
I guess there's no real quick fix that lasts. That ad definitely gave an entirely different picture about the drug as compared to even the official sites on the drug!
Sudha

Keep in mind that often, marketers of diet pills and other scammy products (or people trying to sell the pills, say on ebay) will post on forums as just 'regular people' and praise the product/pill to the skies (believe me...we catch these spammers quite often here at 3FC!) and of course it only takes one good review - even amongst bunches of bad ones - for many people to order this s**t.

(my guess is that there are at least one or two of these types of 'fake reviews' on this very thread...why don't you try and guess who they are...? )

These hucksters know exactly what they're doing - more than likely they've done it before many many times. My guess is that many are selling the exact same product multiple times, under different brand names and different company names. They KNOW they are truly 'feeding on dreams' and I regard them as total scum-sucking lying leeches.

For the most part, it appears that the majority of people ordering this product are getting their orders MONTHS after they are placed. Info time - you shouldn't have to wait more than a MONTH at most for ordered merchandise (unless the retailer informs you there will be a wait due to a backorder or some such...in that case you should NOT be billed until the order is ready to ship. This is why it is a good idea to use your credit/debit card rather than check or money orders - if you order merchandise and the retailer/merchant debits your account and does NOT send the order and does NOT respond to emails, correspondence, or phone calls - after 30 days, I would advise that you contact the bank who issued the card you used and start chargeback proceedings.

Personally - I wouldn't send a plugged nickel to these scammers.

Misti in Seattle
05-11-2006, 09:17 AM
(my guess is that there are at least one or two of these types of 'fake reviews' on this very thread...why don't you try and guess who they are...? )

LOL I am cracking up at this! :rofl: As someone who used to help manage an online forum, I think you are right... and I'll bet I too can spot them in a heartbeat!!!! ;) I don't for a minute doubt that you are experts at catching them LOL... voice of experience!! :) And the same person is likely to be in a forum under two different names creating a "discussion" if I know my stuff. :) Note: this is NOT meant to be accusing of anyone in THIS thread but just a general observation of the cyberworld!!
I would not send them a cent either!!! As others have said before, spend your $$$ on fresh wholesome food and a good pair of walking shoes!!! :dance:

MRS.UNIVERSEMAMMA
05-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi all. I just got my EPH200 a few day ago and took it staight to my dr. She had heard of it and said I should go for it because nothing else has worked and none of the the ingredents were harmfull. She did say it was still important to do cardio so if I do lose weight fast :carrot: I wont get loose skin and stuff (not that I dont already have some from havin babies lol) So anyone else on the stuff, make sure you at least walk or do some form of cardio. Good luck and Good health:D

bouncy209
05-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Hey every1.. hows it going? any word on these pills yet? i sent mine back and got my money back, they didnt work for me.." so forget it lol, as of right now i went back to my regular routine, i made my own diet plan that works for me, eating more healthy and doing more excerise, its been good so far ive lost 2 pounds.." i have all my small goals down, i hope to lose at least 8 to 10 pounds b4 this month ends..then so on and so on wit tiny goals, i want to get fit in to my party dress in october for my 22nd birthday...

MoodyMama
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Okay so here's the real deal with this stuff. I ordered EPH200 and started taking it about 2 months ago. It took them 6 weeks to actually get it to me first off. Then they say they have a garuntee. Well, guess what after holding for about 4 days to get my money back the garantee starts from the day you place your order. That's why they take SO long to get it to you. So that by the time you figure out it doesn't work your crap out of luck. The ONLY thing positive that I noticed on this diet pill was that it made me not as hungry. So if eat 3 buckets of chicken for every meal I suppose you would lose weight taking this. But for most of us that are on a 1200-1800 calorie diet it does absolutely nothing. I had no extra weightloss AT ALL with this "amazing" pill. Don't waste your money! Please. I got suckered out of $96 that I could NOT afford.

gretaleann
05-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Do you think the EPH 200 works?? Never mind I've already read your postings!!

LOL

Proud Mama
05-22-2006, 04:08 AM
I just saw the ad for Eph200 in a magazine and decided to order it. Then I did some Googling to see what others are saying about it. It seems to work for some and not work for others... just like everything else in this world.

This thread came up in my search. I have just a few things to say:
1. Diet pills DO work. If they didn't they'd go out of business REAL fast. EVERY company out there relies on word of mouth and repeat customers. EVERY business. I have known women who have taken them and have lost weight... and yes, I know that to keep it off you need to exercise. I think everyone realizes that.
2. Buying diet pills is neither stupid or a waste of money. Like buying ANY other product in this universe you might like it, you might not like it. I've watched movies with bad reviews and loved them. Does it make me stupid for buying it because no one ELSE thought I should? Nope.
3. Just because it's not right for you doesn't make it not right for everyone else.
Okay, just wanted to say that because I get the *vibe* that a few members on here are implying that anyone who has purchased this diet pill is basically an idiot and less intelligent than them. Hmmmmm

Now for the reasons *I* bought the pills:
I seem to be in a viscious cycle. I wake up each day with NO energy. I have enough energy to crawl out of bed, work 8 hours, and take care of my toddler and that's about it.
I don't have the energy to make myself a nutritious meal let alone exercise. I realize in order to get energy you need to exercise but I did that for months and the only thing it did for me was leave me even more exhausted. My friends go for walks and come back energized. I go for a walk and need a nap so bad I can barely stand up. I can't remember when was the last time I had energy.
I've had friends that tried Dr. Schulze's Superfood..... an all natural (yes we all hate those words but they're organic and completely healthy) ingredients like wheatgrass and they rave about it. They can't believe how much energy it gives them! I made mine in the blender every morning for weeks with a frozen banana, fresh squeezed apple juice, and 2 large tablespoons of Superfood. Gave me energy for 5 minutes. Then I went back to feeling like I am in CONSTANT need of a nap.
I am constipated. Have been for YEARS. It's hard for your body to absorb and assimilate nutrients when your colon walls are covered in crap (literally). The main reason for constipation is poor diet and lack of exercise.........

So... I have no energy. THAT is my problem. I realize that in order to get energy the good ole fashioned way I need to move my body and get up and make and eat nutritious meals. I need fresh air. Yoga would be fabulous but right now it literally almost puts me to sleep.
The one and only thing my friends all said about the diet pills they took is that they gave them energy. I don't care if it's a "bad" energy -- so is drinking coffee and pop and eating sweets -- none of which I do.
Sitting and laying around is far worse for my health than a little caffeine.

In order to get healthy and get moving I need a boost. I was actually considering buying caffeine pills just to get me started because the way I feel is ridiculous. A friend recently said "if you were any more mellow you'd be dead". True. Sad. I'm always ready for a nap. I'm sick of it.

Yes, I get enough sleep. But I am depressed and I think that leads to my constant lack of enthusiasm for life/tiredness. To get un-depressed I need exercise and good food. Back to the viscious cycle I'm in.

I'm rambling. For those of you who are in a pattern of exercise and healthy eating.... GOOD FOR YOU! Rock on!
For those of you who want a boost through diet pills.... GOOD FOR YOU! No matter where you start you'll still end up at the same finish line. If you cheat at the beginning..... so what!!!

Different strokes for different folks! I really hope Eph200 gives me some ENERGY!
I'll post my progress when I get them.

Proud Mama
05-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Alright, I got my pills today - that was quick!
I have all the info that comes with it so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.
Since I've heard so much down talk on this product I started taking it this morning assuming it will do nothing... and I was surprised with an energy boost after just a couple hours.
If that's all it does for me, I'll be happy. So I'm happy.

It says I won't notice a change for appx 7 days in the pamphlet so I'll let you all know in a week if I still have energy and if I've lost anything.

Suzanne 3FC
05-27-2006, 12:08 AM
I was surprised with an energy boost after just a couple hours.
If that's all it does for me, I'll be happy. So I'm happy.

You'll get an energy boost. You just took a bunch of stimulants. :eek: You consumed bitter orange (Citrus Aurantium) which works in the body like ephedra and carries just as much danger. Consumer Reports listed it on their dirty dozen list of most dangerous supplments. You also swallowed Guarana and Yerba Mate, both sources of caffeine. White Willow Bark contains salicin, an alternative to asprin. So this creates the old "ephedra/caffeine/asprin stack" we've all heard about that can indeed increase energy initially since it's a powerful stimulant, and cause water weight loss which will show on the scale first, but you'll eventually gain it back. Plus it is potentially life threatening. Any thermogenic qualities are very minor when you look at the big picture. To lose fat, you'll still have to cut/burn calories just like the rest of us. The only difference between me and you is that you are putting your health at risk to lose the same amount of fat.

pushagrrl
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I just received my EPH200 pills in the mail today.... I just ordered them Monday and its only Saturday so it didnt talk long at all for them to get here... Anyways, ill start taking them on Tuesday because it is a holiday weekend and it's no use starting them right now. The change will start Tuesday. Ill let everyone know how its going throughout the pill taking weeks.

Sunnigummi
05-30-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm with the posters who claim this pill is trash. It is trash. I've read a few scientific papers that have all tried to address the obesity issue...to no avail. Everything they've found has exceptions because everyone is different. The one thing that does work for everybody, no matter what size, color, height or sex is exercising and eating healthy (foods and portions). You have to wait for the weight to drop - it's not instantaneous. If it took you 10+ years to gain that weight, it doesn't make sense that in 2 weeks you can take it all off. That's crap. The fat was put away for storage because there was too much energy (food) coming in. You'll have to reduce your caloric intake (to a safe level) to force your body to use your fat storages. Exercise is one way to boost fat storage usage. THAT'S the way to go: eat right + exercise = weight loss. Note that diet pills do not factor in this equation.

ChillNMySkin
05-30-2006, 06:58 PM
I just want to start off by saying HELLO to everyone!!! I am glad that I found a site where women who are trying to lose weight can get together and inspire, and inform each other as well as have some healthy discussions!! :hug:

The first thing I wanted to say(and forgive me for being off topic I will return to it) that has been important to me in my life was my own since of self confidence and self worth (Now if this topic has already been discussed then please excuse me). IMO it is important that before beginning any regiment that will alter a person physically they should be sure they are doing it to make themselves MORE beautiful. It has been my experience that people who are overweight are taught either directly or indirectly by society not to love themselves. This is not true and urge any person who is trying to physically alter themeselves in ANY way to make sure that they are doing it for self improvement and not for self validation. Self worth, self love, and good self esteem have to some from within.

As I digress I agree with both sides of the argument. I do totally agree IMO that the only way to lose weight and MAINTAIN it is to have a healthy lifestyle (that just doesn't entail eating right and exercise but also other factors such as sleep, etc,.) but not everyone is as motivated as the next person. So in my opinion the best course of action is to do what is advised before a person starts a weightloss plan is to consult a reputable physician. Most of the time She/He will have a better way to lose weight and will be able to refer you to a nutritionist who, if you insist on taking a diet pill, may be able to recommend a supplement that has less potential risk for side effects and one that contains more healthful ingredients.

I hope that all the women choosing to take this supplement have psositive results with no negative consequences:) Good luck:)

***Just as a side note I was having a lot of trouble losing weight then I talked to my doctor whom referred me to my nutritionist. She advised me to take a vitamin supplement (in ADDITION to maintaining a healthy lifestyle) and that was my "Magic Pill" :) . She found that I naturally did not absorb certain vitamins and minerals that aid the weight loss process properly so the extra dose of those vitamins and minerals helped me so much not just to lose weight but to feel better and have more energy!! :carrot: :D ***

Zakiya87
07-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I was reading what these ladies had to say about the product, and the comments do sound discouraging. I do agree to a certain extent that they do work, but it all depends on the person that is taking them. They are all not going to work on everyone. I know people say it is a waste of time to try them because it is like a lottery process, you have to try numerous amount of times with different products to see what works for you. However, no one has the money to try that, which is something I can understand and relate. I know people who have even down the weight loss surgeries and end up putting the weight back on because of genetics.

I have recently decided to try this product to see if it would help me out. I like to read comments about product before I buy them, so that is why I am really here. I want to here personal comments as well as professional. And in my own little research, I found some interesting info about this product. I went to this one site that was a review from a well known personal trainer, success coach, nutrition consultant, health club manager, publisher and freelance writer. You may have seen it or not. I saw the weight lost supplement reviews, and I feel that they cannot be counted on becuase one year you have one product on the top of the list then another year, it is on the bottom from someone else who rated them.

Me, myself, do not have a real problem when it comes to losing weight. If I go on an extreme diet, I do take a lot off, or if I go through some straneous excerising, I do take off, but I cannot seem to keep it off. I was hoping that this product will help me lose and keep it off. If it doesnt work, well then, that is just my lose. If I do lose weight, I will be sure to post it.

Also, after reading what you all have to say about the delivery time, it helped me understand how these people are when it comes to delivery, so I will stay on their back from day 1. lol.

miss bbcake
08-02-2006, 01:43 AM
i took xenadrine rfa 1 and they worked , but they quit making them because they had ephedra in them. i would also like to say i think it is far more unhealthy to be overweight then to take diet pills for a short period of time to help yourself feel motivated. Sometime people need the extra push

nelie
08-02-2006, 12:50 PM
It is my opinion that it is more unhealthy to take medication that you don't know the effects of which could cause stroke, heart attack, damaged internal organs, etc than to be overweight. If you want motivation from a pill, I too could sell you a placebo pill for 39.95.

I have yet to meet anyone who has lost weight and kept it off from a diet pill. I have met people who have lost weight and kept it off from diet and exercise though. Weight loss takes work and maintaining that weight loss takes work. The problem with the common weight loss is that all you need to do is take a pill, do a little exercise, go on a diet and you will lose weight. Once you have lost the weight, you can go back to what you were doing before the weight loss. The hard truth is in order to lose weight and maintain that weight loss, you need to change your habits both dietary and physical activity.

There is only one exception that I have read to this rule and that is if you have a baby. If you have a baby, you gain weight due to the baby. If you are able to lose the weight in a certain period of time, then go back to the habits you had before the baby, then you should be fine. I personally have no experience in that but I read an article not too long about the reasons why you should work dilligently to lose weight after having a baby or else your body will consider that weight permanent.

ncs
10-05-2006, 03:26 AM
hey everyone, i have tried eph200 and it worked for me, however, you MUST combine it with excercise

mageborn98
10-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I made the snap decision of ordering these online, then I remembered these forums and decided to see if anyone had talked about these. Low and behold, I found this thread. I am similar to the above poster, who stated she has NO energy. I work 8-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, I come home and rarely feel up to cooking dinner. Most nights I heat up junk food (anything 30 mins or less), however when I do cook, it's generally healthy. (I use a George Foreman Grill to cook chicken, steak or porkchops since it's fast and drains a good chunk of grease/fat off) I have tried to take CortiSlim, go on diets, bought TurboJam to work out to (that lasted 2 days!) and numerous other attempts (such as walking every day or so) and can't get motivated anymore. I'm soo tired I don't want to do anything but sit in front of the computer or watch a movie. Luckily I don't snack much or eat a lot, but I just don't move enough to offset those splurge days of McDonalds or frozen pizza. I hope they DON'T send me these pills, as I've never successfully been able to take pills (just plain forget about em) Luckily I paid with a visa, so I have recourse. Since no one has said "yes these work" even a bit, it's just another one to add to the list....:(

MrsKeltsy
10-29-2006, 12:01 AM
I have tried it myself and I was only on them for a week and I started to get chest pains (heart) and it scared me too much to keep taking them.

It took a couple of months for me to actually get the pills and by that time it was too late for me to return and get a refund. It was my first time with trying a supplement and it was a good one and I don't think I would ever try any again. I would be too scared that something might happen since I got the reaction from these ones.